Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Mac's 'Hood

Go down 
+20
Sugah
Cher64
Aaroneous
MaAlet
eliseluong
Lightheart
Nonni
Simply Simful
beckylynn2109
Grykon
butterflyunion
Jayce
SimEm
Caleb_71
autumnelle
Ullwera
Hunter
Astral Faery
AdriannaSimmie
soloaris
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
soloaris

soloaris

Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 8:49 pm

Mac, your a great guy, full of surprises, It is a joy to read your posts! Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 12612
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:24 pm

I hope Milano is well. She was a true talent in the Sims community.
Her fabulous ensembles will forever be missed, Mac.
I think it's great that you are still corresponding with her. Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 21650

I'd like you to meet Sugah Sim.

Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 SugahSim

And if you are interested, you can download Sugah HERE, good sir.

Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
mac

mac

PostSubject: Sugah Sim   Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:27 pm

Downloaded!

I would defer to your choices for aspiration,zodiac, likes and dislikes, career etc.

Note that that there is a "Sims Creator" career: Delphy, Hysterical, and (of course) Will Wright already have this career.

BTW, Sugah Sim is verrry pretty Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 508493
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:35 pm

Sugah Sim is a Family Sim. Second aspiration is Knowledge.

Her astrological sign is Cancer.
Her likes are employed and hmmm... I'll let you choose the other.
Her dislike is unemployed (go figure laughin ).
I don't have all the EPs, but the career path that sounds really neat to me is Paranormal.
Do you have the EP with that career, Mac?
I'd love to be Scully to the X-Files Mulder, if you please. Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 598258

Have I missed anything?

Quote :
BTW, Sugah Sim is verrry pretty Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 508493

Awww...YOU!
If only I truly looked that good. Sigh.
But I do thank you for the compliment. Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 319331

Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 4:47 pm

I've imported Sugah into my neighborhood. She's a Family/Cancer sim, as Sugah requested. I did move her two more points toward serious and two away from shy - still a Cancer. Her likes are Hard Worker and Creative, her dislike is unemployed.

She is at level 2 in the paranormal career (this is a University career). Unfortunately the hacks I have to set LTW do not include the University careers. For careers not covered, I sometimes use: Max out all 7 abilities - a real bear to do, earn 100000 - easier at higher job levels, have 20 lovers or woohoo - really for romance sims. For sugah I set her LTW to 20 best friends - probably the easiest and least controversal.

Her hobby is Arts - a perfect fit for a paranormal career which requires 10 creativity. She lives at one of my many instances of 7 Dove Rd. - one of my favorite starters. See the beginning of this thread for a reference. (My other favorite starters are the Queens Brook Blvd series (See my post in Sims Schmoozathon\Simply Schmoozin'\Page 7.

Her clothing - Everyday as shown in the picture above, PJs - Africa Black from this site (I really like this one and Mariposa Brown), Undies by Bruno (who else!), Formal - see below, Gym - a crop top and sweats, Swim - a reasonably sedate tankini - won't get her arrested Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 128862

Sugah had visitors from the neighborhood: Adrian Brodie (again) who seems quite smitten with her and vice versa Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 508493 , Geoff Webster (a creation of Edward's) who is smitten with her but not vice versa Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 497514 , and Queen Titania (from Midsummer Night's Dream) who brought a case of flu Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 690717
Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 Snapshot_f9d5e754_19d5ef6c

She later had to dress up in her formal outfit to impress Queen Titania and get the friendship.

Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 Snapshot_f9d5e754_39d860d9

By the magic of teleportation, she invited Delphy, Hysterical Paroxysm and Will Wright over
Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 Snapshot_f9d5e754_99d80ceb

and she visited that paragon of clothing design, Milano
Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 Snapshot_167a7bb1_d9d873ff
Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 Snapshot_167a7bb1_79d8755a

Her career progress has only been so-so. The unsocial hours plus she took a wrong choice on a chance card and had to start over. Plus getting over the flu (she did invest a point on Grandma's soup which helped). When I next activate her - she should be moving up to level 3 in the paranormal career.

A note or so about my neighborhood (in addition to its being huge). I don't do winter, it's just too much for my graphic card. My seasons are Spring,Summer,Autumn, and Summer. I am also slowly getting rid of all of my apartments. Just too much trouble with the ghosts of sims who have moved out. Even the advice on this site didn't help.

Many thanks to all of the creators (too numerous to mention) and a special thank you to Sugah for entrusting me with her alter ego, I will take good care of her! Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 243713
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:38 am

How exciting!!!
Sugah is hob nobbing with the celeb locals.
I can't believe my Simself is actually schmoozing with Delphy, Hysterical Paroxysm, Will Wright and Milano.
What an awesome experience for her, Mac! Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 21650

I need to revisit your post of favorite starter homes.
I truly favor the smaller Sims abodes myself.

Quote :
I am also slowly getting rid of all of my apartments. Just too much trouble with the ghosts of sims who have moved out.

Did I miss something?
What is happening, sir?

Quote :
...special thank you to Sugah for entrusting me with her alter ego, I will take good care of her!

I am most honored that you wished to have my Simself in your game.
I know you will take good care of virtual Sugah.
Thank you so much for sharing. This was such a treat!

Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 692371

Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:51 am

Sugah wrote:
How exciting!!!

Quote :
I am also slowly getting rid of all of my apartments. Just too much trouble with the ghosts of sims who have moved out.

Did I miss something?
What is happening, sir?

When I move a sim out of an apt., then re-enter the apt to play another sim at the apt., the sim I've moved out still hangs around. If I have set the vacated apt. door locked, the "ghost" sim complains about food, sleeps on the ground etc.

If I've left the door unlocked, they are just there - going in and out of the apt.

No interaction possible with the current active sim, and no effect on the moved out sim in the new location. So the effect is just annoyance, but quite a distracting annoyance.

I'd love to find a solution, since apts. allow lots of sims.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 11:16 am

Woah! That's wild, Mac, and what a nuisance!
Where have you tried posting this issue in the community?
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Apartment Life?
Do you have any hacks that might cause this problem?
Could you temporarily empty them from your downloads folder, just to check?

I will be very interested what you learn.
Here's hoping you find a solution to this annoying issue, sir!

Back to top Go down
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 7:15 am

Mac, do you have the option of moving the tombstone/urn to a community lot? If so, have you tried that? If you don't, I suppose you could delete them (although personally I don't like to do this). That way the ghost should no longer be on the lot. I am kind of confused, really, because I have not experienced this at all on my apartment lots, but more times than not, my sims send their dearly departed to a community cemetary unless they have a house with a yard with adequate space. I hope you find a solution; it would be a shame if you could not use the apartment function any more. No

On another note, I really loved reading the clips about your neighborhood. It is like a who's who combining the sims community and the celebrity community. And to see our own dear Sugah hobnobbing with the best of them - priceless. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 7:55 am

Elle, some misunderstanding - they aren't ghosts in the sims sense. The characters are very much alive but have moved out (to another dwelling - not to eternity). The "Ghosts" are the characters who remain in the apt even though I've moved them elsewhere.
verklempt
Back to top Go down
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 2:34 pm

Oooh, that is dreadful. That has never happened to me in my game. It seems a shame you can't use apartments because of it. I truly hope you find a solution that will also enable you to still use the feature.

Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 3:53 pm

Recently, Sean Bean and his fiancee, Ursula Andress opened up a new house. BTW, Sean is a Fortune/Gemini in an athletics career and Ursula is a Family/Pisces in a nursing career (inside joke - referring to a rather charming, very silly, and somewhat blue movie she was in years ago).

They had neighborhood visitors, including Jeremy Gique and his sweetie Margaret Phillipine (see page 2 of this thread). You see Ursula in white, Marisa Horowitz in pink, and Demi Moore in the blue top facing away.
Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 Snapshot_b9e14cf3_b9e14cf5

Jeremy was quite taken with Ursula but is still true to Margaret.
Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 Snapshot_b9e14cf3_79e14d6f

On the other hand, Sean (not pictured) was really enamored - three lightning bolts - with Marisa Horowitz. Marisa is an NPC married to an elder Vladimir Horowitz. I really like Vladimir - he's really sweet and cute - but if I stop feeding him the green stuff Marisa will be a rich widow. I have yet to ever let any of my sims die, but should probably include that dimension as well.

Now we move on to Hunter's latest creation, the Spanish lady Analize Cazadora. She's a Popularity/Aries with both a career and hobby of Dance - I really want to see her in the level 9 Flamenco costume.

Here she is, with Ari Linares, Carmen Electra, and SIMply Edwards' Geoff Webster. It does seem that the welcoming neighbors do come from adjacent houses which is why the same people keep turning up - I'm developing the East End.
Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 Snapshot_f9e6fbb2_79e71118

A couple of pictures of Analize - practicing ballet and in the formal outfit I gave her.

Here is the url for the formal. I actually found it! Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 74257 It's the "sexy red dress" Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 993625099

http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=280767

I hope Hunter approves. Many, many thanks to her for creating Analize - it seems that nothing stops a really talented creator!
Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 Snapshot_f9e6fbb2_b9e72b60
Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 Snapshot_f9e6fbb2_d9e72e2c

I'm using Mariposa Brown jammies from this site for her PJs

Geoff Webster seems really interested in her - he came back with this result:
Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 Snapshot_f9e6fbb2_19e73625

I'm currently playing him - Popularity/Pisces and a Graphic Designer. He and Analiza have become BFF.

Just an editorial on Maxis' dance career Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 885966 . To become a world-class ballet dancer, you don't get distracted by tap, ballroom, or Flamenco. It's ballet-ballet-ballet all the way from the time you are 4 years old until you retire (probably at 30 with bad hips and knees). A more realistic career would be:
Student/Advanced student/Apprentice/2nd company/Corps de ballet/Occasional soloist/Soloist/Principal/Featured Principal/World Famous.

You don't get paid until Corps de ballet - and then just enough to live on. Gravy pay starts at soloist.
Back to top Go down
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 6:43 am

Quote :
...inside joke - referring to a rather charming, very silly, and somewhat blue movie she was in years ago.

Interesting play, although I don't think that Andress falls into the Family category in that movie if my memory serves correctly. Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 97206

I really like how you have combined the Hollywood stars of yesterday and today. It reminds me of a show I saw (it was one of those Twilight Zone spin-offs, but I can't remember which one) where actors and actresses go to live on forever. They think they are getting a part that will restart their careers, but instead they become a member of the "undead". Well, your sims are far too lovely to fit into that scheme of things, but the concept reminded me of that show because there were stars of the B&W era walking around with those of today. Anyway, I like the idea and I like your sims. Thanks for sharing their comings and goings with us. I love you
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:55 am

Quote :
Interesting play, although I don't think that Andress falls into the Family category in that movie if my memory serves correctly.

Definitely NOT family!

One of the joys of resurrecting old actors is the ability to "change history" Thus, Humphrey Bogart gets Ingrid Bergman at long last.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 3:50 pm

Quote :
Sean Bean and his fiancee, Ursula Andress ...

Now THAT'S an interesting couple.
I'm a big Sean Bean fan, btw.

Quote :
I'm using Mariposa Brown jammies from this site for her PJs.

Ooooh! Very cool! Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 367799

Quote :
It's ballet-ballet-ballet all the way from the time you are 4 years old until you retire (probably at 30 with bad hips and knees)...

Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 683951

Quote :
A more realistic career would be:
Student/Advanced student/Apprentice/2nd company/Corps de ballet/Occasional soloist/Soloist/Principal/Featured Principal/World Famous.

I've always wanted to get involved in creating new careers for Sims 2.
I wonder if I might convince one of our members/mods/creators here to collaborate on such a project with me one day? Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 266736

Quote :
Thus, Humphrey Bogart gets Ingrid Bergman at long last.

Now, you're talkin'!!! WOOHOO!!! Yesss! Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 262201

Elle wrote:
...where actors and actresses go to live on forever. They think they are getting a part that will restart their careers, but instead they become a member of the "undead"...were stars of the B&W era walking around with those of today.

Ooooh, my kinda show ... and what a neat concept for a Sims 2 hood!!! Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 21650

Thank you for sharing your Sim antics with us, Mac.
I do so enjoy the way you play your game.

Back to top Go down
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 3:59 pm

Quote :
Thus, Humphrey Bogart gets Ingrid Bergman at long last.

Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 534790
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 8:26 pm

Just a few notes on my 'hood:

Nico Genni (the brother of Marcello Genni, the adventurer) is a Knowledge/Aries Medicine/Science sim. Mariska Hargitay was one of the neighbors to welcome him and they have really hit it off...

Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 Snapshot_d9ca36ec_59eaedc3

Janek Piotrowski, one of SimPly Edward's creations is a Knowledge/Pisces Geneticist/Science sim. Analize Cazadora was one of the sims to welcome him, and they have become friends.
Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 Snapshot_f9c4c42c_f9f1a4a1

Just a note on celebrities. For the most part, new celebs are no longer being created. I got most of my celebs from MTS2 - especially the *brilliant* creator, Vera Marina. Also some from the official Sims2 site. My "celebs" include athletes (Michael Jordan and Tiger woods - prior to the scandal) Fictional characters (Jessica Rabbit and Jane Eyre) politicians (John Kerry and Barack Obama). etc etc. I would call your attention also to www.simpathetic.com . There has been little or no activity since 2006 but the site is still up and does have a superb Audrey Hepburn and a very accurate Emma Peel. Also the entire cast of M*A*S*H!

Nowadays my hood is tending toward interesting and attractive sims whose only fame is their creation. I am drawing my new sims from Hunter's site (I have more than one Hunter, a Huntley, a Jaeger, and a Cazadora), sims from from Sugah (doh!) and some very attractive femsims from www.simstr.com, a Turkish site - which also has Sims3 stuff for those so inclined - not me! Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 885966

So these fictional creations are mingling with the celebs. Great fun!
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 2:19 pm

Quote :
Nico Genni (the brother of Marcello Genni, the adventurer) is a Knowledge/Aries Medicine/Science sim. Mariska Hargitay was one of the neighbors to welcome him and they have really hit it off...

Awww.....I just love her and Law and Order SVU happens to be one of my favorite shows...

Thank you for the awesome links to the other places that have celebs. That is on my list to check out. Especially Audrey Hepburn....
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 3:13 pm

AdriannaSimmie wrote:

Thank you for the awesome links to the other places that have celebs. That is on my list to check out. Especially Audrey Hepburn....

The master list for celebs is in Sims2Wiki - note that many of these are now dead links.

http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Content_List:Celebrity_Sims

Enjoy!

As I said before, Vera Marina in MTS2 is the very very best! Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 846508

PS - I had both Mariska and her mom, Jayne Mansfield (married to Delphy in my 'hood) in my sims for about a year before I found out that they were related. Two really classy people! What a shame about the accident! Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 729422

BTW Mariska is - appropriately - a Law Enforcement sim in my 'hood Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 12612
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:31 am

Quote :
...especially the *brilliant* creator, Vera Marina...
As I said before, Vera Marina in MTS2 is the very very best!

Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 357604 Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 637989

Hands down, I concur, Mac.

I always enjoy hearing about and seeing the plethora of fascinating Sims in your game.
Thank you for sharing.

Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 692371

PS Thank you for all of the Sims celeb links, too. Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 21650

Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 9:29 am

How cool to see all the celebrities. I'm sure you've seen the ones done by jameLia at MTS2. She has some that just blow me away.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 3:44 pm

Astral Faery wrote:
How cool to see all the celebrities. I'm sure you've seen the ones done by jameLia at MTS2. She has some that just blow me away.

I actually have jameLia's Tom Cruise but --- since I'm not particularly fond of him as a person, he's my only Grilled Cheese LTW sim. Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 128862

I do have jameLia's Justin Timberlake (married to Audrey Tatou). I also had jameLia's Cindy Crawford in a previous 'hood. Some of the others: Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Keira and JLo I already had from other sources.

As ever, I'm always thankful for your good advice and ideas - and Helena Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 28795 will be going into my 'hood (not all celebs) the next time I reload - what do you see her as? I see her as somewhat shy and serious, but no idea otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 11:31 pm

mac wrote:

I actually have jameLia's Tom Cruise but --- since I'm not particularly fond of him as a person, he's my only Grilled Cheese LTW sim. Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 128862

LOL!! Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 99672

Quote :
As ever, I'm always thankful for your good advice and ideas - and Helena Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 28795 will be going into my 'hood (not all celebs) the next time I reload - what do you see her as? I see her as somewhat shy and serious, but no idea otherwise.

I am very flattered, Mac, thank you. I love you Shy and serious are definitely good choices for Helena. Maybe even studious. I suppose she could be a knowledge sim, but she could also be a fortune sim - though she'd need to be at least a little outgoing for that. I could see her as a bonecrushing corporate lady. Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 12612 Whatever you feel is right for her when you put her in your game will be just perfect. Nothing is better than a sim who has found a home.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 8:38 pm

My sims crashed, so I had to reload, but I've taken the opportunity to introduce everyone to Helena Huntington. She's Knowledge/Pisces (Neat 7 Shy 3 Active 7 Serious 1 Nice 7), a career in Natural Science with a hobby of Science. Since I can't hack LTWs for the University careers, she has a LTW of maxing all 7 abilities (a real bear to do, but)...

Here she is, serving lunch to some of the people who welcomed her to the neighborhood.

Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 Snapshot_ba113945_ba11594c

That's Ronaldo with his back to the camera, then, clockwise, Jeremy Gique - he keeps on showing up - then Helena, Kim Bassinger and Monica Bellucci.

BTW, her outfit is "Purple Corset" by Tinuviel at SimsTR.Com.
http://www.simstr.com/gifts/index.php/topic,4773.0.html

That evening, before her first day at work, she tried out her new telescope and found it a lot of fun.

Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 Snapshot_ba113945_3a115c7f

I will be away (sob) No from my sims for a week or so, and continue when I get back.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 10:36 pm

YAY! What a joy to see Helena in your game. It looks as if you are enjoying her - and that's a compliment! Also, how cool is it that Jeremy is making his way into your pictures. You've made my night, good sir! Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 12612
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mac's 'Hood
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next