Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Mac's 'Hood

Go down 
+20
Sugah
Cher64
Aaroneous
MaAlet
eliseluong
Lightheart
Nonni
Simply Simful
beckylynn2109
Grykon
butterflyunion
Jayce
SimEm
Caleb_71
autumnelle
Ullwera
Hunter
Astral Faery
AdriannaSimmie
soloaris
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 9:20 pm

sunny That's just wonderful! dancintrio Congratulations Nerissa and Nathaniel! Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 366915 Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 912276

I love that you couldn't drag yourself away from them! Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 12612 They are a very cute couple!

Janet Goode and Kristi are also very pretty. Can't see the others that well. Looks like a fun wedding. I'm eagerly awaiting what I hope will be baby news! :wigglypig: Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 12612

By the way, if you disable the the special even camera, you can get the whole proposal in normal simmie time, and you can pause and take all the pix you want. You can always put back on the camera after. It's under the the 'camera options' when you're in the screen that you go to to save.

Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 Camoptions

This is the feature you're looking for:

Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 Disable
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 7:06 am

ilikefishfood wrote:
By the way, if you disable the the special even camera, you can get the whole proposal in normal simmie time, and you can pause and take all the pix you want. You can always put back on the camera after. It's under the the 'camera options' when you're in the screen that you go to to save.
I'm glad you like the story so far. Thanks for the tip on the special event camera - I'll try to capture the arrival of the new Broadswood-Smythe-Almassizadeh baby sim.

BTW, Nerissa kept her maiden name - Almassizadeh, but I think the baby will be "Just" Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 128862 Broadswood-Smythe
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:36 am

mac wrote:

BTW, Nerissa kept her maiden name - Almassizadeh, but I think the baby will be "Just" Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 128862 Broadswood-Smythe

Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 97206

Looking forward to the updates~ Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 578473
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 12:31 pm

Aw..how sweet. I like it that you're getting so into it that you want to stay longer than the allotted time and that you're going to let them be pioneers in the parenting department. They do make a very cute couple. I've had a couple get pregnant on their honeymoon and had the baby later at home - and didn't have any problems. So good luck to Nathaniel and Nerissa. I love you
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 1:12 pm

Astral Faery wrote:
Aw..how sweet. I like it that you're getting so into it that you want to stay longer than the allotted time and that you're going to let them be pioneers in the parenting department. They do make a very cute couple. I've had a couple get pregnant on their honeymoon and had the baby later at home - and didn't have any problems. So good luck to Nathaniel and Nerissa. I love you

Mine seem to always get pregnant on honeymoons whether I like it or not! laughin Mac the game actually pauses the pregnancy until they get back home. Usually even the symptoms don't kick in until they get home.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 6:09 pm

How neat that these two are breaking all of your usual rules, having babies, making you want to play them longer. That's so neat. They look really happy together. I love you
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 8:04 am

Nerissa and Nathaniel had a little girl: Simone. If the baby had been a baby boy, he would have been Simon. Here she is with mom and dad. It had been a long time since my sims had a baby. I found I had a "nursing" hack I must have installed at some point - can't find where from, but it's very useful. Mom nurses standing up, which is a bit different, and sways from side to side like any and all moms. Details are dithered and the reason it's useful? Don't have to get a bottle, don't have to dispose of a bottle! (Dad still has to get a bottle). Works only for babies. BTW, the "Parenting" skill available in the bookshelf (Apartment, maybe earlier) isn't worth it. You can find all you need on the spot without spending the time to learn the skill.
Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 Snapshot_faacb8b0_3abc9e67
Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 Snapshot_faacb8b0_fabca3cb

Here is Simone at the birthday party where she became a toddler. That's Kristi March looking on, while Nathaniel and Alison Hunter settle down for a game of chess in the background. Note that using Smart Milk and the Thinking Cap are a must for the teaching of basic toddler skills.
Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 Snapshot_faacb8b0_fabec0d5

Here we are at Simone's birthday party, the day she became a child. She's talking with Julia Roberts, while Maeve (a www.simstr.com download) looks on in the background.
Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 Snapshot_faacb8b0_5abf3674

Why are mom and dad dancing so happily? No bottles! No crib! No changing! No potty chair! 'Nuff said!
Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 Snapshot_faacb8b0_1abf376d

Nerissa had to go to work as a Mad Scientist (Bwahahahah!) Simone is dancing with Maeve. Nathaniel (who now is Minister of Education) is discussing his first book with Julia. His first book (a nonfiction: Trains, Planes, and Automobiles, Oh My!) was remaindered two days after publication. He is currently working on Physics, Not About Carbonation.
Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 Snapshot_faacb8b0_9abf3949

I've now played this family for almost 20 days, a whole sim year! In a few sim days I'll leave them (reluctantly) and continue on with the rest of my neighborhood. I'll probably be getting back to them next October or November. It's been fun!
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 5:12 pm

Aw, they are such a cute family! I'm glad you enjoyed playing them.

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles is one of my favorite movies, lol.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 7:22 am

Curiously, Nerissa and Nathaniel started out with 3 bolts each way. Now they are down to 2. No changes in likes/dislikes or in their attributes that affect them. I hope it's not the simple fact of marriage! verklempt
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:19 am

Oh! I love it Mac! dancintrio Simone turned out really cute! I love how children dance with such abandon! It's so realistic~ Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 12612

Mom and dad celebrating their freedom from diapers and bottles! Ha haaaaaaa! laughin

That two bolt thing is odd. Did any personality points change through any of their activities or anything? I recently found out that it helps if they have similar personalities. What are their turn ons and offs? If for instance a simmie likes fitness and their partner starts to pork up (or vice versa) it should affect bolts.

Or a simmie who say is turned on or off by a particular kind of clothing or even skill points. Some simmies (I can't fathom why) are turned off by very logical or charismatic simmies, or ones that cook well (so weird!)...so if their partner starts gaining too many points in those areas, you might run into trouble. Hmmmmmmm.....

But I must say congratulations are in order for getting attached to a family...with babies and everything! Well done! Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 366915 Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 790471

Thoroughly enjoyed the update. Looking forward to seeing Simone as a teen. Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 12612
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 3:49 pm

Both Nerissa and Nathaniel are Knowledge/Virgo. Her likes are: Black Hair and Custom Hair, her dislike is Stinky Check, Check, and Check.

His likes are Logical, Hard Worker, his dislike is Athletic. Check and check on the likes. She has all seven skills filled to the top. So is Athletic = Fitness? Maybe that's it. Both have filled their career LTW (Scientist/Education) and both have new LW of $100000. His secondary is Money, hers is Family. Anyway, I'm not breaking them up!
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 5:17 pm

mac wrote:
his dislike is Athletic. Check and check on the likes. She has all seven skills filled to the top. So is Athletic = Fitness? Maybe that's it.

Bingo! That's it Athletic is 7 body points or more.

But two bolts is still pretty decent. I'm sure they'll have a long, happy life together Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 12612
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 2:21 pm

Such a cute family. It's neat to see what their daughter looks like. Simone is a cute girl.

I kind of have mixed feelings about chemistry bolts sometimes. I think I get too caught up in getting the best match sometimes, when I had sims that got together before I had Nightlife that had no chemistry, but had perfectly fine marriages. It's easy to forget that that's not the only thing. I agree with Toni, 2 bolts is pretty good, but if you want to make it three again, you could always change his turn off or take away some of her body skill points. Changing turn offs are easy enough to do if you wish.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 2:36 pm

I don't get too hung up on bolts, either. I like to have two, three is great. I was mainly curious how they dropped a bolt. I also have very happily married couples - pre Nightlife. Among them: Johnny Depp and Lucy Liu. He's Law Enforcement and she's Criminal - and they sometimes go to work in the same car! Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 97206
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:40 pm

Toni wrote:
Congratulations Nerissa and Nathaniel! I love that you couldn't drag yourself away from them!
Ari wrote:
I like it that you're getting so into it that you want to stay longer than the allotted time and that you're going to let them be pioneers in the parenting department.
Em wrote:
How neat that these two are breaking all of your usual rules, having babies, making you want to play them longer.

Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 357604

My sentiments exactly! Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 940149

Mac wrote:
Why are mom and dad dancing so happily? No bottles! No crib! No changing! No potty chair! 'Nuff said!

FREEDOM! dancintrio

I haven't truly been able to play in so long, I don't know if I could even handle my Sims having wee ones at this point. Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 62525

Quote :
But I must say congratulations are in order for getting attached to a family...with babies and everything! Well done!

Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 366915 Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 790471 Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 366915

What a precious, lovely family Nerissa, Nathaniel and little Simone are, Mac.
Thank you for sharing your Sim antics with us.
I truly enjoyed seeing all of your screenshots and reading about your beloved little family.

As far as chem bolts go...
Two is even better than three sometimes, if you ask me.
When they have three bolts, they're like lovesick teens and are constantly getting side-tracked by one another.
With only two, at least they can stay focused on tending to their lives, rather than always wanting to snack on eachother non-stop. Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 99672

Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:58 pm

Sugah wrote:
With only two, at least they can stay focused on tending to their lives, rather than always wanting to snack on each other non-stop.

LOL Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 448283 Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 683951
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 1:13 pm

That's true. Good point, Sugah. Three bolters can drive you nuts that way. Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 12612
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 3:54 pm

I loaded up Ariana Woodfae (many thanks to Ari). She's a Knowledge/Pisces Sim2 Creator/Gamer. She's not gotten very far yet, she had a big mortgage to pay off (still paying) since she wanted a house big enough to house her witchery stuff eventually. She's only level 2 (Apprentice Bodyshopper) in her career. Here she is with Sugah, Milano, and Delphy -- Hysterical couldn't make it. BTW I kept her packaged gown as everyday, although I think the long sleeves are a bit absurd - eating or typing with them is strange to say the least...
Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 Snapshot_dad85386_5adbc63a

One of the first sims I ever downloaded from Hunter/Sugah was Hunter's Carole - a really superbly designed sim - I cast her as a Devil Wears Prada Fashion Editor type - elegant, standoffish, etc. I reactivated her recently and who should visit but one of the my most recent downloads: Logan Varner. Can't figure why, but they really hit it off. One would think that a Senior Fashion Editor and a lowly Private Eye wouldn't have much in common, but...
Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 Snapshot_582fee24_9adedf61

To quote Logan (in character) "She's a real classy dame!"
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:44 pm

Looks like Ariana is fitting in very nicely.

I'm happy that Logan has found love in your game. He seems to have a thing for blondes. I guess for him and Carole it must be a case of opposites attract.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:34 pm

Although I have added a lot of non-celeb sims (and really enjoy them a great deal) my neighborhood is primarily celebrities.

I have a problem... verklempt

The next celeb up to bat is none other than --- Arnold Schwartzenegger. He is currently a Politics sim (Level 7: Congressman). His LTW is to be Mayor (the appropriate LTW for politics).

Question: Given that he has achieved a little extra "celebrity" - should I change his LTW to Grilled Cheese??? Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 97206
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 9:24 am

Aw, I'm so happy to see Ari sim in your 'hood, Mac. You can change her clothes and hair to suit your own tastes, of course. I love you
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 9:37 am

I think a game with lotsa celebrities would be so cool.
I downloaded only a few back in the day (Keanu Reeves, Sophia Loren, etc).
It's a really neat idea to have a whole hood full of celebs hob nobbing amongst the regular folk.

Quote :
Given that he has achieved a little extra "celebrity" - should I change his LTW to Grilled Cheese???

Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 99672

Can't wait to meet Arnie, Mac. Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 21650

I love seeing Sugah and ArianaFae dining together.
They were once sistas from anotha motha in our LaFemme Roomies Adventure. girlwinkin

Thank you for sharing. Fun stuff!
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptySat May 21, 2011 7:55 am

Sugah wrote:
Can't wait to meet Arnie, Mac. Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 21650

Here's Arnie!
Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 Snapshot_9ae30890_fae3094c

I usually don't let real life events affect my sims, but in a few cases I do make exceptions. I had just saved prior to sending him off to work - to get the highest level in the politics career (Mayor, not Gubernator Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 128862 ) - which would have achieved his LTW. Off he went to work, then my game crashed - when you play a 'hood as full as mine with so many downloads, crashing is part of life.

I had a day to reflect, and just maybe my computer was trying to tell me something. When I reloaded, I fired up Sim Blender and changed his LTW, then sent him off to work. He became mayor but his LTW had changed!

Arnold, your flings may last an hour, a day, a month, or years, but Grilled Cheese is forever! Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 894770
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptySat May 21, 2011 10:45 am

Lovin' Grill-grease Arnie! Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 99672
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 EmptySat May 21, 2011 1:12 pm

That's hilarious! I could totally see you starting out with buff in-shape Arnold and ending up with a sloppy, overweight grilled cheese addict. :muahaha:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mac's 'Hood
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next