Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

What's going on in Tim's game these days?

Go down 
+7
mac
SandySimmer
SimEm
Savannah94
Sugah
ilikefishfood
Grykon
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Grykon

Grykon

What's going on in Tim's game these days? Empty
PostSubject: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 5:36 pm

Well besides all the mod updating and removal, I got some time to play a little, decided to run a community lot one of my simmies has and every time I went to open buy mode - outdoor - decorations the game crashed...*argh* so some file somewhere is listed as a decoration, more specific as a outdoor decoration (didn't know I had any CC that fell into that category) is bugging...haven't a clue yet how to figure that one out. *grumble* lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:04 pm

It may not actually be a file in decoration....it might be another problematic file causing a conflict. Think you're going to have to do the old remove-and-add-back-in-batches thing. No
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 7:00 pm

ilikefishfood wrote:
It may not actually be a file in decoration....it might be another problematic file causing a conflict. Think you're going to have to do the old remove-and-add-back-in-batches thing. No

LOL Nope, not doing it! lol right now it is just in a specific spot, unless it happens else where...Normal decoration (ie home building) doesn't seem affected, just at a commercial lot. I did have one item, it was a sign, but I pulled the item out and it still crashes so not sure what I might have gotten in there from a lot or whatever...lol Arron said you had a lot of problems with the InSim and Mansion SP conflicting.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 1:58 pm

First of all, I am so glad you decided to start your own Sim antics thread, Tim. What's going on in Tim's game these days? 687310

I am sorry for the issues you are having with game crashes.
Most of us can relate and it sucks! What's going on in Tim's game these days? 971462

What's going on in Tim's game these days? 55638
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 5:18 pm

*grin*
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 5:27 pm

Oh I gave up inSiM a loong time ago! Aaron's Sim Manipulator does everything inSIM did and more! Plus it's leaner, lighter and doesn't conflict with anything as far as I know. I have all EPS and SPs. I was a tester for him, and I've been using it for over two years with not a single problem or conflict.

He learned how to mod because he wanted to update inSIM. Took that baby apart and figured out how everything worked. I'd say Aaron is as good as (if not better now) at understanding TS2 coding as Pescado and Two Jeffs...and he's still hasn't defected to TS3 like Pesky or left the community all together like TJ.

Last edited by ilikefishfood on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 5:44 pm

ilikefishfood wrote:
Oh I gave up inSiM a loong time ago! Aaron's Sim Manipulator does everything inSIM did and more! Plus it's leaner, lighter and doesn't conflict with anything as far as I know. I have all EPS and SPs. I was a tester for him, and I've been using it for over two years with not a single problem or conflict.

He learned how to mod because he wanted to update inSIM. Took that baby apart and figured out how everything worked. I'd say Aaron is as good as (if not better now) at understanding TS2 coding as Pescado and Two Jeffs...and he's still hasn't defected to TS3 like Pesky or left the community all together like TJ.

Well that meanie...why didn't he offer it to me?? I think I will go email him a lump of coal! lol
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 6:00 pm

Grykon wrote:
Well that meanie...why didn't he offer it to me?? I think I will go email him a lump of coal! lol

Ha haaaaaa! laughin It's been available for download since January of 2011. I guess you weren't playing at the time. The link is in my previous post.
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 8:33 pm

ilikefishfood wrote:

Ha haaaaaa! laughin It's been available for download since January of 2011. I guess you weren't playing at the time. The link is in my previous post.

LOL He goes...ummm...you got an account there...I was like...I do? He goes, you even posted a message in the board introducing yourself...I died laughing! lol
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 1:28 pm

Question for those of you more experienced with expansions after OFB...I noticed yesterday as sims left the house they were all what at first I thought saluting...and holding it for a good bit of time...but then I got to wondering...is this part of seasons? Maybe they were shielding their eyes from the sun? It's not real natural looking so I wasn't sure...

Also, before adding the new expansions...if I created a home business, I could put out the open closed sign to mark when the sim's business was open or not, it's really annoying not to be able to close your home business without using the phone to actually quit it....and now I can't access any of the business stuff from the home lot...It was always kind of nice having a clothes store on the lot for a sim's desire for a 'public woohoo', but now I can buy any of the business stuff to put onto the lot, well other then a cash register and some decorative stuff. And yes I had phoned and started a home business before I tried to buy items. It's weird cause the business collection folder is gone since installing the new eps...just ticks me off!
Back to top Go down
Savannah94

Savannah94

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 4:19 am

Grykon wrote:
Question for those of you more experienced with expansions after OFB...I noticed yesterday as sims left the house they were all what at first I thought saluting...and holding it for a good bit of time...but then I got to wondering...is this part of seasons? Maybe they were shielding their eyes from the sun? It's not real natural looking so I wasn't sure...

Um I believe that there just trying to protect they eyes from the sun... (Season EP does this I think) It's kinda annoying to me at least. :/
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 10:18 am

Savannah94 wrote:

Um I believe that there just trying to protect they eyes from the sun... (Season EP does this I think) It's kinda annoying to me at least. :/

Thank you Savannah!
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:13 pm

Well as posted in Mac's hood, Merry Christmas all!

Also, I am wondering if any of you graphically talented people would be interested in creating an eyelash make up more geared towards male Sims? Some skin tones (if not all) really just don't look good around the eyes and lips...So lip stick that would compliment skin tones rather then draw attention would be nice too!

Also I have been working on a mesh the last couple of days as a belated Christmas gift for Sugah's Place...I suck at best when it comes to graphics on the computer and coloring period...So I am looking for someone who would like to team up and if they like the project create some 'real' outfits for the mesh. Sorry can't say what it is right now, will discuss it privately with you if you are interested and share a screen cap with you, but by saying your interested you are declaring that you will keep it secret until it has been revealed on the board even if you decide it's not your cup of tea! lol What's going on in Tim's game these days? 99672

And on another note, I recently (maybe a month ago) spoke about a 'new idea' that has surfaced from another board that turns out is a wonderful project and not as tedious as I once imagined it would be. Way back when, Warlokk using his talents in meshing, began a lengthy project creating Body Shapes. As most know it was a vastly imaginative project that sparked a lot of interests, it even made me pull Milkshape out of the mothballs and create a Body Shape of my own that I released through M and M Needful Things Sims board, the main difference with mine was I always wondered why elders had to look so bad...After all not every older person beyond the age of child bearing was so 'frumpy' so my project at least gave them slightly better bodies...the downfall of bodyshapes and why I quit using all but mine was, how to find the freaking clothes for that shape in the game...*argh* This new project while a bit tedious as you have to use SimPE and open ever article of clothing in the body set, and then you make 2 simple changes and when done, the outfits appear in your catalog minus the CC mark *, and it has a small logo stamped on the catalog pic so you know at a glance what outfit goes with what bodyshape!

Anyway enough rambling on by me! What's going on in Tim's game these days? 7255 What's going on in Tim's game these days? 319331 What's going on in Tim's game these days? 912276
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 9:50 pm

I have some neutral lip/eye make-up in my game that works for males or females. I wish I could tell you were I downloaded them from, but I don't remember anymore. You might ask Toni. She zipped up a bunch of neutral make-ups for me and someone else one time, she might still have the collection she's downloaded zipped up somewhere.

That's really cool that you know how to mesh. I attempted it once or twice, but could never get the hang of milkshape. I would be willing to give retexturing it a try. It's been a long time since I've tried making clothing for the games.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 3:38 pm

SimEm wrote:
I have some neutral lip/eye make-up in my game that works for males or females. I wish I could tell you were I downloaded them from, but I don't remember anymore. You might ask Toni. She zipped up a bunch of neutral make-ups for me and someone else one time, she might still have the collection she's downloaded zipped up somewhere.

That's really cool that you know how to mesh. I attempted it once or twice, but could never get the hang of milkshape. I would be willing to give retexturing it a try. It's been a long time since I've tried making clothing for the games.

Thank you Em! I will contact Toni and see if she can help me there, and thanks for the interest in my project.

Milkshape isn't too difficult, it just takes some time and practice. I had created a quick and dirty tutorial for using MS for altering TS2 meshes, it use to be up on the InSimenator site, but I think it was removed a long time ago...I could probably post it up here if anyone would be interested...just have to dig it out of the mothballs. lol
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 4:32 pm

You might also search MTS for neutral make up or male make up.

I'm sure someone might be interested in your tutorial. Last time I had milkshape installed was too computers ago. I do still have the license information on my work e-mail. I thought for sure it was on an e-mail address I didn't have before, but it's there from 2004. laughin
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 4:41 pm

Tim wrote:
Also I have been working on a mesh the last couple of days as a belated Christmas gift for Sugah's Place...

Oh, how thoughtful of you, Tim! I am honored and thrilled that you are creating a mesh exclusively for Sugah's Place.
WOW!!! Thank you so much in advance! What's going on in Tim's game these days? 817176

Quote :
I suck at best when it comes to graphics on the computer and coloring period...So I am looking for someone who would like to team up and if they like the project create some 'real' outfits for the mesh. Sorry can't say what it is right now, will discuss it privately with you if you are interested and share a screen cap with you, but by saying your interested you are declaring that you will keep it secret until it has been revealed on the board even if you decide it's not your cup of tea! lol

I was going to offer to help you, but since it needs to be kept a secret from ME (I'm guessing What's going on in Tim's game these days? 598258 ), then I'm probably not the candidate to assist you with the texturing for your new mesh.
Sims clothing is NOT my strong point, as most of my members know, but I am always wanting to improve my fashion skills.
You can see the extent of my meager talent in La Petite Boutique to get an idea.
I am quite limited in the photoskinning department, but again, care a lot about improving. What's going on in Tim's game these days? 12612

I'd be willing to see what kind of textures I could come up with for your new mesh, if you're wanting to reveal your secret project to me sooner than you'd originally planned. girlwinkin
If we work on this together, I might feature it in our La Petite Boutique, which is a department that could definitely use some beefing up! What's going on in Tim's game these days? 940149

Just a thought...
Let's see if anyone else comes forward to assist you with this endeavor, good sir!
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 5:32 pm

Sugah wrote:
Tim wrote:
Also I have been working on a mesh the last couple of days as a belated Christmas gift for Sugah's Place...

Oh, how thoughtful of you, Tim! I am honored and thrilled that you are creating a mesh exclusively for Sugah's Place.
WOW!!! Thank you so much in advance! What's going on in Tim's game these days? 817176

Quote :
I suck at best when it comes to graphics on the computer and coloring period...So I am looking for someone who would like to team up and if they like the project create some 'real' outfits for the mesh. Sorry can't say what it is right now, will discuss it privately with you if you are interested and share a screen cap with you, but by saying your interested you are declaring that you will keep it secret until it has been revealed on the board even if you decide it's not your cup of tea! lol

I was going to offer to help you, but since it needs to be kept a secret from ME (I'm guessing What's going on in Tim's game these days? 598258 ), then I'm probably not the candidate to assist you with the texturing for your new mesh.
Sims clothing is NOT my strong point, as most of my members know, but I am always wanting to improve my fashion skills.
You can see the extent of my meager talent in La Petite Boutique to get an idea.
I am quite limited in the photoskinning department, but again, care a lot about improving. What's going on in Tim's game these days? 12612

I'd be willing to see what kind of textures I could come up with for your new mesh, if you're wanting to reveal your secret project to me sooner than you'd originally planned. girlwinkin
If we work on this together, I might feature it in our La Petite Boutique, which is a department that could definitely use some beefing up! What's going on in Tim's game these days? 940149

Just a thought...
Let's see if anyone else comes forward to assist you with this endeavor, good sir!

I would be very happy if you want to work on it! Keeping it secret from you would be nice, but mainly just to keep it as a surprise from anyone not working on it is more important...And btw, the first texture I saw Em make of it, was looking preeeeety sweet! I might be able to make a violin, but I can't play it worth a dang! lol I've still got some tweaks to make to it, as I told Em, in game I was seeing some clipping issues, but that isn't hard to fix.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 6:11 pm

I didn't realize Em was already on the case, Tim.
I think that's wonderful!
And I'm glad you are very pleased with the texturing Em has done already.
Bravo to you BOTH!

dancintrio
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 6:46 pm

Sugah wrote:
I didn't realize Em was already on the case, Tim.
I think that's wonderful!
And I'm glad you are very pleased with the texturing Em has done already.
Bravo to you BOTH!

dancintrio

So do I send you a copy to work on too? hehe What's going on in Tim's game these days? 344738
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 11:35 am

Whatever became of this project, Tim?
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 1:59 pm

Wow...just now seeing your last comment Sugah...lol Sorry about that. It kind of dieded. Because of trying to use transparency the color on the transparent mesh bleeds over onto the under lying mesh because both meshes were getting their textures from the same area. I had experimented with reducing the texture size of the transparency and moving it's texture area to a different spot, which worked, but then it stretched the texture x2 to fit the mesh and that made the mesh look nasty. I was so discouraged by it I gave it up for a bit to re-think and then forgot it...verklempt 
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 4:35 pm

Funny Man Tim wrote:
It kind of dieded.
Dieded!!! What's going on in Tim's game these days? 99672 I love it!!!

No need to apologize for not seeing my post, Tim.
I can't tell you how often I discover posts from members that are months old! Rolling Eyes 

I understand completely about getting frustrated with a project, having to step away and then, forgetting about it, believe me! What's going on in Tim's game these days? 85797 

I AM glad, however, that you posted in your game antics thread.
After 5 months, we tend to close them up if there isn't any activity.

BTW, what's been going on in your game lately? Any updates you'd like to share?
Projects you're working on? New hoods? Gaming fun?
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 6:27 pm

Nothing of late, hadn't been in the mood...now I am in the mood but I have been so worn out trying to get things ready for the remodeling and the sewer...I've still got some things to finish...I will be so glad when the windows are in...then I might be able to relax a little. What's going on in Tim's game these days? 99672 
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 6:37 pm

I hear ya, buddy! Real life can really jack with our virtual worlds sometimes, can't it? What's going on in Tim's game these days? 97206 

And yes, windows are always a plus... What's going on in Tim's game these days? 99672 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's going on in Tim's game these days?
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next