Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries

Go down 
+46
Simply Simful
SandySimmer
Grykon
jenbos
Lizzy67
jadeskyee
ranabluu
luisa0099
BwinneyBunny
clc
wendyj42
mizmudgie
ilikefishfood
13pumpkin
beckylynn2109
mac
Riverwillows
wowrosanna
jimroar2000
Strify
soloaris
Nonni
sugar_puff
AdriannaSimmie
Hobbes
Starr7
tinhouse
lisamac
L.J
CallyDreaming
Caleb_71
Hunter
Travellerp
Pierre
SimEm
CajsaN
Ullwera
autumnelle
suzannegosnell
Astral Faery
Meilyn
andrewplay599
LabCat
Twoyys4me
Sugah
blaqmune
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Nonni

Nonni

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 12:13 am

Well...

Of course, since you and yours are the heart of your house. I hate moves but you seem to have an upbeat attitude about it.

When I helped SimSafe2 move files to a new server a month or so ago, it was NOT a piece of cake.

You, Sugah and Hunter are in my prayers. See you soon.

Hugs from Nonni
Back to top Go down
http://www.affinitysims.com/forum/
Hunter

Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 12:13 am

Nonni wrote:
More issues to deal with, no wonder, site owners give up.
I thought about it.

Nonni wrote:
It really irritates me that you , Hunter and Ed have to deal
with this, Sugah.

I know you will remain steadfast and true to
those who love you.

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 1praise

Thanks Nonni. I will remain steadfast and true.

I've commented plenty at Basic and to Forum Motion's Help forum.

The thing that ticks me off the most is the money I've invested to NOT have advertisements forced on our downloaders - and that Forum Motion can over rule that option and force ads on a downloads page anyway.

I'm tired. I give up. I wrote an apologetic newsletter to all of Basic's members and I'll just have to accept the new way.

I'm not rebuilding somewhere else and I'm not quitting.

I'm not happy about it all, but I'll deal with it. Hopefully our members and downloaders will too.
Back to top Go down
http://basicforsims.forummotion.com/
Nonni

Nonni

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 12:59 am

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 912276

My :praying1: were answered.

Hugs from Nonni
Back to top Go down
http://www.affinitysims.com/forum/
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 12:31 pm

Nonni, I am glad you found this paneling.
I was going to say it really resembles LabCat's style and she has done some similar wall panels.

And yes, this is absolutely the place to post queries such as WCIF.
I will close this thread, since the mystery has been solved! Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 584675

Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 12:53 pm

I am just now learning about this, upon my return from our vacation.

I am sorry, first of all, for any inconvenience, folks.
Secondly, I appreciate all the kind words and thoughts shared here.
Nonni, you are a gem and I thank you for what you've said.

Lady H wrote:
I'm tired. I give up. I wrote an apologetic newsletter to all of Basic's members and I'll just have to accept the new way.

I'm not rebuilding somewhere else and I'm not quitting.

What is "the new way", Hunter? Do we need to repair links so that Mediafire will work?
I am so out of the loop and could use some more info. Thank you, luv.

Ed and Andrew, congrats on your new place. How did the transfer go?
You didn't copy and paste every single post did you?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:18 pm

The new way is, when you click on a link to download anything, you're directed to a page, then you have to click on that, THEN it takes you to the MediaFire link. Two clicks.

Transfer went well. Copy and pasted practically every page/thread. Andrew did most of it. I made you a section just like you had at Forumotion. So, all you have to do is, create a thread, then copy and paste. It's basically a carbon copy of the other one.

The new forum has no trouble with MediaFire lniks. I double checked. One click is all it takes!

Elle, Adrianna and Russ are the Global Moderators. Me and Andrew are Administrators.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 3:04 pm

Thank you for this information. I appreciate it, Ed.
I will check out your new place.

Not sure I'm up to moving every single post to a new host.
I feel rather like Hunter does about that.
Hell, I haven't even recovered from the hijacking of all my accounts (since January).
I still have downloads/images/links to repair!

Congrats to you and your team. I wish you much success with your new host!
Oh, and thank you for keeping Sugah's Shack at your place.
I will do my best to offer a gift more often, as time allows. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 12612

Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 3:21 pm

Since this request has been filled (last update), I shall close this thread.
I haven't forgotten about the coordinating walls & floors, Jen.

Hope to get to that next update! Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 584675
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 8:29 pm

Andrew is a Godsend!

I just looked at InvolveBoards. asked about MediaFire links or any other uploading site's. No problem was the reply. So, off I went. Actually, off he went. I just found it.

You and Hunter have way too much to transfer. Like I told her, I only have about 10% of her total members. So, I figured, if I build, they will come. So far, they are! Little by little. Just a matter of time.

You're welcome! Everything that was over at ForumMotion is at the new site.

I still have a lot of copying and pasting to do myself.........YIKES!

Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 12:05 am

I'm glad that you have Andrew to help you rebuild at your new location.
I have no doubt his assistance in the matter is HUGE.
I remember how you helped him to build the original Sims Play House.
That's great! You two must make a terrific team.

I was just over at Forumotion reading some of the posts regarding the Mediafire links not working.
Apparently, as of June 29th, things have been repaired somewhat.

Typlo, the admin at Forumotion, posted this (copied and pasted from the support forum):

Hello,

The aim has never been to completely stop the links to work, that was actually a bug that's been fixed this morning. And this is and has always been the official Forumotion position. Indeed it would be madness to censor all links, that's not our policy.
It's now working as planned : when you click on a download link, you're simply redirected to a second page where you can access your download link.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

When trying one of my Mediafire download links today (several times), I get a page that looks like this:

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 Mediafire1

Upon clicking on the white arrow (in the blue circle), the regular download page pulls up:

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 Mediafire2

Now granted, the Forumotion changes adds one more click to the process, but I am hoping that will not deter folks from continuing to download here.
It adds one more step, but takes only a second or two to click on the white arrow (circled in blue) and bring up the actual download page.

I hope to collect my thoughts and send a forum newsletter about it tomorrow.

Again, I thank everyone for their patience. I think we'll be alright as it stands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 12:22 am

That has got to be stupid......What's worse is, the people that actually pay for MediaFire. They should be free of such.....Can't think of the word I want.

Also, if you click on a link to go to a different forum or whatever, you're redirect to something else. Don't know what it is exactly, but I do now it's a brown and orange page. Then you get to where you're going. It's like a re-direct page.

Perfect example. If you got to my Forumotion, and click on the red link, New Home, it'll do that. I just tested it.

Like I said, Andrew is a Godsend!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 12:56 am

With all due respect, I truly do NOT want to turn this into a Forumotion bashing session.
Whenever I've had questions or issues, I've been pleased with the help and responses I have gotten from my site host.
We may not like all the changes Forumotion makes (for whatever reason).
This much is true. But I remain extremely grateful for the free forum hosting.

In this case, I honestly think an extra click to download from Mediafire is not that big a deal.
I DO feel badly for those who pay for Mediafire, as it doesn't seem fair to them.
However, now that I know I will not have to change any of the download links and can leave them just as they are, I feel a lot better.

Quote :
If you click on a link to go to a different forum or whatever, you're redirect to something else.

I'm not sure I'm getting you.
I clicked on my Facebook page link HERE, and it took me directly to Sugah's Place Facebook page.
I just clicked on your sig link and it took me directly to your new website.
I also clicked on (in my Affiliates and Friends section) several of the link buttons, and was taken directly to the appropriate website.
I'm not being redirected as you mentioned, but perhaps I'm not understanding you correctly.
It IS late and I AM an old woman, afterall. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 774807

BTW, are you still going to have a link exchange/affiliates section at your new place?
If you would like to stay affiliated, I will change your link button URL to the new addy.
Just let me know, Ed.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 2:15 am

Oh, I'm not bashing them. Not in the least. I just said what they're doing is stupid. I was happy with them until this unannounce change. I'm just trying to see to it that my members can enjoy downloading with ease. I want them to have an enjoyable experience and keep coming back.

This what I was talking about..
Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 09313e80
I got the colors wrong.......Sorry. Anyhoo, I clicked on the red link and that shows up. Maybe it just happens in the announcement bar. I honestly don't know........But, with me, that's what happens.

Andrew took the Affiliates section and pasted all of them over there. Everybody that's affiliated with me is now at the new place.

Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 10:24 am

I agree it's discouraging and frustrating for the forum owners who have chosen to pay for mediafire in order not to have the extra page, only to have another page added anyway. But I really don't think people will be so bothered by the extra click that they will stop downloading. I'm sure we'll get used to it. It's actually three clicks for the free mediafire sites, one on the forum, one on the forummotion redirect page and one on the mediafire page. People who pay only have two, since they still skip the mediafire page. But anyway, as a downloader, clicking on an extra page isn't going to bother me.

Good luck with your move, Ed. I'll have to stop by your new place. Sorry it's been so long since I visited your forum. Life keeps me busy. I hope your new host is just what you're looking for.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 11:25 am

Ed, I concur that it is always nice/better when we are made aware of such changes...absolutely!
I think Forumotion could do away with much panic and upset, if notification went out prior to any changes with our forums.
It's always far better to be in the know, so that we can be prepared and have understanding of what's going on.
It's not a good feeling to experience the element of surprise in these cases!

I see what you are talking about now, regarding that redirect page. Hmmm...
I will be on the lookout for that.
So far, in my clicking around here, I have not experienced it.

I will update your link button url to your new forum address today. Thanks! Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 868736

Quote :
But I really don't think people will be so bothered by the extra click that they will stop downloading. I'm sure we'll get used to it. It's actually three clicks for the free mediafire sites, one on the forum, one on the forummotion redirect page and one on the mediafire page.

Thank you for your input, Em. I didn't count the download click here, but you are right.
It's three total, if we DO count it. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 12612
I concur that it shouldn't be a big issue for people to click one extra time, due to the new redirect page. I'm hoping it doesn't make much of a difference to most download addicts!

I appreciate your feedback, as always. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 687310

Back to top Go down
wowrosanna

PostSubject: More Males from the Sugah's Place team? [Done! Thread Closed.]   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:44 pm

I'd like to have some more males to go along with the beautiful females on this site.

TIA,

~~Nita
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 3:12 am

If you're interested, check out my section over at ColourSims
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 7:24 am

Thank you for your request, Nita!

I will talk to my team about a "Let's hear it for the guys" project.
Maybe we can do an update in the near future with all male Sims and object recolors especially for the fellas.

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 147390
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:50 am

I have only created one male Sim so far but I would be willing to try and create a couple for a future update.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:37 am

Awesome!
I'll run it by Ariana.
Maybe between the three of us, we can manage a few more snackolicious, yummy male Sims to offer here.

Stay tuned, folks...
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:15 am

Nita, wanted to let you know that you can also find a half dozen handsome male Sims HERE, in Russ' bachelor section. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 940149
Back to top Go down
Riverwillows

Riverwillows

PostSubject: WCIF: Sims2Play Famira Bedroom - SOLVED!   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:33 am

Hello. I am looking for Sims2Play's Famira Bedroom.

I looked in the Graveyard, and it is not there. Its not on Shoukeir's Sims2Play Archive site, either. And she has admitted there may be one or two sets missing.

If someone still has those meshes, may I have a copy?

Here is the pic of the set. Its the recolor she made, her meshes are white, but its all I have.

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 SH_FemiraBedroom_02

Let me know. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
http://beckylynnsims.forumotion.com/
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:46 am

This is the perfect place to post a "where can i find" query, Deb.
Since this section covers all comments & questions, I don't have a special thread just for WCIF.

A Google search doesn't seem to pull anything up.
You'd think that if a recolorist has shared his/her recolor of Sims2Play's Famira Bedroom, we'd be able to locate it through a search.
Hmmm... Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 62525

It's a pretty set. I'll keep looking
Hopefully, someone here can help.
If you find it, let us know.

:thanx:

Back to top Go down
Riverwillows

Riverwillows

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:57 am

Actually, I am in the middle of recoloring this set as a gift for another site. And I found the files I have are actually the recolors!! Talk about inconvienent!! So now I have this half finished set, and its driving me nuts. hehe.

Back to top Go down
http://beckylynnsims.forumotion.com/
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 12:01 pm

Bummer!
I've searched a bit more for FAMIRA bedroom by Sims2Play and am getting NADA!
Even at MTS2, when I plugged in Sims2Play, there were no recolors of the Famira set (just a few others).

Will keep looking, off & on, for you. Have the grandbaby coming very soon for the day.

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 55638
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries
Page 17 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 41  Next