Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Life in Christophe Harbour

Go down 
+14
SandySimmer
butterflyunion
clc
mac
Grykon
Caleb_71
Hunter
Ullwera
soloaris
WittyKitty
Sugah
Astral Faery
autumnelle
AdriannaSimmie
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:31 am

I totally agree with Em, Ari and Elle on this one

Carolyn has totally made a mess of everyone's life. I used to feel sorry for her but now I am just so flipping mad at her..ugh!!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 4:06 pm

Elleluv wrote:
I do not see Carolyn as the innocent victim here! To top it off, now she drags her daughter into this mess she made of her love life. It's one thing (though still not completely fair) to not be sure who's child you are carrying and let your husband believe the baby is his, but to know damn well that your one-night stand resulted in this pregnancy and not tell him, that is just plain wrong. Not just to Kyle whose feelings I could give two figs about, but to everyone else involved. Who gave you the right to play God and decide what's best for everyone, especially since it is clear from your decisions in life thus far that you are hardly qualified to do so. Let's be real, Carolyn, your objective was to protect your own a$$ from your mistakes and not have to face the music. She has a lot of freakin' nerve. It seems that Kyle is not the only one who feels that deceit is all right with an excuse and that there are no consequences to actions.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 28795 Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 637989

Ben detto, caro mia! Well said!
Bravo! Bravo!

Em wrote:
She made a couple of really poor decisions, and not just small decisions, but major life decisions, like rushing into marriage with a guy who she's had a rocky relationship all along and when she's hasn't resolved her feelings for someone else and hiding her daughter's paternity. The time to tell Kyle would have been when she told him she was pregnant.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 357604

You got that right, doll! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 940149

Toni wrote:
Carolyn really messed this one up. I'm not making excuses for her, but I think sometimes people misstep and in not correcting it quickly, it just snowballs into one big, tangled mess. I'm guessing she didn't think it though at the time, she was scared, probably still hurt by what she would have seen as Marco's rejection...and made the monumentally stupid decision to just bury her head in the sand and convince herself that what had happened hadn't happened.

It's obvious she didn't think it through, but I agree that she was probably scared, hurt and confused.
However, she had time to figure it out eventually.
She never gave approaching Marco another try.
If only she had returned to talk with him again, after getting her thoughts together...

I have to give credit where due, so I shall agree with Ari and say it was a nice change to see another side to Kyle:
The caring, devoted father showing a bit of consideration for others and not being his usual self-centered, self-satisfying D-O-G self.
He loves his kids & seems to want what's best for them. We'll give him that. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 12612

Ari wrote:
I still can't get over how much detail you put into your sims' homes ... But your sims' homes are laid out nicely, with detail in every corner ... and always fitting for their characters. It just blows me away.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 4322

As you well know by now, Lady T, I wholeheartedly concur with Ms Faery's statement.

Another fabulous exerpt! Can't wait for more!

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 302407 Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 461171
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 5:00 pm

Toni wrote:
I agree with everything you all have said. Carolyn really messed this one up. I'm not making excuses for her, but I think sometimes people misstep and in not correcting it quickly, it just snowballs into one big, tangled mess. I'm guessing she didn't think it though at the time, she was scared, probably still hurt by what she would have seen as Marco's rejection...and made the monumentally stupid decision to just bury her head in the sand and convince herself that what had happened hadn't happened.

Not for nothing but a child has the mentality that things can go away if you ignore it long enough. She completely did the wrong thing here and there is absolutely no excuse for it. The only person...errrr, sim, laughin I feel sorry for is poor Maya, and actually a little for Marco. He really did not have a chance to do the right or wrong thing, she made up his mind (and everyone else's) for him (them).

Ari wrote:
I was surprised by Kyle's behavior in this segment - caring and considerate - not the selfish dog he usually seems to be. It was nice to have a glimpse of the other side of him, the one Carolyn is in love with.

Ari wrote:
I still can't get over how much detail you put into your sims' homes. My sims are lucky if they even get a picture on the wall, and half the times I forget to put lighting in their houses until it gets dark and I realize I've forgotten, lol. But your sims' homes are laid out nicely, with detail in every corner - never too much, and always fitting for their characters. It just blows me away.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 I_agree

Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:35 am

Quote :
I still can't get over how much detail you put into your sims' homes. My sims are lucky if they even get a picture on the wall, and half the times I forget to put lighting in their houses until it gets dark and I realize I've forgotten, lol.

Mine too! My poor sims live in the dark half the time and I don't even notice. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 99672 And I agree, Toni always does a fabulous job decorating her sims's homes and the lots they visit. It really is perfectly done. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 28795
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 2:08 pm

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 357604 With all those nice writers above me.

If Carolyn really wanted to tell MArco something she could sent him a letter or now we use email He would have to read it from her if she sent him a lot of mails.
Of course she shouldn´t tell him on the mail but that she really wanted to se him. She had som very importend news for him.

I really like that side of Kyle we have seen now with the children.

And now miss Storyteller What´s up now! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 846508

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 330104
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:38 pm

verklempt Oh maaaaaaan.....No sympathy for Carolyn at all! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 503793

Alright! Alright! I know she was wrong! I know it! But I'm not sure what I would've done in her situation. Newly married to a jealous man, and finding out you're pregnant by a man who you think you'll never speak with again. I think she was naive...and a bit stupid, but not self-centered...just dumb. Anyway, now she's got to face the music. Let's check in and see what happens next....

Oh, thank you guys so much for the wonderful words about my decorating! I spend a ton of time decorating and redecorating! lol! I figure in RL people paint and put up new wall paper, and buy new furniture....and surely they change their bedding! lol! I can't help it! I probably take it too far, but at least now that I'm sharing my piccies, it doesn't seem as weird. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 774807

[WARNING: PIC SPAM AHEAD!]

---
It was the hardest thing Carolyn had had to do in her life. She and Kyle sat on either side of Maya at the kitchen table. With tears streaming down her face, she took her daughter's hand in hers, and taking a deep breath told her that years ago, when Mommy and Daddy weren't together, she and Uncle Marco had spent a night together.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Reveal1

Shortly after that she and 'Daddy' had reunited and gotten married, and by the time she found out she was going to have a baby, they were already happily married and she and Uncle Marco who had had a falling out, were no longer on speaking terms...and so she was never able to tell him that the baby was his.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Reveal2

Maya's eyes opened up as wide as saucers. They shifted from her mother to her father, and back to her mother. She blinked rapidly, then squeezed her eyes shut for a minute...

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Reveal3

...And opened them again. Her hand had gone limp in Carolyn's.

"Uncle Marco is my father?" she croaked.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Reveal4

"Your biological father, but your Daddy is right here honey," Carolyn said looking at Kyle, whose eyes were full of tears.

"I'm your Daddy, My," Kyle said hoarsely, calling her by the pet name he had for her, as he reached to take her other hand.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Reveal6

Maya looked at him. "And you're okay with that?" she asked Kyle.

"With being your Dad? You're my daughter honey, nothing can change that."

"No, I mean if you're okay with the whole thing. I mean mom having sex with Uncle Marco?" she asked.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Reveal7

Carolyn swore she saw a smile flit across Kyle's face, as he dropped his head and ran his free hand over his face.

Maya released her mother's hand, and Carolyn stifled a sob.

"It was a long time ago My," Kyle said reaching to grab Carolyn's hand across the table. "We weren't together," he said, smiling sadly at Carolyn.

Maya's eyes were dry, but she sniffed.

"I'm afraid I wasn't a very good boyfriend," he said. "I totally don't blame her for dumping me."

Carolyn wanted to climb across the table and throw her arms around Kyle's neck. He had his moments!

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Reveal9

Maya looked at Carolyn, her mouth twisted as though she was trying not to cry. "So you picked Dad over Uncle Marco, is that why he stopped talking to you?"

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Reveal10

"It was a long time ago Maya," she said softly.

"Does he know?" Maya asked. "Does Uncle Marco know he's my father."

Carolyn immediately caught that Maya was already differentiating between Daddy and father. "Gosh she's a bright kid," she thought proudly, even as her heart ached for the pain she was undoubtedly causing her.

"He found out tonight," Carolyn said softly.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Reveal12

"Wow! Is he mad?"

"Not at you honey!" Carolyn said quickly, grabbing her hand again.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Reveal13

"Oh. He's mad at you huh, mom?"

Carolyn nodded sadly.

"Well, I kinda understand that though mom," she said matter-of-factly. "He must feel pretty bad."

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Reveal14

"Yes of course he does," Carolyn said, catching her breath. She was just so overwhelmed, and so proud. Her baby was more concerned about them...all of them...than she was about herself.

"So Dad, did you find out tonight too? Is that why we're having this 'big reveal' now?"

Kyle looked at Maya with tears in his eyes and nodded slowly.

"Man, that must have been a helluva conversation," Maya said.

"Maya! Language!" Carolyn said reflexively. Kyle smiled.

"Mom, I'm a little shaken up right now, can you cut me a little slack?" Maya said.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Reveal16

Kyle choked back a chuckle and Carolyn lowered her head so her daughter couldn't see her smiling.

"So?" She asked, looking from one parent to the next. "What happened?"

Kyle and Carolyn looked at each other...

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Reveal17

...And then at Maya.

"What?!" the teenager asked waving her hands in the air. "You guys have always been open with me. Don't stop now!" she said.

"I broke his nose," Kyle said.

"You...you broke Uncle Marco's nose?!" she asked incredulously.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Reveal20

Kyle made a face and looked down at the table. "It was wrong. I was jealous."

Maya raised her eyebrows, and glanced at her mother with a knowing look. Not for the first time, Carolyn was sure her daughter knew about his infidelity.

"So you punched him," she said looking at him with all the disapproval of a parent scolding a naughty child. "Violence is not cool Dad."

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Reveal21

"No, no, it's not My," Kyle said, lowering his eyes.

"You should really let it go Dad. You got the prize," she said looking at Carolyn.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Reveal22

Kyle looked at her smiling. "Yes, I did. Didn't I?" he said.

Then he took Maya's hand gently in his and said softly, "And you're part of my prize honey."

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Reveal23

"I...I...think, I'm going to cry now," Maya said, and she burst into tears, burying her face in her hands. Her parents rushed to her, wrapping their arms around her.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Reveal24

"Mommy is so sorry," Carolyn sobbed.

Maya eventually stopped crying and looked up at them. Her face was streaked with tears and her nose was runny and red.

"This is a whole lotta stuff for me to absorb, you know?" She said almost apologetically, her voice hoarse.

They hugged her again, and then Kyle went to the fridge and brought her a glass of water.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Reveal25

"I think I'll go to bed now," she said after taking a few sips.

Carolyn wrapped her arm around Maya's shoulders, and looked at Kyle over the top of her daughter's head. "Thank you," she mouthed to him.

He smiled back sadly, and as she led Maya out of the kitchen, he sat heavily in a chair, put his head down on his arms, and wept.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Reveal26

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Flourish2

Carolyn lay with her daughter in the teenager's bed.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 POST3

Maya asked whether or not they should tell 'the children' yet. Carolyn thought it best if they waited for a bit. Maya understood that it had to be a secret for a while until everyone had decided how best to handle the whole situation. She asked her mother though if she could call Uncle Marco. She figured he would be feeling pretty bad, and didn't want him to think she hated him or anything.

"Of course, you can call him," Carolyn said gently, stroking Maya's hair, and feeling proud of how well she was handling the whole thing. She told her daughter though that she wouldn't be able to tell her best friend Charlie (her cousin) for a while.

"I'll have to discuss with Uncle Marco how he wants to deal with his family," Carolyn said.

Maya nodded.

"About you and Charlie, Maya...is he...is he...your boyfriend?" Carolyn asked tentatively.

"No! He's Charlie!" the teen said, wrinkling her nose.

Carolyn smiled.

"Though he did ask if he could practice kissing on me," she added, making a face.

Carolyn inhaled sharply.

"Don't worry mom. I suggested he find a girl who actually finds him attractive," she said with a little smile.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 POST1

"Ouch! That was cold!" Carolyn said chuckling. "Have you kissed a boy before?" She asked her daughter gently.

"Not yet. But I have my eye on Matt Bransfield," she said smiling shyly.

Carolyn smiled back. Matthew was the son of her old schoolmate Crazy Kurt Bransfield, now a popular televangelist with a syndicated programme. She had met Matt at one of two of Maya's birthday parties and he had seemed like a nice enough young man.

Maya snuggled against her mother.

"How old were you when you kissed a boy for the first time, mom?" she asked sleepily.

Carolyn stroked her daughter's hair again.

"A bit older than you are now. I was fourteen," she said.

"What was his name."

"Marco," she said softly.

She felt Maya start, and she turned her head to peer at her mother in the semi-darkness.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 POST2

"Our Marco?" she asked.

Carolyn smiled. "Um...yes...our Marco."

"Wow," Maya mumbled sleepily, snuggling down again. "Uncle Marco deserves like a whole chapter in your autobiography."

Carolyn laughed softly. "She has Marco's wry sense of humor," she thought to herself.

"Did you love him?" Maya asked her. "Was it just a sex thing, or did you love Uncle Marco when you made me?"

Carolyn's stomach flipped over, but she knew the answer. She had always known the answer. "Yes I did," she said softly.

"But you picked Dad."

Carolyn thought her heart would break. She hugged her daughter tightly. "It was a very complicated situation, but believe me honey, you were made from love."

"Do you still love him...do you still love Uncle Marco," she asked sleepily.

Carolyn's mind raced. After a few minutes she said, "He's very special to me." But Maya had fallen still next to her, her breathing steady.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Post4

Carolyn eased her arm away, and slid gently off the bed.

As she reached the doorway, she heard Maya mumble in her half sleep. "You didn't answer my question."

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Post5

Carolyn pretended not to have heard and slipped out of the room.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Post6

Last edited by ilikefishfood on Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 11:50 pm

Clever and witty, how you handled that last part. You are growing as a storyteller - your story is flowing so nicely - realistic dialogue - I know I always say that, but it's true. Nothing is ever forced, and you always manage to gracefully push the story in just the right places to pace it perfectly. Very well done. I love you
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 9:13 am

Quote :
I think she was naive...and a bit stupid, but not self-centered...just dumb.

I don't think she was self-centered about it either. Probably more scared and in denial. I can't say I would have handled the best way if I was in her shoes either. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 128862

That was so beautifully done. I love the ending. Carolyn really struck me in the first shot. I'm not sure if it's the skintone or her outfit, but she looked so real! I'm really impressed with Maya. She's a very mature and considerate girl, thinking of everyone but herself and really focused on what to ask. She must really be a special kid! Great job. As always, can't wait to see what happens next!
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 7:55 pm

Astral Faery wrote:
Clever and witty, how you handled that last part. You are growing as a storyteller - your story is flowing so nicely - realistic dialogue - I know I always say that, but it's true. Nothing is ever forced, and you always manage to gracefully push the story in just the right places to pace it perfectly. Very well done. I love you

SimEm wrote:
That was so beautifully done. I love the ending. Carolyn really struck me in the first shot. I'm not sure if it's the skintone or her outfit, but she looked so real! I'm really impressed with Maya. She's a very mature and considerate girl, thinking of everyone but herself and really focused on what to ask. She must really be a special kid! Great job. As always, can't wait to see what happens next!

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 648375 I am so flattered Ari and Em! That means so much coming from experienced writers! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 367799

You guys are the best!

Now I know I said that I wouldn't waste time posting anything but updates on the Carolyn-Kyle-Marco saga, but this is not unrelated.

Their parents were over and I was taking pictures...and I'd totally forgotten how breathtaking Carolyn's mother, Chaya is! (if I do say so muhself! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 12612). She'll be aging up to an elder soon, but I bet she's just as striking.

I think I'm going to have to offer her up for a future download here (as an adult of course).

Well...whaddya think?

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Chaya2
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 12:26 am

I think she's gorgeous! I bet she ages beautifully. You should definitely offer her as a download. I love her lips!
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 11:55 am

Astral Faery wrote:
I think she's gorgeous! I bet she ages beautifully. You should definitely offer her as a download. I love her lips!

Thanks hon! I will share her in the future, and I will certainly post her photo when she ages.

Well my dear, it's time for another update. Trying to keep this story moving along with these colossal installments! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 97206 Not much longer to go....but a whole lot more drama! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 12612

[Can you dim the lights there for me please, Ari?] Here goes....

---

Kyle was in bed when Carolyn entered their room.

Without turning on the lights, she went into the bathroom, took a warm shower, and pulled on one of his old shirts. She slipped quietly back into the bedroom and slid into the big bed.

He moved closer reaching to pull her to him.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Aftera
"How's Maya?" He mumbled into her hair.

"She's a rock," she said hoarsely. "She's just incredible."

"Yes, she is," he said softly.

He kissed her then - a bit roughly Carolyn thought - and then suddenly he let her go and rolled away onto his back.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Afterb
"Kyle?" She laid her hand on his chest.

"I need time," he said quietly.

She could feel his heart beating rapidly under her hand. "Of course," she said, and her voice shook. She rolled away, turning her back to her husband.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Afterc
"I totally deserve to be alone for the rest of my life, for what I've done," she told herself.

But in the early hours of the morning, she felt him move his body against hers, and wrap his long arms around her.

"I love you Cara," he said.

He fell asleep with his arms around her. She wept.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 After5

The next day she called Marco, but he didn't answer, so she left him a message. Maya had handled the revelation remarkably well, though there were tears and lots of questions, and she wanted to talk with him. Could she call?

The phone rang a minute later. "She wants to talk to me?" Marco asked

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 After6
"Yes."

"Is that okay with you?"

"Of course!"

She heard him exhale.

"Marco...I'm so sorry..."

"Is it okay if...if I see her?" He asked, cutting her off. "Maybe we can have lunch or something."

"Sure. I'll ask her to call you." Her voice cracked as she fought to hold back tears.

"Thank you." He cleared his throat.

"Marco..."

"I don't hate you," he said softly.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 After7
"Thank you," she said, catching her breath.

There was a long pause. She heard him breathing.

She stood up.

"I...have to go now. I'll let you know if she calls and what plans we make," he said.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 After8
"Thank you Marco."

"Ok."

"Bye," she said.

He was gone.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 After9

Marco was lying across his bed when his phone rang a short time later.

"Uncle Marco?"

"Maya!" His voice shook.

He sat up.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 After10
"I just wanted to check on you, you know, and make sure you were okay."

He smiled, and he felt as if a weight rolled off his shoulders. "I'm much better now," he said gently.

"So can I see you? I have like a million questions."

"Sure," he said. "Just don't ask about the crazy people on my Dad's side of the family."

She gasped, "You're kidding right?" She asked with a nervous giggle.

"Yeah," he answered with a chuckle. "I'm about as crazy as they get."

"Well that IS pretty crazy!" She laughed. "So when can I see you?"

He stretched back across the bed.

"I'm in the Harbour. I can come and get you in an hour or so. What say I make you my famous Fettucine Alfredo with shrimp and lemon chicken?"

"Sounds great...but my arteries are only thirteen, can yours handle all that cholesterol?"

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 After11
He burst out laughing, wincing as a stab of pain radiated from his bruised eye and broken nose, that now bore a Bandaid across its bridge. "I'll take my chances," he said, his heart soaring like it hadn't done in a long, long time.

---
Marco and Maya spent the afternoon in deep conversation about the D'Angelo family. Maya wanted to know everything he knew.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Sunday1
He showed her pictures of everybody (she knew some of his nieces and nephews through her best friend Charlie).

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Sunday2
She and Marco had always gotten along well, and that Sunday they developed a deeper bond, though for most of the day they didn't talk directly about the fact that he was actually her father.

Like Marco, Maya liked cars, art and music, she played tennis too (he was an avid tennis player) and like him, she had taken up kickboxing. They also both had a terribly silly sense of humour, and their mostly serious conversation that Sunday was laced with bouts of laughter.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Sunday4
Marco's heart was singing as he gazed at his daughter across the glass-topped dining table, happily slurping up her fettucini. She was beautiful. "I have a daughter!" He said to himself for the thousandth time that day.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Sunday5
She looked up at him, a few pieces of pasta dangling from her lips, nodding her approval, her eyes smiling at him.

"You like?" He asked.

She nodded again vigorously, swallowed, took a long slurp from her glass of water, and grinned at him.

"Delish, Uncle Marco!"

He beamed.

"So can I meet your brother Vinnie, and maybe your parents?" She asked.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Sunday8
His stomach flipped over.

"We'll have to ask your mom," he said gently.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_5b04225d_5b2be997
She nodded understandingly.

"Did you love her?" She asked, looking him straight in the eye. "When you made me, did you love her?"

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Sunday9
"Yes I did. Very much," he said, meeting her gaze.

Her eyes suddenly filled with tears, and she blinked rapidly.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Sunday10
"Oh Maya!" He reached for her hand. "I...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry!"

She quickly wiped at her face with her free hand. "I'm not sad. I'm just...um...feeling..." she searched for the word. "Emotional," she said finally, and the tears spilled down her cheeks.

He lept to his feet and in two strides was at her side, wrapping his arms around her.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Sunday11
He held her until she stopped crying, and then when he felt her gently stroking his hair he broke down, and that made her cry again, and so they sat like that for a long time, rocking each other until the tears finally stopped. He eventually pulled away, sitting back on his haunches, still holding her hand. He gave her a crooked smile.

"You're very handsome. I see what my mom saw in you," she said.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Sunday12
He smiled softly.

"Did you tell her you loved her?"

He took a deep breath and shook his head sadly.

"This kid is something else!" He thought to himself.

"Wow," she whispered.

"I was going to ask her to marry me," he said softly.

Her eyes opened wide.

He had never told a single soul. Not even Vinnie.

"Oh that's so romantic!" She croaked, her eyes filling with tears again. "What happened?"

He paused. Maybe he ought not to have started this conversation, but he couldn't stop now, his daughter's eyes were demanding an answer.

"Your..." he paused. "Your Dad wanted her back. She chose him," he said huskily.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Sunday13
"Oh you poor thing!" She threw her skinny arms around his neck and hugged him.

"That's how love is sometimes Maya," He said, his words muffled in her thick, unruly hair.

"I'm never going to fall in love!" She said.

"Yes you will," he said, pulling away from her, and touching her ebony hair. "And it will be wonderful," he said smiling at his daughter.

She sniffed. "Well if I fall in love with a boy, I'm going to tell him!"

"That's a pretty good idea," he said with a little grin. "Just make sure, you're sure, you're over sixteen and you have your mother's permission!"

She threw back her head and laughed.

"You're all right Uncle Marco!" She said, tousling his hair playfully. "Is it okay that I call you that? I mean, I've already got a Dad and all...unless you want to be 'pa' or something."

"Uncle Marco's fine," he said with a little smile, brushing a hair from her face. "My god, she looks like me," he thought, gazing at her.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Sunday14
"Yeah, I do look like you," she said, reading his mind.

He beamed.

"So, you going to get the nose fixed?" She asked.

"Naw. I think when the swelling goes down, it'll give my face character," he said smiling gently at his daughter.

Carolyn went to collect Maya at Marco's house that evening.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Sunday15
Her stomach was doing flips as the heavy iron gate slid aside for her to drive up the short driveway to the house. Marco and Maya were waiting on the front porch. Carolyn felt a flood of relief wash over her when she saw that they were all smiles.

"Hi Mom!" Maya said bounding down the steps as Carolyn approached. Marco was right behind her a warm, but hesitant smile on his face. She flinched when she saw his black eye and the bandaid across the bridge of his nose.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Sunday16
Maya flung her arms around her mother for a quick hug, planted a slobbery kiss on her cheek and with a wink danced off towards the car, sticking her Ipod headphones into her ears.

Carolyn and Marco stood face to face.

"She quite a kid," he said with an amused smile.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Sunday17
Carolyn smiled back. "Yes she is!"

"You're a great mother."

"Thank you," she said smiling softly. "Marco...I...I...am so sorry."

He nodded.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Sunday18
"I'm struggling with a lot of emotions here," he said glancing away.

Then he looked back at her. "But I do know that you are sorry," he said holding her gaze.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Sunday19
"I don't want to lose you...in our lives," she said her voice almost a whisper.

He smiled gently and looked over at their daughter dancing happily around Carolyn's car.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Sunday20
"You'll never lose me."

Carolyn felt a rush of tears flood her eyes.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Sunday21
"I...I'm sorry," she said wiping her face quickly. "It's been a pretty rough weekend."

He reached for her but dropped his hand before his fingers touched her arm. "I understand," he said gently.

"I just need a bit of time. But..." he paused. "We'll be okay Garcia," he said smiling tenderly, and making the tears spring to her eyes again.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Sunday22
"I gotta get outta here, before I make you drown," she said with a little laugh, brushing at the tears.

He broke into a smile.

"I'd like to see Maya whenever she wants to see me...if that's okay with you...and Kyle."

"Of course," she said. "She'll be around for the summer. She's signed up for tennis camp and acting classes, so she'll be in the city driving me crazy. Feel free to borrow her anytime," she said with a little smile.

He smiled back, and Carolyn was rocked to feel her heart flip over.

"Oh, what is this?" She said to herself. She thought she had gotten those reactions to Marco under control a long time ago.

"Well, I've got to get that young lady home. Tennis camp starts tomorrow."

"Thank you again," he said smiling. "Bye Maya!" He called over Carolyn's shoulder.

"Bye Uncle Marco," she called, waving vigorously.

She scrambled into the passenger side of the car, as Carolyn slid behind the wheel. They both waved to Marco as he stood at the bottom of the stairs, the evening breeze gently ruffling his hair.

Carolyn's heart did another little flip.

"He smells of peaches," Maya said as they drove away.

Carolyn smiled.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Sunday23

TEASER FROM THE NEXT INSTALLMENT

"Can you be happy with just one woman Kyle?" The therapist asked him.

"Of course! Cara's all I need."

"Carolyn, are you prepared to give this one more chance?"

She didn't respond right away. Kyle was staring at her, his face twisted in anguish.

Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 2:48 pm

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 461171

He is the perfect father.
They are so sweet together Marco and Maya.

Waiting for more!
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:21 am

I love how you bring back old details, like the scar and broken nose, and smells of peaces. It's perfect!

Quote :
She sniffed. "Well if I fall in love with a boy, I'm going to tell him!"

Good! Smart girl, Maya!

Quote :
"Can you be happy with just one woman Kyle?"The therapist asked him.

I'm glad to hear he's going to a therapist. Maybe if he gets help for this sex addiction he seems to have, they can improve their marriage . . . of course, that's if Carolyn wants to.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 302407
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:51 am

This was a beautiful chapter. Full of raw emotion and healing. I was very happy to see that they're all not simply ok with the situation and are making the best of it - that would be too easy. It was nice to see them all struggle with emotions. I loved the the broken nose thing, too, how you kinda go back there every once in awhile. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 12612

I liked when Marco said, "I don't hate you." to Carolyn - he knew what she needed and he gave it to her, but that doesn't mean things are necessarily ok - they're just a step closer to being ok. It will probably take a long time to ever really be ok - and other people are eventually going to have to find out. The whole town will be rocked.

Awesome natural dialogue and realistic thought patterns - and I love they way you're weaving this whole thing together - Ima lovin' your story, missy! Keep up the good work, and I'll be looking forward to the next installment.
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:33 pm

*puddle*
Oh see that is why I am in love with Marco....he is just so sweet and caring.
Yeah he messed up earlier but he learned from his mistakes.

I am even developing a soft spot for Kyle (I still don't like his dirty dog ways but he does have his child's best interest at heart)

I concur with everyone else, you are weaving a wonderful story my friend and I cannot wait until the next installment so HURRY UP! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 99672

Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 6:12 pm

Hi guys!!!! Thanks as always for your wonderful comments. I know I keep saying it, but I so love how emotionally involved you all have gotten in this tale. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 461171 Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 122582

Marco is (as we all know) a daahling! And a hottie too! droolin

Jen, Oh Jen...a soft spot for Kyle eh? *cough* Well...we'll see how long that lasts. :muahaha:

And now.....another mega installment! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 912276 dancintrio Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 912276

PLEASE NOTE: An expletive is bleeped out of a conversation in the following narrative...represented instead by symbols. Believe me...it was absolutely necessary! And hey, it's not me sayin' the bad word man! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 85797 laughin

---
A few night's after the bombshell Carolyn and Kyle sat down with his parents and her parents. Her parents already knew some of the story. She had confided in her mother after Maya was born that the baby was not Kyle's, but she had never told her who the father was. Her mother later told her father.

That night with the children off at sleepovers with friends, Carolyn and Kyle shared the full story.

There were lots of tears, but Kyle was at Carolyn's side the whole time, his arm around her, making his support and love clear.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_bb2e1f02
The next few weeks were emotionally tumultuous for Carolyn. She and Kyle had settled into some semblance of married life.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_bb1e554b
His moods swung from being angry with her to being overly attentive...even clingy.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_9b1e5c6c

Carolyn tried hard to put on a brave face for Maya while she worked to pretend to the other children that everything was fine, running around tending to them and their friends. [This was a really hard shot to take...I was trying to capture the mayhem of the household]

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_7b2f4428
But she was exhausted, and spent many a morning while the kids were at some activity, curled up on the couch in her parents' bedroom.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_1b2dbc02
In July her parents gathered up the two younger children, Joel and Caitlin and a few other grandchildren and hauled them off to their home in the Caribbean for the rest of the summer. Maya who was enrolled in tennis camp and an acting class stayed in the Harbour with her parents.

Carolyn booked a slew of appointments with a counselor for herself, Maya and Kyle.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_fb2ea631
They had solo sessions and family sessions and laid a lot of stuff on the table.

As the summer drew to a close, she and Kyle began attending couples counseling, which regularly descended into arguments about her suspicions of his infidelity.

"Do you want to work this out?" The therapist said in apparent exasperation one afternoon.

Carolyn looked up at the ceiling, and Kyle looked at the floor.

"I love her," Kyle said simply. "I've never loved any other woman."

Carolyn's eyes filled with tears.

"Then why do you hurt her by being with other women?" The therapist asked him.

He stared at the therapist. Other than the magazine editor, Debra Kramer he had never admitted that there were other women. "I don't need other women" he muttered, running his fingers through his hair.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_9b2eaf69

"Do you want an open marriage?" The therapist asked him as casually as if she was offering him a cup of coffee.

Kyle gasped.

"An open marriage?"

"Yes. One where you're both free to see other people."

Carolyn turned to Kyle and smiled.

Kyle looked from her to the therapist incredulously. "I know what an open marriage is! And no...I do not want one!"

"Can you be happy with just one woman Kyle?" The therapist asked him.

"Of course! Cara's all I need."

"Carolyn, are you prepared to give this one more chance?"

She didn't respond right away. Kyle was staring at her, his face twisted in anguish.

Finally she said, "One more chance."

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_bb2eb023
"This can only work if you both agree to start afresh from today. You have to put the past behind you. You need to spend some time alone together and remember what you love about each other. Can you do that?"

They both nodded.

Maya went to stay with Brandon and Margot Harrelson and Carolyn and Kyle flew to Borneo, where they stayed in a small, isolated beach house. Kyle was incredibly romantic.

[Don't they look great with their tans?! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 12612]

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_1a5b421f_5b2dfb51
They talked, swam, went for long walks, lay on the beach and talked some more.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_1a5b421f_db2dfeed
She was no longer in love with her husband, but she did care for him...They had a lot in common, and he was a good father.

"One more chance," Carolyn told herself. "For the sake of the children."

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_1a5b421f_1b2e00f7

The next year flew by. The family settled into a comfortable routine. She knew Kyle was trying. He was being mostly attentive but he still had moments when he would be irritable for no apparent reason.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_db2dc0c4
Carolyn let it slide.

"You make your bed, you lie in it," she told herself.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_bb2f4775
The kids were growing fast, and had less and less time for their parents.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_bb2f4e07

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_1b2f54ba-1
Maya and Marco were in almost daily contact and they got together a couple of times a month. At Maya's request, she had met his parents and grandmother and Vinnie. They loved her!

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_5b04225d_bb2f9024
Our Vinnie is looking well, don't ya think? droolin

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_5b04225d_3b2f9061
It was difficult for Marco to go out in public without being swarmed by fans, so they usually hung out at his place or at his parents with a bunch of his nieces and nephews and Joel and Caitlin too. That's his hunky dad sitting on the far left in the blue trunks.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_5b04225d_fb2f9fa0-1
Gratuitous shot of Marco, just 'cause! sunny

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_5b04225d_db2f9e92-1
Once in a while he took them all out to see a classic movie at the sleepy retro cinema in the old part of the city, complete with a video arcade. The kids thought hanging with Uncle Marco was a blast!

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_9b2f797f_bb2f7981

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_9b2f797f_5b2f7e63-1

He and Carolyn communicated fairly regularly though not nearly as often as before, mostly connecting via email and text and once in a while chatting for a few minutes on the phone...and as before they spoke about the kids and work.

Later that year, Carolyn accepted an offer to do a movie with renowned director Ivan Stovic (Andre and Ophelia's dad) starring opposite Clayton Benoit (Cassie and Maxine's dad).

It was a tragic love story of a May-December romance. She was thrilled to get the call to do a screen test with Clayton, and was ecstatic when her agent rang to say that they wanted her for the role! Her heart was doing somersaults when she hung up, and she immediately dialed Marco's number to tell him. Before it rang she clicked off.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_5b320688
"What am I doing?" she thought to herself. She looked at the phone and dialed Kyle's mobile number. "First you tell your husband, then your mother," she told herself sternly.

Filming began in the Caribbean in the new year. Kyle was to visit in a couple of weeks. He had always been testy about her doing love scenes and liked to be visible. "Come ooon, Kyle...it's Clayton Benoit! He's like an uncle," she said to her pouting husband.

It amazed her that a man like him could be so territorial.

"Still...we can't have you down in the islands roaming around looking all hot and everything," he said pulling her to him.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_db2eb2fd

After the Caribbean, filming moved to New York. A bit closer to home, Carolyn flew home every time she had a few days off. A week before they wrapped, Ivan Stovic decided to re-shoot some scenes that Carolyn was not going to be in. It'd take a couple of days. On a whim, she decided to catch the red-eye to Christophe Harbour. She knew the kids were spending the weekend with her parents, but she would go and pick them up in the morning.

Kyle's cars were in the garage and there was a car in the car port that she didn't recognize.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_5b2eb94b
She felt a chill come over her body.

Carolyn entered the house, and headed for the living room. It was empty. So was the den. The blood felt icy in her veins as she walked down the corridor towards the double doors of the bedroom she shared with her husband.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_1b2ede83-1
It is one thing to know your husband has cheated on you or to see pictures of him with another woman pawing him, but it is an indescribable experience to see your husband making love to another woman.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_7b1e45ae
"You know, $%&*ing another woman in your wife's bed is very tacky," she said from the doorway.

Carolyn had never uttered a curse word in her life. It felt good.

Last edited by ilikefishfood on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 8:32 pm

TEASER FROM A FUTURE INSTALLMENT

They never spoke about his personal life. But she was relaxed and her guard was down and they were completely alone - which they rarely ever were - and the question just tumbled out of her mouth.

His smile faded, and he held her gaze for what seemed like an eternity. Her heart started to pick up speed as she wondered if she had made a misstep in their carefully choreographed friendship.

Last edited by ilikefishfood on Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:28 pm

I felt that icy chill, too. I just knew it. OMG. I just knew - I wanted to believe he could change, I was starting to develop an affection for him, too, because he showed a little of his worth. But...he blew it again. Carolyn needs to keep her word about the 'one more chance' and leave - but for good this time. The kids are older, they will be fine, and it's time Carolyn stopped letting Kyle use her. No man should be allowed to have his cake and eat it, too, and he's just a user. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 971462 He's been doing this to her for what, 15 years now? More? Enough is enough. She admitted it to herself - she's no longer in love with him. So there's absolutely no reason to go back to him again.

Great chapter, hon, and beautiful shots. Your chaotic pic of the home looked very much that - very very busy! Nice job. I love you
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:25 am

OMG!! Oooh he infuriates me to no end., What a piece of crap!!! UGH!!!

I agree with Ari, she gave him one more chance for the sake of the kids, so I hope she finally kicks his sorry butt to the curb and pronto too.
I would make him leave with what clothes he did or did not have on either.

Jeez, I knew he was a low down dirty dog but this well, it is just hitting below the belt for sure.

Great storytelling sweetie and your screenshots are fabulous as always!!!
Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:39 am

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 357604

He is a user I agree with Ari, how many chances does he need is she totally blind?
Kick him out, Kick him out!!! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 637989

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 42344
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 10:48 am

So much for therapy... I can understand wanting to give it another chance when you're married and have kids, but Kyle wasn't even trying to change, was he? He's not being honest at all, probably not even with himself. It sounds like she was kind of being a doormat trying to make things work, while he was being a moody, territorial jerk and doing nothing to try to make things better. Let's hope now that she's seen it with her own eyes and that image is burned into her brain that she'll really make it the last time this time. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 266736 If not, I'm going to be done caring about either of them anymore. (I always think that, but somehow Toni always makes me care again. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 128862 )

Can't wait to see what happens next!
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:07 am

Carolyn clearly needs friends like you guys to have talked some sense into her! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 12612

I think her behaviour is due to a combination of things...all the stuff we've discussed before...then let's not forget the pressure of the parents who've been married happily for forty years and also her living in the public eye and knowing people are undoubtedly taking bets on your happiness.

For what it's worth, due to the recent mega installments, it may've seemed like all of this happened over a short period of time. In fact, from her initial kicking him out when she found out about his affair with the magazine editor to this horrific situation...there's been a time span of about three plus years.

Maya was eleven back then...of course he schmoozed his way back into the house a couple months later. But then another year or so passed before the 'baby-daddy' bombshell. Then their couples therapy followed that, which led to the Borneo trip. It was a year after that that she took the role on the movie and was spending time out of town...to come home and find THIS!!!!

---

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_7b1e45ae
Kyle lept off the woman (Carolyn recognized her as the wife of one of his poker buddies) tugging at a piece of clothing to wrap around his waist. The woman (Carolyn seemed to remember that her name was Rhonda) calmly covered herself with one of Carolyn's new feather pillows.

"Oh god!" Kyle said his face twisted in horror. His skin was slick with sweat.

"No. I'm not god. I'm your wife."

"Carolyn..." his voice trailed off.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_9b1e4bf9-1
"There's really absolutely nothing to be said here," she said, her voice steady, belying the torrent of emotions that was coursing through her body.

"I'll be staying at my parents with the kids this weekend. They will continue to stay there until I get back on Thursday. When I do, you will have moved out," she said looking him straight in his tear-filled eyes.

"Oh, and take the bed and all that bedding with you when you leave," she said over shoulder as she glided out of the room.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_1b1e4d55-1

Kyle showed up at her parent's house the next morning after she had ignored his calls all night. Her mother had taken the kids to the state fair in the nearby town of Blue Water. By time he arrived, Carolyn had already called her cousin Stara, the top divorce attorney in Simmiewood.

Her father led Kyle to his study and then instructed Carolyn to go and talk to him. "Get it over with honey. Tell him you've filed for divorce. I'll be right outside."

She nodded teary-eyed as her gave her a long hug.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_bb2ee655
"Divorce." The words rang in Carolyn's ears as she stepped into the study. "Just another failed Simmiewood marriage," she thought to herself.

Kyle apologized again and asked her to forgive him again and give him another chance again. She saw the resignation in his shoulders even as he made his pitch. He knew they had reached the end of the road.

He looked at her, his eyes brimming with tears. "I don't know why I do it Cara. I...I...maybe I need help...or something."

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_5b2eeeaa
She looked at him, her eyes dry. All she felt was pity and sadness, not for herself but for the man who sat in front of her. The first man she had ever loved, the man whose bed she had shared for the past fifteen years...the man who she had stopped loving a long time ago.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_1b323bfd
"It's over Kyle. I have nothing left to give you."

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_db2eef71
He cried and apologized again. He didn't blame her. He was a horrible person. He would love her forever.

They would need to talk with the children when she got back. She would be in touch she said.

Carolyn knew the news would be all over the tabloids the day after she got back. She had had her publicist issue a joint statement from her and Kyle as soon as she stepped into the house the following week. They had decided to end their fifteen year marriage. It was a mutual decision. They continued to support each other in their future endeavors, and they would share custody of the children. They would appreciate being given some privacy as their family adjusted.

The bed was still there, though the sheets had been changed. She put her stuff in the guestroom, called Kyle (he answered after the first ring) and told him to be at the house in an hour. Changing into flats, she left the house to pick up the kids.

Gathered in the den an hour later, they had to tell their children that Mommy and Daddy had decided not to be married to each other anymore. No, this time they would not be getting back together. But they still cared about each other very much, and they loved them more than anything in the world.

They took it worse than they had three years before when she and Kyle had briefly separated. Perhaps because they were older, or perhaps it was because they made it clear that they would be no attempts at reconciliation.

Caitlin cried. "Does this mean you'll stop living with us Daddy?" she sniffled.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_5b373ff6
"Yes honey, but I'll be here lots and lots and you can come and stay with me sometimes, and we can talk on the phone every single day." He hugged her tightly, the tears streaming down his face.

Maya and Joel were teary eyed, but didn't say much. Carolyn knew they had probably heard the gossip.

"Where will you live?" Maya asked, staring down at her hands.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_7b3742c6
"I...I'm actually staying with my dad now," Kyle said, clearing his throat. His mother had died the year before after a long battle with breast cancer. Brandon Harrelson still lived in the old family house on Bastille Street where Kyle had grown up.

"But I'm going to buy a place in the Harbour. You can help me house hunt, and decorate and all that," he said with a teary smile, trying to sound cheerful.

Maya nodded. Joel looked out the big window of the den that overlooked the pool. He was crying.

Carolyn felt tears slide down her cheeks. It tore her into pieces to see her children in pain.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_bb374377

"Is this because of me?" Maya asked Carolyn that night when she made her usual rounds to tuck in the children.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_bb2d8658
"No! Oh no Maya!" She cried leaning over to embrace her.

She pulled away and looked at her daughter her face circled in a cloud of dark hair. Her smokey blue-grey eyes looked black in the light of the lamp on her bedside table.

"If anything, you kept us together a bit longer," she said softly.

Maya blinked away tears. "Yeah. I figured it was only a matter of time."

"I"m so sorry to put you through all this sweetie."

"You tried mom. Lord knows you tried," Maya said brushing a tear from Carolyn's cheek.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_9b2d8521
Caitlin slept with her in the guest room.

Then Joel started coming in in the wee hours of the morning and crawling into bed with them.

Carolyn woke up a few days later with all three of her children in the bed with her, and her heart lifted.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_3b32139f-1

"Who needs men?" She said to herself with a little smile.
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:35 am

Carolyn and Kyle's dads. Last chance to ogle before they age...though I suspect they're still gonna be pretty delish! droolin

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Snapshot_daffa2c4_3b2e1f35
Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Aw I like that pic with Carolyn and the kids in the same bed.

And Kyle Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 85797 :nannybooboo:

Love the dad´s picture . Carolyn´s dad rocks in those glasses!

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 461171
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:00 pm

Quote :
and also her living in the public eye and knowing people are undoubtedly taking bets on your happiness

I did think of that as a reason for her not to be so forthcoming with Maya's paternity. Just think what the media would say if they split up so soon after they were married and pregnant, especially when her show was so popular?

Quote :
it may've seemed like all of this happened over a short period of time. In fact, from her initial kicking him out when she found out about his affair with the magazine editor to this horrific situation...there's been a time span of about three plus years.

I think you portrayed that well. You kind of mentioned the amount of time that had passed and how much the kids had grown up. I followed it. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 940149

Quote :
He looked at her, his eyes brimming with tears. "I don't know why I do it Cara. I...I...maybe I need help...or something."

Dude, it's a little late for that now don't you think? Maybe if you'd thought that and done something about it before now you could have saved your marriage. You have 15+ years to shape up and you didn't do it. Kinda late.

Very sad, very real installment. It's always sad to see a marriage and a family split up.

Quote :
Carolyn and Kyle's dads. Last chance to ogle before they age...though I suspect they're still gonna be pretty delish!

They're a couple of pretty hot grandfathers! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 128862 It will be neat to see how they age.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Life in Christophe Harbour
Page 24 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 33  Next