Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Text size versus screen resolution...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grykon

Grykon

Text size versus screen resolution... Empty
PostSubject: Text size versus screen resolution...   Text size versus screen resolution... EmptyThu Dec 20, 2018 7:10 pm

So the wife decided tonight to launch the game...

First problem of course is screen resolution, so I look up the instructions again and walk her through the changes so she can have her 1920x1080...

Then after getting the resolution set right in the game, she's complaining she can't read the text because it is so small...*face palm*

So does anyone know of a way to increase text size without changing screen resolution?

Thank you for your time!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Text size versus screen resolution...   Text size versus screen resolution... EmptyFri Dec 21, 2018 11:25 am

I'm using Windows 7 and I don't know what you use. I went to Control Panel > Display. There I can theoretically change the size of text and icons to Medium (125%) or Larger (150%). If I select Larger, I'm told everything might not be visible on my screen at the current resolution. I didn't actually change anything to test it because when I click on Apply, it tells me I must log off my computer to apply the changes.

Hopefully you can do the same on your computer.
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Text size versus screen resolution...   Text size versus screen resolution... EmptyFri Dec 21, 2018 1:01 pm

Thanks Cher...Did that help with in game stuff? That's what she is complaining about tool tips and stuff being so small at 1920 x 1080.
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Text size versus screen resolution...   Text size versus screen resolution... EmptySat Dec 22, 2018 11:23 am

I don't know; I have mine on the default text size. I didn't actually change mine when I was checking it out because I didn't want to close everything up and log out. Mom has hers at medium and loves it, but she doesn't play games.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Text size versus screen resolution...   Text size versus screen resolution... EmptyFri Jul 26, 2019 8:22 am

I'm really late to this, but I also play with the same custom screen size, and yes, the letters are teeny. I have to wear glasses when I play to see them. Text size versus screen resolution... 827319
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Text size versus screen resolution...   Text size versus screen resolution... EmptyFri Jul 26, 2019 2:01 pm

Yea, if we can ever get her to stay out of the hospital long enough, and get her on our handicap bus program, we need to get her to the eye doc and get new glasses for her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Text size versus screen resolution...   Text size versus screen resolution... Empty

Back to top Go down

Text size versus screen resolution...
Page 1 of 1