Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests

Go down 
+19
Simply Simful
Grykon
ranabluu
leox1214
Lizzy67
Astral Faery
BwinneyBunny
mac
ressydm
classzlady1
Caleb_71
WittyKitty
AdriannaSimmie
SimEm
soloaris
Hunter
Strify
dsmbear
Sugah
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:07 pm

Oooh! How exciting! I never thought to ask Russ if he might improve upon some of the game's icky career garb!
I'll be interested to see what you come up with, Russ. Very cool!
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:33 pm

Sugah wrote:
Oooh! How exciting! I never thought to ask Russ if he might improve upon some of the game's icky career garb!
I'll be interested to see what you come up with, Russ. Very cool!

Some of the career garb certainly could do with an improvement. Some of the entertainer career outfits aren't great, but at least they're temporary as the sim moves up.

But that dumpy (really dumpy) blue suit is everywhere! affraid
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:36 pm

Sir Mac wrote:
But that dumpy (really dumpy) blue suit is everywhere!

Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 637989 Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 683951 Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 357604
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 1:05 am

I had a good look at this, there are three colours, light blue, yuck pink and an even worse light green. Now, these textures are also used for the teen Business mesh.

So I can retexture the three colours or make a new thinner waisted mesh, scale the mesh down to teen size as well, make new textures and replace the lot.

Let me know what you would like?

I will probably do these for my default body shape, which is something of high vertex numbers (not for low to middle end graphic cards).
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 7:26 am

I had hoped that it would be possible just to substitute, say, the high-end lawyer's outfit (smart maroon pantsuit).

A more form-fitting mesh would be good. Darker colors would help, too. And the shiny spots on the seat... verklempt

I do appreciate the work you have put/are putting into this Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 367799
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 7:51 am

I recoloured the light blue suit to a darker blue and darkened up the rear end, it is just I haven't been in that game to see what it looks like. I am actually thinking a new mesh and recolours, would be the best solution, with a less frumpy suit.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 7:58 am

Caleb_71 wrote:
frumpy

Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 357604
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 10:08 am

Russ wrote:
light blue, yuck pink and an even worse light green

laughin

I like the idea of it being a darker color with the darkened tush, Russ & Mac.
I agree with that. If it could be a bit more form fitting and with a slightly higher hem (still professional looking and classy, of course), that'd be great, too.

I will be curious how it looks in game once you test what you've done so far, Russ.
Does the original suit have flats or heels? I can't recall.
Thank you for all of your efforts on this project.

Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 28795
Back to top Go down
BwinneyBunny

BwinneyBunny

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:50 am

Ooooh I'm excited to see how this turns out. I can never have enough defaults in my game. Especially for the maxis outfits. I love maxis clothes but there's always room for improvement.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 6:33 pm

I don't know if you're looking for suggestions, Russ, but these are really pretty. I love the shape of them. They're classy, but they have a long hem. If you're interested, there is a link for Kleo's blog where she has her TOU posted.
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 7:15 am

Thanks Ari, I went there grabbed the mesh and textures, had a look at her TOU and she won't allow use of her textures. I wouldn't use her textures anyway, after looking at them close up.

Any way here is the only one I have done so far, feedback would be good.

Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 Business
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 7:43 am

Looks good - the main thing is to make it the default and get rid of the frumpy blue forever
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 7:46 am

Very nice! I really love the sexy, curvy shape of this mesh - I would love to see it as a default for the business suit. The texture looks kinda like a tweed-like texture - at least on my monitor. When I had a close look at Kleo's pic that I linked to yesterday, the texture looked kinda fuzzy, but I don't recall them looking like that in my game. Maybe it was just a poor picture. Your texture looks nice and sharp, though. Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 28795
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 8:15 am

Ari, the next time you are in game, make sure the sim's hair is up and look at the collar of the red outfit, I will also fix the arm to shoulder lump and make it smoother.

Making it a default for the business suit is actually easy, I just have to make two more recolours and resize the mesh for teens and then rename the new Packages to overide the Maxi's ones, but it will take a while. This is just to see if people are happy with the present look, although for a teen I am apprehensive whether it would suit.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am

I'll offer my two cents here, since you asked. girlwinkin

I think both the tweed and the hemline make it look a little too old-fashioned for a teenager.
That was my first thought when I saw it.
I'm thinking it might even be a bit "dated" for a young adult professional, too.
I like the style of this mesh, but would prefer a shorter hem (few inches above the knee) and a different texture & color on the suit.
Perhaps something more neutral, that would look good on both warm (spring/autumn) and cool (summer/winter) Sims?
This one looks like a rust/terra cotta color on my monitor, which would be great for Spring/Autumn Sims, but not so much for Summer/Winter ones.

Now, aren't you sorry you asked, Russ? Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 97206

Thank you for all of your efforts.
This is so great!

Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:21 am

Sugah, nope I am not sorry, feedback is what I am after.

The fabric is actually Silk Organza, it just looke like tweed, I will texturise it and remove the graininess.

The other mesh I was looking at was a flaired mini, for my game that is the one, for everyone else, I will go mid way between the two, as I also think it is a bit old fashioned for a teen.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:30 am

I like your idea of softening the fabric up, so it looks less like tweed. Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 940149

Quote :
...I was looking at was a flaired mini, for my game that is the one, for everyone else, I will go mid way between the two...

Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 147390

Are you still open to seeing an image or two, perhaps going in a different direction?
I know that many women still wear skirts in the professional world.
However, smart pant suits are a nice alternative for business casual.
I found one the other day I thought was stunning, but I don't know how complex creating a mesh like it would be. Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 553217
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 4:38 pm

Sugah wrote:
However, smart pant suits are a nice alternative for business casual.
I found one the other day I thought was stunning, but I don't know how complex creating a mesh like it would be. Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 553217

Unless you show me or give a link, I cannot answer your question, complex meshes can be made, but for a default replacement, simpler is preferred as there are no alphas or bump maps, only a fat morph.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:07 pm

I had not thought of that, Russ.
I'm pretty sure the ensemble I am thinking of might be too complex then.

Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 DefaultBizSuit1

Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 DefaultBizSuitTrousers
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:34 pm

Sugah wrote:
I had not thought of that, Russ.
I'm pretty sure the ensemble I am thinking of might be too complex then.

That is actually a rather simple mesh, the UV Map may be a little crowded for easier texturing (I like to make things easy), but I will do one. I am actually shorten the above dress at the moment and we will see.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 8:13 am

I hadn't even thought of a shorter skirt or how it would look on a teen. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 2:35 pm

Quote :
That is actually a rather simple mesh ... I will do one. I am actually shorten the above dress at the moment and we will see.

Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 534790

Looking forward to it, Russ!

Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 367799

Back to top Go down
Lizzy67

Lizzy67

PostSubject: Apartment lot with houses having a foundation - tute anywhere ?   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 1:11 am

I've jst seen Sugah's trailer park (lovely !) and I built one or two mobile homes but only in residential areas.

I would like very much to build apartment houses with a foundation for an apartment lot. But if I'm right there's a little trick to do that, as normally apartment lots have apartment units without foundation or such lots can't be converted to apartment lots. It's like for apartment lots converted from beach houses. I've seen a feww at other sites.

Where can I find a tutorial explaining how to have an apartment lot with foundation (and therefore also entrance stairs connected) and also an apartment area on a beach lot ?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
http://lizcreasims2updates.wordpress.com
leox1214

PostSubject: Searching for a Witch Hunt set   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 3:35 am

Hey guys, this is my first post on this forum and i was looking for a witch hunt set like a stake where people burn witches and so.
If anyone knows a link to it please give it to me.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:14 pm

Leo, thank you for joining us and for posting your request.

Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 231655984

I did a search yesterday and did not pull up much at all.
There were a few witches mods & ensembles, but no 'witch hunt' downloads. Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 62525

I am hoping someone else here has more luck than I did, but I may search some more later for you. Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 584675

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests   Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous Q & A and Unfulfilled Requests
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next