Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Miscellaneous Archived News

Go down 
+34
beckylynn2109
mac
ilikefishfood
Riverwillows
clc
soloaris
Christa
AdriannaSimmie
xLqdDrmsx
Nonni
Nancy01905
VaDixiegal
ChocklitKiss
Patrick
Pierre
Ullwera
wulfpaw248
Astral Faery
Hobbes
LabCat
MARTHA!
debra
SimEm
Fitzie
autumnelle
juicyjudith
CallyDreaming
andrewplay599
tinhouse
irisheyz
L.J
Caleb_71
Hunter
Sugah
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 12:28 pm

Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 912276 Congrats Sugah!!!! I know I haven't been on here long but you are so sweet and have made me feel so welcome!!!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 3:07 pm

I love it that you are here with us, AS!
Thank you for the kind words & for being a part of this little forum. Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 319331
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Hobbes

Hobbes

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 4:44 pm

Congrats on 1000 members, Sugah. Though 500 of them are most likely one post bandits, you deserve the fame!
Back to top Go down
http://hobbes.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 1:42 pm

You're blowing me kisses!

Can blow kisses to you too?!!?

If so, Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 338947
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 1:45 pm

Honey, I'll take those smooches and raise you a few! Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 11086
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 1:54 pm

My goodness!!

I'm blushing.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Thyme2Sim Is Closing June 1, 2010   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 4:22 pm

This is their message dated April 6, 2010:

We have enjoyed sharing our enthusiasm for The Sims with everyone these past two years. Donna and I have both gone through life changing events as 2009 was drawing to a close, and although we continue to get new members regularly, the decrease in activity and interest for both games is very noticeable on the forums so we are ready to channel our energy in other directions. Please note there will be no further updates.

We'd like to express our gratitude to our precious friend Peter (Database) for his role in building the dream of having our own site to a reality....to Steven (HarshReality) for all his help (and patience) maintaining the site for us this past year. He quickly became more than just a "techie", but a valued and dear friend as well...and to our wonderful staff members - past (Crystal, Little Miss, Ed, Betsy, and Jen) and present (Allison, Laurie and Anika) for their contributions, which were always appreciated.

To our members, thank you for spending this time with us and we hope we've all helped to bring you items that made your game more enjoyable.

To new guests, registration is not - nor has it ever been - required to download (it was only for posting on our forums) , so it is not necessary to join should you see anything you like before we close.

Our very own Laurie will be hosting files for Donna, Anika, Betsy, and myself at his site Simtopia. He will also have the information boards for the games and the Buy/Build lists for the EPs and SPs. Anika (sessiepook) will be joining him on staff there as Creator.

Registration is NOT required at Simtopia to enjoy their downloads, but as so many good sites have closed recently due to lack of interest, it would be nice if those who do join would participate even on the smallest level...share your joys and frustrations with the game(s)...join in the challenges...say thank you now and then!!

Should there be any further news to report on our closing, it will be posted here.
Back to top Go down
Christa

Christa

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:32 pm

This is so sad . When thyme first opened I played the New beginnings challenge {Marrianne Regretit}. It was so much fun. I'm sad to see it go.
Back to top Go down
http://temptedsims.webs.com/
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:38 pm

I agree with you, Christa. I used to hang out at T2S and enjoyed my time with the folks there.
I figured this was coming, as one of the admins mentioned there was a lack of interest lately and many had moved on to other things.
I am always sad to see Sims forums close, but am glad Laurie at Simtopia will be hosting some of T2S fine downloads.

Thyme 2 Sim, you will be missed! Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 621122

Thank you for sharing this info with us, Ed. I appreciate it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:43 pm

You're welcome.

Thyme2Sim is where we met.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 2:35 pm

Is it, Ed??? Is THAT where we met??? I did not remember that!
I guess that means it has a bit of sentimental value for you and I then, huh? Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 7255
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:06 pm

Yep! That's where we met. I was asking you about Texas. That's also where you invited me to Basic.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 7:29 pm

And the rest, as they say, is history! Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 344738
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 7:38 pm

Very true! Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 344738
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:51 am

I need to get over there and spend a bit of time before they close the forum down once and for all.
They were always so kind and friendly to me there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Something About Free Hair Meshes   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 2:02 pm

This might be of interest to people that want to upload Sims:

Found it over at Synaptic Sim

http://s11.zetaboards.com/SynapticSims_Lair/topic/7272511/1/
Back to top Go down
soloaris

soloaris

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 3:31 pm

Thank you Edward, and Its nice to see you back Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 837249
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:39 pm

Thanks for that new info. Hmmm, interesting.
Back to top Go down
Hunter

Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 3:26 pm

You know me.......I would like to adhere to creator's rules - but I will not.

I provide meshes only because sites disappear left and right and then the meshes are gone forever. Often sites disappear without explanation - poof - they're just gone. And yes, I know it's the creators stuff and it should be theirs to do with what they wish - BUT - WHY create and post on a site IF YOU DON'T want your work shared and enjoyed by all?

I refuse to adhere to all of these ridiculous pay site rules. They're ridiculous. IF a site owner who's mesh I've used ever approaches me with their nonsense - I'll gladly tell them to their lawyer to contact my lawyer and we'll ALL contact EA's lawyers. Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 594374
Back to top Go down
http://basicforsims.forummotion.com/
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 3:49 pm

Dear Hunter wrote:
I'll gladly tell them to their lawyer to contact my lawyer and we'll ALL contact EA's lawyers.

Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 99672 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 99672 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 99672
Back to top Go down
soloaris

soloaris

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 5:12 pm

Well said hunter Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 12612
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 6:35 pm

I try to honor the policies of those who create meshes for objects.
If creators do not allow their meshes to be included with recolors, I simply opt not to use theirs.
I also do not use donation items/pay items in my Sim models.
If something slips past me and I use a pay/donation item in one of my Sims, it was unintentional.

This is just MY policy, of course.

I completely agree with Hunter:

Quote :
I provide meshes only because sites disappear left and right and then the meshes are gone forever.

That DOES create a big problem...And it can be quite frustrating.

I've fallen in love with a recolor of an object but can not download it, because the mesher's site is no longer up.
Finding the mesh when it's not included with the recolors is often a huge chore and not terribly worth it.
If we get lucky, the meshes of the creators' sites that are no more, may be hosted at the Graveyard or elsewhere.
Incidently, has Sims 2 Graveyard closed down?
It doesn't pull up for me any longer. I tried today AND last week, I believe.
Anyone know if it's still up and running?

I also include meshes to keep the downloading experience more quick and painless for my members.
That's the way I prefer downloading ... one stop shopping ... so I like to offer the same to the good folks who visit Sugah's Place.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Welcome, Adrianna, our new featured creator!   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:43 pm

Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 37797 Some good news to share...

I'd like you all to help me extend a warm welcome to our dear Adrianna, who will be joining Sugah's Place as a feature creator.
Adrianna (aka Jen) has agreed to contribute regularly to The Modeling Agency along with Astral Faery and myself.

I am thrilled to have her as part of our tiny team and look forward to her sharing many beautiful Sims with our members here.
Thank you, Jen, for joining us. It's a pleasure to welcome you aboard.

Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 366915 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 981739 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 366915
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:55 pm

Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 Herz Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 701517 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 130744

I am so happy to be here and thrilled about this!!
Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 EmptySat May 01, 2010 3:59 pm

Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 55638 Adrianna!

That was very good news! Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 950802
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous Archived News
Page 9 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next