Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Sugah's Sim Antics

Go down 
+20
mac
Cher64
Aaroneous
maikkij
twerplina
Grykon
butterflyunion
beckylynn2109
ilikefishfood
bdhfsbp23
Pierre
clc
Ullwera
CallyDreaming
AdriannaSimmie
Hunter
Nonni
Caleb_71
soloaris
autumnelle
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 8:57 am

Hubby's flight back home was canceled last night due to severe weather in our area (hail, flood and thunderstorm warnings, tornadoes, etc etc).
So, while he was safe and snug in his hotel room in OKC, I braved the D-FW storms in the company of the Benoit family.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 598258

Both Veronica and Clayton have now reached the top of their careers.
He's a Hall of Famer earning $3033 daily.
She's a Prestidigitator (I admit, I had to look that one up  laughin ) earning $3105.
Needless to say, their bank account is quite padded, even with all the home improvements.

Here's Lady Benoit on promotion day.

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 Benoit_Veronica-Pestidigitator_zps85qo4itr

The couple had been wanting to expand their family.

Veronica trying to find her center while carrying child #2.

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 Benoit_Veronica_Meditating-Child2Due_zps8ipmtyfx

Welcome, Dion!!!

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 Benoit_WelcomeDion_zpspp1jcm2j

(I shared a toddler snapshot of Dion & an image of Desireé, now a teen, in my Offspring Project Thread earlier.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 584675 )

These Tres Lagos kids have the coolest nannies!
Here's Nanny Karen swinging Desireé around by the pool.

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 Benoit_NannyKarenSwingingDesiree_zps4eeztws0

Lovin' the tender moments of the game, even after all these years.
"Daddy's home!!!" Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 508493

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 Benoit_DaddysHome_zps7d0bkdpy

Yes, the Benoits bribed the head master so Desireé could get into private school.
The "neighborhood admin" (as Mac calls us Pixel People Gods Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 97206 ) can not abide sucking up to that puffed up, pompous, snooty, impossible-to-please head school master.  
So, it's worth it to slip him the $5000 Simoleons to get the kiddos into Tres Lagos Lakeside Prep Academy. Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 738528

Desireé is currently an A+ student and has just joined the Military (career).
She's a Fitness Sim and very active, neat & outgoing (Aries).

I'm enjoying this family, but am missing the Kings, Benedettos & Haeven brood.
Hoping to spend some time with one or two of those fams next...
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 11:04 am

I'm loving the Aussie-island girl back story there Sugah! Well played! Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 422794

To those who don't know the whole exciting tale, I met Jayce here at Sugah's (he's got a thread around here somewhere too) and we started a Skype courtship! He eventually moved to the Caribbean from Australia, and we're now married! We celebrated our first anniversary in January! All thanks to Sugah's Place!!! dancintrio

Back to your beautiful sim children though Sugah! Wow! Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 461171

I do the same thing with my main hood and shopping district's seasons too, as they're sub-tropical. I have 3 summers and a spring (for the rainy season). My main uni hood is dessert, so that's got 4 summers.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 11:39 am

I'm still blown away that SP is the place you met your Aussie hubby of over one year now, Island Girl! Tres Romantique!!! Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 508493
I'm so pleased you approve of Aussie Will and Caribbean Gal Anaïs' back story, Lady T. I love you

PS Your handsome Clayton is a highly successful Hall of Famer Fortune Sim with a nice house, gorgeous wife and 2 great kids in my Tres Lagos 'hood.
He's a doll!!! Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 940149
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 4:26 pm

Congratulations to Veronica and Clayton on maxing their careers!!

Sugah wrote:
Welcome, Dion!!!
He is a cutie!

Thanks for the links to the bed and crib recolors! I love you

Love the yoga pic and Nanny Karen! I love you
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 5:48 pm

Tres Lagos really does have the best nannies! They're much better than my Pirri Pirri (the last hood I played before getting the new computer) nanny who sat watching TV while dirty diapers were on the floor, flies were on the dirty dishes, and the baby was on the floor.

The Benoits are developing into a lovely family. I love the home-from-work hug and how the kids coming running out for it.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 8:07 pm

Thank you for visiting my game antics thread, ladies. Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 70330

Believe me, Cher, I've had some really crappy, useless, good-for-nothin' nannies in my 'hood in the past.  Rolling Eyes
I don't know if this is a coinky dink or not but it seems if my family makes friends with the nannies, hangs out with them after work and tips them ...
The nannies don't ignore their kiddos or leave dirty diapers and bottles everywhere.
I've had some nannies in previous games that play on the computer, go swimming or do just about anything rather than tending to the little ones!
They don't last long on the job, needless to say. Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 971462

Did you catch a glimpse of the Benoit's gorgeous cat Lady Luv?
I can't remember where I downloaded her from, but she has to be one of my all time fave custom kitties!  wow!
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 10:09 am

Lady S. wrote:
So, while he was safe and snug in his hotel room in OKC, I braved the D-FW storms in the company of the Benoit family.

You're braver than I am if you're playing during lightning storms! After my SIL had, in two incidents, two telephones blow off the wall and a computer explode, I started unplugging mine. They live out in the country with lots of trees, and both times lightning struck a tree near the house. Some years back, I stood on the front porch and watched lightning strike a tree across the street, so I don't feel any safer in town. laughin

Have you had a nanny yet who seems determined to fatten up the kiddies? I've had one who just kept serving meals. She was expensive and annoying!

The Benoit's cat is gorgeous. I only have a few custom pets in my game. A Vizsla dog, a Sheepdog, three colors of Abyssinian cats, a Rottweiler, some other kind of dog, and Goddess (you know her as Minxie in your game).
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 9:31 am

Woah! That's all a little too close for comfort with the lightening, Lady C.
I don't think we had the light show...Just wind and lotsa rain and noise (thunder).

Quote :
Have you had a nanny yet who seems determined to fatten up the kiddies? I've had one who just kept serving meals. She was expensive and annoying!

The Benoit's Nanny Karen, I believe, tends to grill pork ribs & make Hawaiian pizza on her own.
A couple times I have seen her leaving the grill with a serving plate full of food or have found pizza sitting on the counter top that I didn't ask anyone to make. Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 97206
I don't mind, since the Benoits now have more money than the Rockefellers.
I just have someone put it in the fridge. My Sims all like leftovers.  girlwinkin

Last night, I visited the Haevens (Zen, Evie & Celeste).
Evie is now at the top of her career in Intelligence (SCIA).
Zen has been the Hand of Poseidon for awhile.
I changed Celeste's personality, as she didn't seem much like a Gemini to me.
In fact, quite the opposite! So, I made her a Virgo.
She's nicer now and quite the darling.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 12612

A new family member is on the way!  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 366915

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 Zen-Evie_OUCH-Baby2_zpsk52gybbm

A day before the new Haeven babe arrived, Celeste morphed into a lovely teen.
(I shared a teen snapshot & a couple of pics of her new sibling in my Offspring thread HERE. Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 584675)

I had it in my mind that Celeste, a Knowledge Sim, would be my first Tres Lago Medical Professional.
But her heart's desire is to be the Hand of Poseidon, just like her beloved dad.
Awwww!!! Such a daddy's girl!  I love you

Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 EmptySat May 02, 2015 7:17 am

With Celeste & Desireé now teenagers already (where does the time go? verklempt ), I wanted my first round of siblings in Tres Lagos to sort of grow up together.
So, I spent some time with Anthony, KimberLee, Mia, Anna, Isabella & Celestino  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 922586 - the Benedetto brood - last night in hopes of seeing Isabella enter her teen years.

Well, no such luck.
However, I did capture some neat moments. I love you

I love the whole random tucking in thing this game has going on, don't you?

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 Benedetto_TenderMoments_zpsfwidtb4z

Has it been so long that I've had teens & kids simultaneously in a household...
That I'd forgotten they have an option to snuggle on the couch together???  
I LOVE this!

Anna & Isabella have snuggle time while mommy looks on.
Tender moments.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 508493

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 Benedetto_Anna-Isabella_Snuggling_zpsrxwcb30h

You may recall Anthony was abducted and impregnated by aliens (not one of his best days Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 598258 ).

Here's Mia with Celestino.
He ain't heavy. He's my (alien) brother.
Yikes!!! affraid

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 Benedetto_AintAlien-Brother_zpsk7l2fpoq

I've mentioned before how much I like Mia & Anna as teens. They are such sweet, darling girls.
So, I've been giving them the Elixer of Life to prolong their teenage years in the Benedetto household.
I'll know when the time is right for them to grow into adults.
But that time is not now. Old Sugah isn't ready for them to leave their family's nest yet.  No

Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 EmptySat May 02, 2015 10:00 am

Quote :

That's one of my favorite autonomous interactions.

Quote :
That I'd forgotten they have an option to snuggle on the couch together???  

I didn't know they could do that! I didn't know the toddlers could "huggle" until my SIL told me a few years ago.

Let's hope Celestino grows into his looks, though I'm not sure if that will be a good thing or a bad thing. Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 598258

Quote :
So, I've been giving them the Elixer of Life to prolong their teenage years in the Benedetto household.

Awww. That's nice. They're good kids and it's a good time for them to learn a lot and get close to their younger siblings.

I use an aging mod that also includes the option for kids to have the summer off. They can still go to summer school if necessary, but having the summer off allows them more time to build skills and interact more with the family. I often have extended family over during that time so the kids can really get to know their grandparents and cousins.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 11:39 am

Sugah wrote:
It's truly an amazing coincidence, but I agree that he totally shouts "I'm an Aussie, mates!" with the whole thing he's got goin' on.

I know we talked about this before, but I'm glad he gave off that Australian vibe, since I that's what I was going for. Since he's a blond surfer dude, he had to be either Australian or Californian. So it was a 50/50 chance. laughin

It sounds like little Callista came along just when she was meant too. I think I mentioned this in your other thread, but I really like how you decorated their place. Very fitting for them. I like the back story of Nanny Calista being both Will and Callista's nanny and the baby's name sake. My Will (and his slightly older brother) was raised by a single father, so having a nanny or caretaker would have made sense for them too, though I never thought about it before. Calista looks like she's a lot of fun. It's nice when the game gives you a good nanny. In my hood, the main nanny, April Lillard, has been good to my sim kids. She's not interested in cleaning up too much or doing extra work and she does make use of the TV and other things on the job while the babies when they're napping, but she is very attentive to the little ones when they need her.

I moved Anais into my hood as well (sorry, I don't know how to do the special characters.) She's also in the culinary career, but is just starting out. She hasn't had much luck in other areas of her life, but I'm trying to find a happier ending for her. I think I have Will in this hood somewhere. If he's not already romantically involved with someone else, I might need to have them meet and see what happens. Maybe moving her out of my apartment complex that seems to have a problem with fidelity would help.

Lady Luv is a beautiful cat (somehow I missed seeing that post before.) The Benoit's look like they are a very happy and successful family. I love you Very cute moments you caught with the Benedetto family too. So sweet!

I forgot to mention I used the last name King for some of my sims too. Drake and Ava I gave the last name King because they were from Ari's Royal Kingdom Challenge, I believe. Ming and the children took Drake's last name. Ava took Patrick's.

Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 4:27 pm

Em, thank you for leaving such a great response in my game antics thread. Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 817176

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 692371

Quote :
...but I really like how you decorated their place. Very fitting for them.

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 881668

It's small & modest, but it seems to suit them just fine.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 12612
(Although now that Callista has grown into a gorgeous teen, they're going to need another bedroom if the Kings wish to continue to grow their lovely family. And they do.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 940149 )

I'm glad you like the back story with Nanny Calista.
I never used to bother with back stories, but I'm trying to get better about it.
And I think it's neat that in your game, Will and his brother, might've had a nurturing, loving nanny, too (having been raised by a single dad).  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 21650

April Lillard ... Hmmm ... I don't think I recall a nanny by that name.
Did she come with an EP I don't have, maybe?
Nanny Karen and Nanny Calista are the two I recall in my game, but I know there must be others...  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 553217

Anais = Anaïs because I copy and paste it from elsewhere on the web (like HERE). I don't know how to type special characters either, but I'm an expert @ "copy and paste"!  laughin

Again, I thank you for stopping by and for the terrific comments you left, Em.
I am always appreciative of members taking the time to do so.  

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 243713

I was able to play last night for a bit. Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 262201

I don't play in rotations like some folks here do.
I normally just load up my game and get a feel for which family I am in the mood to visit when I play.
Then, I hang out with that family until I either shut down my game for the night or until I'm missing another particular family.

Last night, I spent time with the absolutely lovely Benedettos (again Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 738528): Anthony, KimberLee, Mia, Anna, Isabella and Orion (the alien formerly known as Celestino).
I changed Celestino's name to Orion because I realized I already had a Sim child named Celeste (Evie and Zen's daughter).
The names seemed to alike to me. Anyhoo...

Isabella sharing a secret with her (step) mama (KimberLee).

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 KimberLee_Isabella_Secret_zpsmyjnqnxn

"Don't tell daddy what I got him for Father's Day, but ... !"

I was busy doing other things on the lot and when I looked outside, Anna was pushing Orion & Mia was just chillin' on the new swing set.

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 Benedetto_Swingin_zps6jahytau

I love it when stuff like that just happens on it's own, don't you?  I love you

The ever-growing Benedetto brood needed a new, bigger home.
Though I rather liked their old one, it no longer suited them.

It's a work in progress, but this is what I've done so far.

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 Benedetto_NewAbode_zpsvbf7w91t

The building on the left is where the private quarters where the three teen girls sleep.
They have their own private bathroom, too.
I will try to take more snapshots as I finish the interior.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 584675  

Last edited by Sugah on Fri May 15, 2015 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 5:22 pm

Em wrote:
I like the back story of Nanny Calista being both Will and Callista's nanny and the baby's name sake.

Me too. Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 12612

Quote :
Maybe moving her out of my apartment complex that seems to have a problem with fidelity would help.

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 99672 It probably wouldn't hurt!

Lady S. wrote:
I never used to bother with back stories, but I'm trying to get better about it.

Once again, we're on the same page. I have to fight my urge to play "fast" and just slow down and enjoy my families.

Quote :
"Don't tell daddy what I got him for Father's Day, but ... !"

Oh my stars -- that is the most precious picture!

Quote :
I love it when stuff like that just happens on it's own, don't you?

I do, and now that I'm more willing to relax and see what happens, I get to see more of that kind of thing. A lot of the things involving kids are really special.

Quote :
I will try to take more snapshots as I finish the interior.

Yes, please! I love all that vegetation around the pool area. The plants in front are especially nice, as they give a feeling of privacy and maybe being in a tropical oasis somewhere.

Do you build all your Sims' homes?
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:59 pm

Quote :
April Lillard ... Hmmm ... I don't think I recall a nanny by that name.
Did she come with an EP I don't have, maybe?

I either started this neighborhood (as I have most of mine) with a blank template or using the "deleteAllCharacters" cheat, so it does not have any of the defaults NPCs and townies, so she's unique to this particular hood. There's also a Nanny Kitty in this hood that shows up sometimes when my sims try to dismiss Nanny April when she is not needed.

Quote :
Anais = Anaïs because I copy and paste it from elsewhere on the web (like HERE). I don't know how to type special characters either, but I'm an expert @ "copy and paste"! laughin

Smart! And you must be very dedicated to do so every time! Copy and paste I can do. Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 940149

Normally I play with rotations, because aging sims, particularly siblings is important to me. That is one thing I am picky about. But this time I'm not. I'm just playing whoever I feel like. I started out trying to play everyone evenly, but then I quickly realized there was no need to. There's no reason my starting sims should be or stay the same age. I'm starting to regret it a little bit now that I have siblings and half-siblings in the game. In one of my households I have a toddler that should technically be older than one of the teens since they were conceived first. It puts a crimp in the timeline that's in my head. I'm trying to keep the second generation aged more evenly. I have a general sense of what their birth order should be.

I actually prefer the name Orion to Celestino. (I'm sort of partial to Orion anyway.) I had a similar conflict in my hood. I realized Francesca was closer to Frances than I would have liked, but I liked that name for her too much to go with something else and at that point Frances was already a teen (or close enough to one) and it was too late to change her name. I almost had an Amelie and an Amy born close together too, but I decided to avert that one and went with another name in the latter's case that occurred to me before her birth.

Isabella is still lovely and the gossiping with her step-daughter is very cute. The family's new house is very nice! I'm sure the teens appreciate having their own separate space too! wow!

I've been feeling conflicted about moving some of my sims too. It seems like as soon as I bother to take time and decorate their homes/apartments, I start feeling like they need more space, but I'm hesitant to move them, after I just got their places fixed up. Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 657259
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 12:26 am

Em wrote:
I've been feeling conflicted about moving some of my sims too. It seems like as soon as I bother to take time and decorate their homes/apartments, I start feeling like they need more space, but I'm hesitant to move them, after I just got their places fixed up.

I'm having that same conflict right now. My families are getting too big for their starter homes, but some of them aren't even as fully furnished as they should be.

Quote :
... because aging sims, particularly siblings is important to me. That is one thing I am picky about.

I've been playing the same way for years. When I was playing Pirri Pirri, I even made sure to stagger the Uni students by birth order, making each semester equal to a week in the main hood. I haven't decided how I will do it with Sugah's Pleasantview. I'm thinking I might dump this entire generation into Uni and play them, once they're all there, as if they were the same age. I think it might make it easier to see who they're attracted to. That's where I thought I might add Paloma, the extracted offspring of Toni's Jack and Sugah's Ella.
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 11:05 am

Sugah wrote:

Me too! Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 12612

I love the pool area you decorated for the Benoits, and I was admiring the pretty cat Lady Luv!

Nanny Karen looks like she is great to have around!

I think the Benedetto's are sure to be very happy in the new home you made for them! Beautiful decorating!  AND the teens get their own abode? affraid  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 598258
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 5:33 pm

How wonderful! So much activity in this thread!
Big shout out to Cher, Em and Sandy for visiting and for your wonderful comments!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you, ladies! I love it! Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 70330

Cher wrote:
Once again, we're on the same page. I have to fight my urge to play "fast" and just slow down and enjoy my families...
...I do, and now that I'm more willing to relax and see what happens, I get to see more of that kind of thing. A lot of the things involving kids are really special.

It's a challenge for me, but I'm working on it, Cher.
I get freakin' fixated on having everyone be ultra-studious so they can get to the top of their careers PRONTO.
So, I've been making a conscientious effort to be more laid back about that AND ...
To just let them "BE" more often ... Just let them "LIVE". You know?
Like you, I struggle with just slowing down, sitting back and enjoying my families.

Em wrote:
I either started this neighborhood (as I have most of mine) with a blank template or using the "deleteAllCharacters" cheat, so it does not have any of the defaults NPCs and townies, so she's unique to this particular hood.

Oh, I forget about that option more often than not, Em.
It makes sense now. Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 940149

Em wrote:
And you must be very dedicated to do so every time! Copy and paste I can do.

Haha! It only takes seconds to pull up the names with the accents & special characters (like Désirée & Anaïs) to copy and paste 'em.
I rather like the fancy schmancy way they look, so it's worth the tiny effort. Call me "silly". Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 774807

Em wrote:
I play with rotations, because aging sims, particularly siblings is important to me. That is one thing I am picky about. But this time I'm not. I'm just playing whoever I feel like. I started out trying to play everyone evenly, but then I quickly realized there was no need to.  

Interesting! I'm learning that more and more of you play in rotation.
I never really thought about it until some of you (namely Cher & Mac) starting discussing the subject.

Cher wrote:
I'm thinking I might dump this entire generation into Uni and play them, once they're all there, as if they were the same age. I think it might make it easier to see who they're attracted to. That's where I thought I might add Paloma, the extracted offspring of Toni's Jack and Sugah's Ella.

That's a neat idea, Cher! I don't play with Uni, so I'd be tickled to see your SP Offspring all off at college together.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 21650

Em, did I see somewhere that you are wanting the offspring of the SP project to be teens simultaneously, too?
I have four teen daughters so far (they are the oldest of the Tres Lagos offspring: Désirée, Celeste, Isabella & Callista).
The boys are still toddlers, I believe (Zach & Dion), but I'm about to visit the Haeven family this evening.
If I play long enough, Celeste & Zach will both be teens together in the household.
I'm getting ready to have a few other long time residents in the 'hood advance in their relationships, too.
Some, I don't want to rush though. They still need time for a proper courtship. Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 738528

Em wrote:
I actually prefer the name Orion to Celestino...

I think I do, too, Em. It's more "other worldly", don't you think?
I had to Google how to change a Sim's name, because I had forgotten how (Re: Spawn the Tombstone of L & D).

Ladies, I am like you (conflicted about moving Sims into a bigger place to accommodate growing families).
I am not a huge fan of building and decorating, as you may recall.
I fear I may be doing this for quite a few of my Tres Lagos 'hood residents with the recent population explosion. Rolling Eyes  
(To answer your question, Cher, I normally build my Sims' homes or, on occasion, renovate & decorate Maxis lots.)

Thank you for the compliments on the Benedetto's new abode, Cher, Em & Sandy.
Oh, and Sandy, their three teen girls don't get their own abode/apartment!
Haha! They aren't THAT spoiled!  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 598258
It's just a bedroom and bathroom overlooking the pool.  sunny

Speaking of...
Here are some snapshots I took last night.

The Brainy Benedettos

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 BrainyBenedettos_zpsijavjbhm

The only time the girls let Orion in their room is during study time.
He's a nutcase for making everyone's beds (9 neat points), so they're okay when he needs to be in there to do that, too. laughin
(Sorry about the ginormous Foxgloves in the way. Went a little cuckoo with the landscaping.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 598258 )

Orion's Room

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 Benedetto_OrionsRoom_zpstlyjs5fx

Check out the top (little) sign: Wear your seatbelt! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.  
I love it! Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 99672

Canadian Bacon pizza paired with great conversation for breakfast:
A typical Saturday morning at the Benedetto abode.

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 Benedetto_Breakfast_zpsgfujj8ko

This family ROCKS! They are so much fun.  I love you
Here are lovebirds KimberLee & Anthony with Orion & the eldest daughter Mia dancin' after breakfast.

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 Benedetto_DancingSaturdayMorn2_zpsiy4nq120

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 Benedetto_DancingSaturdayMorn_zpsxoklts2b

Check out that living room view of the pool. Nice, eh?
And may I just go on record as saying Anthony is a REAL man who has NEVER feared PINK.
He raised two girls all on his own (a widower) until he met his beloved wild & crazy KimberLee.  
Mr. Benedetto is confident in his masculinity and, in fact, adores being surrounded by so many women.
"Pink walls & decor", you say? "Bring it on!!!", says Mr. B!  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 422794

blinkinhearts
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 EmptySat May 16, 2015 10:47 pm

Sugah wrote:
Em, did I see somewhere that you are wanting the offspring of the SP project to be teens simultaneously, too?

Yes, that was my plan. I still want to keep a little bit of age difference between them, so I might send them in groups. I'm finding I have more boys than girls though, especially among the first born, so I may have to send them closer together than I originally planned. The first group of students were four boys and one girl. I went ahead and started adding the second born from some of my families (and some of the younger first borns) and ended up with 6 boys and 3 girls. I really don't want to send everyone all at once because I feel kind of bad leaving the parents so suddenly with a completely empty nest. laughin I'm finding that some of my offspring have already started to pair off as teens. They already seem to know who they like and who they don't.

Cher wrote:
I'm having that same conflict right now. My families are getting too big for their starter homes, but some of them aren't even as fully furnished as they should be.

My sims seem to get by with very sparsely furnished (and even less so decorated) homes. Then by the time I actually take the time to make an effort to decorate, I've realized they've really outgrown the place anyway. Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 657259 It wouldn't be a problem if they weren't apartment dwellers. They would be find if I could just add on a room or two or build a couple of walls to subdivide the larger than necessary rooms.

The kids' bedrooms are so cute! It's nice of the girls to make an exception to the "girl's only" rule to let their brother study with them. laughin I really like the huge living room window overlooking the pool. Nice idea!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 EmptySun May 17, 2015 9:00 am

Em wrote:
I'm finding I have more boys than girls though, especially among the first born...

The same thing is happening in Cher's (Sugah's) Pleasantview.
For awhile, she had ALL boys, just like I had all girls initially.
Hopefully, things will even out for all of our SP Offspring Project 'hoods! Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 266736

Quote :
I really don't want to send everyone all at once because I feel kind of bad leaving the parents so suddenly with a completely empty nest.

Awww!  verklempt

I think that's why I am not in a hurry to have my Tres Lago's teens grow up and move out.
All of these families are so close and dear. And I REALLY love them all together.
I'm hard-pressed to separate some of them for awhile.  No

Quote :
They would be fine if I could just add on a room or two or build a couple of walls to subdivide the larger than necessary rooms.

I hadn't thought of that issue with apartments, Em.
There's no adding on. Moving out and starting in a new place is the only option with your growing families.
It is a time consuming, not-necessarily-fun and tedious business for me. Is it the same for you?
So, I really have to be in the mood to build & decorate all new abodes (which isn't often).

Quote :
The kids' bedrooms are so cute! It's nice of the girls to make an exception to the "girl's only" rule to let their brother study with them.  laughin I really like the huge living room window overlooking the pool. Nice idea!

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 3547075637

The girls also make an exception to letting Orion in their private space when he is itchin' to make their beds.
Smart girls are they.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 97206
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 EmptySun May 17, 2015 5:25 pm

Sugah wrote:
Check out the top (little) sign: Wear your seatbelt! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.  
What a cute room!! Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 12612

I love the kitchen dining and livingrooms! You say you dislike decorating your homes, but every time I see your handiwork, I am so impressed!! I love the cute rooms of the Brainy Benedetto's-love all of the pink and your comments about the man of the house! Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 598258

Sugah wrote:
Check out that living room view of the pool. Nice, eh?
 I love it too!!
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 EmptySun May 17, 2015 6:48 pm

Sugah wrote:
Some, I don't want to rush though. They still need time for a proper courtship.

Yea! There should be a lot of great photo ops there.

Quote :
To answer your question, Cher, I normally build my Sims' homes ...

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 21650 I wish I did more of that. I usually download lots, often without the CC, and then renovate them. In Sugah's Pleasantview, I'm forcing myself to play the lots (redecorated of course) already there. I can add on to them or build new lots as the population expands. I have built maybe a dozen lots over the years, pretty much all from floor plans or my memory of a house. I did most of my building when my nieces were playing and would ask me to build a certain house for them. I do have more I want to build, but I'm in playing mode these days.

Quote :
The Brainy Benedettos

laughin They really are, aren't they?! That's funny about Orion the neat freak. I really like his room, too, especially the X Files poster.

Quote :
A typical Saturday morning at the Benedetto abode.

I love the family meal! I also see nothing wrong with a little pizza for breakfast. Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 598258 That dance party looks like a lot of fun.

Quote :
And may I just go on record as saying Anthony is a REAL man who has NEVER feared PINK.
He raised two girls all on his own (a widower) until he met his beloved wild & crazy KimberLee.
Mr. Benedetto is confident in his masculinity and, in fact, adores being surrounded by so many women.
"Pink walls & decor", you say? "Bring it on!!!", says Mr. B!

Go Mr. B!

I like your take on this family so much, Sugah.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 8:11 pm

Sandy, thank you for your generous compliments about my decorating skills.
You truly flatter me.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 888294
I look at others' work and feel my minimalist abodes pale in comparison.
I don't like to take a lot of time & rarely have the inclination, so my Sims never have extravagant, fancy, big-time-done-up homes.
(This old lady was not granted the patience or energy for such a huge endeavor.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 598258 )
But your positive comments mean so much and I thank you, most sincerely, for them. Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 338947

Cher wrote:
That's funny about Orion the neat freak. I really like his room, too, especially the X Files poster.

Who needs a maid with Orion-the-he-ain't-heavy-he's-my-alien-brother-the-neat-freak in the house???  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 97206
Don't tell me you're a big fan of the X-Files, too, Cher? If you mentioned that awhile back, I'd forgotten.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the X-Files and am so tickled they're doing 6 NEW episodes later this year. Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 262201

Quote :
I also see nothing wrong with a little pizza for breakfast.

Amen to that!

Thank you, Sandy and Cher, for stopping by and taking the time to comment, as always. Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 70330

~*~

I was able to play the Haeven family for awhile last night.
I shared (in my SP Offspring thread) a photo of young Zach Haeven as a child (in comparison with his older sibling, Celeste).

I took this close up snapshot of Celeste & Zachy's mama.

Evie
by Toni
(Head of the SCIA in Intelligence - Aquarius - Family Sim - Hobby: Arts & Crafts)

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 Haeven-PrettyEvie_zps5wg0xkb4

One of those tender moments that continue to endear us to this game we still love...

Zachy as a toddler snugglin' with Sunny
- who is one of the more patient felines in Tres Lagos ... Look at Sunny's expression!  laughin -

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 Haeven_ZachySnugglingSunny_zpsegqqz1cl

I didn't know toddlers could be fascinated with fish tanks.

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 Haeven_ZachyAnotherNatureLovingOceanographer_zpshza5kmto

Could Zach be another Haeven child to follow in his dad's footsteps?
Big sissy, Celeste, aspires to be the Hand of Poseidon just like her daddy.

Speaking of, here's Zen with his best friend Karyn (by Elle), both at the top of the Oceanography career.

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 Haeven_Maggie-KarynVisit_zpsovifmgrs

Notice the Crazy Cat Lady, Maddie McMew, lovin' on Sunny.
What are the odds???  laughin

Well, it appears the Haevens have outgrown their humble abode.
I may have to spend this evening knocking down walls & renovating the place to accommodate the four of them & Sunny.
Both Zen and Evie have been wanting another baby (off and on) for awhile now...
So, a bigger home is definitely on the very near horizon for this growing family. Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 85797

Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 10:13 pm

Lady S wrote:
Who needs a maid with Orion-the-he-ain't-heavy-he's-my-alien-brother-the-neat-freak in the house???  

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 99672

Quote :
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the X-Files and am so tickled they're doing 6 NEW episodes later this year.

I don't think it's come up before, so you didn't forget anything I said. I faithfully watched every episode. If I remember correctly, the new episodes will be on Showtime, right? I don't get that channel; I'll have to see if I can get my neighbor to record them for me.

Quote :
Look at Sunny's expression!

laughin My brother's first wife had a cat that looked like Sunny, except it was mostly gray. Whenever he talks about it, he talks about how you had to force affection on him because he wasn't a very cuddly cat.

Quote :
I didn't know toddlers could be fascinated with fish tanks.

I didn't either. That's a cool picture you got of him; looks like it's through the glass?

I thought I recognized Maddy McMew! It's great to see her again.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 9:22 am

So cool you're an X-File fan, too, Lady C.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 687310
I was thinking they were set to do six episodes of the X-Files and it'd be on Fox, but don't quote me.
I hope you're wrong about Showtime, because I don't subscribe to that channel either.  No

Yes, I snapped the picture of toddler Zach from the opposite side of the fish tank.
I kinda liked the effect, too.

Thank you for visiting my thread and for your comments, as always, Cher.

Well, just when the Haevens decided to sacrifice their basketball court, build on another bedroom for Zach and do some redecorating ...
All hell done broke loose in the household!

Both Evie and Zen got their wish for another child ... in duplicate! Yes, TWINS! Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 85797
Oy vey! I certainly wasn't expecting that, but I must admit, I'm rather tickled in a strange, maniacal, masochistic sorta way.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 774807

Here's the Lady of Haeven House expecting her 3rd and 4th babes.
Still lookin' good, Evie!  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 422794

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 Haeven_Evie-Baby3_zpshk0yba0z

Almost simultaneously, as Evie gave birth to the twins (quite the chaos in the household for a bit  laughin ), Zach grew into a teenager.

Zach with his new sibling

Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 Haeven_ZachTeen-Chloe_zpsnqkoymgb

I didn't get a chance to take a better snapshot of teen Zach before I shut down my game last night, but will try to get one this evening, if possible, and share it in my Offspring thread.  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 584675

Gonna share a pic of the new bambini there now...  Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 989890

Last edited by Sugah on Tue May 19, 2015 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 3:25 pm

Quote :
I hadn't thought of that issue with apartments, Em.
There's no adding on. Moving out and starting in a new place is the only option with your growing families.
It is a time consuming, not-necessarily-fun and tedious business for me. Is it the same for you?

I wonder if there are any cheats I can use to at least build extra walls within the apartment or add windows. I knew I cheat that would let me access build mode in dorms, but I don't think it worked with apartments.

Yes, it's the same for me, absolutely! I often just want to jump into playing and not take the time to furnish or decorate more than I have to and the sim days start to get away from me. laughin

Quote :
The girls also make an exception to letting Orion in their private space when he is itchin' to make their beds.
Smart girls are they.

Who could say no to that! laughin

Zach and Sunny are cute. I can see Maddie knows exactly what is expected of her! Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 99672

Yay for twins! I hope the Haevens can keep up with the building and remodeling necessary for their expanding family.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sugah's Sim Antics   Sugah's Sim Antics - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sugah's Sim Antics
Page 16 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next