Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Sugah's Sim Antics

Go down 
+20
mac
Cher64
Aaroneous
maikkij
twerplina
Grykon
butterflyunion
beckylynn2109
ilikefishfood
bdhfsbp23
Pierre
clc
Ullwera
CallyDreaming
AdriannaSimmie
Hunter
Nonni
Caleb_71
soloaris
autumnelle
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
mac

mac

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 7:10 pm

Sugah wrote:
Our youngest daughter does that for a living!

So has she done any 500 pound gorillas???  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 99672
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 10:14 pm

Sugah wrote:
I hope you got a good price on the guide?  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 266736 

I did. I belong to an online book exchange site. I list books I'm done reading and, when someone requests the book, I pay to mail it. It's media mail, so books cost $2-4 to mail. Then I get credits to use on books I want and that's how I ordered the Prima Guide. Hard to beat that!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 5:29 pm

Excellent deal, Cher!  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 687310 

I found a (used) Sims 2 Happy Holiday Stuff (FINALLY, as I've been searching for years) in a Half Price Books this weekend.
It was $4.99, but I had $2.35 remaining on a g/c, so it cost me only $2.64 plus tax! WOOT!!!
Gotta love a good deal, right?  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 7255 
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Sugah wrote:
How cool that Chase likes to create cats, Em! Baylee does, too.
She couldn't believe I didn't have Pets installed in my old puter game and kept insisting I SHOULD!

Why, of course you should! Chase is all about cats. He wants a RL cat so bad. My parents are thinking of getting a dog to keep away pests like racoons and rabbits from the garden. He's always pushing the case and making an argument for a cat instead.  laughin 

Wow, pet careers are really lucrative!

I'm glad your run away cat came back. In one of my hoods a family's brand new dog ran away before anyone in the family even got to know him, because of a fire. So that would have been my guess. I've noticed in the past that pets will sometimes have negative interactions when another pet uses what they consider "their bed" or "their bowl." I don't remember though if both cats and dogs were territorial like that or just the dogs.

Cher wrote:
I play the same way, though I do have a mod or two that changes a bit about the money calculations. A sim moving out takes a share of the household cash instead of receiving a set amount. If it's not enough to buy a lot, too bad!

I play with that mod too. I really like having it because it makes more sense with the sims' household finances. I also have a mod that prevents sims fro getting a life insurance payment when another sim dies from old age. So they no longer inherit so much extra money from nowhere.

I think sharing info from the Prima Guides would be a good idea. I've never read any of the guides. Maybe I (and others) could learn somethings that we didn't know.

Sugah wrote:
And she seems to be a very good sport about Donovan's boots on her sandaled feet. OUCH! affraid

Yikes! If he's trying to play footsie with her, I don't think he's doing it right!
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 10:27 am

Sorry this reply is late Sugah. We just got back from a road trip to Seattle and Vancouver BC!! We had not been to either spot! Loved the places, the people and the sights along the way but I'm glad to be home!

That's great about Amazon. It's on my to do list now that we are back to order the Pets Prima guide! I love you 
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 11:27 am

No worries, Sandy! I am glad you had fun during your travels.
How nice that you could get away for awhile! Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 21650 
I am finding the Pets Prima Guide (like with all the others thus far) to be very helpful and informative.
I think you will feel the same. Hope you get a great deal!

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, Em! I am so glad you did!  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 817176 

Em wrote:
Chase is all about cats. He wants a RL cat so bad. My parents are thinking of getting a dog to keep away pests like racoons and rabbits from the garden. He's always pushing the case and making an argument for a cat instead.  

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 683951 

How cute that Chase has such an affection for cats!
He might enjoy my Maddie McMew of Tres Lagos and her band of merry (5) felines.  laughin 
Baylee's folks have two cats and a bulldog, btw.
I've never asked her whether she is a dog or a cat person. Will do so when she arrives in an hour!

Em wrote:
Wow, pet careers are really lucrative!

Aren't they? I had no idea! Senior Maddie has never needed to work.
Her 5 felines have supported her splendidly. She has a large bank account, if I am remembering correctly!  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 12612 

Quote :
In one of my hoods a family's brand new dog ran away before anyone in the family even got to know him, because of a fire. So that would have been my guess.

That may very well have been the case, Em.
Now I'm paranoid every time a fire breaks out in one of my pet owner's kitchens.
Even the best of cooks have an occasional fire when preparing food.  affraid 

Quote :
I've noticed in the past that pets will sometimes have negative interactions when another pet uses what they consider "their bed" or "their bowl." I don't remember though if both cats and dogs were territorial like that or just the dogs.

Hmmm...
Maybe there is something about this subject in the Pets Prima Guide.
At the McMew's residence, there are two bowls rather than five.
Perhaps that's one of the issues with some of the cats not getting along...
There are five beds, however.
Food for thought...

Em wrote:
I think sharing info from the Prima Guides would be a good idea. I've never read any of the guides. Maybe I (and others) could learn somethings that we didn't know.

I'm definitely considering it and am going to put it on my (ever growing) "to do" list, Em.
The guides are a plethora of good, useful information and fun tips.

Quote :
Yikes! If he's trying to play footsie with her, I don't think he's doing it right!

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 97206 

I know, right?

~*~

Okay, now back to our regularly scheduled program...

When last I left you, Elle's lovely Karyn Tatum * Thank you, Elleluv * and (her tentative new beau) Donovan Tremaine were getting along quite nicely over some Eggs Benedict (despite Donovan's boot crunching down on Karyn's bare toes  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 85797 ).
All it took was one cuddle and BOOM! They were crushin' on one another.

Another "meant to be" love story. Yaaay!  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 408427 

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 OneCuddleandBOOM-Crush_zpseee72317

Donovan is a CEO already, I believe. Spartacus is in the Pet Corps.
Next up, I'm wanting to see how Karyn's (boxer-terrier mix) JoJo and Donovan's (gorgeous dobie) Spartacus get along.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 266736 

The Tatum residence has recently had a landscaping upgrade, since she is now a Whale Tracker (I think???  Rolling Eyes ) and JoJo is in the Pet Corps (makin' the big bucks).

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 Tatum-HumbleAbode2_zps9ae4a712

The newest family in my Tres Lagos hood is ...

Lovely Evie (by Toni) * Thank you, Lady T * and her twin Eli Kavanagh
Their father is of Irish descent and their mom is African American.
They were both born under the sign of Aquarius (obviously, since they're twins  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 97206 ).
Evie is currently a Field Agent in Intelligence. Eli is a Swat Team Leader in Law Enforcement.

Kavanagh Twins: Evie and Eli

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 Evie-Eli_Kavanagh_zpsc82078eb

Evie's a real beauty, isn't she? I cloned her in CaS to create her brother Eli.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 12612 
But like a goober, I forgot to create a pet for them.

So, Evie called and adopted Sunny.
Awww! Look at this tiny, sweet little fur ball!

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 SunnyKavanagh_zps032282b9

From the beginning, Evie could hardly put the kitten down.
She absolutely adores Sunny.

And look how beautifully Sunny grew up!
Aren't her markings gorgeous? Look at her dark front boots!

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 BeautifulSunny_zps4c3b8e4a

Interesting discovery: I didn't know that Sim pets were disturbed by the TV when trying to sleep.

Though I have grown attached to Evie, I haven't been able to feel the same about Eli.
So, I've decided to pair him up with the very skilled townie, Marisa Bendett, who has 10 friends and is an MVP.

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 Eli-Marissa_IN-LOVE_zps70204003

They are already in love and soon, he'll propose and they'll move out into their own place.
Not sure how much I will play Eli, but I'll definitely make sure he and Marisa have a phone, so they can visit his twin and Sunny.

I have a certain someone in mind for the lovely Evie.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 738528 
Just downloaded Ulli's * Thank you, Ulli * Mr May, Benjamin, for her.
Could they be a match made in Sim heaven?
Is Benjamin a cat lover? Or do they make him sneeze?

Thank you so much to ALL of you who have spent time in my game antics thread and for all of your comments on my Tres Lagos Simfolk!
Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 2:25 pm

Benjamin is definitive a cat lover! Nope, no sneezing!

I love you 
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 4:45 pm

Sugah wrote:
BTW, I really like your new avvy, Cher! What precious pooches!!! Just beautiful!!!

Thank you. I love them dearly and this was a great picture from when they used to get along.

Sandy wrote:
We just got back from a road trip to Seattle and Vancouver BC!! We had not been to either spot! Loved the places, the people and the sights along the way but I'm glad to be home!

That sounds like a lovely trip, and you're definitely doing something right at home when you're happy to return there.

Sugah, the Tatum "Curb Appeal" makeover looks fantastic.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 940149 

The Kavanaugh twins are very attractive, and Sunny is darling. Even IRL, I think there's nothing cuter than a puppy or kitten.

Sugah wrote:
Interesting discovery: I didn't know that Sim pets were disturbed by the TV when trying to sleep.

I didn't know that, either. There's so much I don't know; I'm really going to have to hunt down more Prima Guides.

Do you remember where you downloaded the Eggs Benedict? I love Eggs Benedict and I'm sure my simmies will, too.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 12612
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:30 pm

Cher64 wrote:
Do you remember where you downloaded the Eggs Benedict? I love Eggs Benedict and I'm sure my simmies will, too.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 12612

Lurking in... I also like your doggies, and

you can find the Eggs Benedict here
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 12:54 am

Thanks Mac!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 6:33 pm

Ulli wrote:
Benjamin is definitive a cat lover! Nope, no sneezing!

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 21650 

Thanks for the heads up on that, Ulli.  girlwinkin 

Cher wrote:
Sugah, the Tatum "Curb Appeal" makeover looks fantastic.

Why, thank you, Cher!
Building, decorating and landscaping are not my strengths (by any stretch of the imagination).
I am in awe of the brilliant lots our Ulli and Toni create.
If only I had half their talent, I'd be in Sim Heaven!  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 12612 

Lady C wrote:
The Kavanagh twins are very attractive, and Sunny is darling.

All the credit goes to our own Toni (ilikefishfood) for the Kavanagh sibs.
I meant to get a full face image of the twins together, but could only capture profiles last time I played.

BTW, in addition to learning that pets are disturbed by the tv while trying to catch some zzzzzs...
I've also discovered Sim cats watch television!

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 Cat-tv_zpsc2e442c6

I hope to load up my game tonight, as I'm dying to see how Benjamin and Evie get along...  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 266736 

Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 11:04 pm

Quote :
How cute that Chase has such an affection for cats!
He might enjoy my Maddie McMew of Tres Lagos and her band of merry (5) felines. laughin

I'm not sure where his love of cats comes from. He hasn't been around cats (or dogs) that much. He did tell me one night as he was going to bed that he couldn't believe he was 6 years old and didn't have a cat yet and he'd better have one by the time he's 9. I'm sure he would enjoy Maddie and her cat family. He happened to look over my shoulder earlier when I scrolled past your picture of little Sunny in her basket and cooed "Aw, cute kitty!"

Did you find out if Baylee has a preference?  laughin  Chase asks me which I think are better cats or dogs. I've always been fond of cats myself, but I do like them both. I tell him, neither is better, they're just different.

Quote :
Hmmm...
Maybe there is something about this subject in the Pets Prima Guide.
At the McMew's residence, there are two bowls rather than five.
Perhaps that's one of the issues with some of the cats not getting along...
There are five beds, however.
Food for thought...

Do they always use the same beds though? Even though there's enough for one each, they might not always stick to their designated sleeping area and decide to nap in one of the pet beds that another animal has decided is theirs for whatever reason.

Karyn and Donovan make a really nice couple. I'm glad to see they're hitting it off.

Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 11:40 pm

Sugah wrote:
I've also discovered Sim cats watch television!

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 683951 

Em wrote:
Chase asks me which I think are better cats or dogs. I've always been fond of cats myself, but I do like them both. I tell him, neither is better, they're just different.

That's a good answer. There's no need to choose. I'm a dog person myself, probably mostly by nature but also because I'm allergic to cats. I can pet them and be around them outside and it doesn't bother me too much. Sometimes I can be around them in houses and it's not too bad, but other times I can barely breathe.  No
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 11:24 am

Em wrote:
...one night as he was going to bed that he couldn't believe he was 6 years old and didn't have a cat yet and he'd better have one by the time he's 9.

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 363286 

Hahaha! That's hilarious, Em! What a character your son is!  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 97206 

Em wrote:
Did you find out if Baylee has a preference?  

Yes, and she said it was a difficult question to answer, because she likes BOTH.
But her mom seems to think that she favors cats a bit more, as their black cat Maverick is her precious favorite.
And every time they visit friends or family members with critters, Baylee tends to gravitate towards the felines and doesn't have as much patience with the pooches (according to her mama).
My daughter #1 is def a cat person. Daughters #2 and #3 favor dogs.

Cher wrote:
and it's not too bad, but other times I can barely breathe.

I've known quite a few folks who suffer with cat allergies, Cher.
I don't envy you that!  No 

I've had both in my life.
Hubby and I are more 'dog people', but as you have said, Em, neither is BETTER, just different.
I agree with Cher. That WAS a good answer to give Chase, btw.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 12612 

Oh, and to answer your question, Em, I don't think each of Maddie's cats sleep in their own designated bed.
Have you ever seen that happen? Even Sims don't always gravitate to their assigned beds, let alone their pets!  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 774807 

Quote :
Karyn and Donovan make a really nice couple. I'm glad to see they're hitting it off.

They truly do and me, too! Thank you!

Speaking of couples...

I am not sure about Ulli's Benjamin and Toni's Evie connecting, now that I've moved Ben and his dad, Blake, into Tres Lagos.
He is a little attracted to Evie and she is not to terribly excited about Ben so far.
Plus, I don't know if a love match between them FEELS RIGHT.
Do you know what I'm talking about?
Sometimes relationships feel right between Sims and this one just doesn't to me ... Well, not so far anyway.
I even thought Ben's dad, Blake, might be the perfect mate for Maddie McMew.
She has charmed him already and the old fella rather likes Maddie, but I'm not feelin' that love match either.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 62525 

I think I'm goin' back to the (CaS) drawing board on this one...

Has this ever happened to my fellow Simmers here???
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 5:01 pm

Donovan and Karyn are adorable together!

Love the cute little Tatum house, well done! Sunny is so cute also!

Match-ups in the Sims can be difficult to achieve sometimes. I find if I make a Sim specifically for another Sim it does help. I often refer back to the Prima Guide that came with the first game to achieve that. On page 40 it lists the Zodiac Sign Compatibility, I find it really makes a difference. Also the Aspirations that "go" together..  I love you 
Back to top Go down
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 6:04 pm

Yes Sugah. Compatibility between sims can be such a fickle thing. What we might like may not resonate so well with them...now matter how much we squee and fawn and go "Oh, but the cute?!" and all that jazz  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 99672 
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 7:29 pm

Here is the full poop on attraction (thanks to Cyjon). Sometimes when a pair of simmies has 2 bolts, I hack in and change there likes and dislikes. If she's brunette and he likes blondes, a quick "shazam" can change his preference and get that 3rd bolt.

Warning, simmies with 3 bolts do spend a lot of time snacking and yummieing on each other. Fun and funny, but after a while...
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 11:05 am

Thank you for your comments & suggestions, all.  I love you 

I did manipulate Ben & Evie's likes a bit, Mac.
and even after only one of them had only one bolt for the other, I still wasn't feelin' them happening together.  No 
When I clicked on the Cyjon link you provided ( http://cyjon.net/node/86 ) , btw, I got:

Page not found
The requested page could not be found.

Sandy wrote:
Donovan and Karyn are adorable together!
Love the cute little Tatum house, well done! Sunny is so cute also!

Thank you, Lady S.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 711747 

Donovan & Karyn's match felt right to me...
Especially when they started interacting on their own.
I, sometimes, don't have to do a thing to encourage romance between Sims.
There truly must be such a thing as a match made in Sim heaven.  girlwinkin 
I am anxious to see what their wee ones look like one day...

Sandy wrote:
I often refer back to the Prima Guide that came with the first game to achieve that. On page 40 it lists the Zodiac Sign Compatibility, I find it really makes a difference. Also the Aspirations that "go" together..  

Sandy, you got me to thinkin' ! (Uh oh! That could be dangerous, you say.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 774807 )
I couldn't recall if I ever bought the original Sims 2 and Nightlife Prima Guides.
I've only had BV, FT and AL near my puter for ages (and now, recently, the Pets guide).
So I dug through my old hope chest and found them! I DO have every Prima Guide for each EP I play with!!!  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 262201 

Thank you for the heads up about Zodiac Sign & Aspiration Compatibilities on pg 40.
I always forget that the bozo who created the astrological compatibilities for Maxis was rather clueless.
Many of the astrological matches that work for the Sims, are not so in real life astrology.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 971462 
In other words... I can't rely on my OWN knowledge of the topic.
I definitely need to rely on the (mostly bogus & inaccurate) Maxis version for what works in the game!  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 97206

IRT-

Back in Tres Lagos, I moved Toni's Zen (hubba hubba) into the 'hood, in hopes that he'd be a better match for Toni's lovely Evie.
He has a gentle look to his eyes and a softness about him that I like.

Zen Haeven
Cancer - Family Sim

Active - Loves Jazz and Reggae - Sports Fan

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 HelllllloZenHaeven_zpsa58bffb4

Hellllllllllo Zen!!!  hubbahubba 

One of the neighbors to greet this snackolicious fella when he first moved into Tres Lagos was ... YAAAAAY!!! ... Evie!!!
I was thrilled! Couldn't have planned it better myself!

I let them be, for the most part, then had her check him out and visa versa: TWO lightening bolts for each!!!  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 687310 
Before I knew it, they were totally enamored with & crushin' on each other.
I just sat back and let their romance blossom on its own.

I was torn about Zen's career.
He is active & is a sports fan, so I thought the obvious.
But "Athletic" never came up and his bank account was dwindling fast.
So, I put him in "Dance", but it just didn't feel right for him.

Zen decided to let me know what HE wanted to do...
When I sent him out to trim the hedges and pull some weeds, he was very happy.
He loves nature. Whoda thunk?
So, I ended up putting him in Oceanography, which is a career I think he will be well-suited for.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 12612 

Anyhoo, a day later, Zen invited Evie's twin and her handsome cat, Sunny, over.
Even Eli and Zen seemed to have a lot in common and became instant friends!

You know folks...
When love is meant to be, it truly just happens.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 508493 

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 Zen-Evie_TrueLove_zps7a37cde5

Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 1:35 pm

Sugah wrote:

When I clicked on the Cyjon link you provided ( http://cyjon.net/node/86 ) , btw, I got:

Page not found
The requested page could not be found.

I just tried it 14:32 EST 6/13 and got the page (both from your msg and from mine)  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 62525 Give it another go, it's worth it
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 1:43 pm

It's back! Thanks, Mac!
I will bookmark it.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 584675 

What think you of my love match between Evie and Zen & all the other Tres Lagos updates, Cap'n?  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 738528
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 2:44 pm

Hi Sugah

What with packing for our move (now definite on 7/15) I've barely had a chance to look, but...
1) I've been keeping an eye on Marisa for some time in my own hood. She may yet become a playable. I already have so many simfemmes that I do encourage NPC guys, but the NPC gals have to go an extra mile. I think she will!  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 508493 

2) An entirely different Karyn Tatum from mine. I love her with the kitty, especially Sunny as a kitten... Awwwww! Karyn looks happy with Donovan.
3) As for Evie and Zen. Sorry she didn't make it with Ben. But with Zen. What a difference a single letter makes.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 97206   It's interesting how you you tried him in different careers. I usually set a career at the beginning and run with it. It's probably better you gave him Oceanography rather than Nature. I haven't had any of my guys in Nature reach level 10 (and the fig leaf?)  affraid Zen in a fig leaf might just break your monitor!  laughin
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 11:30 pm

Sugah wrote:
Hellllllllllo Zen!!! hubbahubba

My thought exactly!  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 12612 

It is interesting how sometimes our plans for our sims just don't work out. Every now and then, a simmie just knows better than we do.  laughin 

Back to top Go down
twerplina

twerplina

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 11:54 am

I'm enjoying reading this discussion of matchmaking for our sims. It's so true that at times we (humans) feel that two sims are just perfect for each other and it works. And then there are the times when the sims in question feel otherwise.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 99672  Not sure what that says about the game or us.

At times I've doctored some sims just to try and improve the bolts between them. Or I've made them in CAS hoping they'll be the perfect partner for a particular sim I'm trying to find a mate for. Doesn't always work though.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:45 pm

Cher wrote:
I'm a dog person myself, probably mostly by nature but also because I'm allergic to cats. I can pet them and be around them outside and it doesn't bother me too much. Sometimes I can be around them in houses and it's not too bad, but other times I can barely breathe. No

That sounds like my brother. We always had outdoor pets since we live on a farm and the cats didn't bother him outside, but especially as he got older his eyes would get itchy and he would feel bothered when they were in the house to play. His fiancee is allergic to cats too and unfortunately has had to work in homes with them as a home health nurse. I imagine their little boy might end up being allergic to them too, so that's something I've been taking into consideration before getting a cat.

Sugah wrote:
Hahaha! That's hilarious, Em! What a character your son is!

Oh, I know it! Last summer he had me make a list of what he wanted in a cat and he wanted me to add pregnant to the list.  Rolling Eyes laughin  And a couple of months ago I overheard him giving my dad a whole speech and list of reasons why a cat would be a better pet to get than I dog. I really need to get him a cat, but I'd really like to be settled in our own place first.

Sugah wrote:
I've had both in my life.
Hubby and I are more 'dog people', but as you have said, Em, neither is BETTER, just different.
I agree with Cher. That WAS a good answer to give Chase, btw.

I've had and enjoyed both in my life too. Cats are good for holding and cuddling with (which is why Chase says he wants a cat.) and dogs are good for running around with and taking walks with. I've always had a special fondness for cats, but I have good memories of both.

Sugah wrote:
Oh, and to answer your question, Em, I don't think each of Maddie's cats sleep in their own designated bed.
Have you ever seen that happen? Even Sims don't always gravitate to their assigned beds, let alone their pets!

No, not that I recall. I remember reading sims are supposed to do that, but they don't often do. Long ago my simself had a houseful of pet and I remember them acting aggressively towards each other over food bowls and beds, but I don't remember any of them sleeping in assigned beds consistently.

Sugah wrote:
Plus, I don't know if a love match between them FEELS RIGHT.
Do you know what I'm talking about?
Sometimes relationships feel right between Sims and this one just doesn't to me ... Well, not so far anyway.

Yes, I understand what you mean. I don't often make sims especially for each other, but instead let them find their own matches from whatever's out there, but I can see how sometimes despite your best intentions and best matchmaking abilities or chemistry sometimes they end up not being as right together as you might have hoped. I think that's part of the reason why I try to step back and let them choose their own partners.

Zen is a really attractive sim. I'm glad he and Evie seem to make a better match!
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 9:16 pm

Em wrote:
Last summer he had me make a list of what he wanted in a cat and he wanted me to add pregnant to the list.

LOL! That's not hard to arrange, you know.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 598258 

Twerplina wrote:
At times I've doctored some sims just to try and improve the bolts between them. Or I've made them in CAS hoping they'll be the perfect partner for a particular sim I'm trying to find a mate for. Doesn't always work though.

I've done the same things, and with the same unpredictable results. I guess it keeps us on our toes!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sugah's Sim Antics
Page 13 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next