Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach

Go down 
+8
butterflyunion
Caleb_71
SimEm
Sugah
ilikefishfood
AdriannaSimmie
mac
Jayce
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Jayce

Jayce

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 6:43 am

Hi Mac Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 837249

Is there really such a thing as a femme overloaded hood??! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 97206

I'm thrilled with the idea of my girls and boys having a different reality! :dancinkitty1:

I never considered any of them being "somewhere else." Until I found Sugah's, I've only ever enjoyed the game as a something I devote a huge part of my life to, which my family and friends don't understand. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it is so amazing to find people who respect Sims 2. Not "like" but actually respect. I always thought there was an intelligence and emotional connection inside the game that maybe the creators hadn't consciously intended, which resounded with certain people and took them somewhere else...

Wow, I'd love to see what my little mates would be doing (and with who!) in your hood, Mac!

I must confess I am in love with many of my girls droolin I like finding them in beautiful clothes to wear and introducing them to other girls I think they might enjoy hanging with. (Sure, the boys go surfing and play pool and poker. But what's that compared to solid female friendships that will last decades?) And, of course, partnering them with the Right Man. Because that man has got to treat my girls like the classy ladies they are!
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 7:21 am

Jayce wrote:
I never considered any of them being "somewhere else." Until I found Sugah's, I've only ever enjoyed the game as a something I devote a huge part of my life to, which my family and friends don't understand. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it is so amazing to find people who respect Sims 2. Not "like" but actually respect. I always thought there was an intelligence and emotional connection inside the game that maybe the creators hadn't consciously intended, which resounded with certain people and took them somewhere else...

Your paragraph above really describes my addiction, yes addiction, to the game. It's interesting that this site is devoted to Sims 2. Many, if not most, of us looked forward to Sims 3 and eagerly bought it. I installed, tried, and uninstalled! There were a few features that would have improved Sims 2, but the whole soul of the game was gone. My wife finally gave in and started playing Sims 2 as well. She mainly creates her own sims using CAS and, although she's a member of this site, doesn't visit often. When I tell her of the goings on in my 'hood, she gives me a tolerant smile. laughin

Jayce wrote:
I must confess I am in love with many of my girls droolin I like finding them in beautiful clothes to wear and introducing them to other girls I think they might enjoy hanging with. (Sure, the boys go surfing and play pool and poker. But what's that compared to solid female friendships that will last decades?) And, of course, partnering them with the Right Man. Because that man has got to treat my girls like the classy ladies they are!

Check out Nerissa Broadswood-Smythe in my 'hood (pages 8-9, 21, 25). Now and then I find an in-game sim that, with a little makeup and hair style, becomes someone special. This is Nerissa and her family. Her teenage daughter, Simone, was a real pleasant surprise. I do a lot of pairing up, but the way Simone turned out has encouraged me to have more in-game reproducing, although I find the baby and toddler phases somewhat tedious (like real life??? laughin )

Probably one of the reasons we tend toward having lots of femmes in our 'hoods is that in the entire sims community, more creative effort has been spent on the gals and their clothes than on the guys.

I also treat my sims well, don't torture them. I always make sure that they earn and use enough green stuff to stay "immortal". One of my peeves in this game, however, is the age classification. The "adults" are 20-30 somethings who become 80-something elders. Where are the 50-something parents of the kids in university? I qualify as an "elder" but don't hobble around groaning. Well, at least most of the time! laughin

Last edited by mac on Fri May 25, 2012 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:29 am

Jayce wrote:

Is there really such a thing as a femme overloaded hood??! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 97206

I am known to run all girl hoods, although I have one hood with one male and definitely rated AO.
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:33 am

Jayce wrote
Quote :
I'd be absolutely delighted to upload my guys. sunny If you could direct me somewhere that has instructions how, that would be great!

I am sure that Lady S would be more than thrilled and I know I would too, if you would like to offer your very handsome and beautiful simmie creations.
Just make sure to read over the rules in the topic that i have listed below. The main thing, is NO TSR or pay content. It is in best manners and practice to adhere to a mesh creator's policies and TSR just seems to bork some people's computers out. What you can do (as most of us often do), if you just find a fantastic new hair mesh, clothing mesh, etc. Don't included it in your package, but just provide a link to where other people may obtain it.

I would highly recommend box.net or mediafire to upload and host your link for download. I can PM you a template to use if you would like.

Lady S likes one head shot, one body shot and one shot of all the CC you are including with your download. If you would like a quick reference, you can just look at any of the models in the modeling agency to get an idea. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. One of us will gladly help you out! I know I had to ask a whole lot when I first started offering stuff here and I still do from time to time :))

Thank you for wanting to offering your delicious Simmies here, I know a few i would just love to have in my game :))

You can read over the gift giving rules here in this topic

*I forgot to add you would need to post a separate entry for each model under the gift thread :))

Last edited by AdriannaSimmie on Fri May 25, 2012 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:39 am

Thanks, Jen, for helping Jayce on this. Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 243713

I think I'm going to fall in love with Georgia! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 508493
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:55 am

Glad to help out Mac and Jayce :))
That's the great thing about this fabulous forum :))) ThankUHearts
Back to top Go down
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:59 am

Hi everyone! dancintrio

Adrianna: Thanks so much for your help and offer of advice. I'm going to be hitting you up with a few questions over the next couple of weeks, if that's OK with you. I just want to be sure I understand everything correctly!

Caleb: I am still wrapping my head around the concept of an all girl/one man hood!! laughin All I can say, and this is the highest compliment, is: You Dirty Little Bugger! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 97206

Mac: You really summed it up perfectly about the age classification in the game! I wish there was a more gentle transition phase, too. I would love my sims to enjoy middle age (as their kids transit through their late teens into uni and start their own lives) and to experience retirement and being a grandparent without stooping and shuffling around! Nothing spectacular, just subtle enough to suggest the passage of time. I guess I'll have to experiment more with make-up and changing their hair while I delay them before being elders this time....

Thanks for your comments and encouragement, everyone! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 687310 Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 711747

Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 9:15 am

Jayce wrote:
I guess I'll have to experiment more with make-up and changing their hair while I delay them before being elders this time....

My attempt at a self-sim is at the bottom of this thread. More or less an adult with grey hair and mustache. My avatar doesn't look 70, but then he doesn't look 25 either.
Back to top Go down
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 9:59 am

Haha, Mac, you nailed your sim-self by the looks!

I will have to attempt a sim-self at some point in time. The Sim-Leos always act too cool for school with their "How YOU doin'" schtick, which entertains me, as I actually find myself doing that at work with customers I've known for 10-12 years! laughin

You've given me a few ideas about aging my sims gracefully, though. Maybe there's nothing like a good mo' to say "the kids have left home!" Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 940149
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:15 am

Quote :
Adrianna: Thanks so much for your help and offer of advice. I'm going to be hitting you up with a few questions over the next couple of weeks, if that's OK with you. I just want to be sure I understand everything correctly!

Ask away sweetie. You can ask anyone for any help, if one of us doesn't know, we can ask our most gracious hostess and get you answer very quickly!

Looking forward to seeing what goodies you will offer us :))

Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2012 5:17 pm

I like Owen's look a lot. He's very unique and cute. I don't think I've seen that hairstyle before. Do you happen to remember where it came from? David reminds me of a sim of mine, probably because they have the same hairstyle. :)

The beach and barbecue pictures are gorgeous. They make me wish I could walk into the game.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 7:01 am

Hi Em!

I'm so happy you like Owen! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 508493 I find him so compelling! I knew his style and personality the moment he walked into the hood because he looks so distinct and different. Some sims I have to let be, to SIMmer for a little while, until I "find" them and then develop them (and the direction they're going!)

Not so with Owen. I played him differently from my other sims, I can't explain why. But he's turned out to be very complex and impacts on the game in a way I hadn't foreseen. Owen really makes me think. Usually at times when I shouldn't be thinking about him, like when I'm in in the shower and already late for work! laughin

His hair is from MTS, a Dean Winchester (Jason Ackles) sim, inspired by the "Supernatural" TV series. I didn't end up using the sim (as is so often the way) but loved the hair. I think you made need to fiddle around with the hairline in Costume Make-Up section (I use hairlines quite a bit, they look more natural). I may have used a hair re-colour by Meike? Sorry, Em, the entries I kept in my note-book are not very detailed. They do have some very artistic coffee and red-wine stains, though! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 97206

Back to top Go down
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 7:18 am

Em, I just needed to add I think I used a different hair-line from MTS. I think it's from a Jake Gyllenhaal sim there. I didn't use him, either! But I do like to cobble all the various features together to get someone in the end!

Back to top Go down
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 7:09 am

Hi there folks! sunny

Just a few more photos from Pacific Beach and a couple more locals for you to meet on your travels...

Living in the tropics, Sarah Kincaid and Ethan Vegas have acclimatized to the monsoonal rains that break around late spring. This year, the wet season had some spectacular thunderstorms.
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 SarahandEthanrainwalk
That house down the road with the white lattice fence I overuse belongs to Sarah's brother, Robert, and his girlfriend, Freya.

Here's Robert with Sarah:
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 RobertwithSarah
A photographer and old-school 1950's aficionado, Robert has such a sweet nature! Ethan had to work hard to earn his trust and approval when he first started dating Sarah at uni. Robert is very protective of her. So am I. They're my only brother/sister family unit.

After the rain over the past week, Sarah couldn't wait to get back in the water!
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Sarahswim

As usual, Eddie was determined to enjoy himself.
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Eddiearvococktail

It's not easy being Eddie...
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Eddiechilling

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Eddiesuntan

Feeding the koi is about the limit of his responsibilities in the house!
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Eddiefeedingkoi

There's always time for a barbeque...
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EddieBBQ

... and a little "afternoon delight."
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EddieafternoondelightCourtney

Things always get a little tricky for Eddie, of course. His latest girlfriend, Courtney Wilson, doesn't handle Eddie telling her "how it is" and by the way, your pancakes are great.
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EddietellsCourtneyhowitis

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 CourtneyatEddies
Courtney is getting that sinking realization this relationship is not what she thought it was.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 7:46 am

Every neighborhood needs to have a "bad boy" (or else they all take turns? laughin ) Eddie certainly seems to fill the bill. Will Courtney hang on to him regardless, or decide she can do much better? I'll be staying tuned!

BTW - love the pic of Sarah in the surf! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 846508
Back to top Go down
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 8:47 am

Luckily, Courtney had plenty to distract her from...

("Memories... like the corners of my mind....")

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 CourtnetandEddie-1

Courtney has an audition for Anthony D'Orlando's band!
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 CourtneyandJossStone

She is stressing about what songs she's going to play and what she's going to wear...
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Courtneystresses

And, of course, she will to have to good. Like Rock Goddess good.
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 CourtneyandMelGibson
She doesn't like exercising any more than she likes that damn Barbra Streisand song playing in her head.
Lucky she has Mel Gibson snarling at her....

Mel has just the right attitude to inspire Courtney.
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Courtneyflex

To think she was almost too scared to call Anthony D'Orlando's manager....
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 CourtneyshouldI

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 CourtneyUnionJackTshirt
Courtney had every reason to feel hesitant.

With Anthony being known for his attitude...
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 AnthonyWTFConnor-1

... and his lead guitarist, Brad Cooper, a perfectionist....
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Bradonstage

... Courtney knew she would have to do something extraordinary.
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Courtneyonkeyboard

She wasn't going to audition with some tired old cover. She wouldn't try to be someone she wasn't.
She felt a rawness and an ache where her feelings about Eddie knotted inside her.

Courtney would play Anthony D'Orlando her own composition.
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Courtneykeyboard
[left]
Back to top Go down
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 9:02 am

Hi Mac sunny

I was still posting the next part when your message landed! laughin

Thanks so much for your comments Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 344738

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 405831 You really inspire me!

Sarah is one of my favorites. As my Kiwi mate would say about Sarah, "she'd look good coming out of a swamp!" I believe that is a compliment!
Back to top Go down
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi there folks sunny

While Courtney rehearses her song, I'm going to introduce you to another couple in Pacific Beach. I hope you enjoy their company as much as I do! laughin

If I can just take you back a moment to our friend, Chris Stone...
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Chriscomestovisit
This handsome Marine has been thinking quite a lot lately about asking his girlfriend, Georgia, to marry him. Chris has a Capricornian rock-stability I think would make him a great husband and father. He also has a Family secondary aspiration, which I've just assigned him and Georgia, Ethan and Sarah, Sarah's brother, Robert and his lady, Freya.

I'm planning some weddings for the first time in Pacific Beach! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 366915

My couples have been together so long (many since uni). None longer than Chris' brother, Mike, and Angelina Steele. They're attraction was so intense, they hooked up before Eddie Vegas had even started to his odyssey of love!

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 AngelinaandMike
Angelina and Mike have a special place in my heart!

They also have the best (I think) house in the hood. Here's a birds-eye view:
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Stonehouseoverview
The way it sits against the cape made it the prime real-estate in Pacific Beach. I made the whole lot sand, as you can see, because the contours of the coast seemed to suggest this lot had to be different, more "elemental" to the others.

This is Mike.
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Mikehandsome

And here's Angelina.
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Angelinabeautiful

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Mikeroses
They work so hard during the week (Angelina is a psychologist, Mike's a plastic surgeon), they always try to make their weekends special for each other.

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Inlove
They were in love from the start. I couldn't have stopped these two even if I tried!

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Dinnerwaterfall
I absolutely treasure the "domesticity" of my households. I think sometimes I capture the essence of a relationship - the comfort and familiarity and intimacy - when they're sitting down to eat.

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 MikeandAngelinahorsingaround
Or simply just the way they look at each other. With Mike and Angelina, it's a playful, passionate and so affectionate! I can understand why they want each other so much....

Angelina makes me think of some archetypal Venus/Aphrodite whenever she's near the water!
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 AngelinaDrNo
I'm always getting her in the ocean!

And Mike...
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Snapshot_5c50e0fb_7cc03a2e
... it's all in his eyes!

Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 2:22 pm

Yikes! wow! Mike and Angelina - you are creating some handsome (him) and ddg (her) simmies! I'll be looking forward to getting them into my 'hood and giving them (probably entirely different) adventures. I'm curious, are the plastic surgeon and psychologist careers actual careers in the game sense or are you embellishing the description of medical careers?

When Sugah and Paul cycle around to activation again, I'll be planning a wedding for them. I'd like to try a beach wedding but it'll be winter! Maybe if I keep an eye on the weather report. OTOH, a beach wedding in the snow just might be amusing.
Back to top Go down
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 9:07 pm

Hi there Mac

They are actual careers from MTS. I also added fashion design and photographer for my creative sims (Sarah and her brother, Robert), enlisted Marine Corps (for Chris) and, because I have a hood full of Fortune-hunters, real estate, banking, marketing and two others I haven't yet tried, accountancy and "Oil Baron" laughin Those will be for the next generation!

I also have quite a few models (Sarah designs for her clothing label with these girls in mind!) and a couple of pro-surfers. I jumped for joy when I found the surfer career! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 262201 What could be more perfect for Pacific Beach?!!

There's others in there I haven't used yet. Although I can't yet imagine any of my sims exactly wanting to get their hands dirty being a mechanic, someone will have to service their cars! laughin

I'm really intrigued by the idea of a winter beach wedding!! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 448283

I think it could actually end up being quite memorable.... Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 55638 I can't wait to see the wedding album!

I'm glad you like Angelina and Mike... Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 940149 I'm taking you around their house next!
Back to top Go down
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 12:08 am

Angelina and Mike always dreamed of a beach house with a landscaped tropical garden!
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Angelinafrontgarden

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Mikehibiscus
I love getting all the plants a bit wild and overgrown...

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Angelinapalmfrondsbeach
Angelina works longer hours than Mike. On the weekend, she wants to completely unwind.

Mike makes sure he spoils her while she's getting that much-needed downtime. He really pulls his weight around the house, this guy!
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 MikeeggsandbaconSunday

Because he has more time off, Mike spends most of it outside. He's debating going for a surf. It's overcast with storm-clouds rolling in and the ocean looks really rough....
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 MikeOceangarden

While his brother, Chris, likes the surf on the coral reefs around Pacific Beach...
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 ChrisandScottPacificbeach

.... Mike is a bit more cautious. I think that comes from him being a plastic surgeon. He would have to be very exact in his line of work!
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Mikebalconyview

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Mikesurfsup
The beach at Mike and Angelina's house forms a natural bay.

From above, you can see how the coastline drops down to the ocean floor!
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Mikeocean

At night, it seems so sheltered and private under the cape lighthouse!
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Stonehouselighthousenight

This is my favorite house in the whole hood! Of course, it could have something to do with the waterfall...
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 StonehousenightoceanMark
That's a friend of their's, Mark Richards, enjoying the tranquility.

Here's Mark coming to visit...
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Markcomestovisit

... his girlfriend, Seraphina, walking with Mike through the garage and past the gym...
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 StonegaragegymSeraphina

... and down to the beach, where Angelina's cooking burgers.
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Angelinaburgersnight

Judging by the expression on Mark's face, Angelina makes a mean burger!
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Markburgerlooksgood

Some random photos of these two, which I love.
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Mikebalcony

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Angelinastunning

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Angelinawater

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Sexy

Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 7:23 am

Hi Jayce,

I have seen the careers on MTS by lientebollemeis, tried them, then stopped using them all. Unless the author has made modifications, these careers make no changes at all to hunger-bladder-cleanliness-fun-social-rest. The sim comes home with the same values in these as when he left. I would love to have a job like that! I just felt this was too unrealistic to play.

The careers do sound great, and seem to cover absolutely everything, but I wish that the creator could fix that glitch.

BTW, that house (it seems to be a proper beach house, too) is beautiful, as are your pictures. Angelina and Mike are a beautiful couple. You're doing some great design - both houses and sims! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 846508
Back to top Go down
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 1:19 pm

Hey there Mac

I've never really noticed any needs glitch in my game, I'm positive all my sims come home from a hard day at the office busting to "spend a penny" and in desperate need of a shower! They're usually hungry, too, so I keep an eye on the time and their needs and, if there's a partner or housemate home, I get them to start dinner (unless my hard-working sim has locked a want to cook something in particular).

As we all know, there's nothing like the smell of dinner cooking in the oven when you get home! laughin

Hmmm... unusual. Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 391884 I'm going to pay special attention to this when I jump into the hood tomorrow, though, and get back to you.

You know, I still like to play the original careers. I ended up with a number of business and law aspirants in the hood. They're always bringing each other home for dinner after work, it's great! laughin A couple of casual relationships started this way and promotions "magically" resulted. I guess that is one way to get promoted! I sometimes think those Fortune sims have no respect for themselves! laughin

Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 1:39 pm

I'll be interested in what you find in the lientebollemeis careers. There is also another big advantage in using the Maxis careers. You can use the SimBlender (found here) to set the ltw according to the career you've chosen. Most but not all of the ltw are included for each aspiration. For the non-Maxis and University careers, you have to set the ltw to something else. Probably the easiest is 20 best friends. I also use max out all 7 skills for those nonstandard careers which have a lot of requirements or the 100K simoleans for fortune sims.
Back to top Go down
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 7:43 am

Hi Mac

Thanks for your great advice! I really like the sound of that Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 21650

I've just been plugging away, ignoring the LTW's when they don't interest me (I doubt I will ever have a criminal mastermind or space pirate in my hood, somehow) and just furbishing their wants into Platinum Lifetime. I know that's not how you're "supposed" to play the game, in a rule-book sense, but I feel the "character" of my sims more realistically if they have a career that suits them.

I really get into the personalities of my simmies. Their careers seem to define and shape them (even down to the clothes they wear!) and, of course, it adds so much detail to the storyline! laughin

Thanks for explaining the best way to go about things with the SimBlender, Mac. Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 687310 I think I'm going to find all of that very useful!

I visited three lots today - nine residents with custom careers - and, without exception, they all returned from work as tired, hungry and dirty as I normally do! I will visit the rest over the next two days and let you know how they fare... Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 391884

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next