Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Life in Christophe Harbour

Go down 
+14
SandySimmer
butterflyunion
clc
mac
Grykon
Caleb_71
Hunter
Ullwera
soloaris
WittyKitty
Sugah
Astral Faery
autumnelle
AdriannaSimmie
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
AuthorMessage
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 5:44 pm

Toni ha,ha, no, I didn't leave that message :) But I do love your story.

Yes, pc needed a new motherboard this time, and the graphics issue was fixed, thank goodness!! I'm slowly building my game families and neighborhoods again, phew!
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Oh I'm so so pleased you got your puter sorted out!!! dancintrio 

I know it's rough to have to start creating your hood aaaalll over again. Been there!  But you know, you can look at it as an opportunity to make it even better!  

As you start over, I'd highly recommend a read of THIS most useful article by Miros, on how to avoid common pitfalls that lead to game glitchiness.

I'd also like to highly recommend B.O.'s NO SIM LOADED mod, which on entering a lot, quietly zaps all sorts of problem-causing Maxis weirdness like, trashed Controllers, broken or expired Pregnancy Controllers, Lost Fishing Spots and stuck Move-outs, Fridge-tiles, kickybags and poo-bags; Attraction Markers, denied Rumours, Invisible Sims and Frozen Visitor Motives.

Go forth and conquer! pirateparrot
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 8:42 am

Toni Thanks! And thanks for those links! Very helpful! I love you 
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 9:50 pm

SandySimmer wrote:
Toni  Thanks! And thanks for those links! Very helpful! I love you 
Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 302391 Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 12612 
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 10:27 pm

Lady T wrote:
I'd also like to highly recommend B.O.'s NO SIM LOADED mod, which on entering a lot, quietly zaps all sorts of problem-causing Maxis weirdness like, trashed Controllers, broken or expired Pregnancy Controllers, Lost Fishing Spots and stuck Move-outs, Fridge-tiles, kickybags and poo-bags; Attraction Markers, denied Rumours, Invisible Sims and Frozen Visitor Motives.
WOW! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 21650 

I've never heard of No Sim Loaded, Toni.

ThankUforSharing 
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 11:13 pm

I just installed that today! So far so good, it did reset all of my families though lol...You know, like when you install a new EP. I usually "save" my families after they go to bed at night, out of habit really. But there was one family that I saved after they went to work and school and when I loaded them I got the pop up, Dad missed work and child missed school, they were standing in the hall all together lol
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 12:21 pm

Interesting, Sandy. I'm glad not TOO much was lost with your family.

DO keep me posted as to what you think of the mod as you continue to play.
I am not one to put many hacks or mods in my game, but a mod that 'quietly zaps all sorts of problem-causing Maxis weirdness' DOES seem highly beneficial! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 940149

ThankUforSharing 

Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 5:23 pm

Sandy and Sugah, Mac has posted some feedback on this mods.  You'll find his take HERE.

Sandy, I don't recall the NoSimLoaded causing a reset when first installed.  I can't remember that far back.  But if it's happening each time, I think you may have some sort of conflict with something else.  Is it happening every time?
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 11:08 pm

Toni No, just the first time I go to the family. When I go back to them after that everything is fine!
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 1:21 am

Awesome!

By the way....I also try to save when my simmies are sleeping and wake up time is approaching! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 12612 
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 4:17 pm

I've noticed (at least once, anyway) Rolling Eyes That the time of day when the day flips to the next might be affected. Usually it's always been in the middle of the night or in the early AM. With the current family I'm playing, it seems to happen in the middle of the afternoon. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 553217 I also try to save at night, but also save - just to be safe - when I have to suspend play for a while. (And sometimes Maikki's 'overnight'  Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 214265  doesn't match that of my sims family... Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 971462 )
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 2:48 pm

I tend to save my game after my Sim(s) have accomplished something I'd hate for them to lose or after I've been playing/decorating for awhile.
I've never thought to save at a certain time of day or night ... or when my Sims are cuttin' zzzzzs.  Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 465755 
Interesting!

ThankUforSharing
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 4:43 pm

I've finally finished tweaking my Spanish farmhouse and winery that I'll be offering here for this weekend's update (Nov 23rd) and was dying to give my thread dwellers a sneak peek.  

Whaddya think?

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 D9HDBpK

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 XhtK3wW

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 XXxBkpM
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 5:00 pm

Looks like "vintage" Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 97206 Toni at work! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 28795 (Of course, given the PG-13 orientation of the sims, the grapes are for "juice", right? laughin )
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 6:30 pm

Yes, yes...for grape juice and jelly! laughin 

But you know, there's no drinking age in most Caribbean countries, and it was 16 in Spain up until a handful of years ago, so....sunny 

So pleased you like what you've seen so far. I've been working on it for aaaages! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 711747 
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 6:25 am

ilikefishfood wrote:
Yes, yes...for grape juice and jelly! laughin  
Could it be the kind of grape juice that "makes the nice lady all giggly"Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 7255 ???
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:54 am

mac wrote:
Could it be the kind of grape juice that "makes the nice lady all giggly"Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 7255 ???
Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 99672 Yeeees.....sunny 

The 'Grape' farm is now posted. You can check it out HERE.
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 7:04 pm

Toni Do you have any plans to update the Harbour for your fans? Will there be a Book III? Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 508493 
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 11:02 am

I still have quite a bit of Book II to share (not counting the chapters I have to re-post)...but I must say, the next gen is pretty interesting, and certainly worth of a Book III, so there's a good possibility!  sunny 
Back to top Go down
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 7:23 pm

I hope you continue with your story whenever you get a moment. I'm missing it terribly!  Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 729422 
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 7:35 pm

Keeping my fingers crossed for a continuation someday  Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 912276 
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 2:08 pm

Oh my stars. I have no adequate words. You are an amazing storyteller, decorator, simmie creator -- you name it. I very much enjoyed reading Book 1, and have bookmarked where to find Book 2.

I'm almost ashamed to go back to my own game (when I get my computer back, that is).  My simmies' lives tend to be so perfect and boring most of the time.  Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 598258 My pictures are pathetic, my homes lacking in clutter.

I don't have the courage to go messing around with SimPE too much. You, on the other hand, are a wizard with it.

I may have a million questions for you at some point; where do you want 'em?  Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 99672 
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 6:04 am

Thank you soooo much ladies!  Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 367799 I love that there're folks out there still loving my wee tale.  I confess that I slowed down on writing about a year ago when I started being wooed by a certain member of this forum who was at the time half way across the world.  We spent aaalll of our spare time on Skype, and between that work, creating for Sugah's and of course, still squeezing in time to play....well, something had to give, and unfortunately it was writing and taking pictures.

However, the good news is that that certain someone moved all the way to the Caribbean to be with me, and we're now married!   dancintrio 

Being married to a fellow simmer by the way, is awesome!  We have our computers alongside each other in front of the living room couch, our coffee table is a foot rest and we sim happily with our kitty curled up next to us.  Bliss!  blinkinhearts 

As it happens, he's a big fan of the story too...and now that he's about to start working and we're settling into a comfortable married-people routine, I've committed to returning to story telling.  I actually have a few chapters already written in advance and some pictures taken, it's just to take a few more and then sort.  I take dozens for every one I use!

Also, a few months ago when a slew of sites in the community was hacked, my LJ was one that got hit...and the hacker deleted about 20 chapters of the 40+ I'd posted...so first I've got to repost.  Fortunately the chapters are all saved and the pictures uploaded to Photobucket already and all that, so it's really just a copy and paste exercise.  I'm working on a couple of lots for next weekend's contribution here at Sugah's, and then I'll spend a couple of evenings reposting.

Jean, you'd have already read those, but soon I'll get to the new stuff.

The good news is I'm still playing the families in the story (and their friends and relatives), and because I play in rotation so everything is in chronological order, I play very very slowly...so I'm not too much further ahead than where my posted story is.

I'll alert you guys when I start posting again.  In the meantime.... ThankUHearts 

Cher64, you've got me blushing like a teenager with your kind words.   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 243713 

I'm sure your game is lovely  Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 12612 But whenever you're lookin' for addtitional tips, advice, 'how tos,' just bring ooooooon the questions!  laughin You can post right here.  

I think sharing my story (as I mentioned, I do actually play these families) has actually made me a more meticulous decorator.  If you look at my piccies at the start of the tale, and how they look at the end you'll see I got more into clutter.

Aaaah Clutter....beautiful clutter, it is the key to realism in any game, if you're going for aesthetics.  A well placed pile of books, a TV remote, a cup of tea on a bedside table...are a huge part of fleshing out a simmie's character.  I also like to use some pieces that're recolored to look aged.  Again, it adds that touch of realism.  Look!  I'm doling ' out the tips already!  Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 99672 

By they way, there are now easier ways to make simmies related, and even give them memories than SimPe.  I kid you not!  What're you interested in doing?

Anyhow....time to start getting ready for work.  Ladies, I can't thank you enough for your generous words.  I feel all inspired again!
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 3:56 pm

A teaser about my next project, due to be put up for offering here at Sugah's this month.

It is after all springtime in many parts of the world, and springtime means Spring Break. I figure this'll come in handy...

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 AXoBv6R

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 Oy8dvKq
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 5:15 pm

And just who might the J C Armstrong International Airport be named after??? Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 97206

Just as long as the Christoph Harbour flying experience is better than RL! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 971462
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

Life in Christophe Harbour
Page 32 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next