Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries

Go down 
+46
Simply Simful
SandySimmer
Grykon
jenbos
Lizzy67
jadeskyee
ranabluu
luisa0099
BwinneyBunny
clc
wendyj42
mizmudgie
ilikefishfood
13pumpkin
beckylynn2109
mac
Riverwillows
wowrosanna
jimroar2000
Strify
soloaris
Nonni
sugar_puff
AdriannaSimmie
Hobbes
Starr7
tinhouse
lisamac
L.J
CallyDreaming
Caleb_71
Hunter
Travellerp
Pierre
SimEm
CajsaN
Ullwera
autumnelle
suzannegosnell
Astral Faery
Meilyn
andrewplay599
LabCat
Twoyys4me
Sugah
blaqmune
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
lisamac

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: The Right Order - Installing Sim2 EPs   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 3:38 pm

Hi ALL...........Question
What is the correct order to install the Sims 2 with all expansions?
My game is running funny and I need to start from scratch
Thanks,
Lisa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:31 pm

Here's the order:

Base game

University

Nightlife

Open For Business

Season's

Bon Voyage

FreeTime

ApartmentLife
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 12:57 am

Pretty close Ed, but you left out two.

Base game

University

Nightlife

Open For Business

Pets

Season's

Bon Voyage

FreeTime

ApartmentLife

Mansion and Garden
Back to top Go down
tinhouse

tinhouse

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 9:03 am

Order? My game runs perfectly and I have always just grabbed the nearest pack and installed it. Now I only reinstall if I get a new PC, if I have problems I usually just delete my Sims folder and start up the game and a new 'everything' is generated! Works for me!! But then that could be all wrong!! Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 424501
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 9:49 am

I think I read somewhere a long time ago, that installing Sims 2 EPs in order is not as important as it was with Sims 1.
As a matter of fact, I am quite sure the order of installation does not matter with Sims 2.
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
L.J

L.J

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 10:49 am

I think it depends on things like your type of computer etc.
Some people have huge issues if they don't install them in the correct order, but alot of us can just put them on in any order and be perfectly fine. :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.simtopia.net
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 11:24 am

Quote :
I think it depends on things like your type of computer etc.

That's interesting, LJ. I had not heard that before.
Perhaps I should do a bit more research.

If nothing else, it wouldn't hurt to install all EPs and SPs in order, of course.
Back to top Go down
Hunter

Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 12:09 pm

I don't think order matters.

When I had to do my re-install I installed these:

Base/Nightlife

University

Open For Business

Free Time

then Apartment life.

I didn't install Pets and Seasons right away because I wasn't sure I wanted them anymore - but after awhile I installed those also. I don't remember what order - but I installed them after the previous listed.

I've had no operating problems by doing that.

That's my two cents. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 12612
Back to top Go down
http://basicforsims.forummotion.com/
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 9:28 pm

The order is not important once you have an expansion past Nightlife. I have all the expansions and all the stuff packs and have never re-installed them in order; however, if your game is acting kooky, Tinhouse had the best solution.

Tinhouse wrote:
Now I only reinstall if I get a new PC, if I have problems I usually
just delete my Sims folder and start up the game and a new 'everything'
is generated!

I have done this countless times, and it clears up the problem every time. You can even do this if you just want a fresh start.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 11:49 am

This is all very good information. Thank you to those of you who have contributed to this thread.
I am going to lock it now, but it will remain available to folks who may need to refer to it in the future.
Back to top Go down
Starr7

PostSubject: SIMS 3 LAUNCHER   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 9:16 am

Goog Morning, Love this site..Thanks for sharing it with all of us....My Question is, I have the sims3..I downloaded a sims 3 house yesterday, I downloaded it through winrar as I do my other sims 2 homes and the sims3 launcher wont let me install the house..I click on the install button when the launcher pops up on my screen and a pop up comes saying, Requries missing expansion pack..Can someone help me with this problem..Regreting buying this sims3 game...I look forward to the help..thank you,
Back to top Go down
Hobbes

Hobbes

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:49 pm

If it said that, it's possible that your download requires The Sims 3: World Adventures. Look at the house your attempting to download and double check the info. If it doesn't require any expansion packs, then I don't know what to tell you. Sorry about the problem, I have felt the same pain as you have many times with this game.
Back to top Go down
http://hobbes.forumotion.com/
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 10:38 pm

Starr, thank you for your question. I am sorry for your troubles with Sims 3.
This is a Sims 2 site and since I am not familiar with Sims 3, I am not educated enough to answer your question. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 62525

Hobbes, thank you so much for taking the initiative.
I appreciate you stepping in for me and am grateful for your help. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 584675
Back to top Go down
Pierre

Pierre

PostSubject: Request this Painting and Frame for my Sims 2 Homes   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 9:59 pm

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if it would be possible to reproduce this painting and frame for my sims2 homes please?

Thank you very much in advance.

Pierre

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 Fpc7c6
Back to top Go down
http://sparta.medialayer.net/~inspiring/forums/index.php
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 11:32 pm

I'm not sure how close I can come to finding the same frame, Pierre.
As far as the painting goes, I'll need the name of it and the painter, if possible.
Then, I can do a search to see if I can locate it.

Thank you for the request! Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 408427
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 5:01 pm

Pierre, as you may've noticed, several of our posts have disappeared due to the recent hijacking.

Will you tell me, again, what the name of your mother's painting is, both in French, then translated in English?
Thank you, my friend!
Back to top Go down
Pierre

Pierre

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 5:41 pm

Sugah wrote:
Pierre, as you may've noticed, several of our posts have disappeared due to the recent hijacking.

Will you tell me, again, what the name of your mother's painting is, both in French, then translated in English?
Thank you, my friend!

les jardins de gardenia ( english translation the garden gardenia)
Back to top Go down
http://sparta.medialayer.net/~inspiring/forums/index.php
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 6:30 pm

Thank you so much, Pierre. I appreciate you getting back with me on this. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 940149
Back to top Go down
CallyDreaming

CallyDreaming

PostSubject: Has anyone seen...   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:37 pm

Has anyone seen or heard of a mod where you can take the job wants and lifetimewants out of a sims well wants!

I'm sure i used to have this hack in game but i cannot for the life of me remember where i got it from :(

Is anyone able to help me?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:39 pm

Squinge over at InSIM or MTS comes to mind right away.
Back to top Go down
CallyDreaming

CallyDreaming

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:29 pm

Thanks for the help ed i check squige work and i cannot find a mod like what i was looking for sadly :(
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 11:04 pm

Cally, please forgive me. I am not sure what you mean...

Quote :
...you can take the job wants and lifetime wants out of a Sims well wants...

Are you saying remove a Sims wants completely or change them?
If you are talking about changing lifetime aspirations/wants, doesn't the ReNuYuSenso Orb, which is an Aspiration Reward allow you to do that?
I think it came with Nightlife EP, but don't quote me.
The ReNuYuSenso Orb changes the aspiration of a Sim, including lifetime wants. You can change Sims attractions with it, too.
Back to top Go down
CallyDreaming

CallyDreaming

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 4:55 pm

Sorry i didn't explain myself properly sugah i want to remove a sims JOB wants none of the others its just i always have job lifetime wants which i don't enjoy.

I hope this is clearer sugah Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 Herz
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 5:02 pm

Hmmm...It seems to me I have heard of a hack out there that allows random Lifetime Wants, regardless of the Aspiration (Knowledge, Family, Romance, etc.).
This way, you can change it, if you don't like it. In other words, if you don't want your Sim's Lifetime Want be a Criminal Mastermind, you can change that want.

I haven't played with hacks in my game forever, Cally.
I will PM some of the gals in here who may be familiar with something like this moreso than I.
Hang in there with me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 5:40 pm

I've kept this in the back of my mind since yesterday.

If it isn't Squinge, have you tried the InSIMenator? I know there's three different versions to choose from. I use the SIM version.

Another place might be, MATY.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries
Page 11 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 41  Next