Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Mac's Families

Go down 
+10
MaAlet
ilikefishfood
SandySimmer
Cher64
autumnelle
Grykon
Nonni
Sugah
Ullwera
Astral Faery
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
mac

mac

Mac's Families - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 7:49 am

Being 77 (and 77 is the new 76 laughin) I really don't like the portrayal of elders in Sims 2 - groaning, hobbling, wheezing... Excuse Me! Mac's Families - Page 10 971462

And I've thought there has always been a missing age group. The 'adults' are 20-30 somethings. Where are the 40-60 year olds? (BTW in RL they're the parents of the kids in univ!)

I tend to retire my sims as adults - and keep them as adults. Nobody dies of old age. That said, I did elderize your self-sim and she turned out to be a pretty neat lady! Here she is with Nonni's avatar. In the pic she's an elder! Not bad for an 'old lady'. Mind you - it seems to me that the RL Toni is perpetually young!
Mac's Families - Page 10 Nonnit10
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 9:46 am

I agree about elder Sims. They really go from young parents to their death beds way too quickly.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 11:54 am

Quote :
And I've thought there has always been a missing age group.

Mac's Families - Page 10 357604 I think so too. Honestly, at different times I thought I wouldn't mind another age group between each of the already existing ones. Preschoolers, pre-teens, but middle aged sims especially. I think gradual aging would be awesome, but the franchise seems to be going the opposite way. When I heard that TS4 had fewer age groups and the teens and adults were the same height, I had to pass. That's the total opposite of what I want. If I weren't so lazy I would do more with cc content and teaching older toddlers to walk to make it so.

Now that you've got me thinking about the ages of parents of college students. The age duration for the different stages sometimes doesn't make a lot of sense either. Forcing them to age up, rather than waiting for them to do it on their own and sending the kids to university halfway through their teens helps somewhat. In the neighborhood I'm playing now, I'm just starting to send my oldest teens to uni (at 8 days to adulthood) and their parents (my founders) all have one day left of adulthood. (I didn't age them up early at any of their other stages). So I guess that would make them 40-ish elders. Ew, I don't like that thought . . . affraid I may have to break out the nonelder clothes and hair dye for them. laughin

I've been using some mods and cheats to play my university students in a house in my regular neighborhood. I'm kind of enjoying doing it that way. It does eliminate all of the "rah rah" stuff you mentioned disliking. I'm also using a mod that makes the college experience last four 48 hour semesters. It makes it much more challenging. With the default time it's way too easy for everyone to get an A+.

Aw, how cute seeing SimToni and SimNonni sharing a meal together. Mac's Families - Page 10 7255 I love you
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mac's Families
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10