Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

What's going on in Tim's game these days?

Go down 
+7
mac
SandySimmer
SimEm
Savannah94
Sugah
ilikefishfood
Grykon
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 10:26 am

How did I miss that adorable toddler last year? What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 993625099
He is one darling boy and I love that he is the child of Hermoine and Harry Potter.
I have always thought it should've been those two who got together, not Hermoine & Ron! What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 971462
I'd love to see what James Serious Potter looks like as he grows.

I am excited about the new mesh you are creating for SP, Tim, but am sorry you are having so much trouble with it.
I believe Aaron is new to meshing objects, so I don't know if he'd be able to offer assistance.
I've been needing to do more for La Petite Boutique, so maybe this month I will recolor holiday versions of your teen baby doll mesh! I've been wanting to showcase your fabulous, exclusive fashion mesh for Sugah's since you created it.
But, like you, I struggle with textures, so Sims clothing doesn't come easy to me! No

That being said .... What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 55638
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 2:14 pm

Sugah wrote:
How did I miss that adorable toddler last year? What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 993625099
He is one darling boy and I love that he is the child of Hermoine and Harry Potter.
I have always thought it should've been those two who got together, not Hermoine & Ron! What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 971462
I'd love to see what James Serious Potter looks like as he grows.

I am excited about the new mesh you are creating for SP, Tim, but am sorry you are having so much trouble with it.
I believe Aaron is new to meshing objects, so I don't know if he'd be able to offer assistance.
I've been needing to do more for La Petite Boutique, so maybe this month I will recolor holiday versions of your teen baby doll mesh! I've been wanting to showcase your fabulous, exclusive fashion mesh for Sugah's since you created it.
But, like you, I struggle with textures, so Sims clothing doesn't come easy to me! No

That being said .... What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 55638

Thanks Sugah! I need to get back in game and get them out of College...lol I had read an interview somewhere that JK admitted she really thought Harry and Hermoine should have been together. lol

I'm just not sure what I did that's causing the issue, it's a underlying mesh clipping through the upper one, but there should be more then enough room between them that it doesn't happen...Plus when I put some of it together I forgot to adjust where the texture would get it's coloring from, so it shares spots with other parts so it's really hard to separate. I look forward to seeing what you do!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 4:13 pm

Tim wrote:
I had read an interview somewhere that JK admitted she really thought Harry and Hermoine should have been together.

You know, I think I read that somewhere, too, Tim! If only...
Would love to see how your Harry, Hermoine and darling James end up.
Maybe someday you'll return to playing, as I hope to do SOON! What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 266736
I've yet to install the Holiday Stuff Pack. I am looking forward to Christmas in my Tres Lagos 'hood! What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 12612

Tim, I sent a PM to Russ on your behalf. He has been meshing Sims clothing for awhile now.
I directed him to your most recent post in this thread.
Perhaps he might be able to help with your meshing problem?
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 9:43 pm

Santa is pretty cool! lol The Sims reaction is great!

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 2:56 pm

I actually fired up the game last night...I wanted to get them out of college...2 things about University...never again will I have a kid in there...lol If a child ages to teen at the university, the game will auto age them to young adult within a few minutes...2 I don't think I will ever play university again. I played them through graduation, since both were grads I figured when I would move them out, only the first one would have to select and then get a dialog asking me if anyone was going with them...nope...have to do separately and if you don't have another young adult there and you have kids(apparently she was pregnant when I left it last time and I didn't realize it, so they had another child, Albus Severus), it won't let you move out...So I grabbed someone who was standing there, added them to the family and moved, saved and back to neighborhood, Sims aren't there...So I go back to the university lot and they aren't in the bin there either...check the house, says they are still there, so I go into the house and it reset it back to where I picked it up at first last night...oh I was so mad...So I pulled the cheats and got through through and out fast...this time it worked saving wise...Got them back into Veronaville and into the same house and married, she hasn't had the 2nd child yet.
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 6:05 pm

Sorry you had trouble with Uni. I personally love to send my Sims there :) I think there are mods to make the terms shorter though? Maybe you could try those. Glad it all worked out good in the end too! Also, I understand the BatBox can give you the option to have had a Sim graduate and get a degree!
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 6:15 pm

Thanks Sandy, yea, I need a new option so I don't have to send my sims there, or at least an option where they go from home and I never have to go to the Uni lot! lol
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 8:35 pm

Hi Tim,

I don't know about any hack which will allow a sim to get the benefits of uni without actually going there, but The Sims College Adjuster will at least allow you to get away with just playing the second semester of the senior year. (That's about all of uni that I can stand! For me, college was about studying, not rah rah What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 971462 )
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:04 pm

If You are using the Sim Manipulator You can also set the Semester with that, It's under the Academics menu. Along with hours til final as well grade.
Back to top Go down
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 10:38 am

Tim, here's the link to the BatBox, see what you think :) http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=72.0

Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 12:35 pm

Tim, it's so great reading that you are playing again! WOOT!
I am so happy to learn you fired up your game the other night. Yaaay! What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 687310

I don't play with Uni, nor have I ever, but I've definitely heard both positive and negative opinions on the EP.
Some people love it and others seem to think it's a pain in the patootie (takes far too long to get students through, is tedious and tiresome, etc., etc).
I see you are among the ranks of the latter. What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 226245

Thank you, Mac, Sandy and Aaron for your input regarding the above issues with Uni.
I bet many a (RL) college student out there would've LOVED to get through at warp speed.
While others, would have been perfectly happy to remain as professional students!!! What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 344738
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 1:22 pm

Good Golly Miss Molly...that thing has a lot of things it does...most of it, I was like...people have had these problems?!? One thing I like is the randomize Sim generator...LOL

Aaron, I was checking and while I have the manipulator...it is missing from my game...I still got the old insim in there...going to pull it out and put in the manipulator...could have sworn I did that before.

It was kind of weird, I didn't mention...when it transitioned Hermione to adult (the first time), it actually changed her body type...I had downloaded some body types to check out for the game and it gave her this super busty/hippy form and I was like...ummm...what just happened? I didn't know the game would actually do that...or did something get corrupted and it did the best it could? Plus I am thinking I might need to ax the body types...sometimes it is a pain. lol
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 1:47 pm

Some of our reactions to uni may depend on where the YA's come from. A YA created in uni starts with a clean slate and has to build all sorts of skills just to graduate. The YA's in uni that I play with started as babies, learned a lot of skills playing as toddlers, learned more as children, even more as teens (which I usually cut short in time). By the time they get to uni they have a lot of skills - and I have a major in mind and make sure they have the skills already for the second semester of their senior year (which is the only semester I play). They do tend to enter life as an adult with all sorts of advantages over adults just imported or created, they have 5-6 want slots, maybe an extra lock, and level 4-6 in their chosen career (even 8 one time).

So there are three possibilities: Start as an adult, Start as a YA, Start as a baby. All with different outcomes, and the YA/baby difference in uni is big.

When I was in college, if a cheerleader or some idiot in a cow suit had interrupted my studying I would have thrown them out unceremoniously! What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 971462 (And streaking hadn't been invented yet! laughin)
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 3:53 pm

What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 99672 @ Mac!!!

Well I did play Uni once before Harry and Hermione...and I don't recall it being as bad as this time...Not sure what the real difference was, don't recall it being that hard to get them out...I'm thinking one or more of the controllers had just gotten messed up and the game just couldn't sort it out right so it did what it could and reset everything...I think I would just prefer a college option that is like the reg. school...the kid stays home and goes to college everyday or maybe, they go for the week and come home on the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 10:13 pm

I like Uni because it's a little extra time to work on skills. In my old game, I used a mod that changed the semester to 24 or 48 hours. Now I have the Sim Manipulator, so I haven't reinstalled the old mod. I also used to use the MATY BatBox to add want slots and locks to townies that my Sims married, so they wouldn't be deprived of some of the benefits of Uni.

In my last hood before I got the new computer, I tried to take the whole game more slowly and enjoy some of the life stages I usually rush through. I left the Uni semesters at the game level and used the extra time to have my YAs socialize more and develop hobbies. If I had started with a baby and worked on skills and then took the kids to Uni, 80-90% of the time they'd graduate with all their skills maxed out.

I'm not sure yet how I'm going to do it my new hood.
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 10:29 pm

I hear you there Cher...Starting over can be a blessing and a curse...You do know the Manipulator does the locks and extra slots too right? I had it crash my game 2x tonight...I'm not sure what is going on there. I was looking at that link I posted in the questions section about Simlogical's alternate school mods...I'm interesting in that prep school mod, if what I made out in SimPE, it looks like the kids/teens can gain skills while at school...I might try it and then work on what is going on with the Manipulator.
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 6:51 pm

*ARGH* I think my whole Veronaville is bugged...And that is where Harry and Hermione are living!!! If I move them out of their house to the bin, can I put them in another neighborhood? I noticed some of the Sims in the bin seem to move between hoods, but not all. Not sure what has caused this...I've canceled a number of mods trying to figure something out, but I can't think of any that hadn't been in there for quite a long time now...Well after removing the Simlogical school files and the Manipulator...Sucks cause I just got their house all laid out and decorated the way I want...frustration! lol
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 10:27 pm

That's very much a possibility Tim, Both Pleasantview and Veronaville came with the game bugged. So it's only a matter of time before they get corrupted. In reality it's possible to transfer the sims to a new neighborhood. That is You basically place the lot the sims live in to the lot bin, Which would allow any neighborhood to access the sims. However I wouldn't recommend doing that  since it would corrupt the new neighborhood the sims are transferred to.

There is a second way to save your sims and prevent corruption. However it will only save the physical part of the sim. All skills points, personality points, memories would be lost. You can read more about it here

Do know it's possible to clean up Pleasantview and Veronaville with SimPe, But I am unsure of the details.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 10:45 pm

Just for my information... How do you mean "bugged"? What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 553217
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 10:48 pm

I don't know first hand, But from what I remember Jase(the creator of the Inteen)saying that basically some of the data behind the scenes was created incorrectly.
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 10:54 am

Well, when I go to Veronaville and click a house, it takes several moments(1 minute+) before it pops up the family window, a number of times it just crashes instead of pulling up the family window. When I go into the one lot, it will crash within 1 minute(RT) of unpausing the game, H n H's house, maybe 2 minutes...I'm going to try pulling out a number of mods and see if anything changes...This is driving me crazy...only good news is, it's so close I can walk back from Crazy. lol
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 3:50 pm

Can't find the culprit...I went to Pleasantville (My normal hood to play) and I moved the Burbs from the bin to a house and played it non-stop for about 2 hours...Well a few pauses, played long enough for their daughter to age to teen...So what, 6 days? I even had their daughter walk to school the first day...Like the other two houses in Veronaville...Though it did finally crash shortly after she turned into a teen. There was one other problem...one of my Sims, the adult Angela Pleasant, she is like cousin of Jennifer and I thought, hey, she'd be a good one to have come over and get that friend request of Jen's taken care of real quick...She got stuck entering the lot...couldn't come on up to the house, couldn't go out and talk to her, I tried possessing her and having her teleport to another spot, but she just started spinning in the spot...So I depossessed her and turned on move objects on and deleted her...She came back a couple of times and was stuck every time. I did find a had a couple of duplicate mods in the game, somehow had them in 2 different folders, so I trashed one copy of each mod, then did the same for all other custom content. It's funny how many people made a copy of someone else's work and passed it off as their own...Clean Installer wasn't fooled though. lol
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 4:59 pm

Well, I'm guessing Veronaville is dead to me...Still can't figure out the crash...it appears to happen right at about the time that vistors come over on the first day...12:05-12:10 I've thought about jumping the clock forward an hour but last time I did that, the lot's time was messed up for nanny services...I guess some time later I could try jumping it back an hour...I dunno. Just kind of frustrated and fed up with it. New sims in other hoods work fine, just something about Veronaville and I think it might have something to do with the Monty household...I've even thought about deleting that house...
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:00 pm

I've been playing off and on for years now and have never heard of the problems with Veronaville being buggy! What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 62525
This is news to me.
As most of you know, I play with hardly any hacks/mods, so I am not familiar with those some of you use or any problems that might accompany the hacks/mods.

I was on a real Veronaville playing spree when I first bought Sims 2 many moons ago, Tim.
I don't recall having any problems with that 'hood, but it's been so long since I've played any of the original Maxis neighborhoods. I am sorry you are having so many issues with it.
What a bummer! Just when you have returned to the game and are really starting to play!
A super big bummer is, losing Harry and Hermoine and the life & home you built for them. What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 971462
What makes you think the Monty lot might be the problem, btw?
Have you decided to delete that lot and try again?

Cher wrote:
I tried to take the whole game more slowly and enjoy some of the life stages I usually rush through...

I really need to get better at that, Cher.
Sometimes, I am so anxious for my Sims to improve skills and get promotions, I don't take time to really sit, observe & ENJOY the game ... rather than rushing them through to the next career level at triple speed! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 8:22 pm

I actually resolved/worked around the problem for Harry and Hermione! I went into the house and jumped the time up 1 hour, waited for 2 hours to pass and then set it back an hour...it was something to do with the welcoming committee coming to visit. Not sure why or what...But every house there I have gone too, if a Monty showed up, it crashed...Now I just got to get back in and play...Hermione had their 2nd baby while I messed with it...a baby girl, named her Lilly (after Harry's mom) Molly (after Mrs. Wesley, I love the Wesleys too much!) lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's going on in Tim's game these days?
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next