Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries

Go down 
+46
Simply Simful
SandySimmer
Grykon
jenbos
Lizzy67
jadeskyee
ranabluu
luisa0099
BwinneyBunny
clc
wendyj42
mizmudgie
ilikefishfood
13pumpkin
beckylynn2109
mac
Riverwillows
wowrosanna
jimroar2000
Strify
soloaris
Nonni
sugar_puff
AdriannaSimmie
Hobbes
Starr7
tinhouse
lisamac
L.J
CallyDreaming
Caleb_71
Hunter
Travellerp
Pierre
SimEm
CajsaN
Ullwera
autumnelle
suzannegosnell
Astral Faery
Meilyn
andrewplay599
LabCat
Twoyys4me
Sugah
blaqmune
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Grykon

Grykon

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 5:19 pm

Hey there Lisa, welcome to Sugah's!

According to about.com the order is

"The Sims 2 University"
"The Sims 2 Nightlife"
"The Sims 2 Holiday Party Pack" (A Stuff Pack)
"The Sims 2 Open for Business"
"The Sims 2 Family Fun" (A Stuff Pack)
"The Sims 2 Glamour Life" (A Stuff Pack)
"The Sims 2 Pets"
"The Sims 2 Happy Holiday" (A Stuff Pack)
"The Sims 2 Seasons"
"The Sims 2 Celebration" (A Stuff Pack)
"The Sims 2 H&M" (A Stuff Pack)
"The Sims 2 Bon Voyage"
"The Sims 2 Teen Style" (A Stuff Pack)
"The Sims 2 Free Time"
"The Sims 2 Kitchen and Bath Interior Design" (A Stuff Pack)
"The Sims 2 Ikea Home" (A Stuff Pack)
"The Sims 2 Apartment Life"
"The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden" (A Stuff Pack)

Good luck and enjoy! Make yourself at home here!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 5:59 pm

Lisamac, HI! Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 837249
Thank you so much for your question.
And Tim, thank YOU for answering.
I am always grateful to have such helpful members here. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 868736

Quote :
Also what sites do I need to get your beautiful creations?

I am not sure I understand the question.
All of the downloads offered here are by our own Sugah's Place creative team.
It is my policy to always provide the CC meshes for any objects I recolor (so you don't have to seek them out @ other sites).
In other words, with my CC recolors, what you see is what you get. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 940149
On rare occasions, our Sim models might be packaged with a different hair, but the link to the mesher's site is always provided.

I DO hope I am understanding you correctly.
If not, please clarify what you're meaning and I'll do my best to answer. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 584675

Quote :
This is my favorite site.

Oh, what a lovely thing to say, Lisamac!

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 648375 ThanksforSharing
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Wide Screen Settings?   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 10:09 pm

I recently switched to a wide screen monitor, and there is no setting in the game that fits it. My monitor is 1920x1080. It's not reallly a problem most of the time, as my game is still looking ok, but when I took a print screen for a friend so she could use it as a desktop, it is not as crisp and clear as it used to be. Does anyone else out there have a widescreen and what settings do you use?

If you enlarge my picture, you can kind of see what I mean, but the full size is much bigger, so it's even more noticeable: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 Fullsizemermaid

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 761338
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 12:02 am

When I first started playing using my 1440x900 I had to go in and add my screen size to the list...I forget where I found it at...let me check and get back to you.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: As the twig is bent...   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 9:47 am

So grows the tree.

Does anyone have any wisdom on parental relationship with babies and toddlers and the personality of the child-to-be? Is there a relationship or is it random? Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 553217 Maybe some of you with more experience than I with offspring can enlighten.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 1:16 pm

Oooooh! That mermaid again! Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 508493

I'm using 1920x1200 (no margins top or bottom) but maybe I'm using a slightly different monitor (Dell U2412M). The only other thing I can think of is to set "Use Square Pixels" on in the Sims2 settings.
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:49 pm

I can't find the original post on MTS that talked about this...Double check that your graphics are set to highest setting, also, just because your monitor can handle that resolution, it doesn't mean your graphics card can in the best graphics. Not saying this is the case, but something to double check. Hope you find a good answer soon!

There is this, but not sure it really applies.

http://simonhampel.com/the-sims-2-resolution-problems-solved/
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 5:26 pm

Might be a good idea to use the game patches also! I love you
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 1:09 pm

Good advice, Sandy, and since the original EA Games Sims 2 site is closing TODAY, folks need to hurry and download them (put them somewhere in their files for safe keeping) if they haven't already.

Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 1:34 pm

Sugah wrote:
Good advice, Sandy, and since the original EA Games Sims 2 site is closing TODAY, folks need to hurry and download them (put them somewhere in their files for safe keeping) if they haven't already.

I've tried at least once a day since I first heard it was closing but haven't been able to get to them to download.
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 1:38 pm

I've got them all downloaded. Was able to download them without logging in, only to realize I had them all saved on my computer anyway. Oh the advantages of being a pat rat! laughin

Sugah, do you think once the site closes, I can upload them to a file sharer and post them here?
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 3:12 pm

Toni wrote:
Sugah, do you think once the site closes, I can upload them to a file sharer and post them here?

Toni, that is a great idea!
I will start a new thread underneath our Sims 2 EP & SP Catalog section, if you think that'd work.

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 3547075637 Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 147390
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 3:36 pm

No problemo. I guess we can share whatever info and in this case, files, that we have from the official site.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 3:40 pm

That works for me, m'lady!

ThankUforSharing
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 3:58 pm

Sugah wrote:
That works for me, m'lady!

ThankUforSharing

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 302391

I guess we should wait until tomorrow after the site is officially closed.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 4:56 pm

Ok thanks for your help, Mort. I appreciate it. I have a good card that is more than capable, so I'll be looking into how to add my resolution to the list and see if that helps. Also, as per Mac's suggestion, I'll try "Use Square Pixels". As I said, it looks just fine while playing and snapping shots for my models, but the problem is when I take a print screen - if I ever do get back into making desktop images, I need my pictures looking better than that!

Mac - do you have a thing for mermaids, sir? Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 97206 I took a random sim from CAS and slapped a mermaid tail on her to do a couple of shots for a friend. If I liked how this picture came out, I was going to share it with everyone here for a desktop background, but...I don't. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 729422 But maybe if I get my graphics back up to where they should be, then I'll shoot another one. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 12612
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 4:43 am

If you are not sure or do not want to attempt it, tell me your highest Expansion Pack and the Screen Resolution and I will do it for you and post a link or should I just modify all of the EPs and post the files to be replaced?

Solution
The solution detailed below is for the base game. If you have any EP installed, edit the contents of \The Sims 2 \ instead of \The Sims 2\ (What this means is edit the Expansion Pack you start the game with.).

1) Resolution
You need to open the files with 'Notepad'.

The game's max res is 1600x1200. For higher resolutions you need to edit C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Config\Graphics Rules.sgr and set maxResWidth and maxResHeight to your display's native width and height, or copy/paste the following :

option ScreenModeResolution
setting $Low
uintProp maxResWidth 2560
uintProp maxResHeight 1600
uintProp defaultResWidth 800
uintProp defaultResHeight 600

setting $Medium
uintProp defaultResWidth 1024
uintProp defaultResHeight 768

setting $High
uintProp defaultResWidth 1024
uintProp defaultResHeight 768
end

2) FOV

The Sims 2 is Vert- out of the box, but the FOV settings of the various in-game cameras are stored in easily accessible text files.

Download the file attached below.
Open the archive, then the folder pertaining to your aspect ratio (16:10, 16:9, 15:4, 48:10) or the one closest to it.
Extract all *Camera.txt files from the archived folder to My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Cameras\ replacing existing files.
That's it ! The game should now support any resolution and have Hor+ gameplay.

The-Sims-2_WSGF-Cameras.7z
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 6:40 am

This is really awesome, Russ, thank you so much for taking the time to do this. If I am understanding correctly, after opening the files in notepad, I am to copy/paste them in the M&G/TSDate/Res/Config/Graphics Rules.sgr - is that correct?

I am not able to open my Graphics Rules - it is not a folder but an sgr file. I need to download a program to open file extension sgr. I will do that and try this and see how this works.

Currently, I've gone back to my previous settings of 1280x1024 so I can at least enjoy sharp, non stretched user interface and surroundings, but it does take some effort to ignore the ugly black bars on the sides of the screen since that resolution is more square than my monitor.
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 6:56 am

M&G/TSDate/Res/Config/Graphics Rules.sgr - is that correct? - Yep.

Right click the .sgr file, click 'Open' and then check 'I will choose from a list' and then use 'Notepad'. Add the resolution of your Monitor to the three ScreenModeResolution. Then pick the 16x9 Camera files from the download and it will fix your picture taking.
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 4:12 pm

There is also EA stuff posted at the http://sims2graveyard.com/.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 7:33 pm

Toni wrote:
I guess we should wait until tomorrow after the site is officially closed.

Whenever you want to start a new thread up to share the files (any and all EA patches/Maxis downloads), please DO, Toni.
I believe there are several room sets (Deco, Nouveau, Cubic, etc) plus the TS2HomeCrafterPlus program, too.
Should we host those?
Do you think we should "sticky" said post?
Would it be in in this section or it's own section (like the Sims 2 EP/SP Catalogs)???

Russ wrote:
There is also EA stuff posted at the http://sims2graveyard.com/.

Good to know! Thank you, Russ. Gotta love the Graveyard! Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 940149
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 9:28 pm

If we're going to host the free sets too, then perhaps it needs it's own section so that each set has it's own thread. However, please note that most of the sets at the Graveyard were not the free stuff, but EA Store stuff.

The Fiat was free and the Jeanette BiedermannSet hair was free and of course HomeCrafter, but all those other sets like Fusion and Cubic and Asian, you had to buy. They are really nice though, and of course no longer available to buy, so I don't see why not. It's your call.

There was other free stuff at the site that I do have, like the children's racing car bedroom set. I'd have to find them in my DLs. Let me check and see what is missing from the Graveyard, and you can let me know if we should host everything, or just the formerly free stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 2:14 pm

Thank you, to all, who have helped Ari with this issue.
Ms Faery, when it's resolved, DO let me know and I shall close this thread!

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 367799
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 2:17 pm

Quote :
...you can let me know if we should host everything, or just the formerly free stuff.

Hmmm...

Do you think it is unethical to share Maxis' stuff that was NOT originally FREE?
Now that they have shut down the TS2 part of their site ... Would it be fair to assume anyone can offer past EA Games/Maxis downloads, whether free or pay?
I rather liked the Deco, Nouveau, & Cubic sets and wasn't there some great Christmas stuff they had up for purchase?

What think you on this, m'lady?
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 2:39 pm

Will do, but please leave it open a bit longer? I haven't had time to test, yet, and am hoping to get to that tomorrow.

Thanks, Russ! I will try this tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 36 Empty

Back to top Go down

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries
Page 36 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 41  Next