Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries

Go down 
+46
Simply Simful
SandySimmer
Grykon
jenbos
Lizzy67
jadeskyee
ranabluu
luisa0099
BwinneyBunny
clc
wendyj42
mizmudgie
ilikefishfood
13pumpkin
beckylynn2109
mac
Riverwillows
wowrosanna
jimroar2000
Strify
soloaris
Nonni
sugar_puff
AdriannaSimmie
Hobbes
Starr7
tinhouse
lisamac
L.J
CallyDreaming
Caleb_71
Hunter
Travellerp
Pierre
SimEm
CajsaN
Ullwera
autumnelle
suzannegosnell
Astral Faery
Meilyn
andrewplay599
LabCat
Twoyys4me
Sugah
blaqmune
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 39, 40, 41
AuthorMessage
Cher64

Cher64

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:01 pm

I thought I wouldn't download so many custom hairs if I had a lot of nice defaults, but I was wrong.  Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 657259 laughin 
Back to top Go down
twerplina

twerplina

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 8:58 pm

Discipline, Cher. It just takes discipline....and I wish I had some.  Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 99672 Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 99672 
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 12:56 pm

How lovely to see you, Ari!
Great pic of you! What a beauty you are!!!
And so pleased to learn you are planning on playing TS2 again.  Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 12612 

Thank you for providing the Sims 2 Defaults link, Em...very helpful!  Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 21650 

I believe this issue has been solved. Case closed!  girlwinkin 
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
paisleyplumbobs

paisleyplumbobs

PostSubject: Sims 2 Double Deluxe [Solved! Closed!]   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 2:07 pm

Over the years, I have collected most of the EP's and SP's for Sims 2.  I've also borrowed some from friends, etc.  So, I have quite a collection.  
Now that I'm going to reinstall the Sims 2 onto my mom's laptop, the only base CD I could find at the moment was my Sims 2 Double Deluxe.  I'm installing it now, but the single disc comes with the base game and both Night Life and Celebration Stuff.  I was really hoping to just install the base game for now, so that I could build lots and not require others to have any EP's to use them.  

I've heard of a program that will only load up the base game, or the base game and one of your EP's, etc., if you have several EP's or SP's installed at one time.  I looked into it on my last computer but never used it.  Do any of you know what I'm talking about?  And would it work with the Sims Deluxe?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Sugah on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thank you, Aaron, for helping Paisley!)
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 2:43 pm

Sounds like You are talking about Any game starter, Which can be found here. And yes it will work with deluxe and double deluxe, The holiday versions of the game will also work with it.
Back to top Go down
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/
paisleyplumbobs

paisleyplumbobs

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 6:20 pm

Alrighty, thank you! Yes, that's what I was looking for.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 4:46 pm

Thank you, Aaron, for helping Paisley with her question.
Problem solved, case closed! Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 687310
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: My Desktop is STUCK in sleep mode ... HELP!!! [Solved]   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 5:00 pm

My friends, I accidently put my desktop to sleep, rather than shut it down last week.
Now, no matter what I do, I can not wake it up!

It's happened once before, about a month after I got it, but I can't recall how I finally got the puter of hibernation.  No
It's Windows 7 and I've heard this tends to be a problem with this particular OS.

I've done Google searches and have so far tried (multiple times):

1) Move you mouse or hit the “spacebar”. If this does not work try each of the following in order.
2) Press the power button in for at least 30 seconds until the PC powers off. Wait 30 seconds and power up again.
3) Switch the PC off at the mains or pull the power cord out and wait at least 3 minutes before powering up.

I haven't come up with much more than those remedies when searching, so if anyone has any other suggestions, I would be most grateful for your help.

Thank you, in advance, for any assistance you can offer me.  Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 761338

Last edited by Sugah on Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 5:26 pm

I checked my Win 7 O'Reilly guide - not much on sleep or hibernate. I run win7, too, as does Maikki, never had this problem. One thing in the "doh" category - make sure you have power to your 'puter. We usually shut down rather than sleep or hibernate.

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 898330
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 5:35 pm

I never put it in sleep mode either, Mac.
I meant to shut it down, but didn't have my glasses on late the night it happened and chose sleep, rather than shut down. Duh! Rolling Eyes
Now, I just need to figure out how to wake it up, so I can get into my power options and keep it from going to sleep ever again.
I had it set that way BEFORE the incident happened last week and it was working just fine.

If only I could wake it up first...  verklempt

Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 8:15 pm

Try actually turning it off by the power switch...Wait 30 seconds and turn it back on...the switch on the power supply that is. If you don't have one, actually unplug it, wait and plug it back in...I hate sleep mode.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 9:46 pm

I hope you can get it fixed quickly. I just found all the same stuff you did when I Googled it, so I have no useful comments. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, Sugah.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 4:12 pm

Tim, thanks! I tried that (see my #3 in original post), but to no avail.
I'm NOT a big fan of sleep mode either, nor do I ever put my computer to sleep intentionally.
I am soooooo with you on that, Big T!  Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 687310

Cher, thank you for doing a Google search, too.
I appreciate it.  Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 338947

I forgot to mention I checked and rechecked every cord and cable to make sure they were all plugged in right and tightly.

So, here's a straaaaange update...

Last night, I did some more research and like Cher, didn't pull up any other suggestions.
On a whim, I popped in my Sims 2 disk...Thought maybe THAT'D wake up the computer! Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 598258

Keep in mind, though the monitor is black, the puter powers up and I can hear Windows when it comes on.
I also hear the fan and the cd player functions as does the sound.
TS2 acted like it was going to start up, so blindly, I started clicking and moving the mouse.
I got the game going somehow ... I could HEAR it playing the intro music.
Then I got to thinking, "Uh oh! Is it the freakin' monitor???"
We have an old Dell one, so hubby unhooked the one I currently use, only to learn that the cables (I think!?! Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 62525 ) were not compatible.
So, he re-hooked the monitor up again and the computer acted like it was waking up at the same time the monitor came back on!

I went into my settings and made sure I had clicked on "NEVER SLEEP" in power options and it was still checked.
I unchecked and rechecked it just in case.
I was able to do some Windows updates last night before shutting it down.

I have had Parker all day today, so I haven't tried to fire up the desktop yet.
By the time she leaves, it'll be the dinner hour (she's napping now).
So, I will probably wait & power the puter up again tomorrow morning.
Here's hoping I don't have any more weirdness. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 266736
The computer is relatively new and for as much as I have used it, it might as well be brand new!

I won't close this thread down until I am sure all is well once I test it again throughout the weekend.
Will keep you all posted and thanks, again, to Mac, Tim and Cher for your input! Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 70330

Wish me luck! Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 364821
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 5:01 pm

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 366915 Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 344738 Yaaay! Sounds like the monitor needed (at least) a kick upside the head! Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 898330 Could be that the monitor is on the way out or that the monitor on/off switch was in the wrong position or just plain flaky.

Glad you're back in business. Keep us up to date. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 12612
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 5:40 pm

Oh I missed that, sorry Sugah! Glad it seems to be working, I almost asked if the monitor was okay...
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 6:17 pm

Any more problems, Sugah? I hope was just an aging monitor; sounds like it might have been. I'm going to go make sure I have Never Sleep checked!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 8:26 am

I haven't tried to do anything on my desktop and have yet to fire it up since the last time I posted here.
It's been a crazy busy week and this is the first time I've even been online since the 16th, I believe! Rolling Eyes

Mac, I'd messed with the monitor's on/off switch several times before hubby unhooked and re-hooked the monitor.
But, it could very well be that the monitor MAY be pooping out on me.
It's not that old, but you never know!?!

Thank you, Cher, Tim and Mac for checking in on my desktop issue.
Hope to have time to fire it up to create a bit for SP today, IF there's time later. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 266736
Will keep you posted! Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 584675

Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 6:51 pm

Well, I am pleased to say that upon firing up my desktop this morning and working most of the day on SP stuff, everything seems to be in working order now.
I can not tell you how relieved I am about that! bluwhew!

Going to close this thread down and mark it 'solved'!

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 367799
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 41 Empty

Back to top Go down

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries
Page 41 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 39, 40, 41