Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Mac's Families

Go down 
+10
MaAlet
ilikefishfood
SandySimmer
Cher64
autumnelle
Grykon
Nonni
Sugah
Ullwera
Astral Faery
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
mac

mac

Mac's Families - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 7:21 am

ilikefishfood wrote:
If I may claim half of the praise here, Shelly is gorgeous!  sunny

Absolutely! At least half, though Darcy had to do all the work!  laughin

ilikefishfood wrote:
About the hair: I packaged Nicklas with a blonde hair, so maybe somehow the game is still reading those genetics.

Blonde hair covers so much of the spectrum. I imagine that the game read "blonde" but couldn't differentiate between all the blonde colors. (BTW, I'm always calling a color red, to have Maikki correct me "That's hot pink!") Little boys were given boxes of crayons with 8 crayons - one of which was black.  Mac's Families - Page 2 729422  Little girls got boxes of 64 crayons. Mac's Families - Page 2 366915  It's one of those things about the extra X chromosome! verklempt )
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 8:53 am

mac wrote:
Sugah and Sandy: If I can think positive about Agatha (and I do ) I can think positive about anybody!

Mac's Families - Page 2 97206

My guess would be that Shelly genetically has dark hair (like the color of her eyebrows), but she grew into a hairstyle that wasn't fully recolored for all ages correctly. I've noticed that with some hairstyles in my game. They might be black or brown for adults, but blond for children and toddlers, because the creator didn't recolor all of the age groups. If you had left the same hair on her, it's possible that the color might have changed when she transitioned to teen or adult, if it was a custom hair and not the maxis one. I think she's a cute kid so far. I agree with everyone that she has potential. It will be interesting to see how she grows into her looks.

Ruth is very lovely and I like Bronwynne's look. She does seem like a serious teen in the pic!
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 10:27 am

SimEm wrote:
My guess would be that Shelly genetically has dark hair (like the color of her eyebrows), but she grew into a hairstyle that wasn't fully recolored for all ages correctly.  I've noticed that with some hairstyles in my game.  They might be black or brown for adults, but blond for children and toddlers, because the creator didn't recolor all of the age groups.  If you had left the same hair on her, it's possible that the color might have changed when she transitioned to teen or adult, if it was a custom hair and not the maxis one.

It's entirely possible, and sometimes I think it's better not to mess with the kids at all and things will eventually straighten out. But now I've gone and done it with Shelly. (I think she'll survive, though, and still turn into a pretty teen and adult.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And now for something completely different: SF, Katia, created by Ari, newly disengaged from Guido Genni, sks SM: Fit and Athletic. She is Gemini, Brown Hair, Top of the Fitness career and highly skilled in all but Mechanical and Cleaning. Object: Romance, marriage, and offspring suitable for posting here (Spouse must be by a noted Sims creator)

Picture enclosed:
Mac's Families - Page 2 Katia_zpskhgjomkz
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 9:58 am

Toni wrote:
About the hair: I packaged Nicklas with a blonde hair, so maybe somehow the game is still reading those genetics.

I was actually going to comment that on my puter monitor, Nicklas' hair looks dark blonde!  Mac's Families - Page 2 12612

Em wrote:
They might be black or brown for adults, but blond for children and toddlers, because the creator didn't recolor all of the age groups.

Mac's Families - Page 2 637989

Mac wrote:
Little boys were given boxes of crayons with 8 crayons - one of which was black.    Little girls got boxes of 64 crayons.   It's one of those things about the extra X chromosome!

Awwww!  Mac's Families - Page 2 665781

I look forward to seeing the kiddos of Katia (by Ari) and the SP fella who is lucky enough to become her mated one.  Mac's Families - Page 2 21650
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 10:32 am

Mac Katia is very pretty in your game! Can't wait to see who her new beau will be :)
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 11:52 am

SandySimmer wrote:
Mac Katia is very pretty in your game!  Can't wait to see who her new beau will be :)

Well, I've just added 4 guys to my 'hood: Toni's Adam and Rory, but the front runners are Ari's Dax and Sugah's Dominic.

Mac's Families - Page 2 558785 to all creators and, for the guys who don't get Katia, there are still plenty of yummy SimFemmes wow! in the 'hood!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 12:39 pm

Quote :
...Sugah's Dominic.

Oh, Mac, COOL!!!
My Dominic (currently Anthony Benedetto) is married to Elle's Kimberly (KimberLee in my 'hood) and they've just had a baby together.
See [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (April 2nd's post), if interested.
I still haven't taken any good pics of the child yet, but intend on doing so today, so I can share in my Offspring Project thread.

Quote :
...and, for the guys who don't get Katia, there are still plenty of yummy SimFemmes wow! in the 'hood!

Mac's Families - Page 2 97206

I'm excited to see who lovely Katia will end up with! Play on, good sir!!!
Back to top Go down
MaAlet

MaAlet

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 4:53 am

I really enjoyed reading through this thread very much, Mac! You really have interesting combinations here :) Thank you so much for sharing!
Back to top Go down
http://alletitia.webs.com/
Nonni

Nonni

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 5:55 pm

Oh, I am ever so mortified! I really am. No  I humbly apologize for missing the Offspring Projects of each participant. I know you will forgive me because of who you all are: Sugah Babies!  Mac's Families - Page 2 12612

I have enjoyed perusing the entries of your game, mac. Thank you so much for demonstrating so well where Sim genes can lead us. Mac's Families - Page 2 687310
Back to top Go down
http://www.affinitysims.com/forum/
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 6:01 pm

Nonni wrote:
Oh, I am ever so mortified! I really am. No  I humbly apologize for missing the Offspring Projects of each participant. I know you will forgive me because of who you all are: Sugah Babies!

Nonni! What on earth are you apologizing for??? Mac's Families - Page 2 553217 Each of us posts when we can. I'm soo looking forward to your couples' offspring. Wonderful pairings! Mac's Families - Page 2 940149
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 8:14 am

Wow Mac...You really hit this hard!!! Well done sir! *salute*
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
Nonni

Nonni

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 8:26 am

Thanks, Guys! Mac's Families - Page 2 648375
Back to top Go down
http://www.affinitysims.com/forum/
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 10:06 am

Mac wrote:
Well, I've just added 4 guys to my 'hood: Toni's Adam and Rory, but the front runners are Ari's Dax and Sugah's Dominic.

Drum roll please!!! The suspense!! Mac's Families - Page 2 408427
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 2:33 pm

Looking at her picture, I'd say Katia won't have any shortage of single male suitors replying!
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 11:05 am

I'm going back into the past of my 'hood to post families, often (I apologize) without pics of children.  
Ari's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and Jen's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] had twin daughters, Astrid and Ashleigh.

Mac's Families - Page 2 TaraBraden_zpsvvrckij9

Here they are with their babies. Braden is Knowledge/Cancer and retired at the top of a Tourism career and Tara is Family/Pisces and retired at the top of the Artist career.
Twin toddlers are quite a handful in the game!  bluwhew! and early on, Poor Tara said she felt like a "cow".  Mac's Families - Page 2 621122

Mac's Families - Page 2 Twins

The girls are grown up now, Astrid (on the left) is Popularity/Pisces and is almost at the top of a Fitness career.
She's in a partnership with Angelique Bullock, Sandra Bullock's daughter.
Ashleigh (on the right) is Family/Aries and is at the top of an Athletic career. She's engaged to and living with a non-SugahSite guy.
I do keep the hair and eye colors and the facial features the simmies are born with. You will see that both girls got their dad's hair although they opted for different styles.

Mac's Families - Page 2 AstridAshleigh_zpsrw5v7cpt

I have a question about twins, though.
There don't seem to be any identical twins. I remember in my high school class there were a pair of identical twin girls: Jo and Betty.
I guess their really close friends could tell them apart - I couldn't.
I called them "Bo and Jetty", which I'm sure they appreciated.  Mac's Families - Page 2 971462
Maybe some of the posters here can clarify the identical twin situation.

Ari and Jen: Mac's Families - Page 2 558785 as ever for your wonderful creations!
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 8:24 pm

Astrid and Ashleigh turned out very well; they both look like nice girls.

I think, a long time ago, I did have a set of identical twins in my game. Identical looking, I'm sure, but I don't remember if their stats were identical when they were born.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 11:41 am

Quote :
I'm going back into the past of my 'hood to post families, often (I apologize) without pics of children.

No apologies necessary, Mac.
I think everyone will agree that we're all just glad you've helped head up this project & are actively participating! Mac's Families - Page 2 344738

Quote :
Twin toddlers are quite a handful in the game!  

Ain't that the truth!?!
I don't like to play with cheats much, but I'm all about using motiveDecay off when my Sims have twins! Mac's Families - Page 2 922586

Quote :
I do keep the hair and eye colors and the facial features the simmies are born with.

Me, too! Especially since this is an experiment in SP genetics.
I think we shouldn't change those features to keep it honest/real.

Ashleigh and Astrid are pretty girls, btw.

Cher wrote:
I think, a long time ago, I did have a set of identical twins in my game. Identical looking, I'm sure, but I don't remember if their stats were identical when they were born.

I think I did, too, Lady C, but can't remember much more than that...  Mac's Families - Page 2 62525
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 11:56 am

Sugah wrote:
I don't like to play with cheats much, but I'm all about using motiveDecay off when my Sims have twins! Mac's Families - Page 2 922586

I haven't heard of motiveDecay. Mac's Families - Page 2 62525 What is it? I do find it annoying when I set up chains of actions that just disappear.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 12:51 pm

What I do is pull up the cheat box and type in MaxMotives first, Mac.
This maxes out every Sims' needs on the lot.
Then, I type in motiveDecay off.
This stops their needs from decreasing.
In other words, they stay in the green until you type in motiveDecay on in the cheat box!
Everyone stays happy and fulfilled! Mac's Families - Page 2 584675
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 5:12 pm

Sugah I didn't understand exactly what the hack you mentioned did, but it's a bit extreme for me. However, I've found this to make toddlers almost enjoyable. They put themselves to bed and, what's more important, get themselves out of bed when they wake up rather than screaming like a banshee.  affraid  It's my "go-to" now for toddlers although I haven't tried it on twins yet. It could only help.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 9:25 pm

It's actually not a hack, but a cheat, Mac.
When you say "extreme", are you saying you don't need that much help with keeping everyone happy on the lot? Mac's Families - Page 2 97206
You just want it to be easier with the little ones?

I checked out the link you provided for the Baby's Touch Toddler Bed.
I definitely like the concept and am going to download it now.
Thank you for sharing!!!
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 11:09 pm

My first though upon seeing Tara is . . . I know that dress! I had to go back and check Ari's thread and make sure it really was one that I had made long, long ago. (I just got too excited about that. laughin ) Tara and Braden make a cute couple and their daughters are gorgeous. I love how they have such distinct styles.

I don't think the game makes a distinction between identical and fraternal twins. Twins are just two sims generated in a row from the same parents. Though I'm sure it's possible for sim twins to look identical (or nearly so), especially if their parents are fairly similar looking.

I think turning motivedecay off would be too extreme for me too. (Though I wouldn't be opposed to maxing motives when necessary, but I tend to try avoid doing that also.) They need to have a little bit of a challenge. laughin Does that cheat turn off motive decay for the babies/toddlers too? So the parents doing have to feed or change or do anything with the little ones?

I've noticed, in one of my households, the toddler was putting himself to bed in the cat's bed and helping himself to the cat's food when he was hungry. It made him a very low maintenance toddler. The cat wasn't too happy about it though. laughin
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 7:26 am

SimEm wrote:
My first though upon seeing Tara is . . . I know that dress!  I had to go back and check Ari's thread and make sure it really was one that I had made long, long ago

Thank you Em! It's a beautiful dress! I don't often give credits for clothing, but it's certainly due here!  ThankUforSharing

SimEm wrote:
I've noticed, in one of my households, the toddler was putting himself to bed in the cat's bed and helping himself to the cat's food when he was hungry.  It made him a very low maintenance toddler. The cat wasn't too happy about it though.  laughin

thinkin\' Evil thoughts - a new way to raise toddlers! Mac's Families - Page 2 97206 Probably with RL precedents! Mac's Families - Page 2 46579
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 8:48 am

Em wrote:
Does that cheat turn off motive decay for the babies/toddlers too? So the parents doing have to feed or change or do anything with the little ones?

Yes, it turns off for all fam members, Em.
And I try only to use the motiveDecay off cheat when things get too hectic (eg babies/toddlers in a busy household).

Quote :
...the toddler was putting himself to bed in the cat's bed...

I had the same thing happen to little Celeste (see my Game Antics thread, April 2 post). Too funny! laughin

Em wrote:
I know that dress! I had to go back and check Ari's thread and make sure it really was one that I had made long, long ago.

Mac's Families - Page 2 21650 Don't you just love it when you see something you've created in another's game? I know I do!  I love you
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 9:58 am

Mac wrote:
Here they are with their babies. Braden is Knowledge/Cancer and retired at the top of a Tourism career and Tara is Family/Pisces and retired at the top of the Artist career.
Cute couple!! And their twins are so cute and like you said have Dads' hair color!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mac's Families
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next