Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Life in Christophe Harbour

Go down 
+14
SandySimmer
butterflyunion
clc
mac
Grykon
Caleb_71
Hunter
Ullwera
soloaris
WittyKitty
Sugah
Astral Faery
autumnelle
AdriannaSimmie
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:50 am

Well I'm glad she found out. Better now than later. I love her outfit - especially those jeans.
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 9:02 am

Oooh I am so happy she kicked that no good, lying, cheating piece of trash to the curb!!!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:59 pm

Do you remember where you found ToniSim's ensemble, m'lady?
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 7:15 am

You guys rock! dancintrio

Next time I boot up BodyShop I'll track down that top ensemble that Sim Toni is wearing. It's an old mesh and I have a wack or recolours. I love that it's a shirt over a tank top...I live in outfits like that in RL 'cause they cover up the extra bits that I carry about my waist! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 97206 The jeans are an old recolour of, I believe of a Maxis mesh. Will let you know if I track them down.

Another quick meanwhile before we check in again on C & M

----

Well Kyle and the boys finally graduated. Here's Kyle with his teenage sister Lauren and the parental units. I love his dad's longer hair. He's quite a looker, don't you think? Yes, Kyle's hair has grown back too. It's been three years now since he shaved his head.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_1986ee0f_fa8bfd88

The guys have a party for their close friends, and the Rogues play together for the last time verklempt (Kyle and Max are heading off to Simmiewood. Joey is returning to Christophe Harbour and Marc is to take up an internship at Pleasantview General Hospital...but more on that later).

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_1986ee0f_da8bda9b

The party goes well into the night, and the guys are a big hit!

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_1986ee0f_5a8bdb51

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_1986ee0f_9a8bdc0a

The party moves inside later.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_1986ee0f_3a8be21c

The girl Marc's dancing with there is his new girlfriend Kana. He's really smitten...but she's a year behind him in school, so they'll have to try the long distance thing.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_1986ee0f_5a8be08e

Maxine's young Uncle Kwesi Duru, a music producer tells Max he's very impressed with his vocals. "You've got something there, Max!" Kwesi told him.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_1986ee0f_fa8bde85

I thought this conversation was pretty amusing. Anil and Elisabeth (Shoba's brother and Max's sister) went steady for years, and broke up amicably about a year ago. How cute is it that they're reminiscing?

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_1986ee0f_3a8be0ec

No Kyle, I don't think so! Carolyn looks most unimpressed, don't you think? laughin

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_1986ee0f_5a8bdfec
But he is cute as anything though~ Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 12612

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_1986ee0f_da8be06d

But there's some sadness Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 503793 After being together for 6 years...Joey proposed to Shoba...and she turned him down! She said he was her first serious boyfriend and she wanted to explore life a bit more before she settled down (whatever that means).

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_1986ee0f_ba8be440

He was devastated, and she was miserable.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_1986ee0f_fa8be557

She wanted to be friends, but...

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_1986ee0f_fa8be4fc

No! "You're asking too much," Joey said harshly. He had never even raised his voice to her before. "Just leave!"

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_1986ee0f_9a8be516

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 729422

This shot is just to cheer me up! Hubba hubba! Doctor Marc! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 774807

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_1986ee0f_5a8a8815

Kwesi invites Max to cut a track at his studio. He's sure Max can make it big...

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_1986ee0f_fa8bd1da

And finally, a note on how mean Maxis can be. Look at how they dressed my sim self when I grew up after graduation!!!!! I'm so embarrassed! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 99672

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_19e718c4_3a8d2e1d

Last edited by ilikefishfood on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:35 am

LOLOL! You mean you don't like that dowdy ensemble for Toni? Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 99672

Wow, it is so neat to see the direction everyone's life is taking. It's so sad that the group won't play together anymore. Can't they make a vacation once a year to hang out and jam? They all ought to be able to fit that into their busy lives.

The breakup is so sad! After 6 years, wow. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 503793

Parental unit dad is sporting that long hair quite nicely. Yum!
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:45 am

Astral Faery wrote:
LOLOL! You mean you don't like that dowdy ensemble for Toni? Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 99672

Can you believe the grandfather slippers?! Like the beige pants (polyester no doubt) and apron weren't bad enough! And look at how that guy passing by in the background is sizing up my ensemble! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 99672

Astral Faery wrote:
Wow, it is so neat to see the direction everyone's life is taking. It's so sad that the group won't play together anymore. Can't they make a vacation once a year to hang out and jam? They all ought to be able to fit that into their busy lives.

I'm dying to respond to this, but my lips are sealed. You'll have to wait! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 97206

Last edited by ilikefishfood on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:49 am

Well Kyle does look better with hair. I guess I can forgive him now seeing how he was a young immature lad. He is gonna have to prove himself though Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 738528

Aww everyone is all grown up now and not together anymore Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 503793
That makes me a little sad for sure. It is great to see them all going on with their lives though...
I am curious to see the next hook ups, break ups, marriages and babies now..hehehe

OMG, the shame of Maxis putting Toni in that horrible outfit. Geez!! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 99672
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 7:53 am

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 578473 Helllllloooooooo thread dwellers! laughin

Sorry I disappeared like that on you. My brother's been in town this past week, so I've had less time with my Simmies.

Jen...time will tell if Kyle's gotten his wandering ways reined in. We shall find out soon enough Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 422794

Trying to keep things chronological, I'm just going to follow the boys a bit more...ok...truthfully, this installment is really just 'cause I have some cool pix I wanted to share. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 97206

I just finished decorating Max and Kyle's bachelor pad. (It's a re-do of the house in Belladonna cove that Chastity Gere and Gabriel Green live in).

The boys found the place in the former industrial area of Simmiewood, where all the old factories and warehouses are gradually being converted into shops and living spaces. It's heavily populated by bohemian types: artists, actors, musicians and the like. The boys place is across from an old cinema, and jammed in between a cafe/restaurant, and an empty factory now under renovation.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_ba9063a4_fa9063bc

Max is doing solo singing gigs at neighbourhood night spots and is on call to fill in with a studio band (he's an accomplished musician: violin, guitar and keyboards...and can hold his own on the drum set), while Kwesi Duru works on producing his demo track and then shopping it around. Kyle is working as a free lance fashion photographer, but is getting more and more work modeling. The boys stay in shape (gotta work off all that beer and pizza!) by running and using an old punching bag they've got mounted on their rooftop play area.

Here're some more shots...

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_ba9063a4_5a9063ea

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_ba9063a4_ba90661e

Their pet rattlesnake, Spot.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_ba9063a4_3a9067f9

This is Max's room

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_ba9063a4_ba906710

Kyle's room

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_ba9063a4_fa9066c5

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_ba9063a4_da90669d

And in case there's any doubt about how they spend their free time! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 598258

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_ba9063a4_9a906756-1

Last edited by ilikefishfood on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 8:14 am

It absolutely amazes me how much energy you put into decorating. I wish I had the patience and inclination to do it. I really hate spending the time and I can never figure out what looks good where, anyway. Beautiful job - all the rooms look so 'real' - like rooms in real life. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 738528
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 8:32 am

Astral Faery wrote:
It absolutely amazes me how much energy you put into decorating. I wish I had the patience and inclination to do it. I really hate spending the time and I can never figure out what looks good where, anyway. Beautiful job - all the rooms look so 'real' - like rooms in real life. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 738528

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 243713 Well I think your Medieval homes look most realistic Ari! They didn't do a lot of clutter back in those days and your furnishings are perfect!

Thanks again for your kind compliments. I guess it's all those years of Barbie doll training! laughin Even then, I used to love to get those stuff packs, with little Barbie food and all that! I even had (ok, still have in my sister's basement) a little Barbie butter dish, with the stick of butter in it and a pizza box that opens and has a partially eaten pie and individual slices of pizza! And I made some pretty cool stuff.....Like a VCR: chunk of styrofoam cut to the right shape, covered with foil paper and thin magic marker nobs...and tah daaaaaaah! Barbie's got a VCR (we didn't have DVD players back then laughin)

Oh my goodness! I've been a deco clutterholic for over 30 years!!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 12:50 pm

Oh they do have nice rooms those boys. I don´t think they have decorated by them selfs they must have had a prof room decorator. laughin
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 8:47 am

ilikefishfood wrote:

Well I think your Medieval homes look most realistic Ari! They didn't do a lot of clutter back in those days and your furnishings are perfect!

Well that's right up my alley! I like clutter, I just don't really know how to do it. And I'm really kinda too lazy to learn - I'd rather just play, ha ha.

Wow - that's pretty impressive that you made a VCR. The most inventive thing I ever made for my barbie was a dress made from a washrag (or kleenex) with a rubber band around the middle! Hey - we were poor, lol - my friend and I needed barbie clothes and we weren't real handy with making stuff Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 598258
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:53 am

Quote :
I even had (ok, still have in my sister's basement) a little Barbie butter dish, with the stick of butter in it and a pizza box that opens and has a partially eaten pie and individual slices of pizza!

I think I had a butter dish too! Didn't it have a little knife with it too? My mom liked to sew so she made a few little Barbie outfits for me and little beds. I tried to make some of my own clothes too with fabric scraps and I had an apartment building that was really an old changing table that folded and had three boxes that I made into apartments. It was fun. laughin

The boys' place looks great. You really have a flair and a great style for decorating!
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 12:48 pm

Ari your washrag and kleenex outfits sound most avant garde! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 97206 I learned to use our big, ancient sewing machine (with the peddle thing you had to move with your foot) just so I could make clothes for Barbie (the fancy store bought stuff came later). I remember the first thing my mother taught me to make (out of old socks) was underwear for Barbie and her friends. She was horrified that they didn't wear panties! Ha haaaa! I even put elastic in the waist and the little bitty legs! By the way, all I can sew to this day is dolls' clothes. laughin

Em, love the apartment boxes! When I was (I can't believe I'm telling you guys this)...but when I was in my 20's *gasp* my cousin and I (same age) built this amazing dollhouse in a walk in closet in my mom's flat. It had shelves along two sides, so it was like walking into the dollhouse. That's when the VCR got made....and I had a store bought bathroom set, but the house had two bathrooms, so we MADE the other stuff. A kleenex box (with a nice marblised pattern) for the bathtub, the pump from a bottle of hand lotion (covered in foil) was the shower, and some more of my mom's good foil paper for the taps and lower faucet. The toilet was a small flower pot, with a styrofoam tank...and well...you can imagine more foil paper was needed for the handle laughin

I checked bodyshop and that top my self Sim was wearing was old Sims2Sisters from when they had their free site, before moving to TSR. I haven't seen them at TSR, but I'll check the graveyard. If anyone's interested in the mesh and the three or four recolors I have, just PM me, and I can upload them to mediafire for you. They were free, so no problem sharing. The jeans were by a SimChic. I believe free, but her site's been down the past couple of days, so I haven't been able to check. Will let you know if I find them.

---

Well, I'm back today to get you guys caught up with the other main characters in my game so we can get back to Carolyn and Marco.

As a point of interest, the day after Sim Toni kicked Max to the curb, he rolled a want to be her best friend again and fall in love with her. I think one glimpse of her in the grandpa slippers would cure him of these wants! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 97206

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Maxredeemsself
We've seen where Max and Kyle ended up. As to the others...

Damien Duval (Dirk Dreamer) and Lilith got engaged!

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_fa3f5afd_da91191f
Ophelia (who studied fashion design) got a job as a designer's assistant at a Simmiewood fashion house. She moved into a pretty nice one-bedroom apartment...remember Daddy's rich (move director).

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_fa3f5afd_ba91af9c
Speaking of rich daddies, her cousin Maxine moved into her movie star Dad's SImmiewood condo (where Carolyn spent the last couple of summers). She's in law school, and still dating Jace

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_da321059_ba91def6
...And Mike (both of whom graduated the year before she did).

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_da321059_1a91e0e4
She also immediately started dated her old law professor, Sam Harrelson who she has three bolts for! He's divorced (an elder) and a romance simmie too.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_da321059_3a91e263
He also happens to be Kyle's grandfather! You can see where Kyle and his dad get their good looks.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_da321059_5a91e2ea

Wild-haired Marc, off to do pre-med and then intern at Pleasantview General was 'advised' to cut his afro. "It just doesn't say 'doctor,' does it?" said the snobby Hospital Administrator who interviewed him. But he obliged, and cut off his beautiful 'fro....

And dyed what was left of his hair RED! Ha haaaa!

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_fa3f5afd_7a911441
He moved into a run down flat above a liquor store.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_fa3f5afd_7a911219
Where he was joined a few days later by Joey...

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_fa3f5afd_ba92090b
Joey, after getting rejected by Shoba decided he didn't want to live in Christophe Harbour in case he ran into her (she studied civil engineering and snagged a job with the city working for the Planning Board).

So he accepted an appointment in Pleasantview with the Department of Social Services working in the inner city with juvenile delinquents.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_fa3f5afd_3a9207e0

One of whom is Don Loathrio's son Pheonix...now a teenager. I told you Don makes good looking kids! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 12612

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_fa3f5afd_da92073f
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:25 pm

Um...I think I like Marc's hair better like this. Holy cow look at that bone structure!

Yes, Don does make good looking kids, I've bred him a few times - he's a good looking guy.

Aw, the proposal picture is so pretty! I hope they'll be very happy together. Looking forward to seeing the wedding.

I'm loving watching all your sims grow and seeing where their lives are taking them. It's so neat to see proposals, rejections, new jobs and locations, new looks, new homes - it's so very real. You've done a great job of making them seem like real people. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 578473
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 3:46 am

Astral Faery wrote:
You've done a great job of making them seem like real people. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 578473

They're not real?! What are you saying?! affraid

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 99672

Hee heee! Thanks Ari! I must say, sharing my game with you guys has actually made it even more fun to play. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 408427
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 8:48 pm

Well boys and girls...it's time to get back to Carolyn and Marco. I think we left them in the last week of the summer before their final year at university. He had just written and told her he was staying on in London to finish school. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 729422

---
Carolyn was devastated when she received Marco's email telling her that he would be staying in the UK for a year! And more importantly, he wouldn't be home next week. She had been looking forward to seeing him more than she even dared admit to herself. But she had to admit it, when as she read his email she felt tears sliding down her cheeks.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_f8d2ca94_da93deaa

She should be happy for him, it was a great opportunity...the greatest, and yet all she could think about was how she was feeling. "You're so selfish!" She chided herself.

Over the next few days her mood swung between sadness and even anger and everything in between. She was angry with herself for being angry with him and for not being able to feel totally happy for her friend.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_f8d2ca94_da7e9b0d

She forced herself to reply to his email when she realized nearly a week had passed.

Over the next few weeks they continued to write but not very often and never ever about anything terribly personal. Because of the time difference, they rarely ever saw each other online.

Her younger sister Pauline who had begun university joined the Sorority and moved into the house.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_f8d2ca94_9a8d34c2

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_f8d2ca94_5a8a80fb

It was great for Carolyn to have her around.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_f8d2ca94_7a8a76fa

Over Christmas vacation she 'ran into' Marco online and they had a friendly conversation on Skype. It was so strange and lovely to see him. He looked tired, but happy.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_b8bd600b_3a93b2a2

After a few minutes of tentative conversation, the nervousness slipped away and they ended up in an animated conversation about the University of London and the city itself.

"You'd love it! You should come for a visit," he said with a wink.

She laughed nervously.

"I've got an audition in a few minutes. I've gotta run," he said making a silly face. Miss you Garcia," he added quickly.

"Miss you too D'Angelo," she replied with a smile, as her stomach flipped over. "Good luck at the audition!"

Her heart was fluttering when they disconnected. "I really am happy for him!" she thought, smiling sadly. Nonetheless, she decided she would not allow herself to get caught up in her unrequited feelings for her friend. Nurturing feelings for him was emotionally draining. He had told her of some opportunities he had in Europe after graduation and she was happy for him, but it meant she couldn't be sure when she would see him again.

There was no way she could actually go on a trip to the UK. Even though her father was a successful surgeon, he was supporting a family of ten! (she had seven siblings). She hadn't managed to get much in the way of scholarships, so he was paying her tuition and most of her other expenses. Trips aboard were not going to happen any time soon.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_b8bd600b_fa93b56e

Carolyn reminded herself that she had resolved to deal with her feelings for Marco whenever they ended up in the same place. It was impossible to try to figure it out when they were so far apart and hadn't seen each other in ages. The important thing was she was genuinely happy for him.

The remainder of her final year was a mad crush of classes, parties, auditions and job interviews.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_f8d2ca94_9a7eaeaa-1

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_f8d2ca94_fa7eb52d

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_fa3f5afd_fa91bb92

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_fa3f5afd_7a91ce65

She and Marco wrote once in a while, and at the end of May he wrote to say that he was going to spend the summer in Italy. Vinnie - who had won scholarships hand over fist throughout his university years and had accumulated a nice little wad of cash in his bank account - would be joining him. They were going on their 'back to the mother country' trip before starting the rest of their lives.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_fa3f5afd_ba93d775

It had more than two years since she had seen him.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_f8d2ca94_1a93e2d3
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 8:47 am

2 years Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 503793 I sure hope they get to see each other soon. And maybe we'll get lucky and one of them will bend just a little and let his/her feelings slip...but I know you plan to torture us some more, you evil thing, you. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 598258

Great update and beautiful shots, Toni. Your story is always a joy to read. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 12612
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 1:20 am

Thanks Ari! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 678648

I have today another quick update. I play in rotation...using each university term as a marker. I play a term for all my young adults. Then back to the hoods to play for a bit, and then back to uni for second term. That way all family memories make chronological sense. Younger siblings can say get an A plus, while an older one is off at uni making the dean's list, or getting put on academic probation. Anyway, I have so many families to get through that I thought I'd share as I went along.

I also at the end of this, will have a little teaser from the next Marco and Carolyn update Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 422794

---
Brandi's new baby Ryan is a cutie. As far as I know he has the default light skintone, but I didn't remember the cheeks being so rosy. I think he's lovely with the pale skin and jet black hair.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_2dae7a30_da9b31c9

Nina (and Don's) daughter Mia also grew up.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_2dae895f_5a9b800e
And just a few months later, so did he and wife Cassandra's daughter Nella...a jock like her dad, here she is playing basketball with her uncle Jacob! That's right...her uncle! That's grandfather Mortimer's son with his young wife Dina.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_adae8020_9a9bad0b

I think I'm going to like Nella. She loves sports but also loves reading (which she'll do autonomously) and loves gaining skill points. She's also very, very nice.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_adae8020_9a9baec6
I don't know if you remember Max's little sister Alana and Andre and Ophelia's little sister Maddie who were best friends. Well they grew into pretty teens.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_988c5460_7a9bc541

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_988c5460_7a9bc421

They still love their Nintendo! Here they are playing at Maddie's house.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_988c5460_1a9bc587

And goofing around with their friends Jesse Burke (Burb - as in John and Jennifer) and Manny (short for Manuel) Garcia...one of Carolyn and Marc's younger brothers.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_988c5460_5a9bc88e
Daniel moved into his new bachelor pad in Simmiewood, complete with wants to fall in love with and make best friends with his ex-wife Mary Sue. Never mind that he's harbouring fears of the death of two of his main girlfriends Michelle (the one that the twins beat up) and Sonni (an NPC cop).

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Loserboy
Did I also mention that Daniel had a baby with the maid Katelyn Langerak? It took some serious manipulation to get it done and still keep Katelyn as a maid, but I figured it out (I think I'll have to start a separate thread for simmie manipulation tips. lol!). Anyway, Joanna is now seven. Better looking than the twins, that's for sure!

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_fa3f5afd_ba9c0711
Speaking of the twins, Lilith got a spot with the Simmiewood Scorpions (women's basketball) major league team...and after she and Damien (who is attending Law School in the city) got engaged, they moved into a little apartment in Simmiewood. They've only got a bed, a couple of chairs, a TV, a fridge and a stove. But they'll start furnishing after Lilith gets her first pay check.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_7a9b151f_3a9b1521
And Speaking of moving in, my sim self moved into a teeny run down house in a Bohemian neighbourhood in Simmiewood. Around the corner from ex-boyfriend Max and his room mate Kyle. I loved the house that Jen (AdriannaSimmie) made for me, appropriately called Toni's Tiny Grunge because of my love of the well-worn home. Now this was a really, really well-worn home...and while I'm not adverse to actually living in a run down house, as my sim self likes to walk around barefooted, she felt the need to clean up the floor boards a bit. So she bought some industrial strength cleaner and did her best. I also tweaked the place a little, making the upstairs one row of tiles bigger so I could move the tiny bathroom up there. What if my sim self needs to go in the middle of the night?! I changed some of the furnishings, kept some clutter and most of the gorgeous grungy wallpapers...ringed the place with a wall (it is the middle of the city, after all!) and moved Sim Toni a newscaster intern (custom broadcast journalist career) into her new old digs. Here're some shots, and here's the link to Jen's original creation. Thanks Jen! We love it! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 338947

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_0000001f_fa9518b9

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_9a951f37_7a951f5e

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_9a951f37_ba951f6b

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_9a951f37_fa951f38

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_9a951f37_fa951fc3

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_9a951f37_fa951fa4

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_9a951f37_9a951f86

And I just wanted to include this picture of Shoba's younger sister Raishma, because I think she is just breathtaking.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_fa3f5afd_ba9c2ec7

Remember her? One of Kyle's sister Lauren's best friends. Here they are with their other BFF Bernadette (Cassie and Maxine's sister) practicing their dance moves...because that's what sixteen year olds do! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 97206

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Snapshot_fa3f5afd_1a9c3144

And finally, to end this installment...a little teaser: an excerpt from this coming week's update on the Carolyn and Marco saga.

He caught his breath. "Garcia!"

They moved towards each other, and she flung her arms around him and hugged him tightly. His face was buried in her hair, and he could feel her heart beating rapidly against his chest.

Then she pulled away - too quickly he thought - and gazed at him with a warm smile, but he thought her eyes looked sad.

"I missed you," she said sounding a bit breathless.

"I missed you too," he croaked, grabbing her hand.

Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 7:10 am

Honey, you are a natural at this. You're an excellent writer, and an expert tease - you know just what excerpt to post to get us all frothing at the mouth. I am very much looking forward to the next installment.

How fun to see your other neighborhood happenings! Don's children are all quite beautiful - I can't wait to see them grow up! And Morty's little guy is a doll - he's going to be quite the looker when he gets older!

I'm really enjoying your thread so far.

I love you

Oh and do tell! How did you manipulate Kaylyn/Katelyn to get her preggo?
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 9:49 am

Oh wow, thank you so much for sharing the pictures of the house Toni
I am so happy you both like it so much...

PS Sorry about the tiny bathroom, that is the only room I forgot to play before I packaged the lot...oops :))

I usually test play all of the lots before I package them just to avoid issues like this. Maybe I need to go back and tweak it now :))
Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 2:44 pm

She has a fabulous place your self sim Toni!
They do look good all your sim kids. Joanna does look really sweet.

And when does the next installment come????? I like it like ......now!

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 364885 Bring it on.... Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 774807
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 12:59 pm

Thank you ladies! I love getting feedback!

Patience Ulli, patience! :praying1: Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 97206 Sooooon.....there's one more big event that I'm staging for the next installment. As we say in the Caribbean..."Soon come!" laughin

Oh Jen...the house is lovely...and I've certainly seen homes that have bathrooms that're far away from from the bedrooms, so my Tiny Grunge is not unusual...it's just that if my Sim me is anything like the real me...she would prefer to have her facilities near her bedroom Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 12612 I'm so lovin' the place. I've even managed to squeeze a chess table into the 2-tile backyard. And I don't remember if you had put a BBQ grill out there or if it was me, but I have a nice rusty recolor that fitted in quite nicely for my Saturday afternoon barbecues.

Ari..about the baby. I couldn't do much with Katelyn other than control her, but I wanted her and Daniel to have a baby (just for the drama), so I let Daniel have the baby. I have mods that allow men to have babies, though I don't usually use it, as I go for a more realistic game. But in this case, here's what I did:

I have an orphanage run by a couple of nuns. I went to that lot and moved Daniel in using Inge's teleporter cat. I did this because if he'd had the baby on his home lot, it would have become part of the Pleasant family, and the other members of the household would've had the 'joined family' memories. In this case, I didn't want them to know about the baby, and I certainly didn't want her to be part of the household.

So I made Daniel a part of the family using The T Cat. Used the Sim Manipulator (a new mod that's just been released, but that I've been testing for over six months for the creator). This can also be done with TJ's Simblender and Maxis' Tombstone of life and death. Anyway, I made Daniel pregnant by Katelyn, and used the Sim Manipulator to make him give birth immediately (can't deal with the pregnant man visuals Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 598258). The baby then became part of the orphanage and both Katelyn and Daniel had the 'had Joanna' memory.)

Then back on the Pleasant lot, I used the cat to move Daniel back in. I used the cat because then the moving in and out creates no memories of 'joining families' which is the memory Maxis gives you when one simmie invites another to move in. It was quick, and painless (well maybe not for Daniel! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 97206 )

Then back at the orphanage, I'd occasionally teleport Katelyn to the lot, make her selectable and let her teach Joanna who to talk and walk and potty train her. I'm guessing a cad like Daniel probably wouldn't take the time to be part of her raising. Once she became a child, I used Argon's Townie Brick to make her a townie...it's immediate...just a click on 'make me a townie.' The brick ensures that they don't lose their memories. I use this method to populate my hood as I also have Pescado's no townie regeneration mod.

Ok...that's today's lesson in Sim Manipulation. Bet you're sorry you asked! lol! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 85797
Back to top Go down
Hunter

Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 8:17 am

I'm sorry I haven't been around to witness the greatness that is going on in this thread.

Your photos and storylines are absolutely great. The photos are beautiful and the characters you've created just draw people in. You can't wait to see what happens next to your characters. Great Job!

btw.....I LOVE Max & Kyle's Bachelor Pad. It's perfectly decorated and I'm a huge fan of Interior Brick. Beautiful!!
Back to top Go down
http://basicforsims.forummotion.com/
soloaris

soloaris

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 4:28 pm

Why do you need a hack for let men having Baby's? verklempt never seen that should be a problem... is it? one just move the mother out ... or what? Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 774807
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Life in Christophe Harbour
Page 14 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 33  Next