Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Mac's 'Hood

Go down 
+7
ilikefishfood
Nonni
mac
SandySimmer
Sugah
SimEm
autumnelle
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Cher64

Cher64

Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 1:55 pm

Quote :
Alan wanted to name her "hotlips" but his wife demurred
Such a spoilsport! laughin

Quote :
I made no - zero! - changes to the YA Ralph after he changed from a teen, but he's the image of his maternal grandfather!
That is very cool. Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 12612
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 31, 2016 3:57 pm

I'm quite far behind in your 'hood thread, Mac. My apologies!  Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 100574
I have some time today and thought I'd catch up in here, too.

It was so nice seeing a pic of senior Sugah sitting between her grandgirls.
Sarah is a pretty Sim. Pretty hair, too!
Congrats to the lovely Darcy and TimSim on their union & the birth of their daughter Charlotte.
What a beautiful child Janelle is! WOW! (Great genes help, of course!)

Mac wrote:
...who should drop by but Dora - the great-grandmother!   First great-grandmother in my 'hood!

Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 790471  Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 21650

I don't think I've ever had a great-grandmother in all the years I've been playing.
It's something I think I shall strive for in my Tres Lagos 'hood.
I rather like the idea. MUCHO.
(I adored my Italian great-grandmother even though she didn't speak a word of english.  I love you )

Mac wrote:
Alan wanted to name her "hotlips" but his wife demurred...

Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 683951  ThanksforSharing
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 3:08 pm

I've never played the Ottomas family myself. They look like they're a fun edition to your game.

It sounds like your family is really growing! Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 940149
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 3:30 pm

SimEm wrote:
I've never played the Ottomas family myself.

If you do, Dora (the grandmother) is essential. Lots of kids to raise (and teach). At-home babysitter while mom and dad go out to work. You'll need a big house, too - room for mom and dad, granny, and possibly 4 kids.
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 4:27 pm

If I remember correctly (and that's always questionable!), the grandmother dies after only a day or two. If you want her help, and it's invaluable, as Mac pointed out, she'll need a little boost to her lifespan.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 4:54 pm

I can't recall whether I used a hack. (Probably did, since my sims have an excess of genies - got her to platinum so there would be no problems with green stuff) I may have used a hack to get more green stuff (can't remember) but kept her well supplied. I'm sure that the family's green stuff all went to her. The kids were sent off to univ with practically no money. Playing the whole family was WORK! (and all because Samantha was a pretty sim I wanted to activate - but the daughter Sharla turned out to be DDG! - see a pic earlier in this thread)
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 7:56 am

Meet Murao, a simfemme contributed by nyctopile on MTS2 (she's contributing a lot of good-looking sims there currently). Murao is still in university, but there she met Keith Mars (son of Ulli's Edwin and Maeera (by Lue5 on MTS2). Murao will be going into a Music career and Edwin into Culinary. Murao and Edwin got engaged in college...
Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 MuraoKeithMarsEngagement_zpsdp4erpiy

And had a happy hug after he 'popped the question'  blinkinhearts
Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 MuraoKeithMarsHug_zpsxsdo3edo

Murao got some creativity advice from Beyonce who happened by. (Beyonce is an old - 2005 - post by thesimssi2 on MTS2). BTW, the "asking for advice" action is very useful, not only does it improve the asking sim's abilities, but also builds friendship with the advice giver - just like in RL - everyone likes to be asked for advice!  thinkin\'
Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 MuraoLearningFromBeyonce_zps5tlqg5lp

BTW, I think from now on I'll be mixing my simmies - those eligible for the offspring project and those not - and posting all their adventures in this thread.
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 10:21 am

What a cute couple!! Lucky for Murao she is acquainted with Beyonce!!

Kinda of off topic but, it bothers me no end when I try to match up Sims and one of them gets a "red" engagement memory!! Does it happen to you?

Mac wrote:
BTW, I think from now on I'll be mixing my simmies - those eligible for the offspring project and those not - and posting all their adventures in this thread.
Sounds like a good idea! I don't post too many updates anymore cuz the Forum is so dead! Seems like a lot of work when I only get one or two people comment lol Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 99672

Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 10:32 am

SandySimmer wrote:
Kinda of off topic but, it bothers me no end when I try to match up Sims and one of them gets a "red" engagement memory!!  Does it happen to you?

I'm not quite sure what a "red engagement memory is", so I guess I haven't had one.

I agree, the forum does seem a bit dead, we haven't heard from Elle and Ulli in a long time. I do know that Sugah is currently having house repair problems affraid and that Toni has a lot of responsibilities at her work (they couldn't do it without her! bluwhew!  Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 12612)
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 10:35 am

When a couple get engaged-right afterward the rings revolve above their heads-sometimes one of them get a "red" one :) They can be 'in love" and want to get married! Oh dear Maxis-why? Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 598258
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 12:31 pm

The red engagement/marriage memory normally only appears for sims who have the romance aspiration for their primary or secondary aspiration. From what I remember non-romance sims can get the red engagement/marriage memory as well, But that's just a bug in the game. I believe someone on MATY created a fix for that, Most likely J. M. Pescado.

Unforuntly any sims who already have the red memory before the fix was installed will still have the red memory. In that case You can just ignore the memory, use SimPe to fix it, or use my modded object the Memory Manipulator to fix it.

Just be aware that both SimPe and the Memory Manipulator have their advantages and disadvantages. SimPe needs some knowledge as to how memories work internally, But it also has less limitations then the Memory Manipulator. Where as the Memory Manipulator requires no knowledge as to how memories work internally, But it can not change the order in which the memories were made(short of removing all memories and recreating them all).
Back to top Go down
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 12:55 pm

Thanks for your reply Aaron and the links! I don't use Romance Sims so I guess I'm getting the "buggy" ones! I am going to search for the fix at MATY I think. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 1:41 pm

Murao and Keith are a cute couple. If Keith is as nice as Edwin (the Edwin in my game, anyway), Murao's a lucky girl.

I haven't done the give advice interaction lately, but in my old game, I used a lot at University. I had reached a point where all my sims were too-closely related, and needed to bring some fresh blood in. I used that interaction so that the new playables wouldn't be so far behind on their skills when they married my sims.

I haven't played Romance sims until recently, but I remember my SIL saying they didn't like to get engaged or settle down. I must confess, I don't pay too much attention to their memories, so I'm not sure if I've seen the red engagement memory before. Am I failing at something terribly important by not paying attention to that?

I still very much enjoy reading game and offspring threads. This is a busy time of year for many people, though, so I haven't been surprised to see less activity. I have an update that's been waiting months for me to get around to posting it. Maybe I'll actually do it one of these days. laughin
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 9:53 am

I've been playing some of my "non-offspring" couples: Sven, by GoGoGlamourGirl (sic) at MTS2 and Aimee, yet another incomparably lovely by Lowisa  Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 243713 to both. Here they are having an intimate breakfast after their wedding. Aimee took Sven's surname: Swenson.
Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 SwensonWeddingBreakfast_zpslxujvv88

Later on, the pregnant Aimee naps while Sven reads. Up here in MN, the main ethnic joke is about 'Ole and Lena', prototypical Swedes. I decided to name their offspring one of the two names, depending on gender. They have a little girl, Lena.
Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 PregnantAimeeSwensonNapping_zpswzovatla
In all seriousness, when I woke up Sunday to -14F, I have a lot of respect for those - mainly Scandinavians, who settled MN. There is a wonderful Tetralogy about the Emmigrants from Sweden to MN by Vilhelm Moberg. People without land in Sweden moving to land without people in MN. The first novel of the tetralogy, The Emigrants, leaves the family on a ship in the middle of the Atlantic passage under unspeakable conditions. Three more novels describe their move to MN and settling there. Long slog of a read, but well worth it.

Joao Silva is by BlueCatPlay9 at MTS2 (doesn't seem to be there any more). He ended up with Coletta by Birdgurl, a sim creator affiliated with this site.  Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 243713 to both. Joao and Coletta had a son. Since Joao has a passing resemblance to the NY Yankee great, Derek Jeter, I named their son Derek. (I'm a long-time member of the Red Sox nation, but admire Derek Jeter as a totally class act!)
Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 JoaoColettaDerek_zpseso6omhj

And when Coletta went to her job as a Fashion Designer, Joao (a baseball player - doh!) showed himself to be a class act taking care of little Derek.
Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 JoaoDerekNappie_zpsaygb1p3bMac's 'Hood - Page 6 JoaoFeedingDerek_zpsjkf76mw4
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 2:53 pm

Quote :
Murao got some creativity advice from Beyonce who happened by.

Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 99672 I love that Beyonce can just randomly drop by and advise you (on singing or the music business, I'd assume). Only in the sims! I don't know that I've ever used the "ask for advice" option. I may have to try that out.

Quote :
Seems like a lot of work when I only get one or two people comment lol

It's kind of discouraging is it. I still post just for my own fun, but I try to hold back because I hate to spam with too many posts in a row.

Quote :
The red engagement/marriage memory normally only appears for sims who have the romance aspiration for their primary or secondary aspiration. From what I remember non-romance sims can get the red engagement/marriage memory as well, But that's just a bug in the game.

I noticed that it used to be just for romance sims (and maybe pleasure too) but now it seems to be random. I didn't know if that was a feature or a bug. I usually ignore memories, but I can't help noticing if the engaged or married symbols are red or blue above their heads as the events happen. I always worry a little about how committed they really are when it's red. But honestly, it doesn't seem to make any difference. I only pay attention to memories when I want to go back and refresh my memory about things that have happened, like who has kissed or woohooed who. It gets kind of confusing in my game sometimes. laughin

I like Aimee's dress. She and Sven make a cute couple. So do Joao and Coletta. It's always sweet to see a man taking such good care of his child. I love you
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 4:27 pm

Mac, I live near the town of Lindsborg, which was settled by mostly Swedish immigrants. I'm familiar with the Ole and Lena jokes! It's a big world, but a small one, isn't it?

Aimee and Sven are having quite the elegant breakfast. They look fantastic.

I love to see SimDaddies taking good care of their babies. In my game, I've noticed that they're much more sensitive to the smelly diaper than the Moms are. laughin
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 9:37 am

Love the pictures! I really like Aimees dress also-do you remember where you got it?

I didn't know Birdgurl made some Sims-Coletta is lovely!

Cher wrote:
I've noticed that they're much more sensitive to the smelly diaper than the Moms are
Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 99672
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 11:03 am

I'm afraid that Aimee's lace dress is lost in the mists of downloading. I got most of my clothes from MTS2 but after considerable simian search was unable to find it. If, however you like lace sleeves wow! check out this and this.

Birdgurl mainly does clothes, but has done some pretty 'hawt' sims here

And don't forget Lowisa! wow! Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 508493 hubbahubba
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 2:19 pm

Thanks Mac!!
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 9:23 am

Just a quick post to show what's possible with NPCs. Some time ago, I started playing the Maxis-supplied Ottomas family, probably after Samantha dropped by, which piqued my interest. You can see the original family toward the bottom of the thread here. Notice, in particular, in the Maxis family picture, the little girl with the green slacks and the Princess Leia hair buns (Carrie Fisher  Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 503793 and her mom, too  Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 503793). That's Sharla. I don't know whether Maxis just plugged her in to the family or whether she was an actual in-game created child of her parents. We'll never know. Anyway, the next picture shows the kids at a later stage, with Sharla as a teenager. Very pretty. Then Sharla as an adult. The only thing I'd changed was her hair.

Playing her currently, I decided to do just a bit of plastic surgery to fill in the rather anorexic-looking cheeks. The result is below.  wow!  She is, of course, a model at level 6 -- (and about to become a mom). All this from a Maxis-supplied NPC!  
Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 SharlaOttomas1_zpsqhco7jvo
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 9:56 am

Wow Mac-she is beautiful!! In my game the Ottomas are quite "different" laughin Great job!
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 4:08 pm

I played the Ottomas family once, and only once. None of them seemed to age up well, and they passed that gaunt look onto their offspring. Your plastic surgery was just the thing; Sharla is very pretty!
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 5:09 pm

Here's a couple that I have connections with: Meet Ralph and Georgina MacLaughlin. Ralph is the grandson of Mac and Maikki (self-sims). Alan Arkin is his other grandfather. The Alan Arkin sim was loaded years ago from a now defunct website simpathetic.com, along with an Emma Peel sim. Does Ralph look like Alan Arkin? I swear, no editing at all. Sometimes genetics just work out. Ralph and Georgina, born in game (who's a granddaughter of a Harry Potter sim, but also of Ari's Zoe) moved in together. Here they're having lunch with their neighborhood visitors: You can't see her face, but with her back to the camera is Nicole Snow by nyctopile (an up-and-coming sims designer on MTS2). The other guests are Ari's Astra (? - I think - I miss Ari's creations  Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 729422), and Toni's recent Paolo Minelli. Always -  Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 243713 to the talented creators!
Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 RalphGeorginaMoveInLunch_zpsgc29ner6

Ralph (actually named after my RL father) just graduated from univ and entered my engineering career (on MTS2). I guess he's one of those silicon valley whizzbangs. Georgina's many connections didn't hurt either. He started right out as CEO of an engineering firm and has since moved to the top level - college professor of engineering - fewer hours and less pay but so what. Here are pics of their wedding (just the twosome) and their wedding dinner.
Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 RalphGeorginaWedding_zpsfczuuukdMac's 'Hood - Page 6 RalphGeorginaWeddingDinner_zpsevfudk5o

And finally, meet Benjamin MacLaughlin (named after my RL paternal grandfather - who I never met). Ralph looks happier than Georgina, but then, who woke up early to change and feed Benjamin?  verklempt
Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 RalphGeorginaBenjamin_zpsvjju5vw5

For the record, Georgina and Ralph are both Knowledge/Aries. He's Engineering/Music and she's Astronomy/Science. Both at the top of their careers - due to retire when Benjamin goes off to univ.
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 6:16 pm

It's fun isn't it to follow our self sims offspring?  Ralph looks like he is doing really good and Georgina is a beauty!! Benjamin looks adorable!
My self sim married into the Allen family in my Greenbridge neighborhood-which is my oldest NH-started in October 2015-going into 4th generation which almost a record for me haha.

Mac wrote:
I miss Ari's creations  ),
  Me too!!
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 4:01 pm

I miss Nonni! Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 503793 But I'm playing her avatar in my 'hood. She's Family/Pisces (seemed appropriate) and has a career as a Sims 2 Designer (doh!) - just level 2 so far. She has 3 bolts with Ivor, the son of Toni's Apollonia and Sugah's Evariste. Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 243713 both! Looks like a match! Lucky guy
Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 Snapshot_64b3c552_a58a6234_zpsirkooe6q

She's elfin, she's lovely, she's a good cook, she has pretty red hair!  Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 508493
Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 Snapshot_64b3c552_a58a6857_zpsf9u97lne

Better make sure of her!
Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 Snapshot_64b3c552_658a68dc_zpsy7p6zrte
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mac's 'Hood
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next