Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3

Go down 
+17
autumnelle
Ullwera
mac
SimEm
Sugah
ilikefishfood
Astral Faery
AdriannaSimmie
Nancy01905
Hollymaniac
Grykon
clc
Caleb_71
WittyKitty
Nonni
Hunter
soloaris
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 10:28 am

Sorry I didn't realize you guys were posting here - I've neglected my thread.

Thank you guys for all of your wonderful comments. I hope to get back to my kingdom after the beginning of the year. I miss my families and I want to see how my garbage princess turns out. I also want to see beautiful Anastasia become a teen.

Toni - I would never ban you from my thread! Quite the opposite - if you have a link you want to share - be my guest. Spam on, sista chick! Though....does GOS allow that? I thought I read somewhere recently that you can't link from their site. The set you showed me is lovely, and would make gorgeous period decoration for the medieval theme. These will be great when I eventually return to story telling. - thanks! I love you
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 2:32 pm

I re-read all the rules at GOS. The only think I see about linking is if you're sharing stuff for download there and the files aren't on their server you can't link to another site, the files have to be posted to a file sharing server. I read the whole rules and guidelines thread. I'm pretty sure it's ok. I'll ask though. Thanks for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 7:11 am

Spam on, spam on. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 12612
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 12:16 pm

Astral Faery wrote:
Spam on, spam on. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 12612

Brace yerself! laughin

EDIT: My contribution for today...authentic Medieval male undergarments! Not bad eh? Hoping all these goodies can lure you back to the kingdom ;-)
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 11:01 pm

Awesome! These are really nice - thank you! I love you
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 8:11 am

I got to play yesterday - YAY! I think the reason why I was having problems with that weird color streaking thing is because I had two mailbox recolors installed. I originally thought the game was overheating, but that can't be it. The game was up most of the day yesterday, and I didn't have an issue with that at all. AND, I was able to pay the bills with the recolored mailbox, too. Now, I just need to figure out why only some of my service sims show up (but not all) and I think I'll have all the problems ironed out.

But anyhoo, the game is very playable, and I finished the summer with the Moonblade family, and got through the whole season with the Dragen family, as well.

I think I mentioned before that I plan on using a random event chart to make gameplay more interesting. Each rotation I roll how many random events will happen, and who is affected, then play it out. Some of these are no big deal, but others might be dangerous. Though I like my little simmies, it will get boring very quickly if I don't have some pot holes to fall into once in awhile. So, if you want a thread whose sims are always prospering - this ain't it. That is, of course, assuming I don't wimp out, lol.

Okay so one of the things I rolled up was no biggie. I rolled up an aspiration change for William. I can't remember what he was before, but he changed to fortune. So that gives him different wants, etc. I had to relocate this family due to the color streaking thing that was going on - I thought it was because I had recolored the roads. Because of this, this family is a bit older than the others. I'm going to leave it be - it doesn't matter if they're slightly older than the rest of the neighborhood.

Other than that, not much has happened with the family. They bought a servo named Arche.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Josephinechild
And Josephine grew into a lovely child. She really is a cutie.

Anyone who has read my threads in the past knows that I'm often amused by random things in the game, and then I snap a bunch of pictures.

The queen, who is best friends with Clara, was over visiting, and decided to play the piano.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Josephdance
Joseph loved it and started dancing.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Badpiano
But his twin sister thought otherwise.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Badpiano1
The queen plays away as Arche the servo comes and puts money in her tip jar. I love how annoyed Josephine looks about that!

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Badpiano2
But then two minutes later, the servo is gagging, LOL! I'm glad they finally had supper, because she was driving me nuts. She's awful, ha ha.

Off to the Dragen house. You may remember they have twins, as well. No big news for this family. Except the twins growing up.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Ameliatoddler
Amelia - she sure has some beady little eyes.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Adelatoddler
Adela - she's a real cutie.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Ameliachild
And true to maxis style, flawed features usually get worse with age as you can see by Amelia's child shot.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Adelachild
And Adela. Sigh - she won't win any beauty pageants, but maybe she'll grow out of the awkwardness.

This house has too many helpers. With a servo, a nanny, and a butler, the house is chaos and everyone is pestering the girls when they're little. And someone started a meal but didn't finish. Luckily, the nobles are allowed to have fire alarms.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Toomanyhelpers

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Toomanyhelpers1

I am currently playing one of the merchant families, but have not finished their rotation yet. I'm hoping to do that today. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 12612
Back to top Go down
soloaris

soloaris

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 4:20 pm

Quote :
Luckily, the nobles are allowed to have fire alarms

Ha,ha.. laughin to funny Astral!

Amelia and Adela can be beautiful yet, and any way it's more important that they have warm hearts then good looks!

That Ice Queen is realy a piece of work... Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 12612 but I like her, she is totally ignoring or know that people around her disagree with her...
Good photos Ari, and beautiful surroundings Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 637989 shall be fun to see how it goes!
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 9:35 pm

Thanks, Jackie.

Yes, the girls have their own charms. I can't remember what their personalities are - I should've written it down. And when they grow into teens I'll have to roll random aspirations for them - so you just never know where they'll end up.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 9:32 am

Thanks to getting some of my issues ironed out, I have a renewed interest in my kingdom and have managed to squeeze in some play time. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 12612 The social worker and bartender are now showing up (they weren't before), the mailboxes work and are recolored so they fit in the theme a little more. I also found more lovely defaults to use - I now have medieval meals and miscellaneous items. Check out these, these, and these. Between Sunni and Hat, almost every aspect of the game is medieval. It really helps the illusion of going back in time.

So I've snapping pictures like a mad maniac, but I'm not going to share them all today. I'll just share from my two merchant families. Playwise, I've made it all the way through the three peasant families and am now in the Abbey. But that's way too much to post all at once!

Ok so we're at the Goldfinger family - one of the merchants. The merchants are the only families in my game that own businesses. The rules actually encourage you to have all the families own one, but that would get very tedious for me. I may set up a little clothing store, though, just so I can start dressing the townies appropriately.

Anyhoo, the Goldfingers run a little bakery and livestock business. They don't actually bake the bread themselves, they're actually just props, but it sure does set a pretty store.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Kingupset1-1
Malir and Larea are still fairly new at running a store, and sometimes the patrons get upset at the long wait. Here's the king showing his temper.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Kingupset-1

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Queenupset
And the queen. They're not too good about being poised in the public eye, are they?

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Aubreychild
Aubrey grows up to be a charming child.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Aubreychild1
Here's a pic where he's not trying to eat his hand.

The Silvertouch family is next. Jake and Brogan run an entertainment business, where patrons pay for the time they spend there. The longer they stay, the more they pay. So I've put all kinds of fun stuff on the lot - there's a billiards table, some games, a poker table, a bar, and Brogan serves free food. This family pretty much just lives their lives, while patrons stroll in and out of their home. They are rarely ever closed.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Christabeltoddler
Christabel grows into a precious toddler. Seriously - how cute is this girl?

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Daddyandbaby
Aww, a cute daddy and baby moment.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Christahugging
Christabel loving up on one of the family pets. The dogs are named Yin and Yang - I always forget which is which. Oh - and never mind that the poor beast's eyes look like they're going to pop out of their sockets.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Beinglicked
More Christabel spam because she's just so darned cute.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Drinkingfromtap
Jake enjoying one of his newest additions to the business. A medieval style punch barrel cloned from the pineapple barrel that came with Uni.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 JakeMalirpoker
A friendly game of poker with his best friend Malir, discussing what's on his mind, obviously, lol.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Rechargingservos
LOL! The servos always crack me up because they come to the business to hang out and socialize, but they always have to run outside and power up because they stay all night. I caught two of them doing this at the same time, right next to each other, ha ha.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Christabelchild
Christabel turns into a darling child.

I think that's enough for today. My schedule cleared for the day - I was supposed to hang with one of my friends all day, but my middle boy is home sick - so....guess I'll go crank up my game.
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 5:28 pm

Oh Ari, they're lovely! Christabel and Aubrey are gorgeous! And you're spending time in the kingdom again! I'm thrilled! Bring it ooooon girl! :-)

Have you seen the rest of the work done by Sunni? Her npc replacement outfits are incredible? Wow!

If you're interested, there is a mod by Pescado...a 'clothing tool' that looks lie a pile of clothes, but if you make a townie selectable (boolprop cheats, Inge's teleporter cat, the simblender etc) they can use the tool to change their clothing. You can do this and eventually change all the townies in your hood into Medieval clothing!

PS) I love that the King does his own shopping! I hope he's not thinking, "Off with their heads!"

EDIT: Ooooooh Ari! Do you use a Medieval newspaper replacement? Look at what I found here.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 12:30 pm

Thank you, Toni, for your awesome compliments. I really appreciate them. It's fun playing my kingdom, and it's cool that other people are enjoying what I'm doing, too.

I will definitely look into MATY's clothing hack. That would simplify things. If it works with my shop at home rack, then I'll probably get it.

Unfortunatley, the newspaper does not allow hunting for jobs and some of the other functions to work properly. I had tried this one in the past but had to take it out for those reasons. It's a shame, because she did a beautiful job on it. I know Hat is planning to do one eventually, so for now I will just wait.

Between Hat and Sunni - I have nearly everything replaced. I have all of Sunni's NPC replacements (the commoners set), all of her food replacements, and many more. It's so fun. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 738528
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 5:48 am

Happy Holidays Ari! I do enjoy following the goings in in your Kingdom, and I love looking at the pictures. I'm fascinated by the Medieval theme, and am so tempted to try...a new Medieval version of the game. I guess you've seen the new Sims Medieval game...will you jump ship, or are you too committed to your current simmies?

I actually popped by because I have a holiday prezzie for your simmies. Just posted at GOS are some Medieval style hair styles! Some are new, that I hadn't seen before. Have you? There're here and here.

Well, my dear Ari.... hope you and the family have a wonderful weekend! I know you've had a rough couple of days. All the very best to you all!
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 9:31 am

OOH thank you! There are some cute hairs there, and also link trails to follow for some more goodies. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 12679

Thank you, Toni. I love you

And you bet your island booty I'll be playing sims medieval when it comes out! I've known about it for months and have already told the birthday fairy to bring it for me - since it comes out close to my birthday. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 738528

Converting your game to medieval sounds daunting, and I did truly have trouble with it, but mostly because I had several lots that crashed my game (and that was only because I didn't have the right expansion packs to use them), and then I had the glitch because I had 2 mailbox recolors and they were conflicting.

But if you just take it a couple of steps at a time, it's not that hard. There are wonderful replacements out there - I've told you how much I like Hat's and Sunni's work. Have you seen Hat's site?

Here is a link to some of her historical improvements - and she has links on the sidebar for many, many other things.

I actually have 2 accounts on my computer - one just for my medieval game (and a story later) and the other for modern stuff. I'm a dork that way. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 774807
Back to top Go down
soloaris

soloaris

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 5:30 pm

Hey Ari My girl! its nice to see your pictures, and read about your Fairy grove... I love the pictures with Christabel playing with the dogs, she is a sweet girl and a animal friend is always nice! Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 12612 I have also downloaded a medieval age stuff like commoners, and all my cars are converted to wagons, the servants on public places is all in medieval clothings also in uni! its real fun, on evry lot I got like in Sim's 1 a Npc that cleaning the lot and ms Crumpelbottom ( or what she calls) is clothed like a nun Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 683951 there is a lot of medieval things out there... like you say, and I trying to find them and convert my game what I can! but realy I like Victorian age too... so sometimes I chose that age, when I find two choses... any way your pictures are beautiful and you tell the story about your grove very good! Thanks Lady Ari for charing! Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 338947
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 11:14 am

How awesome you're thinking about converting your game, Jackie. I sure am having a lot of fun with mine. It just set a whole other mood.

I saw the Mrs. Crumplebottom defaults, too - and I'll be picking nun as well. That's hysterical! When my kids grow to teens, I'll have them hang out at the local pub so they can meet other teens - and I'll need my nun Crumplebottom then, ha ha.

Thank you for commenting, Jackie. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 738528

I have a few pictures to share today. I still have several pictures from my last few play sessions, so it will take me awhile to get you caught up.

My blessed peasant families. I feel so bad for them because life is so rough. But they're all troopers. I love you

I gave them all a juicer, because stupidly, Maxis doesn't allow you to eat the stuff you grow in your garden. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 774807 But they can make juice from it, so I just use that and sort of pretend they're eating the fruit. Also, they each got a full size fridge, and when it's empty, it's empty. They are not allowed to order groceries. Everything they eat must come from the garden or the pond. So that will make the winter months especially challenging. And don't worry - I wouldn't let anyone die of starvation, most likely. Eh, I might. We'll see.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Eatingick
Yeah, it's gross, but when food is scarce, you do what you need to do to survive. When it's a choice between eating and possibly getting food poisoning or not eating at all, you learn pretty quickly where your priorities are.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Sewing
This is Aliana Tailor. In her spare time, which there isn't much of, she's practicing her sewing skills. She sells what she makes. She isn't very good at it yet, so she only brings in a little over what it costs for materials, but she'll get better.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Fishing
Her husband, Pierce, fishes for food and occasionally extra money. I've decided, to keep my poor peasants barely scraping by, not to let them use the better lures when their skill at fishing improves. This way, they still only catch the cheap fish - so they really have to work to survive.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Benettspraying
First born son, Benett, sprays the crops. You may be asking why a child is spraying harmful chemicals on the crops. Well, I actually had my hubby do some research for me, and back in Medieval days, there were natural bug repellents made of herbs and chemicals such as sulfur, so spraying does fit in my theme. Also, there is a rumor going around that if an adult spends too much time spraying his/her crops, he'll have a reaction to the spray and turn into some sort of plant creature. Children are immune, of course. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 738528

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Benettchild
Here is Benett fully clothed.

On to the Scrapper family. I've allowed Simon to get a job in the culinary field, but he's only on the 2nd rung and will not be allowed to move up higher. This keeps them poor, and with daily taxes to pay, makes them a challenge.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Annetoddler
Eliza holds her firstborn, Anne.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Fishingforsupper
Simon caught a fish. Congratulations, now you get to eat today.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Bigasahouse
Cripes, Eliza is as big as a house. I was hoping her second pregnancy was only a single one. But she had twins. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 971462 I double checked my twins setting - it's only at 10% - the same as Maxis default. But I sure seem to have a lot of them. I may adjust it down a little further - like make it an 8% or something. Multiples can be fun...once in awhile. After that they just get annoying. Anyway, she had twin boys, Gavin and Griffin.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Babybetweenus1
Simon was in the middle of caring for Gavin when Eliza called him to the bedroom for some fun. But I think he forgot to put the baby down first.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Babybetweenus2
I was a little concerned and ready to back out without saving should I get a glitch. If I didn't know better, I'd think that Simon was breastfeeding. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 99672

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Babybetweenus3
Eliza - "Honey, do you ever feel like the babies are coming between us?"

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Babybetweenus4
They finished their business with no problems - or at least that's the way it seems.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Babybetweenus
And Simon looks perfectly happy.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 AnneScrapperchild
Anne grows up into a cute little girl.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Makingoutcurbside
Doesn't every couple engage in a little curbside PDA when the school coach comes?

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Gemmatoddler
This is Charlotte Farmer and her baby, Gemma.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Spraying
This is a poor picture of Caleb spraying the garden. I was a little overly ambitious with the garden, I had planned for them to have a huge one, but it was so hard for them to take care of and they lost about half their first planting.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Rain-1
Rain is good, because it saves time trying to water all those plants!

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 CrankyGemma
I allow the peasants to feed their babies with bottles durning infancy, but as toddlers they have to eat mush. I let some of the other classes use bottles for toddlers, as they have better access to trade and such, and may be able to feed their babies goat or cow milk. I have been playing with the idea of a breastfeeding mod for the infants, but I'm not sure if I want it or not. Anyway, here darling little Gemma displays her manners. She has a stinky diaper and is tired. Toddlers will actually refuse to eat sometimes if they are too tired or stinky. So I'm learning to work around that. I've never used highchairs until now.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Charlotteexpecting
Now that I have both ACR and Inteenimator installed, I no longer tell my sims when to expand their families. I leave that up to them. I've also disabled the lullabye you hear when a woman conceives, and I can't even tell them when to try for baby. Their survival is truly in their hands. Plus it makes it more fun for me because of that random aspect thing I like so much. Also, sims now have a bilogical clock. So fertility decreases with age.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Cookbaby
Ha ha ha. Another baby has crawled into a pot.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Ovenfire
Uh-oh! Charlotte sets the stove on fire. She grabs the baby and runs.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Ovenfire1
Unlike other citizens in the kingdom, peasants do not have smoke alarms or phones. They have to deal with it themselves.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Ovenfire2
Problem solved, Caleb gets the fire put out. Whew!

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Fishingfalling
In addition to the huge garden, the Farmers also spend time at the pond fishing for supper.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Lickingplate
Charlotte doesn't let any food go to waste.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Rumorsaretrue
Well, I thought Caleb managed to escape this. It was the last day of summer and their rotation, and he was spraying the last plant, and this is what happened. I was inside helping preggo Charlotte with Gemma, so I missed it.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Canyouhelp
In the RKC rules, it states somewhere that he must be cured witin 24 hours, or be sent to the gypsy camp. I did have to use a hack to summon the witch, but let's just say that she will come when called - maybe Caleb stood outside and begged her to come. He pleads with her and asks her if she can help. He can't bear the thought of leaving his wife and children behind and spending the rest of his life in the gypsy camp.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Youbetican
Of course she can help. But there is always a price to pay for asking for a witch's help.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 AnneScrapperchild
Gemma has turned into a cute little girl.

That's it for my peasants. Next time we'll visit the abbey and gypsy camp - at the end of the summer rotation, before the kingdom starts fall.
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 7:19 pm

Oh Ari,

I am absolutely in love with your medieval theme, it is so realistic and all of the time and love you put into your simmies really shows.
I love the fact that you make your peasants really live like peasants....hope they can all survive the harsh winter coming up...

Aliana and Pierce are gorgeous and their son is very handsome too :)

I love the Scrapper family too...sheesh, twins?! Poor things, hope they can manage that on a peasants salary....

All of your families are fabulous and gorgeous sweetie I love you

I am going to have to install some mods in my game now. I see you, Toni and Russ talking about them all of the time and the neat things that they do in your game.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 11:21 am

Thank you, Jen, for the awesome feedback. I'm happy you're following my simmies' adventures and I'm looking forward to sharing more to come.

Yes, I can't play without my mods, lol. We all have our favorites, just make sure you back up before you start installing them and only put in one at a time to make sure you don't run into any problems. Also, make sure you read the readme files, as they will often tell you what might conflicts you will have. Often, people that have problems because they don't have mods updated for their current game configuration (their latest EP), or they have two mods that alter the same part of the game.

I'll share more pictures in a couple of days of the abbey and gypsy camp, and I believe that will complete the summer rotation. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 12612
Back to top Go down
soloaris

soloaris

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 3:47 pm

verklempt Poor woman (Aliana Tailor) eat that spoiled food... Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 503793 But like you say, one can eat a lot of different things, (one could not Imagen when Wealthy and feed) when one is starving! Fish with worms? thats mean, or do you want to learn them a lesson? like; one cant be rich from hard work??? laughin well thats is sometimes (or nearly always) true, in our Society. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 12612

Eliza realy looks like a goddess with her big stomach, she is beautiful... and her first Bourne is a sweet kid! the Baby in a pot picture is funny, and good Charlotte had her senses intact, so she could save the baby., it looks real dramatic on the picture... Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 12612

Like always dear Ari, your pictures are outstanding, beautiful, interesting and cool, and one can see you realy like to play the game! and that you have a lot of fun... Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 366915 Thanks for this time!
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:58 pm

soloaris wrote:
Fish with worms? thats mean, or do you want to learn them a lesson?
Oh no, dear man. They're not eating fish with worms in them! I meant that they can only use the worm lure to catch fish. As a sim gets better at fishing, fancier lures are unlocked which help them catch better fish. But I'm only allowing my peasants to use the worm lure, so they only catch the cheapest fish.

Quote :
one cant be rich from hard work??? laughin well thats is sometimes (or nearly always) true, in our Society.
It is possible that my peasants will earn a lot of money eventually - but then, they wouldn't be peasants anymore. Part of what drew me into this challenge was the different classes of families, some rich, some poor, and some in between.

Quote :
Eliza realy looks like a goddess with her big stomach, she is beautiful... and her first Bourne is a sweet kid!
It's funny you should say that. I think Eliza is beautiful, too, and she was blessed with fertility. She is fortunate, even though her family struggles.

Quote :
Like always dear Ari, your pictures are outstanding, beautiful, interesting and cool, and one can see you realy like to play the game! and that you have a lot of fun... Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 366915 Thanks for this time!

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to leave such a nice comment, Jackie. I'm happy people are following my kingdom and enjoying my sims' lives. It's much funner to share when people are interested in reading about them.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 12:07 pm

Your medieval neighborhood is really amazing/radical. The idea of raising/fishing for all your food makes one understand the "nasty, brutish, and short" epithet regarding early peasants.

Great pictures and story line. I do know that witches can brew a plantsim cure. (There are probably some hacks, too.)

I see that EA will be releasing a medieval game based on Sims3. I regard it with mixed feelings - a medieval sim is a good idea, but I really don't like the Sims3 engine. From the preview pictures I've seen, at least they got rid of the pudding faces. Just have to wait and see.

This is one of the most creative alternative sims scenarios I've seen. I'll be looking forward to more installments. I suppose that this thread could branch into two: Magical/NonMagical.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 12:00 pm

Thank you for your comments, Mac. I really appreciate them.

I think my peasant families are my favorite. Their rotations always seem to end the soonest and I'm always tempted to give them another day or two, lol. They are challenging to play.

Yes, the witches can make all kinds of potions, and Morgana spends a lot of time over her bubbling cauldron.

If Sims Medieval looked as pudding faced as Sims 3, I wouldn't consider buying it. I just can't stand the lack of facial definition. But fortunately, even though they are less defined than Sims 2, they are moreso than Sims 3, and since I love the medieval aspect, I can't wait to get it and try it out. I love the fact that there is quest based play, as I've been an RPGer for quite awhile, and I think my absolute favorite thing about it is that each hero has to have a fatal flaw. That way they can't be perfect. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 12612
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 11:19 am

I have some pictures of Summer in the Abbey and Gypsy Camp. When the Abbey gained little Anastasia, the social worker wasn't showing up so I couldn't have Sister Mary Rosa adopt a child. So I used the tombstone of life and death, instead. I got a random child, completely unrelated to the Sister, and liked that just fine because that is the way it should be. She showed up by the tombstone, like someone had simply dropped her off, and no one knew a thing about her.

But the fact that the social worker didn't work bugged me, and I somehow fixed it. I really don't know what I did, other than reinstall all of my NPC's and outfits. I wanted to try it out, so I had the Sister call to adopt. And the next morning, this is what I saw:

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Midwifebringingbaby-1
How cute is this??

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Midwifebringingbaby1-1
It was so cute I had to take another picture.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Hopetoddler-1
But as cute as it was, I probably won't do it again. Baby Hope is now the Sister's daughter, and has the same last name. I think I like the unknown children better because it makes more sense.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Abrahamchild-1
So I used the tombstone again and got a child. His name is Abraham and he's really adorable. And his family history is unknown, so that's perfect.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Burntpie-1
Apparently, he doesn't like the Sister's burnt pie, lol.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Likefatherlikedaughter-1
But the Sister and her father don't have any problem with her cooking. Like father, like daughter.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Maidcalling-1
Some random maid keeps calling for the Sister. I have no idea who he is, and they don't have a maid. But he calls nearly everyday.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 PickingupFran-1
Princess Francesca followed one of the kids home from school. She stayed late into the evening, playing chess with Father Branigan. She beat him, which I thought was amusing, because I don't think she has much time for chess at the palace, and the Father plays all the time. The queen came to pick her up.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 AnastasiahuggingJoseph-1
Aw. Anastasia and Jospeph Moonblade are good friends.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Hopechild-1
*Sigh* Yet another child with no manners. I fear for the future of this kingdom.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Hopechild1-1
A picture of Hope not eating her hand.

Okay we're off to the last lot on the rotation - the Gypsy Camp. Poor Sigfried is having a difficult time making ends meet. He has a job in entertainment, and is allowed to move up in his career, but it's pretty hard so far. Between studying and caring for Ysabel, and turning into a werewolf every night, he doesn't have a lot of time to socialize with his friends. His pay isn't that great yet, so by the time he's paid the nanny, he has little left. But he's making it, and things will get better.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Spyingonking-1
Of course, spying on the king won't do him any favors.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Ysabeltoddler-1
Here is Ysabel as a toddler. I can't remember if I've posted this one before or not.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Scaryclown-1
LOL! If you thought clowns were scary before, they are doubly so now. I couldn't resist taking this pic and was laughing the entire sim night.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Paintingunderwear-1
Nighttime is Sigfried's most productive time, and he's been working hard on his creativity skills. In his underwear.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Pancakes-2
He doesn't have much time to practice his cooking skills, and routinely burns his pancakes. So much so, that he actually rolled up a want to make them correctly. I think the poor guy spent a whole week eating burnt pancakes.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Pancakes1-1
Yay! Good job!

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Ysabelchild-1
Ysabel has turned into a very...um...interesting child.

That's it for Summer. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 12612
Back to top Go down
soloaris

soloaris

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 3:05 am

Ari this pictures are Beautiful and real funny! Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 637989 nice with the social worker deliver the sisters baby, and I agree, its more likely that she care for orphans then adopt own child's... but it's cute! Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 366915 I realy like the sisters dress, I haven't found any nun clothing on Mts2, but I have to keep looking! Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 637989 Abraham is a nice kid! and I understand he don't like burnt pie, and the picture on the Nun and the Monk eating is funny, they really like spoiled/burnt food! Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 683951 Anastasia and Jospeph looks very cute together, maybe they will be a couple in the future??? who knows, but they are realy sweet! Ysabel ... could be sweet if you fixed her eyebrows from maxi to custom, the other day I saw an old movie about a girl that went to a witch for having a love spell to get the man she loved, but the price was to be turned into a Wild cat evry night, and she had it coming, so it was not a good end for her, her name was Ysabel Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 62525 but your Ysabel; turns to a werewolf? don't she???

well like always you kept me amazed by your pictures and your story Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 846508 Thanks Ari for a good time!
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:43 am

Aw, thank you, Jackie.

I'm hoping Ysabel will grow more into her features when she reaches her teens. I can probably soften her eyebrows with a custom choice (like you suggested), and as a teen she can wear makeup, so that might help. And if not, she will have to be accepted for how she appears - a direct descendant of her fae heritage. She has some nice features - she has pretty lips and an interesting nose. And no, she can't become a werewolf unless she gets bitten by a leader of the pack, or I use a hack. I used a hack to turn Sigfried into one, but that was just so I could get my gypsy camp started - I wanted someone to live there.

Anastasia and Joseph do make a cute couple, don't they? Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 738528 I'm very interested to see how they all grow up, what kind of aspirations they roll (needs to be random), and who they manage to meet in their lifetime.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:44 am

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! How incredibly awesome the medieval world you have created is, Ari!
I am so far behind, I fear I shall never catch up!

Mac wrote:

Your medieval neighborhood is really amazing/radical. Great pictures and story line.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 357604

Such beautiful Sims, witty commentaries and incredible stage settings!
I absolutely LOVE what you've got going on here.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 461171 Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 302407

Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3
Page 6 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next