Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Cher Shares

Go down 
+9
mac
autumnelle
Grykon
Ullwera
SandySimmer
butterflyunion
Caleb_71
twerplina
Sugah
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
mac

mac

Cher Shares - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 9:27 pm

Cher64 wrote:
thanks for the original link, Mac).

Glad you like the apartment, Cher. I really don't do apartments, but do like the same creator's houses: Concrete 1 and especially Concrete 5. (I have eight Concrete 5 in my 'hood. Great for couples or singles, but not for families)

Good to see Mr. mac in your 'hood! Cher Shares - Page 5 366915
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 7:52 pm

What a unique cube-shaped, concrete apartment complex, Cher!
Minimal amenities (What? No swimming pool? Cher Shares - Page 5 598258 ), but definitely cool looking! Cher Shares - Page 5 940149

I like what you have done to Elle's pink pad. It turned out nicely & is quite pinkalicious.
I think our pink lovin' Elle would like it, too.
I see some of my recolors and I thank you for your support.
It's always so exciting seeing something I've created in others' games. Cher Shares - Page 5 262201

Quote :
The landlady brought in some pizza ... Elle bogarted it and ate it in her bedroom ...

Cher Shares - Page 5 363286

Too funny! I don't know if you know this but our Elle is a huge pizza aficionado.
So SimElle's actions don't seem too far-fetched! Cher Shares - Page 5 99672

Quote :
You look mahvelous!

I'm lovin' those selfies she took!!! Is that the result of going into a photo booth?
My Sims have never done that.

Elle & Enrique are expecting a baby ... Awwww!!!  Cher Shares - Page 5 21650
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 10:37 am

Sugah, those pictures do come from going in the photo booth. Sim Toni has done ... other things, without my permission ... in the photo booth as well. affraid I do often have my sims take pictures so I can put them in their houses. I particularly like to have them take a set of wedding pictures. The funny thing about this was that Elle took those pictures when I wasn't playing her! She must have done it while visiting a community lot when I had another active sim there.

Quote :
Elle & Enrique are expecting a baby ... Awwww!!!
Somehow, I suspect LTW 50 Dream Dates Enrique is not going to be as excited about that baby.

I did it again with the pictures -- over 6. You asked what would be a better number and someone suggested 10 or 11, and I think I'd better agree with that! laughin

Speaking of too many pictures, here are the adventures of Mac.

Mac is a resident of the same apartments as Elle and David Cook. The fourth resident is Honey Nalesnik, a Townie. You can't necessarily see them all, but Mac has a lot of books, being a studious type of man. He's a Knowledge sim whose LTA is to max all his skills. He is currently employed as a Test Subject in the Science career.
Cher Shares - Page 5 Bedroom_1
Cher Shares - Page 5 Living%20Room_1

He does take time out to socialize with the neighbors, mostly while playing chess. Who's that gorgeous creature? Honey Nalesnik!
Cher Shares - Page 5 Who%20is%20that

Mac, I know you prefer a dancer in a knit dress, but ACR decided Sim Mac likes Honey and her brightly colored wardrobe. laughin On their date, one of Honey's wants was to marry Enrique! Still, she and Mac had a Dream Date and he wasted no time in proposing and asking her to move in. The next morning, they got married in a very small, private ceremony ...
Cher Shares - Page 5 First%20marriage

... and then Honey was off to work.
Cher Shares - Page 5 Then%20off%20to%20work

In Isle of Demeter, I'm giving the knowledge sims and some of the others a college degree. Mac has a degree in Biology, while Honey has one in Poli Sci. She doesn't really care about a career, though, and currently employed in the Slacker career as a Record Store Clerk. She did let the Naughtly Llamas play as house band, and then had to pay $849 in damages after they wrecked the place. I guess the boss was OK with that, though, because he promoted her to Party DJ.

Mac is a nice guy, and he prepares breakfast since Honey is a bit under the weather. Or is she?
Cher Shares - Page 5 Am%20I%20pregnant

Meet Gemma and Jenna, Mac and Honey's twins. I didn't get very good pics of them this time.
Cher Shares - Page 5 Twins%20Gemma%20and%20Jenna

That gets me caught up on Isle of Demeter. I've switched over to the Offspring Project, so it will be a while before I return to this hood.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 10:57 am

I'm definitely going to check out the photo booth option. I like the idea of being able to put the results on my Sims' wall(s)! Cher Shares - Page 5 21650

Quote :
Somehow, I suspect LTW 50 Dream Dates Enrique is not going to be as excited about that baby.

Cher Shares - Page 5 683951

Quote :
I did it again with the pictures -- over 6. You asked what would be a better number and someone suggested 10 or 11, and I think I'd better agree with that!

I think I posted somewhere ... Please don't ask me where, I have no earthly clue  Cher Shares - Page 5 85797 ...
That I know our loyal, devoted, active forum fam members would never spam w/ inconsequential images.
I trust those of you who have been with me sharing awhile. No worries, m'lady.  Cher Shares - Page 5 7255  

I like the color scheme in Mac's apartment (shades of brown with a splash of blue thrown in).
One of our RL bedrooms here has similar colors & they look so appealing combined, don't they?
I particularly like the bedroom drapes, rug & bedding. So masculine! Whose is it, Cher?

The corner library is a neat idea (lotsa books for a studious fella).
And that water view from the living room is to die for, dahling!  Cher Shares - Page 5 330104

Wow! Honey Nalesnik is gorgeous! I have never seen her before.
I wonder if she comes with an EP I don't have...  Cher Shares - Page 5 62525

Welcome Jemma and Genna (I like those names mucho)!  Cher Shares - Page 5 366915

Quote :
I've switched over to the Offspring Project...

Yaaaaay! See you there!!! Cher Shares - Page 5 989890
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 12:22 pm

Mac's apartment doesn't look like Minnesota! No

And I think that the sim mac is a lot faster on his feet than the RL one! verklempt

But I'll take a dancing girl with or without verklempt a knit dress any time!
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 2:39 pm

Sadly, Mac can't afford to move to Minnesota yet. No

Quote :
But I'll take a dancing girl with or without verklempt a knit dress any time!
Cher Shares - Page 5 598258

My Offspring Project hood has a lot less custom content than Isle of Demeter. It loads up oh, so quickly. laughin In honor of this being a Sugah's Place exclusive project, all the custom walls, floors, and home furnishings are from right here at Sugah's, so you will probably recognize a lot of great stuff. Cher Shares - Page 5 12612  I kept most of my custom hairs and clothes, though. I used Pleasantview because I've never played in that hood, and it's a nice, small hood with reasonably priced homes.

I'm going to do it as Sugah did, with the main story here. I originally planned just to focus on having the children, but the stories kind of developed on their own and I'm interested in those as well as the genetics.

I had also originally planned to do as Nonni did, stick them all together and see what happened. I looked for Sims from different creators, and Sims that haven't been used so far. I did end up overlapping with Patrick because I already had him downloaded and in the game when I saw him on another thread. I thought I wouldn't pair Sims from the same creator, but I ended up doing it twice. The Sims I chose seemed to have natural partners based on what I imagined their personalities to be, and I couldn't make myself change it just for the sake of mixing up genes. Silly, because that's what the entire project is about!

The first couple in my Offspring Project hood is Jonah and Alyssa, both by Ari.

Alyssa is a Family Sim whose LTW is to have a Golden Anniversary (I'm looking forward to the Gypsy's visit!). She's a Cancer, 6-4-5-4-6 . Jonah is a Pleasure Sim whose LTW is to be a Professional Party Guest, top of the Slacker career. He's a Libra, 3-7-3-7-5.

Alyssa Sanders is a sweet young woman who loves children and wants a family. She was engaged, but was left at the altar by her fiancé.  Cher Shares - Page 5 729422
Cher Shares - Page 5 Stood%20Up

Embarassed, and not knowing what else to do, she moved to Pleasantview to start over. She got a job in the Education career to be near the children she thought she might never have, bought a little trailer, and fixed it up as much as she could on her meager wages. One day on a trip to the bookstore, Alyssa met a handsome young man freestyling on the sidewalk for tips. He wasn't very talented and didn't seem to be making any money, but she found his looks and attitude appealing. She's always played it safe in her life and where did that get her? Jonah was the slightly rebellious nonconformist (but not too intimidating) she sometimes wished she could be, and she was soon head over heels in love with him. He had been evicted from his apartment, so Alyssa invited him to move in with her and he quickly accepted.
Cher Shares - Page 5 Love

Jonah Kent is not exactly a homebody like Alyssa, and he's a night owl. He often goes out clubbing at night, not coming home until 2 the next morning. Alyssa couldn't go even if she wanted to because she has to be at work early in the mornings. She does wish he wouldn't spend so much money at the clubs, since they had $16 between them when Jonah moved in, and he still hasn't found a job. It's a good thing she's doing well as a Teacher's Aide. Still, Alyssa has been very happy with Jonah.
Alyssa felt like she needed to get moving on having a family, but Jonah didn't seem inclined to ask her to marry him. Throwing caution (and birth control) to the wind, she soon found herself pregnant. This was on the same day she and Jonah became best friends. Nice.  laughin
Cher Shares - Page 5 Pregnant

They've made friends with some of their neighbors; Jonah finds it particularly easy to meet people and make friends with them. One of those friends, Elle's Avett Price, stopped by one day and got a little too friendly a little too quickly for Alyssa.
Cher Shares - Page 5 Avett%20is%20too%20friendly
Cher Shares - Page 5 Nice%20face

Since he doesn't work, it would be nice if Jonah picked up a little now and then, but overall, they're happy together.
Cher Shares - Page 5 Slacker
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 7:18 pm

Quote :
In honor of this being a Sugah's Place exclusive project, all the custom walls, floors, and home furnishings are from right here at Sugah's, so you will probably recognize a lot of great stuff.

Oh, Cher! You honor and flatter me and have absolutely made my entire week!!!
I'm excited!!! Cher Shares - Page 5 262201
I recognize a few of my CC sets already! Yaaaaay!  
Thank you so much for your ongoing support. It means so much. Cher Shares - Page 5 888294

Quote :
I'm going to do it as Sugah did, with the main story here.  

That is actually how the rules for the Offspring project are set up, Lady C:

Quote :
3. Share an in game image (or 2) of the happy SP Sim couple(s), preferably up close and personal.
4. Share (in game) images of the offspring of the happy SP Sim couple(s), close up and front view, at different times in their lives (if possible).

Share the details, the fun stories & other snapshots of your SP Sims' lives in your game antics thread. This section is just for the results of our genetics experiments.

I don't know if everyone has read the rules thoroughly, but it was always my intention for the MAIN details (majority of back stories, every day lives & snapshots, etc) to be shared in our individual game antics threads.
So, you are absolutely starting out the way I'd originally intended it to be.
Grazie, dahling!

Cher Shares - Page 5 692371

Quote :
The Sims I chose seemed to have natural partners based on what I imagined their personalities to be, and I couldn't make myself change it just for the sake of mixing up genes.

I often go that route. Sometimes you just have to go with what feels right, you know?

I haven't seen Alyssa in awhile. How neat that you chose her!
She looks lovely in that wedding gown. The schmuck that left her must've been a real loser to do so.
Good riddance to bad rubbish, I say! Alyssa is truly better off without him.  Cher Shares - Page 5 971462

Jonah has a bit of settling down and growing up to do, especially now that a baby is on the way.
If he's not working, the least he could do is pick up around the house and prepare meals for his lovely lady.
She can't do EVERYTHING!  Cher Shares - Page 5 598258
What's with the pouch on that precious dress she's wearing, btw? Too funny!

ThanksforSharing
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 11:33 pm

Sugah, I forgot about your question regarding Sim Mac's bedroom; sorry. It's a recolor of Lirunchik's Fogerton bedroom at BPS. The links still work!

I have no idea where Honey came from, or if she's specific to an EP. I emptied the characters from my hoods before playing, and I use default replacement face templates in my game, so I don't get the truly horrific Maxis townies. I also use a default replacement for names, so most of my townies don't have the usual names.

Sugah wrote:
The schmuck that left her must've been a real loser to do so.
Good riddance to bad rubbish, I say! Alyssa is truly better off without him.

Cher Shares - Page 5 99672 I agree! Even though, as you said, Jonah has some growing up to do, it turns out he's a good daddy and loves Alyssa and his son.

Quote :
What's with the pouch on that precious dress she's wearing, btw? Too funny!

Right? I did a double take the first time I saw that. I think it's because the dress is actually a top. The invisible (or whatever) bottom must have a preg morph, while the top doesn't. That's my uneducated guess, anyway.

Back to Jonah and Alyssa:

Alyssa never had morning sickness, but she was HUNGRY the whole time she was pregnant. Once baby Nick was born, Jonah fell in love with his little family.
Cher Shares - Page 5 Jonah%20in%20love
Cher Shares - Page 5 Jonah%20and%20Nick
Cher Shares - Page 5 Baby%20Nick%20Sanders

That doesn't mean he felt the need to go out and get a job, however. Nor does it mean he cleans anything up. Cher Shares - Page 5 971462  He does take very good care of Nick while Alyssa's at work, so that's something. He's also discovered he likes fishing, so maybe he'll bring home a fish for dinner now and then. If it's not too much work, that is. Cher Shares - Page 5 598258
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 9:05 am

Oh, for goodness sake, Cher!
I used to have that bedroom set mesh in my old puter game and have even done a couple recolors of it (Aqua Steel and Scandia Wasabi).
Duh!!!  Cher Shares - Page 5 657259
(Of course, in my defense, it WAS almost 5 years ago and I've slept a few nights since then... Cher Shares - Page 5 97206 )

Quote :
I use default replacement face templates in my game, so I don't get the truly horrific Maxis townies. I also use a default replacement for names, so most of my townies don't have the usual names.

Oh, I see! Cool idea! Some of the townies and their names are rather ridiculous. Don't blame ya there!

Quote :
...Jonah has some growing up to do, it turns out he's a good daddy and loves Alyssa and his son...
Once baby Nick was born, Jonah fell in love with his little family...
He does take very good care of Nick while Alyssa's at work...

Cher Shares - Page 5 28795 @ Jonah! You're comin' around, dude!  Cher Shares - Page 5 940149

Quote :
That doesn't mean he felt the need to go out and get a job, however. Nor does it mean he cleans anything up.

But you still, apparently, have a way to go, fella!  Cher Shares - Page 5 971462

Quote :
He's also discovered he likes fishing, so maybe he'll bring home a fish for dinner now and then. If it's not too much work, that is.

I know, right? Don't knock yourself out on Alyssa and Nicky's account, Jonah.
Wouldn't want you to hurt yourself or sprain anything!  Cher Shares - Page 5 99672

BTW, Cher, I don't know if you saw this, but Elle added your Simself and info and Sandy's HERE in our SP Sidekick Chronicle thread on April 3rd. Yaaaaay!

Cher Shares - Page 5 692371

Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 9:05 pm

Sugah wrote:
(Of course, in my defense, it WAS almost 5 years ago and I've slept a few nights since then...  

Quote :
But you still, apparently, have a way to go, fella!

Quote :
I know, right? Don't knock yourself out on Alyssa and Nicky's account, Jonah.
Wouldn't want you to hurt yourself or sprain anything!

Cher Shares - Page 5 448283

Quote :
Some of the townies and their names are rather ridiculous.

Yes, hopefully this takes care of multiple Sims having names like Goopy. GOOPY, for Pete's sake. Who thought of that?

Quote :
BTW, Cher, I don't know if you saw this, but Elle added your Simself and info and Sandy's HERE in our SP Sidekick Chronicle thread

I did see that! Cher Shares - Page 5 74257 I put Isle of Demeter on hold before I got a chance to play Sim Cher.  laughin

Meanwhile, in Sugah's Pleasantview:

The Lorrins are newlyweds Jen's Patrick and Kelly. I put them together because they both had a boy/girl next door thing (I see others noticed that, as well) going on and seemed more outdoorsy to me. Patrick is a Family Sim/Cancer with points allocated 4-4-7-5-5. Kelly is a Family Sim, also Cancer, with points 6-3-6-4-6. Patrick wants six grandchildren, while Kelly will be happy just to have three children graduate from college. They've been friends and sweethearts since 7th grade. Both have long wanted to have a little farm out in the country near a small town. Pleasantview seemed perfect. They were married as soon as they were old enough, and saved their money so they could buy a place with a little bit of land. They don't quite have enough to farm full time, but they can be patient about that. They probably won't be so patient about starting their family.

Literally 5 seconds after moving in --
Cher Shares - Page 5 2%20seconds%20after%20moving%20in

As a former high school jock, Patrick has had no problems with his Athletic career (I can't remember what he'd been promoted to when I quit playing them), and he was excited to plant their very first crop of tomatoes.
Cher Shares - Page 5 The%20first%20crop

Kelly was too tired to help, and I'm sure this is why.
Cher Shares - Page 5 Pregnant_1

She nearly starved to death twice. I could barely keep her fed fast enough. Like Alyssa, she had no morning sickness, just a huge appetite. Both Patrick and Kelly worked hard to bring in that first crop. About 2/3 of the crop was bland tomatoes, but the other 1/3 was tasty tomatoes! I think they will quickly be growing quality crops. Their first meal using their home gown tomatoes was a tasty bowl of tomato soup with rice. The link only takes you to the home page. If you want to look at any of the foods, you have to choose the language, then Downloads, then Hacks, then Foods. The tomato soup is on page 2. MAC! The pickled herring with watermelon is on page 9 and the jam and gherkin sandwich is on page 8. I was able to download both!  Cher Shares - Page 5 74257
Cher Shares - Page 5 Soup%20from%20the%20first%20crop

Baby Marshall! I'm having the opposite situation you had, Sugah. My hood's offspring are all boys so far.
Cher Shares - Page 5 Baby%20Marshall

Marshall has already grown into a toddler (there's a close up picture of that in my Offspring Project thread. Kelly and Patrick are both hands-on, loving parents.
Cher Shares - Page 5 Teaching%20Marshall%20to%20walk
Cher Shares - Page 5 Teaching%20Marshall%20to%20talk
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 2:27 pm

Quote :
GOOPY, for Pete's sake. Who thought of that?

Cher Shares - Page 5 97206
Evidently the same crackhead who decided personality traits for the game's astrological signs AND their compatibility charts, Cher. Cher Shares - Page 5 99672

Patrick and Kelly are quite darling.
I miss Jen's creations. She truly was a talented artist.

Do you tend to have a lot of Cancers in your game?
I looked at my Tres Lagos 'hood stats and it appears my Cancers are right up there with my Taurus Sims.
Lots more Family Sims than all the rest, too.
I'm trying to get better about a balance of each in my game.
(Hence the reason I've started documenting that sorta info in my 'hood.)

My daughter and grandgirl are here now.
I promise to finish responding properly after Parker leaves.  Cher Shares - Page 5 12612

~*~

I'm back. I was pleasantly surprised that my nephew showed up, too.
He's such a doll. I adore him. I love you

Quote :
They've been friends and sweethearts since 7th grade. Both have long wanted to have a little farm out in the country near a small town...
I think they will quickly be growing quality crops.

Awww! Childhood sweethearts livin' their dream! Gotta love it!

Quote :
They probably won't be so patient about starting their family.
Literally 5 seconds after moving in ---

Hey, when you've been sweethearts since 7th grade, it probably felt like forever before they could get started on makin' babies! Cher Shares - Page 5 598258

I see one of Aunt Cora's Handmade Quilts in their bedroom. Yaaay!
And oh my goodness, I haven't seen my Per Bambini kiddos' walls in awhile. Cher Shares - Page 5 881668

Quote :
Baby Marshall! I'm having the opposite situation you had, Sugah. My hood's offspring are all boys so far.

He's so darling! Could his eyes be any bigger and greener?
(I think I have 4 new girls and 2 new boys now in Tres Lagos, Cher, but don't quote me. Rolling Eyes )

I like Kelly's PJs by the way. They look familiar. Where have I seen those... Cher Shares - Page 5 62525

I'm really enjoying your Cher Shares AND Offspring Project, Lady C.

Cher Shares - Page 5 28795
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 5 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 2:44 pm

Lady S. wrote:
Do you tend to have a lot of Cancers in your game?

I actually don't. It just happened that the three Cancers in Sugah's Pleasantview all happened in a row. I had intended to have the Sims for this game be mostly Family or Knowledge, but I ended up assigning aspirations and points based on how I thought those Sims actually were. It sounds crazy maybe, but each of the Sims in this game seemed to already have a personality. When I spent time looking at them, an Aspiration came to mind and that, coupled with their appearance, determined where I assigned their Personality points. I also took time to work out their stories before playing them, which I didn't do in Isle of Demeter.

Looking over my cards for Isle of Demeter, without doing an actual count, it looks like I have a lot of Aquariuses. For that game, I didn't take as much time to study the Sims before creating them in the game. For the Sugah Babies, I used the information given. For the rest, I used The Sim Randomizer because I wanted to challenge myself to branch out with the Aspirations and Personalities. I often play only a couple of types of Sims and I wanted to get out of that rut. That's why Toni's Enrique and Sugah's Marguerita will probably not end up together, even though I intended for them to be a couple when I downloaded them.

Next up in Sugah's Pleasantview are Toni's Lenny ( Cher Shares - Page 5 508493 ) and Sugah's Lilura. Apparently, I didn't take many pictures of them.

Lenny Kravitz is a Fortune Sim, a Libra with points 2-8-2-6-7. He wants to be a rock god (of course!). He saw Lilura in the front row at one of his gigs and sent a roadie out to invite her backstage. They hit it off immediately, and soon she had moved in with him. She looks forward to accompanying him on the road when he hits it big.
Cher Shares - Page 5 Lenny%20closeup

Lilura Nightshade is a Family Sim, an Aries with points 5-8-6-3-3. She is very interested in the occult and considers herself something of a psychic or a witch. Her cat (sometimes she refers to her as a familiar just to freak people out) is Zora Nightshade. Zora is a Virgo -- a Genius, Independent, and Finicky. She may look familiar to those of you who have seen her cousin, Minxy, in Sugah's game thread April 1 post.
Cher Shares - Page 5 Lilura%20closeup

Cher Shares - Page 5 Playing%20with%20Zara

Lilura wants a lot of kids (8 sounds about right to her), but Lenny would be happy with just one. Unfortunately, Lilura did not get pregnant in this rotation, so we'll have to wait a while to see what happens.

Lenny works in the music career. His career has been spotty because he has a tendency to stick to his principles and it has gotten him fired at times (once for refusing to sell bad music). At the end of this rotation, he is only a Summer Camp Music Teacher, but he's the coolest Summer Camp Music Teacher ever! He spends nearly all of his spare time playing guitar and romancing Lilura.

Lilura is employed in the Paranormal career, but her work ethic is not the best. She has been fired for sloppy research methods, but is currently a Tarot Card Reader.

Zara just got cast as an Extra in a movie, but has not yet reported for her first day of work. If she doesn't have the same problems Lenny and Lilura have at work, she'll probably be out-earning them in no time! laughin
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 5 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 8:43 am

Quote :
...but I ended up assigning aspirations and points based on how I thought those Sims actually were. It sounds crazy maybe, but each of the Sims in this game seemed to already have a personality. When I spent time looking at them, an Aspiration came to mind and that, coupled with their appearance, determined where I assigned their Personality points.

This is precisely what I do more often than not, Cher!
If it sounds crazy, then you and I are BOTH a bit loco, chica! Cher Shares - Page 5 774807
I love it when I can just look at a Sim for awhile and sorta "feel" their sign, aspiration & destiny. Cher Shares - Page 5 687310

Aquarius & Cancer are only a couple of personality points away from each other in game.
I've noticed if I am wanting a certain personality for a Sim and I take away or add just a point or two, here and there...
Cancer can very quickly change to Aquarius and visa versa in CaS mode.
(Not in real life, however. Cher Shares - Page 5 97206)

Quote :
That's why Toni's Enrique and Sugah's Marguerita will probably not end up together...

Sometimes what we intend for our Sims and what inevitably becomes of them, is not always the same destiny, is it?

Lenny and Lilura!!! I am so honored that you have chosen another of my Sims, Cher. Thank you! Cher Shares - Page 5 711747

Quote :
He saw Lilura in the front row at one of his gigs and sent a roadie out to invite her backstage. They hit it off immediately, and soon she had moved in with him...
He spends nearly all of his spare time playing guitar and romancing Lilura.

Awwww! Très romantique! Cher Shares - Page 5 508493

Zora Nightshade is Minxy's cousin! I love it! Cher Shares - Page 5 21650
Let's hope Zora has better work ethics than her human companions. laughin

This was fun, Cher. I'm enjoying your backstories MUCHO.

Cher Shares - Page 5 302407 ThankUforSharing

Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 5 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 11:02 am

Sugah wrote:
If it sounds crazy, then you and I are BOTH a bit loco, chica!

I'm in good company, then!

Quote :
I love it when I can just look at a Sim for awhile and sorta "feel" their sign, aspiration & destiny.

So do I. I hadn't intended to play Sugah's Pleasantview in the same way I usually play a hood. I thought I'd just focus on makin' babies. It's not working out like that because these Sims are telling me they have a more comprehensive story than that, and I'm more invested in their lives because of it.

Quote :
Let's hope Zora has better work ethics than her human companions.

laughin

My next couple is made up of Elle's Avett Price and Toni's Malika.

Avett is a Family Sim/Scorpio, 7-5-6-3-4. Malika is a Family Sim/Pisces, 5-4-5-3-8. Both are very career-oriented, but want a large family as well. Avett has been interested in politics for as long as he can remember, and I gave him a degree in Political Science. His career goal is to reach the top of the Politics career. I gave Malika a degree in Economics and she's in the Business career. Her LTW is to max out all her skills. Avett and Malika met while in University at a seminar on How to Buy Friends and Manipulate Others and quickly realized how much they had in common. Always sensible, they waited until they had graduated before getting married and setting about establishing their careers. Avett was pleased to buy their first house and made quite a production of it.
Cher Shares - Page 5 Moving%20In

As most of my Family Sims tend to do, they immediately went in and checked out the sofa.
Cher Shares - Page 5 Snapshot_8246bea8_2257c2c6

Avett seemed to know something was different even before Malika. The first meal he prepared, autonomously, was watermelon, pickles, and herring.
Cher Shares - Page 5 Avett%20Knows%20Something

I think Malika figured it out after an exceptionally tiring day at work.
Cher Shares - Page 5 Tough%20Day%20at%20Work

One day Jonah stopped by for a visit and a cry. Notice how Avett seems to be trying very hard not to embarrass Jonah by making a big deal out of it. That, or he's not such a great friend. laughin I think he has little understanding for a man with a child who won't take any of the jobs available to him because they're not "fun."
Cher Shares - Page 5 Listening%20to%20Jonah

Baby Elijah. Yet another male in Sugah's Pleasantview!
Cher Shares - Page 5 Baby%20Elijah

Malika does not want to derail her career, so the Prices have hired Nanny Lettie. Nanny Lettie is a bit odd, but she takes good care of Elijah and she even washes dishes and takes out the trash.
Cher Shares - Page 5 Moonlighting
Who does she think is going to tip her?

She broke the TV, but did enjoy the repairman's visit. laughin
Cher Shares - Page 5 Hot%20Repairman

Avett and Malika came home after the first day and, apparently, Nanny Lettie had had a rough day and needed a refreshing beverage.
Cher Shares - Page 5 Nanny%20Lettie%20is%20Thirsty

Guess what happened the day after Elijah was born? Cher Shares - Page 5 12612
Cher Shares - Page 5 Pregnant%20Again

At the end of this rotation, Avett had become a Lobbyist and Malika is a Field Sales Rep. Avett has had a few career ups and downs because he has a little too much initiative at times, but his ambition has made it easy for him to recover from the little bobbles. Malika has been advancing as quickly as a woman who spends most of her time on maternity leave can. Malika and Avett did not start out having triple attraction bolts for each, but somewhere along the way they developed. Cher Shares - Page 5 508493
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 5 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 3:30 pm

Quote :
I'm in good company, then!

As am I, dear lady.  Cher Shares - Page 5 817176

Cher, I forgot to comment on how INTENSE and BOLD my Mardi Gras Walls (at least I think it's them) look in game (Re: Lenny and Lilura's place). Woah!!!
If I'm remembering correctly, I created them on my old laptop.
Things appeared smaller and darker on that little laptop's monitor and I was always surprised at how differently my creations appeared when viewed on a better, bigger monitor.
The Mardi Gras set is no exception! Cher Shares - Page 5 97206
I like bold colors sometimes, don't get me wrong. They certainly fit certain Sims' styles.
I thank you for using my walls in your game.

Cher Shares - Page 5 1347917903

Speaking of...

I see my Owl Party & Metro Goes Au Naturel walls and Living Room sets, too!!! Cher Shares - Page 5 262201
Metro Goes Au Naturel is actually my MOST downloaded set. It's very popular, as are the coordinating walls.
I am glad Avett and Malika like the sets, too! girlwinkin

Quote :
Avett and Malika met while in University at a seminar on How to Buy Friends and Manipulate Others...
Avett was pleased to buy their first house and made quite a production of it...
One day Jonah stopped by for a visit and a cry. Notice how Avett seems to be trying very hard not to embarrass Jonah by making a big deal out of it. That, or he's not such a great friend. laughin I think he has little understanding for a man with a child who won't take any of the jobs available to him because they're not "fun."...
She broke the TV, but did enjoy the repairman's visit...
Malika has been advancing as quickly as a woman who spends most of her time on maternity leave can.

Cher Shares - Page 5 363286

What a hoot! I love your sense of humor, Cher!  Cher Shares - Page 5 99672

That's some sexy lingerie Malika is sporting. Oooh la la!  Cher Shares - Page 5 738528

Quote :
Avett and Malika came home after the first day and, apparently, Nanny Lettie had had a rough day and needed a refreshing beverage.

Whaaaaat? On her own she poured herself a brewski?
Are you kidding me? That is too funny.  Cher Shares - Page 5 598258

Quote :
Malika and Avett did not start out having triple attraction bolts for each, but somewhere along the way they developed.

Awww! Love it when that happens. I guess it's another love match SIMply meant to be.  I love you

Cher Shares - Page 5 366915 Welcome, little Elijah! Cher Shares - Page 5 366915
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 5 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 11:54 pm

Sugah wrote:
I forgot to comment on how INTENSE and BOLD my Mardi Gras Walls (at least I think it's them) look in game

Yes, it's the Mardi Gras set. I thought it suited Lenny and Lilura -- a little wild! Did you notice how it actually reflects the wall color onto their skin, tinting it slightly?

Quote :
Metro Goes Au Naturel is actually my MOST downloaded set. It's very popular, as are the coordinating walls.

I'm not surprised, although there are so many fantastic sets here. The Metro Goes Au Natural is a set that isn't too girly, but isn't too masculine either. I love the earthy tones in it.

Quote :
Whaaaaat? On her own she poured herself a brewski?

Can you believe it?! I had just put the beer in my game. I was so stunned by it I've told Randy and other family members how my Sims' Nanny just sat around drinking a beer near the end of her shift. Not that they care, but sometimes I just have to share what's happened in my game. Cher Shares - Page 5 97206

Quote :
That's some sexy lingerie Malika is sporting. Oooh la la!

She looks all business, but there's a bit of a wild girl in her. Cher Shares - Page 5 12612

You discussed Avett's sexuality in the Offspring thread, so I'll address it more in-depth there, but have you noticed he's the one fixing pregnancy food for Malika, and taking care of the house? laughin
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 5 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 1:30 pm

Before I get back to my game, I just want to give Em a giant THANK YOU! Thanks to your tutorial, Paloma 1.0 lives! Cher Shares - Page 5 74257  She's a teen, but once I had extracted her, I also packaged her aged up to a young adult. I'm not sure where and when I want to add her to Sugah's Pleasantview, so she's installed in my game as both.

I'm back to Jonah Kent and Alyssa Sanders. I only have four couples in this game, so the offspring will all be related in a generation or two, but I'm not inspired to add any more couples at the moment. I'll just add new Sugah's Place Sims as necessary to keep the gene pool fresh.

Despite Jonah's lazy ways, the romance is still very much alive.
Cher Shares - Page 5 Romance%20Still%20Alive

Nick grew into a toddler. Here's Alyssa with one my favorite autonomous interactions.
Cher Shares - Page 5 Tuck%20In

I love the look on Nick's face in this shot.
Cher Shares - Page 5 Mischievous

Lenny came to visit and spent more time with Nick than with Alyssa or Jonah.  laughin He's wearing a suit, so he must have come over straight from work.
Cher Shares - Page 5 Lenny%20Visits

This picture says a thousand words, doesn't it?
Cher Shares - Page 5 Family
Alyssa's expression is very interesting. I think she loves Jonah and her family, but she wishes Jonah would grow up. I'm sure she's also wondering how she'll ever reach a golden anniversary if she's not married.

Cher Shares - Page 5 Listening%20to%20Jonah
After a blunt talking-to from Avett Price, Jonah has determined to do better by Alyssa. He finally got a job in the Slacker career, and has been steadily working his way through a series of ever-better positions. None pay very well, but at least he's staying employed. At the end of this rotation, he is a Projectionist. Alyssa has been promoted to Elementary School Teacher. They can't afford a nanny, so Alyssa has had to use a lot of vacation time in order to take care of Jonah as a baby and a toddler.

Nick grew into a child on Winter's Eve. He seemed to enjoy the tree a lot. Now that he's in school, Alyssa will be able to go back to work.
Cher Shares - Page 5 Yule
Cher Shares - Page 5 Nick%20as%20a%20Child

Edited because I forgot to mention that Nick is a Capricorn, 10-2-3-10-9. I've never seen numbers like that on a born-in-game Sim! 10 neat? 9 nice??? Not that I'm complaining.
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 10:31 am

Patrick and Kelly spent some of this rotation gaining skills, and a lot of it teaching Marshall what he needs to know. I don't have any more pictures of Marshall as a toddler, but by the time he became a child, he'd maxed out his charisma, his logic was 8, and his creativity 2. Smart milk is wonderful, and Kelly was in Platinum enough to use it several times. There's a close-up of Marshall as a child in my Offspring Project thread.

It's now Autumn and Winter, so there is no farming to do. Patrick stays in the Athletic career, hoping to earn enough money to expand the farm in Spring, maybe even enough to retire and farm full time. It's not looking good for that, though, because children can be expensive and Kelly is pregnant again.

Cher Shares - Page 5 Waiting%20for%20Baby

Marshall is a Taurus, 7-7-9-10-1. Now that's the grouchy born-in-game Sim I'm used to! Kelly spent a lot of time teaching Marshall to be nicer.

Cher Shares - Page 5 Teaching%20Niceness

One of my favorite things, and one that doesn't seem to work out very often, is having my Sims sit down to a meal together. In this case, it's breakfast, and the only one who bothered to get dressed was Marshall.

Cher Shares - Page 5 Family%20Meal

Everyone was excited by the new baby, Forest. Yes, another boy. There are now four boys (Nick, Marshall, Elijah, and Forest) in this generation, and no girls. I'm getting worried!

Cher Shares - Page 5 New%20Baby%20Born

Cher Shares - Page 5 New%20Baby%20Forest
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 11:04 am

I love these pictures of the family!
Cher How do you handle pregnancy clothes? Do you use the "wear anything" hack?
Cher wrote:
Everyone was excited by the new baby, Forest. Yes, another boy. There are now four boys (Nick, Marshall, Elijah, and Forest) in this generation, and no girls. I'm getting worried!
Wow! That is a lot of boys!! laughin
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 4:13 pm

Cher wrote:
Yes, it's the Mardi Gras set. I thought it suited Lenny and Lilura -- a little wild! Did you notice how it actually reflects the wall color onto their skin, tinting it slightly?

It does suit (bold, beautiful & slightly wild) Lenny & Lilura. I agree!
And I hadn't noticed how the wall colors tint their skin slightly. Woah!

Quote :
I was so stunned by it I've told Randy and other family members how my Sims' Nanny just sat around drinking a beer near the end of her shift. Not that they care, but sometimes I just have to share what's happened in my game.

Cher Shares - Page 5 97206

I hear ya!
I often wonder what non-Sim players think of us going on about our virtual peeps sometimes. laughin

Quote :
Here's Alyssa with one my favorite autonomous interactions.

Mine, too! Love it! I love you

I love the pic of Jonah embracing Nick and the look on daddy's face.
If only he'd put on his big boy pants and grow up...Maybe he'll be a successful Professional Party Planner some day.

What a darling child Nick is! I can not get over his big, beautiful, green orbs, Lady C!
He's gorgeous!

Quote :
I just want to give Em a giant THANK YOU! Thanks to your tutorial, Paloma 1.0 lives!

Em did an excellent job on the How to Extract Sims from Game tutorial. It is very comprehensive and easy-to-follow. Cher Shares - Page 5 12612

Cher, if you've answered this before, I have forgotten.
I know Mac plays rotations, too. How long are yours each time you play?

Quote :
Marshall as a toddler, but by the time he became a child, he'd maxed out his charisma, his logic was 8, and his creativity 2. Smart milk is wonderful...

Way to go, Marshall!
I need to remember to use Smart Milk. I used to use it all the time when training toddlers. Cher Shares - Page 5 85797

Quote :
...it's breakfast, and the only one who bothered to get dressed was Marshall.

He may not be terribly nice, but he's definitely adept at social graces (eg proper attire while dining). Cher Shares - Page 5 598258

Quote :
Yes, another boy. There are now four boys (Nick, Marshall, Elijah, and Forest) in this generation, and no girls. I'm getting worried!

Boys drool, girls rule! Cher Shares - Page 5 99672
I was worried for awhile when I had 3 girls and no boys, Cher.
But I think I shared in another thread I now have 4 girls and 2 boys.
Hopefully, your (Sugah's) Pleasantville boys versus girls population will even out SOON! Cher Shares - Page 5 940149

Cher Shares - Page 5 366915 Welcome, wee Forest!!! Cher Shares - Page 5 366915

It's always so much fun visiting your game antics, whether in Cher Shares or your Offspring Project threads, Lady C.

Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 5:09 pm

Sandy wrote:
Cher How do you handle pregnancy clothes? Do you use the "wear anything" hack?

I do use the "wear anything" hack, and I also have a lot of default replacements in my game. I can't believe I didn't know about those until a little over a year ago. A lot of custom clothes don't have a preg morph, so I often change those when a Sim is pregnant. Just this week, I added the Classic Pajama defaults, which I think look cute with the preg morph.

Sugah wrote:
I know Mac plays rotations, too. How long are yours each time you play?

I've been playing a full Sim week -- 8:00 Monday morning to 8:00 the next Monday morning. I just now remembered I was going to play just a season, which is five days with the calendar I use. I got into playing and forgot I was going to do that.  Cher Shares - Page 5 657259

Quote :
I need to remember to use Smart Milk. I used to use it all the time when training toddlers.

I was lucky Kelly could even make Smart Milk. This first generation is tough because they mostly aren't in Platinum. I've had no visits from the Gypsy to drop off lamps. How do I get her to show up again?

Quote :
He may not be terribly nice, but he's definitely adept at social graces (eg proper attire while dining).
Boys drool, girls rule!

Cher Shares - Page 5 99672

I have GunMod's Radiance installed in my game, which is supposed to be more realistic lighting. I like what it does with the outdoor lighting a lot, but it seems my indoor lighting is often dim. When I remember, I add lights in order to take some of the pictures. That might also be why some of the darker walls add a bit of a tinted cast to the Sims' skins.  Cher Shares - Page 5 553217

Quote :
It's always so much fun visiting your game antics, whether in Cher Shares or your Offspring Project threads, Lady C.

Thank you for saying so. I've enjoyed everyone's threads a lot, and I've learned a lot about story development and picture-taking from them.

Randy is out of town ordering a new fire truck (actually doing the final "pre-order" inspection, whatever that means), so I've had a lot of time to play the last couple of days. There are thunder storms in the forecast from tonight through Saturday, so I may or may not be online much. Cher Shares - Page 5 971462 In the meantime, Lenny and Lilura finally got their family started.

Lenny continues to have ups and downs with his career. In his defense, sorta, it's because he won't compromise when it comes to music. He started this rotation as a Summer Camp Music Teacher, but was demoted for refusing to play what the Camp Director wanted and choosing a better song instead. It was back to the record store for him, where he was fined for trying to wake up his co-workers with a lively dance party. Then he was fired for judging a music contest in favor of talent over flash. Why do people in the industry have such a hard time understanding Lenny?! He was hilarious when he came home -- threw a little tantrum and kicked the air. I've never seen that extreme a reaction to being fired; I wish I'd gotten a picture of it. Lenny won't be deterred from his dream, and got right back in the business. He's not afraid to start from the bottom no matter how many times it takes. He ended this rotation right where he started, as a Summer Camp Music Teacher.

Cher Shares - Page 5 Fired%20Again

Lilura had advanced to the level of Medium before she finally got pregnant. She still tried to work as much as she could, but it was very tiring. The bed was so close, yet so far away!

Cher Shares - Page 5 So%20Close

Lilura gave birth to (finally!) Sugah's Pleasantview's first girl, Astraea. There's a close-up of her here. Lenny did the woohoo, but that's not exactly a smile on his face, is it?

Cher Shares - Page 5 New%20Baby

I think Lilura, who wants about 8 kids if you remember, likes the idea of a large family more than she likes actually taking care of a family. She's also certain that, as a soon-to-be-famous psychic with a soon-to-be-famous baby daddy, they need more than just a nanny; they need a household manager. She immediately hired Butler Marco Tsang.

Cher Shares - Page 5 Butler%20Marco%20Tsang

Zara found it difficult to get her humans to spend much time training her, but she did manage to get a promotion to Extra in the Show Biz career.

Cher Shares - Page 5 Training%20Zara%20for%20Promotion

She likes to hunt, but then she just leaves the carcass because she's too finicky to eat it. Rolling Eyes

Cher Shares - Page 5 Killer%20Zara
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 5:38 pm

Quote :
I've had no visits from the Gypsy to drop off lamps. How do I get her to show up again?

I found this in answer to your query, but I honestly do not know how accurate the information is:

The Sims Wiki wrote:
To be awarded the genie, one or more Sims in the household must have high enthusiasm in a hobby and high Lifetime Aspiration, which will summon the Gypsy Matchmaker to deliver the lamp. For each Sim with a Lifetime Aspiration level of 7 or higher, there is a 2% chance (per day) that the matchmaker will bring the lamp. The Gypsy Matchmaker may eventually deliver the lamp even if it is meant to belong to a Sim's dormmates, roommate, neighbor in the same apartment, or even a visiting Sim...

...While receiving the lamp at all is unlikely, receiving it is not necessarily a once-in-a-lifetime event. A Sim who has moved out of a household that received a lamp may receive another one, even if he or she received the memory of finding the lamp. Also, a household that received a lamp more than 14 Sim days ago is eligible to receive another one.

Just so I understand what you've shared ... a season in Sims 2 is only five days?
And you are currently playing each Sim rotation in your game at seven days?
(I don't play with Seasons, you may recall.)

Quote :
Why do people in the industry have such a hard time understanding Lenny?! He was hilarious when he came home -- threw a little tantrum and kicked the air. I've never seen that extreme a reaction to being fired...

Well if I were a terribly misunderstood musician, constantly getting demoted, fined and fired, I'd probably feel compelled to throw a fit eventually myself!  Cher Shares - Page 5 97206
Gotta love his tenacity and willing to pick himself up and get back in the biz again, don't you?
You go, Lenny! Don't compromise your music and work ethics for anyone!!!  Cher Shares - Page 5 687310

Quote :
The bed was so close, yet so far away!

Cher Shares - Page 5 598258 Just missed it by a hair!

Quote :
Sugah's Pleasantview's first girl, Astraea.

Cher Shares - Page 5 366915  Cher Shares - Page 5 790471  Cher Shares - Page 5 366915

Quote :
Lilura, who wants about 8 kids if you remember, likes the idea of a large family more than she likes actually taking care of a family.
Quote :
...they need more than just a nanny; they need a household manager. She immediately hired Butler Marco Tsang.

I keep forgetting about the butlers! I need to have one of my wealthier, busier families hire one eventually.
Do you like the butlers in game, Cher? They are useful? Dependable? Worth the Simoleons?
(If I asked you that ages ago, I have forgotten the answer.  Cher Shares - Page 5 774807 )

Woah! What EP allowed Pets to HUNT? I don't think I have that option in my game.
And if I DO, I haven't seen it yet. Good catch, Zara!  Cher Shares - Page 5 940149
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 5 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 11:51 pm

Sugah wrote:
I found this in answer to your query, but I honestly do not know how accurate the information is:

Thank you for finding that. It's interesting because it sounds like the Gypsy's visits are pretty rare. In Pirri Pirri, they weren't rare at all, but I don't remember what it was like before I played that hood. Even my Uni kids got lamps handed out on a regular basis. If I don't get any Gypsy visits, I guess I can either cheat for a platinum aspiration (which I don't like to do), change the Sim's LTW, or live without the benefits. Since I usually extend the lifespans with the green elixir, the platinum really only matters when I'm trying to use things like the Smart Milk.

Quote :
Just so I understand what you've shared ... a season in Sims 2 is only five days?
And you are currently playing each Sim rotation in your game at seven days?

According to the booklet that came with my Seasons disc, "Most seasons last for around five days, but sometimes Winter seems to stretch on longer and longer and you may get unseasonably warm weather when you're expecting the crisp days of Autumn. Regardless of how you plan your neighborhood's seasons, the seasons slowly change as the next approaches, mixing elements of both until the first season passes into the next."

The length of a season is slightly variable. However, I use this calendar. It sounds like it's possible to use the 12 day calendar whether or not you have Seasons, and the 20 day calendars are created for players with Seasons. I use the 20 day calendar with holidays, which makes each season five days. It works the same as the original seasons, though, in that there is a bit of mixing of the seasons during the days near a change. For example, there can be a light snow in the first day or two of Spring. The holidays are just fun, and the kids get a day off school for Winter's Day.

So, I had thought I'd play a season, or five days, at a time, just for a change. Then I forgot, and played seven days like I usually do. I think I'll stick with seven days. If I had been playing five days at a time, I would have had to play two rotations for several of the couples before there were any offspring to show.

Quote :
Gotta love his tenacity and willing to pick himself up and get back in the biz again, don't you?

One of my favorite Sims in the game that went kablooey, before I played the Pirri Pirri hood, was Pierre. He also wanted to be a Rock God, and actually achieved it more than once. He had six kids with his wife, and one with the neighbor lady. affraid  He was fired the day before he became an elder and so had no pension. He felt bad about letting his family donw. He was a sad man who spent all his spare time playing guitar and reliving his glory days. That was my first experience with a Sim autonomously doing anything besides taking care of the necessities. Hopefully, things will work out better for Lenny.

Quote :
Do you like the butlers in game, Cher? They are useful? Dependable? Worth the Simoleons?

I've only had a butler once before this. It was for a family in a huge house, with the parents, two children, and all four grandparents living together. He was very dependable, but had a tendency to just keep serving meals when he had nothing else to do. I'd have to keep making someone put away the leftovers (which I think is a function that came with Seasons, maybe?) until the fridge ran out of food. Sometimes I just turned the refrigerator around so he couldn't get into it, then I'd turn it back when a playable Sim needed to eat. The family was large and wealthy, and the butler was definitely worth the Simoleans.

Butlers will call to have groceries delivered and hire an exterminator when necessary. He will also call the police or fire department when necessary. He cleans, but he also cooks, looks after the kids, repairs broken things, and does the gardening for players with Seasons. He's there from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m. He costs more than a maid, gardener, and nanny combined, but he doesn't leave when there's nothing for him to do. Instead, he's there for those hours, so he's available immediately when something needs to be done. He can also be told to allow no visitors, greet all visitors and invite them in, or leave the decision up to you.

Lilura jumped the gun by hiring a butler when the house and family are so small, but it's her way. Go big or go home. It's likely to cause problems because he's expensive, which will make it harder for them to save money. Lenny wants to live in a bigger, better house. He wants a car. He wants more stuff. When he makes it big, he will want a fabulous mansion.

Quote :
Woah! What EP allowed Pets to HUNT? I don't think I have that option in my game.

It's actually a mod called Au Naturel Pet Food from Plumb Bob Keep. I didn't change my mods when I created a new game for Sugah's Pleasantview; I just copied my Mods and Hacks folder from the Isle of Demeter game. Since I planned Isle of Demeter to include some serious farming and ranching, and there is a mountain zone, and a Gypsy encampment, I have a lot of mods related to those things. There are a lot of crops that weren't included with Seasons, a lot of farm animals and the ability to chop wood from Affinity, and some mods meant for dogs and cats that won't have as cushy a life as Zara does. I was just testing out the Au Naturel mod to see how it works. I don't play a medieval game, but many of the crafting stations and other things will be useful for some of the zones I have set up.

As always, thank you for stopping by and taking an interest in my game!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 5 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 8:43 am

Quote :
It's interesting because it sounds like the Gypsy's visits are pretty rare. In Pirri Pirri, they weren't rare at all...

That's what I got out of it and I haven't found that to be true in any of my 'hoods EVER.
Many of my families have received the Gypsy's lamp, like your Pirri Pirri residents.

Cher wrote:
According to the booklet that came with my Seasons disc, "Most seasons last for around five days, but sometimes Winter seems to stretch on longer and longer...
I use the 20 day calendar with holidays, which makes each season five days.
Phaenoh wrote:
The 20 Day calendar is made for those of you with Seasons, where each season is 5 days long and your year is 20 days.

What a neat calender by Phaenoh! She did a great job, didn't she?
I like the images she used (love the bunny lying in the daisies  Cher Shares - Page 5 598258 ) and the cool font. (I wonder where I can find that font???  Cher Shares - Page 5 62525 )

Quote :
...in the game that went kablooey...

Kablooey!  laughin

Your Pierre never got his priorities straight until too late, did he?
How sad that he ended up being a sad old man, strumming his six-string, reliving his glory days.
Here's hoping Lenny gets with the program before he ends up the same as Pierre of Pirri Pirri.  Cher Shares - Page 5 266736

Quote :
I've only had a butler once before this...
He was very dependable, but had a tendency to just keep serving meals when he had nothing else to do...
Sometimes I just turned the refrigerator around so he couldn't get into it, then I'd turn it back when a playable Sim needed to eat.

I had no idea the butler does all the things you listed. WOW!
Does he call for groceries & the exterminator, the police or fire department as needed without being prompted?
All on his own? If so, that's impressive!  Cher Shares - Page 5 12612

BTW, I think leftovers DID come with Seasons, but it was an option, thereafter.
In other words, the leftovers function was rolled into later EPs after Seasons.

Lilura's Way: Go big or go home.

Haha! I'm lovin' that!

You've got me curious about just how much a butler costs now.
You said he's more expensive than all the help combined (nanny + gardner + maid).
But it sounds like, if a family can afford him, he may be worth it...ESP. if he does all chores you mentioned autonomously!

OMG! That mod for Au Naturel Pet Food is AWESOME!
How creative! And all the critter options! Woah!
I don't play with many mods or hacks, but I may have to try that one out just to see it in game. Cher Shares - Page 5 21650

Quote :
As always, thank you for stopping by and taking an interest in my game!

Cher Shares - Page 5 302391

I enjoy visiting your game threads, as I've said.
And you know how much I appreciate you taking an interest in mine as well.  Cher Shares - Page 5 243713
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 5 EmptySat May 16, 2015 11:16 pm

Oh, wow, there's been so much going on in this thread that I missed!

I'm enjoying the more detailed back stories for the sims in your project. I sure hope Jonah shapes up, for Alyssa's sake. I like what a quirky couple Lenny and Lilura are. (I missed her somehow when searching for sims. She's very pretty.)

Is it just me or do Nanny Lettie and the repairman seem like they would make a cute couple? laughin So funny that she just helps herself to a beer while on the job. affraid

Quote :
It sounds crazy maybe, but each of the Sims in this game seemed to already have a personality. When I spent time looking at them, an Aspiration came to mind and that, coupled with their appearance, determined where I assigned their Personality points.

That's what I did too, though in hindsight, I guess it would have been better for the project had I made them mostly family sims. Cher Shares - Page 5 774807

Cher wrote:
One of my favorite things, and one that doesn't seem to work out very often, is having my Sims sit down to a meal together.

Me too! I find myself snapping a photo whenever I catch that happening, because it doesn't happen nearly as often as I'd like. It's so nice when it works out.

Quote :
A lot of custom clothes don't have a preg morph,

It's a shame they don't. I use that hack too and more often than not I never see my sims' baby bumps, because their outfits don't have a pregnancy morph. verklempt

Quote :
I have GunMod's Radiance installed in my game, which is supposed to be more realistic lighting. I like what it does with the outdoor lighting a lot, but it seems my indoor lighting is often dim.

I wondered if you did. I agree with your assessment of it. It adds some nice depth, but sometimes too much darkness. I didn't realize it made bold colors like the walls you're using reflect their color so much.

Cher wrote:
. He was very dependable, but had a tendency to just keep serving meals when he had nothing else to do. I'd have to keep making someone put away the leftovers (which I think is a function that came with Seasons, maybe?) until the fridge ran out of food.

That's funny. My sims hired a butler recently, for the first time ever, and he would only cook breakfast. Usually no one would be hungry or have time to eat so it went to waste. Then he wouldn't cook again for the rest of the day, even if it was dinner time and no one was hungry. Usually I ended up dismissing the butler, because he spend most of the day just wandering around with nothing to do.

Sugah wrote:
You've got me curious about just how much a butler costs now.

I believe it was 20 or 25 per hour.

Thanks for the link for the Au Naturel Pet Food. That looks really interesting.

Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cher Shares
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next