Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Cher Shares

Go down 
+9
mac
autumnelle
Grykon
Ullwera
SandySimmer
butterflyunion
Caleb_71
twerplina
Sugah
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

Cher Shares - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 7 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 10:20 am

Am loving the family pictures! I really like the color of Alyssa's hair also!

Cher wrote:
Patrick got home and found Alyssa looking at him through the telescope, so he stomped over and yelled at her

I hate when that happens. Rolling Eyes   If I see the sims looking into the telescope during the day I gasp and try to get them away from it so they don't get slapped!!  I am such a micro-controller!! laughin

I learned something in this thread about the Golden Anniversary want! I didn't know about the option of the elder party to fulfill it, yay!! Cher Shares - Page 7 12612
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 7 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 3:22 pm

Sandy wrote:
I hate when that happens. Rolling Eyes If I see the sims looking into the telescope during the day I gasp and try to get them away from it so they don't get slapped!!  I am such a micro-controller!!

You and me both, Lady S!!! Cher Shares - Page 7 97206
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 7 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 3:25 pm

Sandy wrote:
I really like the color of Alyssa's hair also!

So do I. It's one of the reasons I kept her even though it turned out to be binned as brown rather than red. Cher Shares - Page 7 12612

Quote :
I am such a micro-controller!!

I usually am, too. I failed to prevent that particular drama, though. laughin

Sugah, I knew about the party options, but I never did them. I think I finally threw my first (and only, so far) party a couple of years ago. That's when I found out there's a little movie that plays after a successful birthday party. There are a lot of things I've learned (like how to get a Golden Anniversary) long after I started playing the game. In another thread, we were talking about how you get gay Sims without ACR, and my first one was gay without my knowing how it happened. Randy's sister told me how it must have happened. She also made charts of zodiac signs and aspirations and which combinations resulted in one, two, or three attraction bolts. None of that had ever occurred to me; I was just ignorantly playing away.  Cher Shares - Page 7 598258 Now I have a set of mods that changes how some of the attractions are calculated. Don't ask me how, because I don't know, but it's supposed to factor in other things like interests and be more realistic.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 7 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:01 pm

I was never successful at throwing parties many moons ago, so I just gave up.
Same thing with my Sims having to suck up to that stuffy old schoolmaster.
Screw that! No matter what any other Simmers suggested, I stunk at both of the above endeavors.  Cher Shares - Page 7 971462
It doesn't sound like it matters whether a Sims' golden anniversary party is a success or not.
Married Sims just get to throw one when they become elders (and the phone option comes up), right?
They aren't graded on the success of the anniversary party, are they???  Cher Shares - Page 7 266736

Quote :
...and my first one was gay without my knowing how it happened.

wow!  Cher Shares - Page 7 534790

Now that's meant to be!  Cher Shares - Page 7 226245

Cher wrote:
She also made charts of zodiac signs and aspirations and which combinations resulted in one, two, or three attraction bolts.

I've known about this sort of thing for a long while, as I have read some articles & own all the Prima Guides.
Let me tell ya, and I know I've said this a time or two already, but ...
The Sims 2 zodiac sign compatibility is not terribly accurate by real life astrological standards.  Rolling Eyes
(Pigs will fly before Virgo & Pisces are a good match with Sagittarius and a Pisces paired with Gemini, for example. laughin )
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 11:28 pm

Sugah wrote:
Screw that!
Quote :
Pigs will fly before Virgo & Pisces are a good match with Sagittarius and a Pisces paired with Gemini, for example.

Cher Shares - Page 7 99672

I have a little catching up to do. I added six Sims and put them in the same apartment building, segregated by gender. I thought I'd do what so many others are doing, and let them choose their own partners. I must have the most boring, non-sexual set of Sims ever. I played the guys for a full Sim-week and none of them seems to care about partnering up, and I made sure they met plenty of other single Sims. I have ACR installed, and most of the interactions are enabled, and all the guys have autonomy of 4 or 5, but .... nothing. Rolling Eyes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before I get to the new Sims, I have an update on Patrick and Kelly Lorrin.

There was a bit of excitement on Winter's Eve, but nothing was destroyed. Thanks for dragging all that snow in, Mr. Firefighter.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Fire

Marshall has become a good student, thanks to Kelly's insistence that homework always comes first.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Homework

Poor Marshall just wanted to share the excitement of his first A+ report card with his parents. He got a little more excitement than he was expecting.  Cher Shares - Page 7 774807
Cher Shares - Page 7 Snapshot_2246af8f_826f32ea

Patrick is busier than ever. He's added some fruit trees to the small crop he's growing.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Garden%20and%20Orchard

He still has to work (it doesn't help that I couldn't be bothered to buy a burglar alarm and the TV was stolen), and is currently a Coach. Nonetheless, he always makes time for a game of catch with Marshall.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Playing%20Catch

Forest grew into a toddler and Kelly devoted herself to seeing that he learned all the things a toddler needs to know. There's a closeup of Forest as a toddler in my Offspring thread.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Forest%20Learns%20to%20Walk

I included this because I thought it was sweet.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Awww_1

Kelly may be pregnant again, but I'm not sure.  Cher Shares - Page 7 266736
Cher Shares - Page 7 Maybe%20Pregnant
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 6:54 am

Cher64 wrote:
Poor Marshall just wanted to share the excitement of his first A+ report card with his parents. He got a little more excitement than he was expecting. Cher Shares - Page 7 774807

And a little more education, as well! Cher Shares - Page 7 97206
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 9:01 am

Cher wrote:
I thought I'd do what so many others are doing, and let them choose their own partners. I must have the most boring, non-sexual set of Sims ever. ...
Thanks for dragging all that snow in, Mr. Firefighter...
He got a little more excitement than he was expecting...
...(it doesn't help that I couldn't be bothered to buy a burglar alarm and the TV was stolen)...

Cher Shares - Page 7 363286

Hahaha! I love it, Cher! Hilarious! laughin
Your sense of humor tickles my funny bone, m'lady.
One can never have too many opportunities in life to laugh.
Don't you agree? Cher Shares - Page 7 344738

I see some of my walls in the Lorrin's humble abode and I thank you, as always, for your support. Cher Shares - Page 7 711747

Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 10:22 pm

I did it again, only this time I lost a much longer post. Cher Shares - Page 7 898330

Mac wrote:
And a little more education, as well!

Too true!

Sugah wrote:
One can never have too many opportunities in life to laugh.
Don't you agree?

I do agree, and I'm glad you enjoy my slightly sarcastic sense of humor. laughin  I think a good laugh makes nearly everything better.

------------------------------------------------------------

I usually choose my last names randomly. In this case, I thought Fin looked Norwegian enough to give him my niece's Norwegian last name. Also, something in Ilyse's face reminds me of the gorgeous actress Christina Hendricks, so I gave her the same last name.

I moved Toni's Colin Jamison, Jen's Fin Andersen, and Toni's Kurt Lee into an apartment together.
Cher Shares - Page 7 The%20Boys

Kurt and Colin spend a lot of time gossiping together. Seriously, I've never seen Sims gossip so much.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Gossip
Fin: "Guys, I'm right here. I can hear you."

I moved Ari's Ilyse Hendricks, Autumn Daire, and Ember Donovan into an apartment in the same building.
Cher Shares - Page 7 The%20Girls

I played the guys first for a Sim week and nothing happened. Nothing. Once I started playing the girls, things started to pick up.

Colin is a Knowledge/Romance Sim, Aries, 5-7-6-4-3. His LTW is to become a Media Magnate and he's currently a Fact Checker in the Journalism career. I thought he might be gay because he seemed to be attracted to Angelo, a Townie and therefore ineligible. However, when I played the girls, he and Ember hit it off. Then he and Autumn hit it off. When I checked in on him to see who he liked, he is in love with Ember (two lightning bolts), but wants to have two loves at once. He has three bolts with Autumn. Later, when I started playing Tawny, she had a crush on Colin. I had to keep a close eye on her or she would be flirting with him, no matter who else was around. He seems to have Enrique-level pheromones. I think he's just a horndog. I haven't checked in with him yet to see if he's attracted to Tawny. He does keep turning away from her advances, but Ember has always been there at the time.

Ember is a Family/Knowledge Sim, Leo, 4-8-4-4-5. Her LTW is to have a Golden Anniversary and she's also employed in the Journalism career as a Fact Checker. She and Colin quickly fell in love.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Love_1
Cher Shares - Page 7 Hookup%202
Cher Shares - Page 7 Oops

That didn't stop Autumn from making a move on Colin.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Sneaky
What's interesting is that Colin and Autumn repeatedly go to bed together, but neither one can go through with woohoo. I'm guessing they can't do it while Ember is home. There hasn't been an opportunity to see what happens when Ember is not home.

Colin was there when Ember finally had to admit to herself that she didn't have the flu; she was pregnant.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Guess%20What

He's OK with that --
Cher Shares - Page 7 Baby%20Not%20a%20Problem
-- though it doesn't stop him from trying to (unsuccessfully) woohoo with Autumn every chance he gets. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 11:52 am

Quote :
If I see the sims looking into the telescope during the day I gasp and try to get them away from it so they don't get slapped!! I am such a micro-controller!! laughin

I'm not even a micro-controller, but I do that too. There are just somethings you have to step in and tell them not to do for their own good, like looking through the telescope during the day or bathing the baby when it's not dirty or when I diaper change is what they really need. I think I used to have a hack that kept sims from getting slapped when they look through the telescope during the day. I'm not sure if it's still in my game or not. Cher Shares - Page 7 62525

I still have my sims throw parties sometimes. Usually it's when I want to invite a large group over without calling them individually. I try not to worry about the score though.

Quote :
I must have the most boring, non-sexual set of Sims ever.

Cher Shares - Page 7 97206 Can you send some of them my way. My sims could use a little less excitement. Did you make sure they had a gender preference established right away? Maybe the girls weren't assigned one until you played them. Maybe that's why nothing was happening when you had only played the guys' apartment. Cher Shares - Page 7 553217

Cute pictures of Kelly and Patrick's family. It looks like things are going pretty well for them, aside from the Christmas tree fire.

Quote :
He seems to have Enrique-level pheromones. I think he's just a horndog.

Cher Shares - Page 7 99672 Enrique-level! That's serious! Cher Shares - Page 7 99672 Sounds like things really picked up since you started. Have you checked ACR to see who Colin has as "The One." If it's not Autumn for him (or not Colin for Autumn) that might be why they're not going through with it. You should look at their memories to see if one has the memory of being rejected by the other. This would be the point in my game where I would start splitting them up. Once one sim starts rejecting someone in favor of someone else, I take that as a sign (especially if they're expecting a baby with the sim they aren't rejecting). Colin and Ember would make a cute couple. (Psst . . .just get them away from Autumn . . . Cher Shares - Page 7 226245 )

Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 12:53 pm

YUM! I don't normally like long hair on male Sims, but Toni's Kurt is rockin' those long golden tresses!
He's a snack. hubbahubba

Cher wrote:
Seriously, I've never seen Sims gossip so much...
Fin: "Guys, I'm right here. I can hear you."

Cher Shares - Page 7 598258 ... This proves that the female persuasion does NOT have the market cornered on being big gossips!  Cher Shares - Page 7 422794

Quote :
He seems to have Enrique-level pheromones. I think he's just a horndog.

Cher Shares - Page 7 448283

Em wrote:
Colin and Ember would make a cute couple. (Psst . . . just get them away from Autumn . . . Cher Shares - Page 7 226245)

Cher Shares - Page 7 147390

Good idea, Em! What'd'ya think, Cher?
Perhaps it's just a little too much togetherness with Autumn a little too close for comfort, especially now that Ember is carrying Horndog's child.  Cher Shares - Page 7 97206

As always, I am tickled to see so many of my walls & recolors in your game, Lady C. Cher Shares - Page 7 881668
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 5:19 pm

Thanks for the update on Patrick and Kelly. BTW I love the hair she has now!

Cher wrote:
Patrick is busier than ever. He's added some fruit trees to the small crop he's growing.

Wow! He is one busy guy!! AND he does gardening! Cher Shares - Page 7 12612

Cher wrote:
Kurt and Colin spend a lot of time gossiping together. Seriously, I've never seen Sims gossip so much.

Cher wrote:
Once I started playing the girls, things started to pick up.
Looks like the hearts started flying!!

Nice looking group! blinkinhearts

Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 5:53 pm

Em wrote:
I think I used to have a hack that kept sims from getting slapped when they look through the telescope during the day. I'm not sure if it's still in my game or not.
I'd be interested in finding out more about that, if you have it. I don't like having to keep such a close eye on a Sim who's just trying to gain Logic points.

Quote :
My sims could use a little less excitement.
Yes, your Sims are a soap opera all on their own! laughin

As for ACR, I'm trying to learn as I go along. When I looked at most of the guys, I saw that there was no particular gender preference selected. I think the girls started out the same way. But when I went to Jake and Tawny's lot and checked them, they were both set at "straight (low)," whatever the low means. I thought ACR set sexuality based on a percentage chance, but it doesn't seem like that happened with all my Sims. Also, Jake and Tawny had already made appearances and interacted with other Sims on community lots before I went in and played them. With some of the apartment dwellers, because nothing appeared to be selected, I chose to randomize, which assigned 2 / -2 gender preference, all of them straight. Am I doing it right?

I'll go in and check Colin's settings next time I play to see if Ember is The One. The interaction between Colin and Autumn is always the same, though I don't know who does the "relax" first. They both relax, then Colin goes to put his arm around Autumn and she turns away. Then she turns back and makes a move towards him, and he turns away. They both get out of bed and get dressed. Then it starts all over again.  Cher Shares - Page 7 62525

I do think it will be a good idea to move Ember and Colin out together and give them a fighting chance at being a successful couple. Especially since, as Sugah said,
Quote :
Ember is carrying Horndog's child.
Cher Shares - Page 7 99672

Sugah wrote:
YUM! I don't normally like long hair on male Sims, but Toni's Kurt is rockin' those long golden tresses!
He's a snack.

IRL, my appreciation for long hair on a man very much depends on the man. Some (but not many) look fantastic and it seems to suit them perfectly, and with others, it doesn't work for me at all.

Sugah, I love using your walls in my game. They look great and each type of wall gives me an idea of what I want to do with a lot. I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them when I downloaded the loft bricks -- they're perfect for downtown apartments.

I played the men's apartment for a Sim week, then the women's apartment. Since the goal was for them to find partners among themselves, I'm telling their stories by pairing rather than by which lot I played. Except for Kurt. Kurt is my most asexual Sim; he doesn't seem interested in anyone and no one seems interested in him, but he makes friends easily.

Sandy wrote:
Wow! He is one busy guy!! AND he does gardening!

I love Patrick. He's such a devoted family man, and desperate to live that dream of making his living from the land. I feel bad for him that he still has to go to work.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 11:35 pm

I do still have the telescope hack. And I found it here. I also have a hack that makes sims spy on random sims through the telescope instead of always looking at the same sim.

Quote :
But when I went to Jake and Tawny's lot and checked them, they were both set at "straight (low)," whatever the low means.

I believe every time I sim has a positive romantic interaction with another sim that increases their gender preference for that gender. If they've just had a few romantic interactions, their gender preference will be low. If they've had several interactions it will eventually go to high. ACR gives options to set your sims gender preference to things like "straight (low)" or "straight (high)." I believe if it's set to low, your sim will be more likely to accept romantic interactions from sims who are not of their preferred gender and their gender preference might be more likely to change based on the romantic interactions they have. When the gender preference is high, they are more likely to reject romantic interactions from their non-preferred gender and they will be less likely to change their gender preference. I usually set my sims' gender preferences to low to give them the opportunity to change if they don't like how I chose their gender preference. laughin (I'm not sure if it make much of a difference, really.)

Quote :
I thought ACR set sexuality based on a percentage chance, but it doesn't seem like that happened with all my Sims.

I think you can set the percentage of how many sims in your hood will be gay, straight, or bi, but that doesn't affect how gay, straight, or bi they are. (As in high or low).

Quote :
I chose to randomize, which assigned 2 / -2 gender preference, all of them straight. Am I doing it right?

That sounds right. I usually do randomize too when I want to make sure all of my sims have a gender preference rather than setting it manually for each one. If they are 2/-2, that means you have it set to assign their gender preference as low. I'm not sure what the value would be for high, since I usually choose low, but it would give higher numbers than that (indicating that a sim, really preferred one gender over another. I don't know if it's just coincidence that they all ended up being straight or if the odds were set higher for straight sims than bi or gay.

Quote :
They both relax, then Colin goes to put his arm around Autumn and she turns away. Then she turns back and makes a move towards him, and he turns away. They both get out of bed and get dressed. Then it starts all over again.

laughin It sounds like they're both trying to initiate things and then turning the other one down. I've had that happen with my sims, but usually just one turns away, not both. I hate when they get in that cycle of trying the same thing over and over again. They just can't take the hint that the other one isn't interested. Then I start thinking to my sim that's doing the rejecting, what were you thinking, getting into bed with them in the first place if you weren't interested. Rolling Eyes laughin

It's so funny how the sims we're downloading seem to have similarities (and differences) between our games. I think Patrick is a pretty great, nice guy in my game too. I love you It's kind of neat to see how their personalities shine through. Some time we all should compare notes on the personalities and aspirations we chose for the common sims we've chosen.
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 3:30 pm

Em, thank you so much for taking to the time to help me understand ACR. I did print out the FAQs/manual, but there's a lot of specific information that isn't specific enough for me! Thank you also for the link; I'm off to check it out.

Quote :
Some time we all should compare notes on the personalities and aspirations we chose for the common sims we've chosen.

I would love to do that. I find it interesting how the Patricks are nice and Enriques are players, yet never seem to be jerks about it.
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 2:28 pm

Even though I wrote about Colin and Ember first, they were not the first of the apartment dwellers to -- uh -- get along. Cher Shares - Page 7 738528  They were the first to fall in love, and the Autumn side story was interesting, so I went with them first.

Kurt is a Fortune/TBD Sim, Aquarius, 3-5-3-8-6. He's a Trash Talker in the Gamer career whose LTW is to earn 100,000 simoleons. He is attracted to no one at this time, and no one is attracted to him. I don't know why. Cher Shares - Page 7 553217  I don't like outings much, but with the apartment group I accepted the invitations so they could meet people and hopefully develop attractions. It didn't help Kurt. I mean, look at him. There's nothing wrong with the poor guy.  Cher Shares - Page 7 62525
Cher Shares - Page 7 Kurt_1

He makes friends easily, though.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Kurts%20Night%20Out

Autumn is a Knowledge/Family Sim, Aquarius, 5-5-4-5-6. Her LTW is to max out all her skills. She's employed in the Law Enforcement career as a Desk Sargeant. Her current The One is Colin, though she's not his; Ember is. She did get him to come over one day and repair the TV, computer, and piano. Those girls are hard on their stuff! I don't know why, but there's almost always a group playing kicky ball. Anytime I'm not paying attention to a Sim, there's a good chance that Sim is out playing kicky ball.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Fun%20and%20Games

Fin is a Knowledge/Fortune Sim, Libra, 2-7-5-5-6. I'm thinking about adding a couple of Active points since his LTW is to reach the top of the Adventurer career. It seems like he should be a pretty active and athletic guy. He's currently a Spelunker.

Ilyse is a Fortune/Romance Sim, Cancer, 6-6-3-4-6. I liked this for her because, as I mentioned earlier, she reminds me a bit of Christina Hendricks. There's a delicate beauty in them both, and a bit of ... something else. Not quite insecurity, but maybe like they're a little fragile. Ilyse wants the money the Showbiz career can bring (and the freedom and independence that come with that money), and the adoration of many fans will also be nice. She's currently a Commercial Actress, and her LTW is to earn 100,000 simoleons. She has a want to fall in love with Colin. What is it with him???

In the meantime, she quickly hopped into bed with Fin. I think it was the second day of play. After that, they didn't see much of each other because he was always at work whenever she was home.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Hookup%201

The last two Sims I added to Sugah's Pleasantview this time are Toni's Jake Jurgen, who caught my eye a long time ago. In Isle of Demeter, I had downloaded a lot of stuff for, and read a lot about, alternate body types, but decided not to play with them for now. I don't have nearly as much CC in this game, so I succumbed to Jake's rugged appeal and put him and a small assortment of clothing for him in my game. I also had my eye on Sugah's Tawny Blair, but thought I had enough non-redheads and non-blondes in my game. Then, in my fit of 'no limits,' I went ahead and added her. laughin
Cher Shares - Page 7 Tawny%20and%20Jake

Jake is a Knowledge/Family Sim, Pisces, 4-4-7-4-6 whose LTW is to max out all his skills. Tawny is a Knowledge/Fortune Sim, Scorpio, 6-5-8-3-3 whose LTW is also to max out all skills. I may add some points to Outgoing since I don't think she's really that shy.

Jake started out in the military. His brother-in-arms and single parent, Douglas Blair, was killed on a mission and Jake left the military to fulfill his promise to Douglas to take care of his young daughter, Tawny. Jake could imagine no better way to grow up than the way he had, on a farm, so he dedicated himself to a wholesome country life and raising young Tawny. I put them in one of my favorite country lots. Originally, my SIL made this for our use. Later, when she got into building and uploading, she put it up at MTS2. If anyone else downloads it, know that I had to put Marvine's ladder in my game separately, even though it was included in the download. Otherwise, the lot showed up with regular staircases.

Tawny has had enough of the country life and wants to see the world. She also wants to have some (maybe a lot) of the finer things in life. She loves Jake, but doesn't want his way of life. She's a bit of a snob about their rural life, actually. This might be one of the reasons she's not so fond of farm life.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Lightning

To get out, and thinking of her father, she joined the military, where she's currently a Drill Instructor. Nice accessorizing, Tawny.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Tawny%20Accessorizes%20Well

Her The One is Colin (surprise surprise). On an outing, she kept trying to come on to him, right in front of Ember. He rejected her and I kept having to cancel her actions in order to avoid a potentially ugly scene.

Tawny and Jake have two bolts of attraction with each other; I had to Friend Zone them. Jake had a rough spring. It rained every day and he lost most of his early crop. Hopefully, the summer crop will be better.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Spring%20Too%20Wet
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 11:37 am

First off, Em, thank you for the link to "No Shoving From Look Through".
I downloaded that hack AND the "Perfect Plants" one while at Simbology.

Em wrote:
Some time we all should compare notes on the personalities and aspirations we chose for the common sims we've chosen.
Cher wrote:
I would love to do that. I find it interesting...

I really like this idea, Em & Cher, and would be interested in comparing notes, too. Cher Shares - Page 7 21650

Cher wrote:
He (Kurt) is attracted to no one at this time, and no one is attracted to him. I don't know why...
I mean, look at him. There's nothing wrong with the poor guy.

Kyle's quite the eye candy. He seems to have plenty of nice points (6).
(Typical Aquarius: Making friends easily  Cher Shares - Page 7 940149 )
He wouldn't be attracted to zombies, witches or vampires, would he?  Cher Shares - Page 7 598258

Quote :
Those girls are hard on their stuff!
...She has a want to fall in love with Colin. What is it with him???
...Then, in my fit of 'no limits,' I went ahead and added her (Re: Sugah's Tawny).
...she's currently a Drill Instructor. Nice accessorizing, Tawny.
...Her The One is Colin (surprise surprise).

Cher Shares - Page 7 683951

I can't believe you added Toni's Jake! This is so cool!
I have always liked him and was actually thinking of adding him to this project.
He's a big Texas-sized snack, isn't he? Yum!
I am trying to not repeat Sims that others are using, though, and need to diversify more with our different creators' Sims.
I still have to incorporate a Sim or two of Jen's, Russ' and maybe another of Ulli's & Ari's, since I have a couple of Em's & Elle's, a few of Toni's and a few of mine already.  Cher Shares - Page 7 584675

I am thrilled to see my Tawny in your game and I thank you for adding her, Cher.
I love Tawny and Jake's back story and that he is raising her as his own beloved daughter for his deceased bro-in-arms.
What a neat history you have given them!
(Though Tawny could be less of a snob about farm life and more appreciative of Jake! I need to have a talk with that gal! Cher Shares - Page 7 971462)

Quote :
I had to Friend Zone them.

Is that an option with ACR? I do not play with that hack.

Quote :
Sugah, I love using your walls in my game. They look great and each type of wall gives me an idea of what I want to do with a lot. I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them when I downloaded the loft bricks -- they're perfect for downtown apartments.

You have absolutely made my day, Lady C.
Thank you for the positive feedback and kind remarks.
I can't tell you how happy I am that you love my walls in your game. Cher Shares - Page 7 817176

Here's hoping Jake has a better summer crop!

Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 10:41 am

Quote :
He wouldn't be attracted to zombies, witches or vampires, would he?

No. I don't know what the poor guy's problem was. Notice that I said "was." Cher Shares - Page 7 940149

Quote :
He's a big Texas-sized snack, isn't he? Yum!

He sure is! Cher Shares - Page 7 508493 I've had to resist taking and posting too many pictures of him, especially when he's just getting out of bed and is shirtless and hatless.

Quote :
I need to have a talk with that gal!

I sure hope you can talk some sense into her. laughin She doesn't have to love the farm life, but there's no need to be a snot about it.

Quote :
Is that an option with ACR?

Yes, the friend zone thing is with ACR. This is the first I've used it and I'm still learning. I'm glad that was an option, because it would have taken Tawny and Jake somewhere I definitely did not want! affraid

Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 5:11 pm

I can see how Kurt could be good at making friends, but not overly romantic. He seems like a pretty laid back guy that likes to spend time with people, but doesn't want any drama.

Wow, sounds like Colin really is the new Enrique? laughin What is it with these sims all going after the same guy. It's not like you don't have plenty of gorgeous men in your hood to go round. At least Colin seems to be mostly faithful, despite the number of women throwing themselves at him. laughin

I like Jake and Tawny's backstory. Too bad the country life isn't for her. But I imagine it wouldn't be for the type of gal who accessorizes her military uniform so well. laughin Thank goodness for the Friend Zone option! I had to use that on some of my sims too. Unfortunately, some of them sneaked in a first kiss (or attempted to) with an inappropriate partner before I thought to block it from happening.

Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 10:13 pm

Em, Jake still does the sizzling finger thing and gets heart thoughts when he sees Tawny, and I Friend Zoned them before they could do any flirting or anything. Rolling Eyes

I'm not even sure where to start. It's been utter chaos trying to get all the new Sims caught up. I also had some mistakes where I put a couple of Sims together because of their attraction, only to find when I went in to play them next that they had a stronger attraction to someone else. I think they're pretty much sorted out now, but I'm sure not everyone has it in them (I'm looking at you, Colin) to be faithful to one partner.

Speaking of Colin, he was finally home by himself one day when Autumn stopped by. Without Ember actually in the apartment, he and Autumn had no problem with the woohoo. They made a night of out, partying until very early the next morning, and woke up married. [They have triple attraction bolts with each other, so I liked them better together than Colin and Ember.]
Cher Shares - Page 7 Wedding%20Photos

They had a whirlwind honeymoon camping at Three Lakes.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Massage
Cher Shares - Page 7 Log%20Rolling
Cher Shares - Page 7 Relaxing
Cher Shares - Page 7 Hot%20Springs

Colin has stayed close (but not too close) to Ember.
Cher Shares - Page 7 BabyDaddy

Colin pays his child support for his little boy, Chris, regularly and on time.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Baby%20Born

Colin is now an Investigatory Journalist and Autumn is a Police Lieutenant.

I had to do an intervention for this lady, who is one of the residents of the apartment building. I couldn't change her clothes, but I was able to take the helmet off for her.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Nice%20Outfit
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 11:14 pm

Cher wrote:
They had a whirlwind honeymoon camping at Three Lakes.

What a cute couple!! I really like their hair colors! Looks like you'll get a red-haired baby! I love the honeymoon pictures! I don't usually send my sims on one too often, but after seeing your pics that could change! laughin

Cher wrote:
I had to do an intervention for this lady, who is one of the residents of the apartment building. I couldn't change her clothes, but I was able to take the helmet off for her.

Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 11:29 am

Sandy, I don't often send Sims on vacation or on outings in general. I've sent a lot of this group of singles on the evenings downtown in order for them to meet other Sims and begin to pair off. I spend the whole time making sure they speak to every other playable Sim there, then I send them home. I'm trying to slow down how I play a little, but I still don't really enjoy the outings. laughin Colin and Autumn really wanted the vacation, so I went ahead and sent them. I don't plan to make vacations a regular thing for everyone, but am going to try to do a little more of it.

Ilyse was engaged to Fin and moved out with him, then cheated on him with Kurt.  Cher Shares - Page 7 971462
Cher Shares - Page 7 Tender

She and Kurt have triple bolts of attraction with each other, so she broke up with Fin. At least she set him free and didn't just keep cheating on him. He didn't take it so well, not that I blame him.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Breakup
Cher Shares - Page 7 Heartbroken

Fin might get some small amount of satisfaction if he ever sees Ilyse on her way to work as a Commercial Actress. The funniest part is that she regularly shows up on commercial lots in her work clothes.  Cher Shares - Page 7 99672
Cher Shares - Page 7 Commercial%20Actress

Ilyse moved in with Kurt and discovered she was pregnant. She didn't know if it was Fin's or Kurt's baby. She does still love Fin, but is more attracted to Kurt. The aspiring actress in her thinks she and Kurt make a very photogenic pair, which shouldn't hurt her career. You know those show-biz types; I'm sure there's more drama to come. Rolling Eyes She and Kurt both have multiple loves.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Winters%20Day

She had twins, Griffin and Glenna. Since Fin is paying child support, I'm assuming the children are his. Cher Shares - Page 7 598258 Griffin has Ilyse's eyes, while Glenna has Fin's.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Griffin
Cher Shares - Page 7 Glenna

I didn't get a close up of Glenna, but I will in the next rotation. I'll wait until I have good pictures of the newest crop of kids, and get caught up here, before updating the Offspring thread.

Kurt has been promoted to Power Leveler in the Gamer career.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 3:13 pm

Quote :
. I also had some mistakes where I put a couple of Sims together because of their attraction, only to find when I went in to play them next that they had a stronger attraction to someone else.

Do you know why their attraction changed? Do you think it had to do with their turn ons/offs or from getting to know each other better? I gave my sims a lot skill based turn ons, so their attraction increased as they started to move up their careers. Not all of my sims are with their best matches, in fact most of them probably aren't.

Oh my, Colin, Colin, Colin . . . Cher Shares - Page 7 827319 laughin I guess you were right about him behaving himself while Ember was around. I didn't think sims would behave that way, but I caught some of mine acting the same way. Who knew? Cher Shares - Page 7 553217 What a scandal with their whirlwind marriage and honeymoon. I guess for Autumn persistence paid off. I'm glad Ember doesn't seem too heartbroken about the turn of events. Cher Shares - Page 7 729422

Quote :
I had to do an intervention for this lady,

laughin Some of them are just begging for it, aren't they? I wonder what the deal with the helmet was? Volunteer firefighter? laughin

I'm not big on outings or vacations either. It's nice for socializing and fun once in awhile, but it's hard to take the time away from their everyday lives.

Oh, Ilyse. Cher Shares - Page 7 827319 I'm glad she did the right thing once she realized Fin wasn't the one for her.

It's so funny seeing sims out and about in some of their awkward work uniforms.

I guess things have turned around for Kurt since the beginning, going from no interest to multiple loves! Let's hope they can stay faithful Cher Shares - Page 7 266736 (but I won't count on it.)

Cute babies!
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 5:29 pm

Em, I also give a lot of skill-based attractions, so I'm guessing that's why the attractions changed. One of the mods included in MATY's Director's Cut is No Instant Love. Part of the description states that "Change of being hit with hearts now depends on attraction level and is influenced by aspiration and personality." Those things shouldn't have changed as I played, so that wouldn't explain why the attraction changed. It does explain why I can have a Sim with Black Hair as an attraction, and that Sim can still have multiple attraction bolts with a Blonde Sim. Cher Shares - Page 7 12612

Another part of Director's Cut is Romance Mod, which alters the way romance and jealousy work. It makes things much more convenient for those Romance Sims, and allows for easier "open" relationships with them. That may be why Colin can behave the way he does and some of the others are not bothered by it, or not jealous.

Ember, having realized Colin is not going to marry her even though she's pregnant with his baby, sets out to find a Daddy for her baby. She wasted no time, going from Kurt ...
Cher Shares - Page 7 Daddy%20Hunt%20Kurt

... to Jake ...
Cher Shares - Page 7 Daddy%20Hunt%20Jake

... to Fin ...
Cher Shares - Page 7 Romance

... while retaining a, uh, "friendly" relationship with Colin.
Cher Shares - Page 7 BabyDaddy_1

Ewwww. She must be getting pretty depressed about the idea of being unmarried if she's willing to eat that.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Fly%20Pizza

Sometime between Kurt and Jake, Ember gave birth to Chris.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Baby%20Chris

Ember and Dread Pirate Fin have high attraction for each other, and moved in together. They are now engaged, and Chris has become a slightly pouty-looking toddler.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Chris

Ember did not get promoted this time around due to pregnancy and child-raising, so she's still a Fact Checker. As mentioned earlier, Fin is now a Dread Pirate.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Dread%20Pirate%20Fin

I jumped around so much playing this group, and moving Sims in and out of places together, that their households are all at the proper day of the week, but the Sims themselves are varying ages. Some were played the full Sim week, while others were only played a few days.
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 10:48 am

I tried to post this the other day, but it didn't stick. Cher Shares - Page 7 971462

I'm almost caught up with Sugah's Pleasantview, and I think I've got some better close ups of the newest kids. I'll post those in my Offspring thread soon.

My current favorite Sim and story is Jake. He's a good man who raised Tawny, and now she's ready to get out of Dodge and make something of her life. Jake did fall in love with Ember when she was on the Great Daddy Hunt, but she ultimately chose Fin. I think Jake was more in love with the idea of helping Ember and her baby than with Ember herself.

I had bookmarked Ulli's Esther a while ago. When I went to download her, I discovered I had already downloaded her. I just hadn't put her in my game yet. Cher Shares - Page 7 657259  Esther Monet is a Knowledge/Family Sim, Cancer, 5-4-5-4-7, with a LTW to max 7 skills. She looks like a poet to me, but there's no way to make a living as such. I do have a custom Poet career, but I didn't want Esther tied to a work schedule, so she's an artist instead.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Artist

She and Jake were immediately and strongly attracted to each other (it doesn't hurt that the Sim Goddess was careful in choosing Turn Ons), and who could resist this?
Cher Shares - Page 7 Serenade

Or this (sorry about the ugly grid marks; I just noticed them  Rolling Eyes )?
Cher Shares - Page 7 True%20Love

Esther was also very attracted to Jake's quiet lifestyle and simple home. I don't have a picture of it, but there's a treehouse on the property where she can do her painting in peace. Esther and Tawny got along well from the beginning, which was nice. Tawny can be a little hard to get along with. Jake and Esther had a nice wedding and several friends showed up for it.

Esther, working off a few pre-wedding jitters with Tawny:
Cher Shares - Page 7 PreWeddingGames

Wedding and reception:
Cher Shares - Page 7 Marriage
Cher Shares - Page 7 Cake
Cher Shares - Page 7 Toast

Esther helped Jake bring in the autumn harvest, but her true love is art and she hopes to create masterpieces one day. I'm thrilled Jake has found such a lovely woman to share his life with.

Edited to add: I think Esther may have a little one on the way!

A few bonus treats for the ladies:

Good morning!
Cher Shares - Page 7 Bedhead

Proper cowboy workout attire.
Cher Shares - Page 7 Cowboy%20Jogger
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 5:49 pm

Cher wrote:
Ember and Dread Pirate Fin have high attraction for each other, and moved in together. They are now engaged, and Chris has become a slightly pouty-looking toddler.

So glad Ember found her love match!

Cher wrote:
I'm thrilled Jake has found such a lovely woman to share his life with.

Edited to add: I think Esther may have a little one on the way!

A few bonus treats for the ladies:

Good morning!

Good morning Jake!! Cher Shares - Page 7 598258

Esther and Jake make a cute couple! Love all of your pictures! I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cher Shares
Page 7 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next