Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests

Go down 
+19
Simply Simful
Grykon
ranabluu
leox1214
Lizzy67
Astral Faery
BwinneyBunny
mac
ressydm
classzlady1
Caleb_71
WittyKitty
AdriannaSimmie
SimEm
soloaris
Hunter
Strify
dsmbear
Sugah
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Simply Simful

Simply Simful

Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 11:49 am

It's Glasstiger's brand new laptop and there shouldn't be an issue. My Acer has none, but my old HP had some with sims 2. It may be in the game itself. I have heard of that as a matter of fact Boiling Oil mentioned something about it. I think I should go and see if he might know? Thanks both of you. I will see if I can find a solution. Other than the game, her laptop is great. lol

Hugs,

SS
Back to top Go down
http://www.simplysimfulcreations.com
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 12:07 pm

If they are related to fallout stuff, you can keep the requests here.
Otherwise, we can lock this thread if you don't need anything more for your apocalyptic hood.

Did Ulli provide enough bedding for you or could you use the furry grungy bedding, too?
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 6:29 am

Yes, I need more fallout type stuffs - I'm needing a changing table - all the ones I have are far too new looking.

I would love the bedding, if it's not too much trouble to send. Ulli made me quite a few, but it doesn't hurt to have more. Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 738528
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 1:29 pm

No trouble at all. I emailed it to you a wee bit ago. Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 584675

I will attempt to do the changing table, though I'm not crazy about most Maxis furniture meshes.
Do you have a CC mesh you like?
I might be able to get to it after this weekend, but more likely, after the Easter holiday. Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 338947
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 6:42 pm

Oh no problem. That will give me time to scout around and see what custom changing tables I like - though it really doesn't matter what style, as long as it looks like it was beat to death, lol. laughin
Back to top Go down
Simply Simful

Simply Simful

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 7:21 pm

Ari,

I know you asked for bedding, but I just recolored this military zombie squad camo outfit and wanted to know if you could use it? It was recolored first by Fancy Lamb, but I recolored it to add more detail in 3d and to add the SCZS writing also I changed the color. It's ok if you can't use it, I will be able to. It's for females. I didn't see one for men. I can try and find one for men if you want one for them. This took literally hours of detailing work. lol I like how it turned out though. Remember the colors in Body shop are darker then they will be in game.

EDIT: I just looked and these are for both genders. They are Maxis! FL recolored and I just did the same.
Here is the link on MTS for the set I downloaded from her and recolored. Military Makeover: Put More Camo in your Fatigues

Hugs,

SS

Military Camo Before:

Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 77a67b9c-5544-420d-9a3b-cb1ce9d22227_zps78c00871

After My Recolor And Detailing Work:

Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 77b18837-5667-4ad6-8096-fc75ff7d0c11_zps53c0e3fa

Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 8a87b987-c6a8-4df3-b1f4-57f96368d932_zps97310ae0

Detailing Work Done If You Can See It In This Photo:

Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 4b9757ce-e80e-46e0-9b54-c84b1c4e8645_zpsa2d87822
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 8:18 am

These are really nice, Julie. You did a good job on them. I love you
Back to top Go down
Simply Simful

Simply Simful

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 9:48 am

Thank you Ari!!!! I have been recoloring about a week and a half! I'm used to my PSP 7 though. So that makes all the difference. Now to make you something really disgusting!!! lol

Hugs!!!

Julie/SS
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 10:16 am

Awesome! I'll be looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
Simply Simful

Simply Simful

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 6:51 pm

I just woke up and as soon as I get my bearings, I will begin. lol

Hugs!!!

SS/Julie Muahaha

Edit:

Hi Ari,

I used WOS to recolor the maxis changing table. I used some filters on it to make it look as yucky as possible.
You may want it to be worse than this, and if so, I will understand. I chose the camo changing table.

Here is the photo:

Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 E7360be8-91b5-4900-a888-2a26d97486f7_zps26f737cb

EDIT: More Nasty Stuff!

Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 F270e3b8-f04e-4046-9dd9-71821a12b9e8_zpsb6eefdb8

Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 4720e440-5545-409d-a293-767df841ee0b_zps6bb0023f

I have all of this and if you would like any of it, just let me know.

Hugs,

SS
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 6:48 am

Oh Julie - these are all so fabulous! How very sweet of you - I'd love to have them in my game! Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 508493
Back to top Go down
Simply Simful

Simply Simful

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 8:03 am

Good Morning Ari!!!

You got the very first beds I have ever done and the very first cribs and changing tables! lol I am glad you like them and can use them!! I will package them up for you and place them in my box account for you to download. It will be later this evening. I have doctors and things today. I am thrilled I could make then yucky enough and they of course are Maxis. I used WOS to create them for you. I'll pm you as soon as I have them packaged this afternoon/evening and they are ready to be downloaded.

So thrilled you liked them!! They are so bad!! lol

Hugs,

Julie Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 284699 ThankUHearts
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 11:27 am

Simply Simful wrote:
Good Morning Ari!!!

So thrilled you liked them!! They are so bad!! lol

That's what makes them so awesome - thank you dear - appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 2:35 pm

The last changing table recolor in the middle pic turned out quite 'grungily', SS.
You're coming along with your Maxis recolors nicely! Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 584675

Ari, if you are good to go (I sent you an email, FYI), let me know and I shall close this thread for you.

Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 367799
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 2:46 pm

I think I'm good to go now. Thank you all so much for making my game beautifully depressing! laughin
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 2:47 pm

Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 302391

I shall lock this thread up then. Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 940149
Back to top Go down
FairyGirlRosey

FairyGirlRosey

PostSubject: Has anyone tried this yet?!   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 11:25 am

Hiya Rosey here. Now for my simple question.

Has anyone ever tried this tutorial? Does it work?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Basically, you move the folder where ever you want it to go. I moved it to D:\Program Files\EA Games Data

Once you move the folder you need to create something called a “symbolic link” from the old location to the new location. These instructions are for Windows Vista only. This can be done on XP with a program called “junction” but I’m not going to provide those instructions as XP is an 8 year old OS now and is a thing of the past.

Open up a command prompt and cd in to your Documents folder. In there you will use the following command:

mklink /j “EA Games” “D:\Program Files\EA Games Data”

This command is making a link, junction (folder), from EA Games in your current directory to the new location of the directory.

You will see this output:

Junction created for EA Games <<===>> D:\Program Files\EA Games Data

Telling you the junction from EA Games in your Documents folder has been linked to your new folder location. Now in your documents folder you will see the EA Games folder with a shortcut arrow on it.

You can navigate this folder and read/write files to it just as if the files were on your C:, but in reality the files live on your D:!

So now the 5gb bohemoth of a folder has been moved. It’s really cool because even though you can navigate to C:\Users\Nick\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Collections The OS is actually accessing the files in D:\Program Files\EA Games Data\The Sims2\Collections
(Take note that he's not the best at describing but it should be easy if it works...)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not very computer techy but this should be pretty simple for those that are and it should come in handy if so.
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 8:26 pm

Thing of the past?!? It's like Sims 2...Much better then anything before or that's come since. LOL But no I have not tried it...I would love to find the tut for XP.Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 99672 
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
FairyGirlRosey

FairyGirlRosey

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 8:57 pm

I didn't write the tut but I have a program that basically does what was described in it and I have yet to see it work because I have been busy with reality...  It's called "Link Shell Extension" I believe. Just google it and something should come up.
Also it's mainly for XP so this should do the trick for your computer and I hope you'll give it a try.
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 10:27 am

I found something about Linkd it's part of a MS toolkit, it's suppose to do it, I did download and installed the toolkit, I have yet to mess with it though. Hope it works...I could use some free space on C drive. Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 99672 
Back to top Go down
FairyGirlRosey

FairyGirlRosey

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:12 pm

I think we all could use some free space on the C drive. Hahahahahaha! Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 97206
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 5:23 pm

ThanksforSharing 

Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Unidentified graphics card   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 10:20 am

I have an AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series video card, but neither the card nor the vendor is listed in Video Cards.SGR or in Graphics Rules.SGR.

The game works OK, but I can't activate "Smooth Edges", which I think I should be able to since my card is pretty high end.

Anyone have any ideas on setting a different card by default?
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 4:22 pm

First off by TS2's standard Your card would be considered a ATI card, ATI was bought by AMD a few years ago and then re-branded as just AMD.

Most likely You'll have to edit the Video Cards.sgr to include Your video card id and possibly company id. Luckily finding those number are pretty simple.

You can find these IDs by going to Control Panel and then clicking on Device Manager. After that click on Display Adapters and double click the card's name. A new window should appear, Click on the Details tab. There should the word Property and below that there should be a drop down menu, Click it. In the drop down menu look for the text "Matching Device Id" and click it. Now in the same window below the drop down menu there should now be the text properties. The company id and video card id should be just just below properties, It will look something like this pci\ven_10de&dev_104a. It will be different depending on who created Your card as well as what card it is. ven_10de is the company id that made it(in this case Nvidia) and the dev_104a is the cards ID(which is the GeForce GT 610).

Unfortunately I can't tell You what exactly needs to be edited in Video Cards.sgr. So far I haven't had any problems with modern day video cards and TS2. But have heard of others having problems and in most cases they had to edit that file. Hopefully what I did tell You helps.
Back to top Go down
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 5:35 pm

Yea, Aaron is right there, what you might also try is select the highest rated ATI HD card that is listed...Might be a bit easier then editing things. The codes for that card should be close enough to your card's driver to function properly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next