Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries

Go down 
+46
Simply Simful
SandySimmer
Grykon
jenbos
Lizzy67
jadeskyee
ranabluu
luisa0099
BwinneyBunny
clc
wendyj42
mizmudgie
ilikefishfood
13pumpkin
beckylynn2109
mac
Riverwillows
wowrosanna
jimroar2000
Strify
soloaris
Nonni
sugar_puff
AdriannaSimmie
Hobbes
Starr7
tinhouse
lisamac
L.J
CallyDreaming
Caleb_71
Hunter
Travellerp
Pierre
SimEm
CajsaN
Ullwera
autumnelle
suzannegosnell
Astral Faery
Meilyn
andrewplay599
LabCat
Twoyys4me
Sugah
blaqmune
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 5:09 pm

Thanks Em. There seems to be a whole lot to install, so I shall put this on the back burner for now.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 6:50 pm

Something in the back of my mind is telling me, it all needs to just stay in the folder.
There is probably an .exe file in there, which may be the actual SimPE application/program.
That might be all you need to double click on to install it.

Don't quote me on any of this, Jen.
Toni said she'd look into it for you, so I'm sure she'll be posting what she discovers soon.

Hang in there with us, m'lady.
I'm pretty sure it APPEARS more complicated than it is, like I said. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 62525
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
beckylynn2109

beckylynn2109

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 6:54 pm

Not sure if I am much help but I downloaded the newest SimPe a while ago and saved it to my desktop. Then I unziped the folder and left everything where it was then clicked on SimPe and sent it to my desktop for a shortcut I did the same thing for Wizards of SimPe. Hope this helps.

Last edited by beckylynn2109 on Thu May 03, 2012 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Back to top Go down
https://beckylynnsims.freeforums.net/
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 6:56 pm

That's basically what I remember doing, BeckyLynn.
Thank you for adding your two cents! Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 868736
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 2:06 pm

Thank you all so much!!

I might try to download and install it again soon. It was just very overwhelming to say the least. I really want to try my hand at recoloring
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 EmptySat May 05, 2012 2:04 am

Jen, you have my email addy, use it. Answering questions or how tos, is relatively painless, it might stop you Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 898330
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 EmptySat May 05, 2012 7:43 am

thanks Russ!!

I will definitely do that :))
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 EmptySat May 05, 2012 8:24 am

Sorry....was trying to figure out what I did, but it's exactly what Becky said. Unzip everything to a folder and run the exe file (the actual application) from there.

I actually created a shortcut to the exe on my start up menu, but that's just for ease of access. The key is the 'unzipped folder thing.'

Also, if you're using Windows 7, I've found I helps to run it as an administrator (if I don't, it sometimes hangs when I'm opening large neighbourhood files).

To do this, right click on the exe or shortut, and choose "run as administrator"...you'll get a pop up asking you if that's what you want to do. Select 'yes.' And remember to install the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0.

That's it! Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 12612

I only use SimPe for editing simmies: e.g. editing memories and family ties, changing DNA and family names and cloning for sharing purposes. Oh! And I use its colour-binning tool for unbinned hair...and also Theo's delete sim tool for all those superfluous NPCs and townies, but I know nothing about object editing and cloning and modding and all that complex stuff.

Sorry, I'm checking in so late. Aside from the fact that it's been a crazy week (and I'm working this weekend)...sometimes I've learned something by trial and error and so explaining why I do things makes my brain seize up sunny

Hope you're all sorted out now.
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 EmptySat May 05, 2012 10:20 am

Thanks sweetie.
I downloaded everything last night and have it all on my desktop to install at some point. I just went ahead and got everything the makers suggested getting.

I truly appreciate everyone's help with this :)))
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 EmptySat May 05, 2012 2:22 pm

Good stuff! Do keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:41 am

Thank you, Russ & Toni, for your input. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 344738

Toni wrote:
I actually created a shortcut to the exe on my start up menu, but that's just for ease of access.

I, too, have a SimPE shortcut on my desktop for quick access.

Keep us posted, Jen!
I have a good, simply written tutorial for recoloring CC, if you're interested.
I tried several, but found this one easiest to comprehend.
It has images, too, which helps if you are a visual learner like old Sugah.
(Of course, now that I say it, I'm going to have to dig to find the tutorial URL somehow ... Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 774807 )
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:58 am

Sugah wrote:

I have a good, simply written tutorial for recoloring CC, if you're interested.
I tried several, but found this one easiest to comprehend.
It has images, too, which helps if you are a visual learner like old Sugah.
(Of course, now that I say it, I'm going to have to dig to find the tutorial URL somehow ... Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 774807 )

I'm interested (like I have time *snort*)...I am really AM interested though. I need to be able to get want I want when I want it! Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 99672
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:10 am

Sugah wrote:
Of course, now that I say it, I'm going to have to dig to find the tutorial URL somehow ...

Here's a tip:

If you find a good Tutorial, save the page as a file in a Folder called Sims Tutorials, that way you have a copy to share, without looking to hard and if the site disappears you can still find it.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:13 am

Good advice, Russ. Thank you!

Your wish is my command, Lady T.
I actually had it with a pile of other Sims 2 tutorials/cheats on my old Dell puter desk. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 687310
I can't believe it is still there, actually, as it was written back in 2006.

Anyhoo, you can find the SimPE tutorial HERE.
A painting is recolored for the tutorial, but I found this particular one helped me understand my way around SimPE far better than some of the others.

And, if either of you have any questions, I will do my best to help. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 344738
Back to top Go down
beckylynn2109

beckylynn2109

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:42 pm

I looks like this will have to set to the side for a bit while i re-download everything for my game. I got so angry at having over a thousand files that was recolors of the mailbox and trashcan that instead of finding and deleting them i removed all downloads from my game and starting from scratch rebuilding my DL folder. First to go in will of course be Sugah's Place stuff! i don't know why people build houses and put in every mailbox/trashcan recolor they have. Ugh it's so annoying.
Back to top Go down
https://beckylynnsims.freeforums.net/
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 1:51 pm

I know your frustration, BeckyLynn.
When I was downloading houses more, every recolor ever done of an object in the house was included in the Sims 2 Pack.
It's the same way when we package up houses we build and decorate.
All the recolors ever done of the dang objects in the house (that we have in our own game), get attached to the pkg. I suppose we could try to decipher what is what and get rid of some of the unwanted recolors, but it's hard to recognize objects/items sometimes by name.
Some are just random numbers and/or letters. And it's hard to tell what we're looking at by the Sims2Pk preview pic more often than not.
At least, that's how I remember it being.

I wish you luck as you start from scratch and rebuild your downloads folder.
Thank you for starting with Sugah's stuff!!!

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 687310
Back to top Go down
jadeskyee

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:49 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site. If this is still open, I have all sp's and ep's and I do recoloring. I would be happy to help. :)
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 2:43 pm

Our hostess Lady S isn't online this week but I am sure she will be thrilled to know this when she gets back :)
Back to top Go down
jadeskyee

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 6:18 pm

I'm happy to help. I'm still getting the colors right but I enjoy projects. :)
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 12:24 pm

How nice! Thank you, Jadeskyee.
I'd be happy to take a peek at some of your creations.

Simply PM me the screenshots of some of your work and we'll go from there.
Also, you might want to take a look at our gift submission rules HERE.

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 147390

Back to top Go down
Lizzy67

Lizzy67

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 2:21 pm

For Maxis recolours with Wizards of SimPE, I think here's a good tutorial which I used first :

http://z10.invisionfree.com/LIZARD_LOUNGE/index.php?showtopic=195

For recolours with custom meshes, I started with CrazyTulip's tutorial which I saved as Word document.

I actually recolour less objects today but it's what I started to do in 2009, before recolouring clothes or converting them to other meshes.
Back to top Go down
http://lizcreasims2updates.wordpress.com
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 5:53 pm

Lizzy, that is a really terrific, easy to understand tutorial.
I love how Lizard provided plenty of pics for those of us who need the visual when learning.

Thank you for sharing the link with us!!!

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 Merci-2

Is Crazy Tulip's CC tutorial still online?
Or do you only have it in a Word document?
Back to top Go down
Lizzy67

Lizzy67

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 6:28 pm

Well, at BPS CrazyTulip's tute has been replaced with a youtube video.

But her original tutorial is still at Cherryblossomsims :

http://cherryblossomsims.forumieren.com/t633-how-to-recolor-maxis-and-custom-content-objects

Thanks God they saved it preciously out there.

Because the tutorial is picture heavy I needed to have it as Word doc. to read again instead of being online on a site for over an hour, lol !
Back to top Go down
http://lizcreasims2updates.wordpress.com
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 6:11 pm

Awesome! Thank you for providing the link for us.
It's a very good, comprehensive SimPE CC tutorial, Lizzy.

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 367799
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: WCIF masculine shorts with sandals for adult male Sims?   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 4:40 pm

My friends, I have been going nuts trying to find decent shorts for adult male Sims. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 85797
I've been all up and down MTS2 (didn't find too much I liked) and a few other sites.

What I am searching for, in particular, is good looking shorts that aren't too nerdy or too baggy ... but are stylish and with beach-type shoes, preferably sexy sandals OR even bare feet (no boots or goofy sneakers, eg).
The shorts can be alone or with tees or polo (golf style) shirts, but I'd prefer NO long sleeves, since these ensembles will be for my seaside Sims.
I'm not big on tank tops for most of my male Sims either. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 46579

The searches I've done today haven't pulled much up.
I'd prefer regular body type styles for now. Inevitably, I will need some slim body builder ones.

Thank you for any and all help!!!
I'd appreciate it mucho. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 761338

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 367799

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries
Page 31 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 41  Next