Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Mac's 'Hood

Go down 
+20
Sugah
Cher64
Aaroneous
MaAlet
eliseluong
Lightheart
Nonni
Simply Simful
beckylynn2109
Grykon
butterflyunion
Jayce
SimEm
Caleb_71
autumnelle
Ullwera
Hunter
Astral Faery
AdriannaSimmie
soloaris
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
mac

mac

Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 7:26 am

Autumnelle wrote:
I love watching the sims in your 'hood mingle. I wonder what Ariana will do with that wish...Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 467633.

There is only one thing to do with the wish: Peace of Mind. Permanent Platinum is way better than anything else. Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 940149

In Ariana's case, she is only a level-2 Sins2 Creator, thus has a long way to go and has to satisfy a non-career-related LTW to get permanent platinum. The only occasion I wouldn't use the wish for Peace of Mind is if the sim were only a couple of levels away from a career LTW. In which case, I'd give the lamp away with all 3 wishes. Really!
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:34 am

Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 912276
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:06 pm

mac wrote:
They aren't ghosts in the sims sense. The characters are very much alive but have moved out (to another dwelling - not to eternity). The "Ghosts" are the characters who remain in the apt even though I've moved them elsewhere.
Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 497514

I'm revisiting this topic. I've played several apartments that don't have "Ghosts" as well as some that do. A theory I'm working on... There are 3 ways that a sim may leave an apartment:

1. Action by the sim - go to the computer in his apartment and do a "look for a new place"
2. Action by the user - On the map screen, do a remove sim operation by clicking the appropriate action on the apartment.
3. Action by another sim - invite a visiting apartment-dwelling sim to move in.

I am suspicious of number 3, the sim does join the new house, but maybe his/her ectoplasm isn't completely removed from the old apartment. Has anyone done this without problems? Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 62525
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 3:55 pm

A few updates... Remember Marcello Genni? He really has something going with Dilyana Popova, but he was also heavily involved with Carmen Electra (BTW - she was recently a guest judge on "So you Think you can Dance"). Carmen, however has had different ideas... She had Ari Linares (another handsome doggie-woggie of a man) over. He actually joined her in doing some dance moves, although he needs a lot of work.
Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 Snapshot_b5f4be5c_fb1f825e

Well, they're a major item now (but Marcello still has Dilyana).
Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 Snapshot_b5f4be5c_7b1f7b6f

Kate (Fortune/Scorpio Fashion Design/Arts had advanced to designer's assistant in her career. But then she gave some rather lame answers to a question put to her by her boss. She was immediately demoted back to intern and left the studio in tears. Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 729422 As she left, a woman in the cutting room called after her "S'OK dearie, one day your prince will come"

Little did she know!
Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 Snapshot_bb275ae5_1b2f2d41

They have hit it off very well indeed Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 508493 (with a little help in setting up her attributes and his preferences). For the next installment, we'll have to wait for the next turn of his royal simness.
Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 Snapshot_bb275ae5_5b2f2cd6
Back to top Go down
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:39 am

Quote :
Has anyone done this without problems? Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 62525

When AL was first released, there was an issue with this, though I can't remember where exactly I read about it. If I ever find the link, I will post it here, but I believe this issue was addressed with an AL patch.

Quote :
As she left, a woman in the cutting room called after her "S'OK dearie, one day your prince will come"

Little did she know!

Looking forward to seeing what happens with them. Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 21650
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:40 am

So far as I know, Elle, my Apartments is patched up-to-date. It is possible that I moved the sims out pre-patch. I'm keeping an eye on it and just might start doing apts again.

mac wrote:
As she left, a woman in the cutting room called after her "S'OK dearie, one day your prince will come"

For all of you romantics out there, Kate completely misunderstood the woman in the cutting room. It turns out that Kate had ordered several bolts of calico for a project and they had been back ordered. What the woman actually said was "S'OK dearie, one day your prints will come" Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 97206

BTW Prince William also looks very cute wearing kilts. I think it is an unspoken requirement for the male British royals to have good-looking knees. laughin
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 1:47 pm

Sir Mac wrote:
There is only one thing to do with the wish: Peace of Mind. Permanent Platinum is way better than anything else.

Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 357604 Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 637989

Quote :
It turns out that Kate had ordered several bolts of calico for a project and they had been back ordered.
What the woman actually said was "S'OK dearie, one day your prints will come"

Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 683951

I enjoyed catching up with your Sim antics, as always, Mac.
Thank you for being here with us and for sharing what's been going on in your game.

Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 6:52 am

Just a quick post... I'm currently playing without burglar alarms, hoping against hope for a burglar to show up so I can try the hack that allows sims to fight burglars themselves.

My main hobby used to be photography, but then along came personal computers (starting with an Apple II) and photography took a back seat. I'm currently playing Hysterical Paroxysm (career: Sims 2 Designer). She brought Ari's Ariana Woodfae (also a Sims 2 Designer) home from work. They really hit it off - three bolts, but I have other people in mind for Ariana. I did capture this shot, though - kissing up arm, and am really pleased with the strong lines made by the sleeves and cuffs of Ariana's gown.
Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 Snapshot_b56169ff_7b40a4c5

Last edited by mac on Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:04 am

Well now, that's an interesting turn of events! Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 12612

About those dramatic sleeves and cuffs Mac, I think they need a story line of their own! Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 99672
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:33 am

Oh wow!!

I do love the antics in your hood Mac...
Love is in the air, everywhere Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 99672
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:57 pm

I thought I'd keep you up to date with a couple of anniversary gifts I downloaded and put into my neighborhood. Here is Hunter's Christiana Orion (I keep up coming up with surnames related to "Hunter" and haven't run out yet - and I hope that she never runs out of wonderful creations. Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 846508 ) I also really like the top Christiana was packed with.

Here Christiana (Knowledge/Pisces Architecture/Arts) is entertaining Will Smith (with his back to the camera), Toni's Brandon Fish (dressed nautical, also see page 13 in this thread) and Heli Keijunen, who is becoming his main squeeze. We have the makings of a triangle here... Brandon has two bolts with Christiana, but Heli hates her.
Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 Snapshot_9b38b413_5b41c93b-1

I also started to play Ari's Patrick - here he's named Patrick Driann. Again, I'm using Adri's, Adrian's etc as surnames. Driann is a new one. He's Fortune/Cancer Athletic/Fitness. He also brings back memories of my teenage years.

When I was a teenager (this was the '50s) I was told that the way to success and happiness was at least partially in good grooming - getting my hair cut and keeping it combed among other things. But there was always this guy - like Patrick - who looked like an unmade bed, with long, unkempt hair. And he was always fighting women off with a stick, because he was "cute". That's Patrick. He's in the process of sweeping Maggie Gyllenhaal and Emmy Rossum off their feet, and he is also remarkably successful with a couple of NPC femmes that happened his way. Tom Hanks (married to Doris Day - of course) is less impressed, didn't join the toast, and remarked that he'd had better boxes of chocolates Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 128862
Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 Snapshot_1b39d269_bb473cae
Back to top Go down
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 4:43 pm

mac wrote:
... I'm currently playing without burglar alarms, hoping against hope for a burglar to show up so I can try the hack that allows sims to fight burglars themselves.

Toni wrote:
About those dramatic sleeves and cuffs Mac, I think they need a story line of their own! Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 99672

Great update, mac! It is always nice to see the creations in game! I love you
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 7:54 pm

With her recent appearances on "So you think you can dance" and "The View", I thought it was time to import Lady Gaga to my neighborhood. Celeb likenesses aren't always perfect, but this was the best I could find. And look who dropped in! Lady Gaga and Bill immediately hit it off with two bolts. Here, she's giving the back rub! I've always needed more men in my 'hood to go with the far more numerous ladies, so I didn't import Hillary. No
Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 Snapshot_1b4aff05_db4b2c8d

I recently contacted Ari regarding the dress in her wallpaper "Baby Butterfly" she very kindly directed me to a Liana Sims creation (for details go to the Baby Butterfly thread. Although the dress is listed as "maternity" it works just fine as an everyday. Tina Sym (not a celeb) is a pleasure sim, but so far she's behaved herself so she has had no need for maternity... She has a dancer career and a dancer hobby. Here Ari's creation Lenora Aster is admiring Tina's new dress. To Ari... Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 243713
Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 Snapshot_d64d8065_5b50494f
Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 7:33 am

Oh boy you have lots going on in your hood.
Bill and Lady Gaga Wow that´s a couple! Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 21650

Hilllary has to find a lover from Mars or something like that. Rolling Eyes

The Baby butterfly dress looks very nice on your Tina.

Great update! Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 7255
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 9:53 am

Aw, you're very welcome, Mac. I love you And I know I've mentioned it before, but I do so love seeing my sims in your game. Thanks for your support!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 2:08 pm

Sir Mac wrote:
When I was a teenager (this was the '50s)...

I just realized you are near my mom's age, Mac. She just turned 70 yesterday.

Quote :
But there was always this guy - like Patrick - who looked like an unmade bed, with long, unkempt hair. And he was always fighting women off with a stick, because he was "cute".
Quote :
Tom Hanks (married to Doris Day - of course) is less impressed, didn't join the toast, and remarked that he'd had better boxes of chocolates.

Quote :
...but so far she's behaved herself so she has had no need for maternity...

How funny! Tina is stylin' in that purty "baby butterfly" dress, btw.

Enjoyed the update, as always, Sir Mac.
Thank you for sharing and for being here with us.

Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 692371

Back to top Go down
Hunter

Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 4:40 pm

Your hood never fails to entertain Mac!!! I love it!

Thank you for adding Christina to the hood. I'm jealous of her, I would like to have a conversation with Will Smith!

How many celebrities DO you have in the hood??? Lady Gaga!! Wow...........too cool for me. laughin
Back to top Go down
http://basicforsims.forummotion.com/
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:09 pm

Hunter wrote:
How many celebrities DO you have in the hood??? Lady Gaga!! Wow...........too cool for me. Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 128862

I've lost all count, but I must have at least a dozen of your creations - each more attractive than the next. Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 247485

I'm finishing up a season with my sims - I do have more than 250 households - mostly, but not all celebs. I'll do a census before I start them all on summer - and that will be another year of playing. Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 974805I may bump Bill and Gaga up a bit in the sequence. I'm rather curious as to where it will go... Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 99672

Glad to see you posting more on the site - hope it's indicative of progress and convalescence Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 284699
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 7:14 am

Sorry for the double post, but I've actually completed spring with all of my sims. Here is the census:

I have 324 separate households containing 455 sims affraid

The households are as follows:

83 with celebrity partners (2 sims in household, possible children)
116 with a single celeb
71 with a single non-celeb
15 with non-celeb partners
33 with a celeb non-celeb partnership
1 born in game sim (I think I've said before that I don't do kids much)
5 sims off to University, then will join 'hood

Celebs include movie stars, politicians, singers, dancers, fictional (e.g. Jessica Rabbit or Emma Woodhouse), sims creators (Delphy, Hysterical, Milano, Sugah, and Ari). Non-celebs are mainly "interesting" sims downloaded from this site, Hunter's site, and SimsTR (although this one has gone primarily to Sims 3). Also a few Maxis NPCs married with existing sims.

A few celebs appear more than once. Johnny Depp appears both as himself and as Jack Sparrow, and there are two Sean Connerys (one elderly) and two Sandra Bullocks (one married to George Harrison, the other single, but getting involved with Nico Genni)

From Ari, I have the 4 Asters: Don,Lenora,Valera, and Zoe, Ariana Woodfae
From Jen: Marco and Nico Jenni, Patrick Driann, Melanie Drianna, Shanti Adrian, Giacomo and Kiana Adri, and Tiona Adrian-Worrell (Toni - have you figured out the Sir Frank Worrell connection?)

From SimEm, I have Simone Simem

Last, but by no means least, I have from Hunter: Christiana Orion (the hunter), Carole Hunter - a Devil Wears Prada type in my hood, Allison Hunter, Ava, Taylor Yeager (German hunter), Colby Hunt (a politician - hoping to become a big cheese Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 97206 ), Jolie Huntley, Analize Cazadora (Spanish hunter), Helene Huntington, Safire Huntress, and Trinity Huntsman.

I've probably left out a few, I compiled this list at 10PM last night and may have missed some who didn't have last names related to their creator.

To all of you... Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 558785

Now on to playing Summer with all of these! Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 974805
Back to top Go down
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 8:44 pm

Mac wrote:
With her recent appearances on "So you think you can dance" and "The View", I thought it was time to import Lady Gaga to my neighborhood.

Gotta love the GaGa! I love you

Ulli wrote:
Bill and Lady Gaga Wow that´s a couple! Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 21650

Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 637989

Mac wrote:
I have 324 separate households containing 455 sims affraid

Wow, I have to admire your rotation skills. Keeping track must be quite the chore.

Thanks for the update. Your 'hood never ceases to amaze me.
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 6:00 pm

mac wrote:
Sorry for the double post, but I've actually completed spring with all of my sims. Here is the census:

I have 324 separate households containing 455 sims

affraid How ever do you keep up?! I thought I was the juggle-meister, but you have elevated this thing to a fine art! Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 97206

mac wrote:
Toni - have you figured out the Sir Frank Worrell connection?)

I'm very impressed! Somebody knows their cricket! Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 12612

I thoroughly enjoy seeing celebrities in game...and I love the hook-ups! Tom and Doris! Though if they were the same contemporary in RL I think they'd have been a great team. They're both understand (is Doris Day still alive?) the business, made good choices, are superb at their craft...and despite all the industry drama, remain incredibly sunny! sunny

Lady Gaga rocks!

Oh! I'm delighted to see my Brandon in someone's game.

I know you've read by just concluded saga (thank you so much again for your generous feedback)....and Brandon is actually Kyle's dad, with different hair and I think I tweaked his nose a bit. Kept the name though. sunny I'm honoured that he's been added to your rather exciting hood.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 9:27 pm

ilikefishfood wrote:
How ever do you keep up?! I thought I was the juggle-meister, but you have elevated this thing to a fine art! Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 97206

Well, among other things, I keep a 22 (currently) page spreadsheet and do a page at a time! Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 497514 I do get a lot of crashes, but I save a lot and get a lot of reading done while reloading. Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 128862

ilikefishfood wrote:
I'm very impressed! Somebody knows their cricket! Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 12612

If you haven't, you should check out C L R James' Beyond a Boundary. James (from Trinidad) is one of the best writers ever in the English language - wrote both about politics and cricket. Worrell (from Barbados) was the very first black captain of a WI XI. Much more than cricket in this book.

ilikefishfood wrote:
is Doris Day still alive?

So far as I know, she's still alive - at least as of a year ago. Very active in animal welfare. For one of the most wonderful love ballads, Google "I'll never stop loving you" Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 508493 you can hear a clip - from the movie Love me or Leave me. Good piano arrangement, too.
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 1:21 am

mac wrote:

Well, among other things, I keep a 22 (currently) page spreadsheet and do a page at a time!

laughin I have a note book!

mac wrote:
I do get a lot of crashes, but I save a lot and get a lot of reading done while reloading.

Oh I get 'em too! Not lots...but I get them every few days. I play in windows mode, and actually keep my game running (well, saved, but open) for days on end. I play until I get a crash.

I've found some lots are really susceptible to crashes...and custom made hoods seem to be generally more unstable in my game anyway. I go from lot to lot and avoid going back to the main hood as much as I can. University seems most stable in my game.

I too use my load time (about 45 minutes), to catch up on reading, chores....and of course to download more stuff! Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 97206

mac wrote:
If you haven't, you should check out C L R James' Beyond a Boundary. James (from Trinidad) is one of the best writers ever in the English language - wrote both about politics and cricket. Worrell (from Barbados) was the very first black captain of a WI XI. Much more than cricket in this book.

Beyond the Boundary is on my list of favourite books (CLR's use of language is exquisite) and he is one of my favourite authors. He was also a big social rights activist too!

I totally love that you know him and his work...and of course of Sir Frank's legacy.

If you're remotely interested in cricket...and the incredible story of the West Indies Team of the 70's and 80's (we suck right now)...you may some time want to get a hold of a copy of this incredible documentary, Fire in Babylon. I saw if for the first time when I was visiting my brother a couple of weeks ago. It blew my head off!

mac wrote:
Google "I'll never stop loving you" Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 508493 you can hear a clip - from the movie Love me or Leave me. Good piano arrangement, too.

Am off to check out. My mother adored her. I remember her singing (badly. She was totally tone deaf! Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 99672 ) Que sera sera to me...as a child when I was devastated over a lost or broken toy or some such horrific trauma. laughin
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 12:11 pm

Mac wrote:
I have 324 separate households containing 455 sims...I keep a 22 (currently) page spreadsheet and do a page at a time!

wow!

Elle wrote:
Wow, I have to admire your rotation skills. Keeping track must be quite the chore.
Toni wrote:
I thought I was the juggle-meister, but you have elevated this thing to a fine art! ... I thoroughly enjoy seeing celebrities in game...and I love the hook-ups!

Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 357604 Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 7255 Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 637989

Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:40 am

Wow! That's a heckofa hood you got there! I'm impressed that you not only keep them all straight, but have broken down your census into categories. Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 259558
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mac's 'Hood
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next