Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb Empty
PostSubject: How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb   How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 3:58 am

I decided I wanted a lot more beaches for my girls, so I downloaded a Neighborhood called Diamondbar Islands and the link is below.

http://www.modthesims.info/d/250419

How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb DiamondBarIslands

The problem I had, was my pre-built Beach Houses couldn't be placed, but there is an in game cheat that allows you to raise and lower parts of the map.

This is a Freetime EP Cheat.

The cheat is: modifyNeighborhoodTerrain [on | off]

First bring up the cheat window with Ctrl, Shift and C, type in: modifyNeighborhoodTerrain on

The [ key raises the terrain and the ] key lowers the terrain.

Click and drag over what area you would like to raise

How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb DiamondBarIslands1

In my case I clicked [ twice.

How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb DiamondBarIslands2

Slight problem, there is now to much land.

How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb DiamondBarIslands3

So click and drag to shorten the land.

How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb DiamondBarIslands4

Click ] twice to lower the terrain and now the Beach House fits.

How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb DiamondBarIslands5

Now bring up the cheat window and type in: modifyNeighborhoodTerrain off

I would highly recommend downloading a terrain and having a play to get it right, you definitely don't want to destroy a Hood you have played a lot. If you get it wrong with a new Hood just delete the new Hood and try again.

Do you have a problem like this, where I placed a Beach Lot to close and messed the road up?

How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb Land

Well you type the same cheat as above, but now you click and drag from the the same level you want the selection to be. Now you hit the \ key

How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb Land1

and the problem is gone , plus the land has been raised. Don't forget to turn the cheat off

How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb Land3

Last edited by Sugah on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:14 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Added the leveling tutorial.)
Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb   How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 8:17 am

Cool!! I have really wanted this it sucks when the houses dosen´t fit anywhere.
I didn´t know of this cheat Nice! How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb 12612

Thank you for the link that hood looks great . dancintrio
And ofcourse how you make it all happen!

How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb 558785

Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb   How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 8:29 am

There is an extra to this Cheat about leveling and I will add it in as I play with it, some more.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb   How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:53 pm

WOW!
This is awesome, Russ!
What excellent, valuable information and a great tutorial!

Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb 692371
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb   How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:15 pm

Hey Russ this is great thanks! and by the way how did you zoom in so close, I mean did you use a mod of some sort?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb   How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:05 pm

I use camera mods, you just replace the files in the 'Camera' folder in My Documents/EA Games/Sims 2.

Remember to keep a copy of your originals, before overwriting them.

The link has a few:

http://www.modthesims.info/browse.php?tag=camera+mod&go=Go&gs=1&f=414&gs=1
Back to top Go down
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Re: How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb   How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:19 am

Russ, I've been meaning to thank you for this for awhile!

I think you've opened some amazing real-estate in my hood with your tute. I'd accepted areas just weren't possible to do anything with, even thought they looked like somewhere a house should be!

Thanks so much, mate. Love your work! How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb 940149

ThanksforSharing
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb   How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 3:33 pm

Thank you for the easy to understand tutorial, Russell. I'll be using it a lot in my big hood, I think. There are a lot of beach lots, but they're like the ones in your pics -- not quite enough land.  How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb 367799 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb   How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Modify Your Hood to Accommodate Beach Houses by Caleb
Page 1 of 1