Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries

Go down 
+46
Simply Simful
SandySimmer
Grykon
jenbos
Lizzy67
jadeskyee
ranabluu
luisa0099
BwinneyBunny
clc
wendyj42
mizmudgie
ilikefishfood
13pumpkin
beckylynn2109
mac
Riverwillows
wowrosanna
jimroar2000
Strify
soloaris
Nonni
sugar_puff
AdriannaSimmie
Hobbes
Starr7
tinhouse
lisamac
L.J
CallyDreaming
Caleb_71
Hunter
Travellerp
Pierre
SimEm
CajsaN
Ullwera
autumnelle
suzannegosnell
Astral Faery
Meilyn
andrewplay599
LabCat
Twoyys4me
Sugah
blaqmune
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 3:19 pm

Oh, absolutely! Of course! I do not want to close it until when (and if) your issue is resolved.
No worries, Ari. Just keep us posted. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 940149
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 6:09 pm

Russ - thank you THANK YOU for this. It worked great and my game is gorgeous once again. I took this today, and I'm really happy with it.

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 Mermaidonbeach

Ok Sugah - I'm all done, you can lock it up now. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 12612
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:06 pm

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, Mac. Are you asking if children follow in their parents' personality footprints? Children seem to get a range of points in each aspect of personality, depending on what their parents' personalities are. There are variables, because I've seen some pretty extreme personalities in my sim kids. I am not sure what the range is, but if you have two sloppy parents, for example, chances are good that the offspring will be sloppy, too. Not always, though. I don't think it's entirely random. Mean parents often beget mean offspring, and so forth. I've had kids end up with 0 points in a category and 10 in another - but it keeps it interesting and makes each sim unique. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 12612
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Monitor Sizes   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:13 pm

Every so often I may do a desktop sim image to share, and in the past I've made 4 different sizes and zipped them up in a folder for people to download - that way they could pick the size that suits them best. It's not difficult to do, but I think some of the sizes I was using are now outdated and I was wondering what sizes of monitor are people currently using? My current size (and the newest pic I've done) is 1920x1080. I'm wondering if it would be easier for people to download as is?
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 7:39 pm

I was actually wondering, not about inherited traits, but if the parents' treatment of the offspring in the baby-toddler years - loving, stand-offish, etc. had any effect. I do seem to notice a lot of grouchy kids Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 971462 , not necessarily of grouchy parents. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 553217
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 8:40 pm

I'm pretty sure treatment of the child has nothing to do with personality at all. However, an adult or elder can sometimes 'encourage' a child to be more neat, nice, etc. if they themselves are so. Check out this article that can explain it better than I can! Scroll down to 'Altering Personality'.
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 10:19 pm

Well, 1024x768, 1280x1024, Are still fairly common, then you get into wide screens as well...Best advice, offer 2 sizes, the best widescreen and best regular screen you can do. Recommend they get a graphics program like IrfanView and let them resample to their person screen size. Much better then trying to come up with one for each size possible...up to you though...Resolutions You can scroll about half way down for a table of different possible combinations...hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:03 am

I actually run three, an Eizo S1921 (1280 x 1024) excellent colour reproduction, a Samsung SyncMaster A450 (1920 x 1200) for games and a Samsung SyncMaster 204B (1600 x 1200) for Sims 2.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 10:28 am

Sorry I'm late to the party, Ari.
My monitor is set @ 1680 x 1050 (ViewSonic VX2262wm Series on NVIDIA GEForce 8800GT).

I am not sure if I'm getting the best out of my set up that I can, however. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 62525
Back to top Go down
beckylynn2109

beckylynn2109

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 8:16 pm

my desktop screen size is 1920x1080. I have your images for my laptop but sadly not on my desktop as the screen is bigger.
Back to top Go down
https://beckylynnsims.freeforums.net/
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 9:11 pm

Quote :
I am not sure if I'm getting the best out of my set up that I can...

How can we be sure we have our monitors set at the very best possible settings, folks?
Anyone know?
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 9:59 pm

You can look up your make and model of monitor and find out what it's native resolution is...that would be the best to use.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 8:37 am

Thanks so much for your answers, everyone! This will help me figure out what to do when it comes to making screen size desktop images in the future. I love you
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 5:21 pm

Oh Sugah, I'd completely forgotten about this. I'm so sorry. Will PM you my thoughts on this.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 2:56 pm

Now that this weekend's update is over, we can resume our discussion concerning providing Sims 2 patches & downloads, Toni.
I will respond to your PM early this week.
Thank you for offering to help with this project.

YOU ROCK! Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 687310
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 3:08 pm

I can post the patches in a bit. Do you want to go ahead and start the section and just let me know where it is, and I'll upload the patches.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 12:29 pm

Yes, I'd be happy to do that today.
We will need to start a new section for our Sims 2 site offerings.
I thought I would place it beneath the Sims 2 EP & SP Catalog Lists thread.
What shall we call it?
Ummm...
Sim 2 Game Patches & Goodies from TS2?
Straight from The Sims 2 Site to You???
I am not good at thinking of names for stuff, Toni. No

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 761338

Back to top Go down
Simply Simful

Simply Simful

PostSubject: Sims 2 Stuff   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 7:10 pm

Hi Sugah,

You asked if it was ethical to post things from the old TS2 site if it was pay before. Well here are my thoughts. EA has abandoned all of it and if you don't post it you can be certain others will because they would be lost otherwise. That said, they have as I stated been abandoned by EA/Maxis, so I do not believe it would be unethical, but welcome. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 678648 I have a copy of homecrafter plus I got from there too. If I can help, please let me know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.simplysimfulcreations.com
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:30 pm

Thank you so much for your input AND for offering to help with this project, SS. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 687310

Toni (ilikefishfood) and I are currently working on gathering all of the official Sims 2 site's (now closed) downloads, including some object sets, Maxis hair, game patches & tools (like HomecrafterPlus), etc.

Quote :
...so I do not believe it would be unethical, but welcome.

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 637989 Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 357604

Upon doing some research, I've learned that several other sites are hosting these items as well.

We are going to start a section, offering all of the above, as a courtesy to our forum members SOON!

ThankUforSharing
Back to top Go down
Simply Simful

Simply Simful

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 4:19 am

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 28795 I'm very, very glad to hear it!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.simplysimfulcreations.com
mac

mac

PostSubject: Screen Resolution Switches on Loading [Solved!]   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 9:48 am

I'm running screen res 1920x1200. A sudden change:

When I click the icon to load the sims, the screen res changes to 800x600 (during the loading process)
When my game is loaded, I can't change the res from 800x600
There must be a config file somewhere that has disappeared or gotten trashed.

Can anyone help? Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 898330
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 10:55 am

Hey Mac...Like Caleb you might have a corrupted graphicsrule file...I forget the exact name now...he posted about it a day or 2 ago...I'll see if I can find it.
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 10:56 am

Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 1:39 pm

Thanks for your help, but it didn't seem to do it. I copied the Graphics Rules.sgr files from another source, but that didn't seem to help. And the old versions compared perfectly with the newer ones. Will probably (when I feel strong) reinstall the sims (being careful to store a copy of my current sims directory).
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:40 pm

Check the following line is set to 'false'. To find the line click 'edit', then 'find' and type in 'forcelowResolution' (without quote marks).

setb forcelowResolution false

The following is not recommended if you are using a laptop or low end video card.

I also set the following for every 'option ScreenModeResolution':

uintProp maxResWidth 1920
uintProp maxResHeight 1200
uintProp defaultResWidth 1024
uintProp defaultResHeight 768
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries
Page 37 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next